U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Great and involved place to work
Wildlife Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 10, 2018
There were plenty of tasks to be done within all interests so there was never a lack of responsibility. Co-workers were very knowledgeable and helpful. All holidays were given since it is a government agency.
Pros
Holidays, experience, government emmursion
good quiet place to work
Network Administrator SMT Team (Former Employee) –  Hadley, MAAugust 14, 2018
work can change from day to day. worked on help desk tickets at the server level. worked on backups of data for 87 field offices. build servers and configure to doi specs
Pros
long lunch
Cons
on site work
Solid
Undergraduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 29, 2018
The people I work with are very nice people and I continue to feel this way. The environment is very laid back and conducive to learning and working without exception.
Best Job I've ever had
Hydrologic Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 26, 2018
I learned so much while I was working here. My bosses gave clear instructions on what they wanted, but every day was its own adventure. The bugs, poison ivy, and heat were often unbearable, but they were definitely character-building. By the time I was familiar with my boss's expectations, I was able to operate with minimum supervision and felt confident in what I was doing. I also had the opportunity to work with wildland firefighters, biologists, foresters, graduate students and professors, the USGS, The Nature Conservancy, and others. Also, the staff at the refuge were all wonderful and had a lot to teach me. I only wish that it wasn't a mere internship but an actual job, otherwise I would still be there.
Excellent Work Environment
Documentarian (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2018
Through my university I was given the opportunity to create a short documentary for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on one of their Fire Management Officers. The officer I was assigned to was incredibly kind and great to collaborate with. I would definitely recommend either collaboration or employment with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Nice atmosphere
Legal Translator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 1, 2018
I worked as a volunteer for US F&W. I really enjoyed my job there.
I translated legal agreements between Mexico and US. It was a great experience. I learned about birds of the United States.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
far away
Work
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAApril 16, 2018
Good place to work. Downfall is grades. People are good to work with. Learned a lot. Loved the wildlife areas and ability to go out to see it. Got good experience.
Quiet but Friendly Place
Office Automation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 20, 2018
During my employment, the company was undergoing a major transition. As a result, I'm sure my experience is not the norm. I received little training from my immediate manager and was given mostly busy work. Unfortunately, I never got to do what I was actually hired for.
maintaining public lands
Engineering Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORFebruary 17, 2018
Great place to work, I would recommend to anybody who is looking for a good no great job. I wish there were more jobs like this out there, but now that the current administration has cut funding for federal jobs, I do not see very many jobs of this nature
Relaxed, comfortable environment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Shepherdstown, WVJanuary 28, 2018
I was just an intern for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, however, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the agency. If I had the opportunity to become a full time employee, I would have loved to worked for this agency.
productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAJanuary 25, 2018
U.S. Fish and Wildlife provides a great work environment. Everyone is extremely respectful and hardworking towards a common goal. All of my coworkers were very dedicated to their job, yet very relaxed on a day to day basis.
Volunteer Worker
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Roma, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I was a volunteer worker and the work was nice and easy. You had to dust and put away props and also clean the garden of any weeds. You also had to refill the bird feeders.
Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Roma, TXJanuary 19, 2018
I would volunteer. Some days were different I would get there early or late and clean the building and its gardens. The flow of traffic of people through there was very small because it was a small town.
Outdoors workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I was able to work mostly unsupervised while maintaining equipment and the trails on the Wildlife Refuge and enjoying observing Eagles, Deer and Turkeys while doing so.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Seasonal employment
Maintenance supervisor
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJanuary 13, 2018
If you can get in with U.S Fish&Wildlife, I would highly recommend it, It is a great place to work and it was one of the best positions I ever had. I would work for them any time , if they asked.
Pros
The people
Very innovative managment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Hadley, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Great management - always encouraging everyone to develop in their professions - always encourage training and would be bring training into the office.
Pros
training, collaborative, free thinkers
A great place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FL 32960December 4, 2017
While working for the U.S Fish& Wildlife service I got todo a lot of interesting things. I rebuild the boardwalk at the Pelican Island wildlife refuge and dealt with a lot of interesting people, while saving the Federal Government hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax payer revenue. It was one of the best positions I ever had in my employment career.
Pros
great pleace to work
Cons
Tempary position
SCA Intern
SCA Intern (Former Employee) –  Eufaula, ALNovember 14, 2017
Had a fascinating experience working on the refuge. Learned a lot about natural resource management working on the swamp, a place I had known nothing about. Small organization and refuge, but the people gave their work all their available quality.
fun place to work
Office Support Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Naples FLOctober 17, 2017
Great place to work and volunteer. Management is awesome, employees are fun and friendly. Easy going work environment where they help you stretch and grow as a person.
Pros
Awesome place to work
great seasonal position
Wildlife Tract Technician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 14, 2017
Thanks for the opportunity - a great seasonal position! I learned valuable lessons about the importance of protecting our rangelands in Idaho. I wish this was a permanent position.