U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Employee Reviews

Very fun outdoor related jobs as an intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJanuary 24, 2019
Overall, I really enjoyed the internship with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife. It exposed me to a few different jobs, many people, and I was taught good working habits.
Fun place to work.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Maricao Municipio, PRJanuary 22, 2019
Nature oriented. Fun for Biologist and ecologists. While working orientating the community, really enjoyable. Always working with surrounding community is fulfilling.
Supervisory Fish and Wildlife Biologist (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 15, 2019
The US Fish and Wildlife Service is a very good agency to work for. People are professional and passionate about their work, and overall friendly. People that work for the FWS genuinely care about the planet.
Great agency to work for
Assistant Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 9, 2018
Great company to work for. Great benefit package with matching 401K, allowed employee to do volunteer work, work remotely and stressed job work and life balance.
Pros
Outstanding Agency to work for
Cons
Long work hours
The best job I ever had
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 7, 2018
I really liked the work ethic of everyone and high morale with the job. I felt the issues of environmental concerns were high on the list of priorities. I really liked this job. Had opportunities to work outside, with the animals, meet great researchers. The hardest part of the job was job cuts that took people away from the job that were really important.
Pros
Just good people, nice working area and good issues
Cons
not enough money to survive
Administrative Administration
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 10, 2018
I had the honor to work with many biologist from around the world. Typical work day would be to assist 30 biologist for daily meetings and schedule their travels abroad. There were never anything difficult or hard to do here. The entire job was enjoyable.
Pros
The people and the work
Cons
Completing the contract
Great and involved place to work
Wildlife Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 10, 2018
There were plenty of tasks to be done within all interests so there was never a lack of responsibility. Co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful. All holidays were given since it is a government agency.
Pros
Holidays, experience, government emmursion
good quiet place to work
Network Administrator SMT Team (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAAugust 14, 2018
work can change from day to day. worked on help desk tickets at the server level. worked on backups of data for 87 field offices. build servers and configure to doi specs
Pros
long lunch
Cons
on site work
Solid
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
The people I work with are very nice people and I continue to feel this way. The environment is very laid back and conducive to learning and working without exception.
Best Job I've ever had
Hydrologic Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 26, 2018
I learned so much while I was working here. My bosses gave clear instructions on what they wanted, but every day was its own adventure. The bugs, poison ivy, and heat were often unbearable, but they were definitely character-building. By the time I was familiar with my boss's expectations, I was able to operate with minimum supervision and felt confident in what I was doing. I also had the opportunity to work with wildland firefighters, biologists, foresters, graduate students and professors, the USGS, The Nature Conservancy, and others. Also, the staff at the refuge were all wonderful and had a lot to teach me. I only wish that it wasn't a mere internship but an actual job, otherwise I would still be there.
Excellent Work Environment
Documentarian (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2018
Through my university I was given the opportunity to create a short documentary for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on one of their Fire Management Officers. The officer I was assigned to was incredibly kind and great to collaborate with. I would definitely recommend either collaboration or employment with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Nice atmosphere
Legal Translator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 1, 2018
I worked as a volunteer for US F&W. I really enjoyed my job there.
I translated legal agreements between Mexico and US. It was a great experience. I learned about birds of the United States.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
far away
Work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAApril 16, 2018
Good place to work. Downfall is grades. People are good to work with. Learned a lot. Loved the wildlife areas and ability to go out to see it. Got good experience.
Quiet but Friendly Place
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 20, 2018
During my employment, the company was undergoing a major transition. As a result, I'm sure my experience is not the norm. I received little training from my immediate manager and was given mostly busy work. Unfortunately, I never got to do what I was actually hired for.
maintaining public lands
Engineering Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 17, 2018
Great place to work, I would recommend to anybody who is looking for a good no great job. I wish there were more jobs like this out there, but now that the current administration has cut funding for federal jobs, I do not see very many jobs of this nature
Relaxed, comfortable environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdstown, WVJanuary 28, 2018
I was just an intern for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, however, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the agency. If I had the opportunity to become a full time employee, I would have loved to worked for this agency.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAJanuary 25, 2018
U.S. Fish and Wildlife provides a great work environment. Everyone is extremely respectful and hardworking towards a common goal. All of my coworkers were very dedicated to their job, yet very relaxed on a day to day basis.
Volunteer Worker
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Roma, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I was a volunteer worker and the work was nice and easy. You had to dust and put away props and also clean the garden of any weeds. You also had to refill the bird feeders.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roma, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I would volunteer. Some days were different I would get there early or late and clean the building and its gardens. The flow of traffic of people through there was very small because it was a small town.
Outdoors workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I was able to work mostly unsupervised while maintaining equipment and the trails on the Wildlife Refuge and enjoying observing Eagles, Deer and Turkeys while doing so.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Seasonal employment