U.S. Government Employee Reviews

Great experience
USAF (Former Employee) –  I was in USAFENovember 13, 2018
USAF was not only a great life experience, it was also a great growing experience. The military is a very stressful, demanding place to work. I believe it is truly a place where boy's and girl's go to become men and women. I would absolutely recommend everyone to do at least a 4 year tour.
The US Government is a top employer for impact, growth, challenge, benefits, and job security.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2018
The US Government is a top employer for having positive impact on a broad scale, the ability to move around within your hired department, health care benefits, vacation time, pension plan, career advancement, and training in everything from job-specific skills to leadership and IT savvy.
Nothing like the armed forces.
USMC (Former Employee) –  Varied locations around the globe.November 6, 2018
Worked on all different types of aircraft. Flew as aircrew for several years. Had the opportunity to defend democracy in various locations around the world.
Pros
See the world
Cons
People shoot at you every now and then.
Exciting workplace with different challenges from one day to the next.
Intelligence Officer (Former Employee) –  GloballyOctober 31, 2018
I loved the challenges of being an intelligence officer in a special operations role and knowing that I was playing a crucial role in the national security of the United States.
Pros
Great co workers & management, benefits, challenges, great assignments.
Cons
time away from family and friends
professional
Career Center Clerk (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTOctober 30, 2018
i liked to work there the ethic of managers are professional, fun and enjoyed my time while i was working there, friendly, family oriented. respectful.
People are treated with respect and high dignity.
SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  U.S. Navy Support Facility, Diego GarciaOctober 11, 2018
I was blessed working for more than 29 years with the U.S. government, Navy Dept. Equal Employment Opportunity is extended to everybody. People safety and security is number 1.
Premiere Federal Agency with Rewarding Results
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2018
GAO is one of the premiere Federal agencies in the Government. As a Legislative Branch Agency, GAO is unique in that it works under the direction of Congress, instead of the President. Working at GAO was a very valuable learning experience for me. Not only did we work for Congress but also worked on behalf of the American taxpayer. Our mission was to look for any areas of fraud, waste and abuse of Federal money, agency program management, and polices and procedures. While the work could be very intense and stressful at times, it was also very rewarding in the knowledge that we were working to improve the Goverment.
It's was fun working with the team I was with
Army/ Army National guards (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PA / Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 29, 2018
It as a learning experience and had a chance to go different places ,and do different things. Now I'm just to old to do it again sometime I wish I could have stayed in.
Pros
Everything is ok and on time
Cons
Everything has its cons
Best career, EVER
CHEMICAL WEAPONS DEMILITARIZATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 25, 2018
The U.S. Government has been the greatest career choice that i could have ever made, given me the best leadership skills, team work. world travel and the vast list of morale and ethical values.
Federal employment great career and a lot of benefits
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2018
Worked various agencies over 40 years until retired. Excellent employment and opportunity to built a career with advancements and training. Benefits excellent.
Pros
Health benefits, advanacement, training
Cons
No comment
Working Armored/Safety Quaility Control
subject matter expert (Amored Equipment/Vehicles (Former Employee) –  Washington Navy Yard, DCSeptember 18, 2018
Enjoyed working in CIF and on the Vehicle Team, Travel and building, inspection and certification of completed Armored Vehicles. Inspection and certification of Bullet proof equipment, clothing, equipment for all types of missions.
Pros
Travel/Inspection/Safety
Cons
N/a
Benefits heavy
Logistical Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 9, 2018
The life working with the United States Government can be very rewarding and incredibly fast paced. The offered benefits are always welcome and are something that keeps you coming back everyday
Budget analyst
BUDGET ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Fort Monmouth, NJSeptember 6, 2018
• Provided program analysis for funds totaling $125 million
• Administered budget and disburse funds to 40 different accounts
• Prepared annual budget projections and forecasts
• Analyze variances and provided solutions and reports to senior management
• Compiled monthly financial reports and briefed management
Pros
security
Cons
limited advancement
Happily served my country.
United States Army and Army National Guard (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 3, 2018
The military was a great start for me to get out and do something with my life. Even though being in the military was not my passion, I'm still glad that I served.
Pros
Always progressing.
Cons
Lots of time away from family.
independent contributor
Construction analyst (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 31, 2018
setting appointments and following through with meetings and inspections in the field. Hardest part of the job is managing the monotony while the easiest is the job function itself.
Great job, great co-workers
Education and Training Technician (Former Employee) –  Kingsville, TXJuly 29, 2018
great job, slow paced, excellent co-workers, enjoyed working/assisting navy and marine student pilots, out of all my jobs, this one was the best/favorite out of all
Pros
time in, great sick/leave hours
Cons
competting with disabled vets for higher positions
Very rewarding work
Former Writer, Editor, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC AreaJuly 26, 2018
I loved working for the US government. The work was fulfilling, and there were many opportunities for career development. Management was very supportive.
Pros
Good salary; good opportunities for self-starters
Cons
Working with the military community
Sr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJuly 25, 2018
The big thing about working in any military community is that you are surrounded and influenced by the culture of that area. That culture can bleed over to the professional jobs good and bad.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Critical thinking is sometimes challenging
This was a job where I traveled
Corrections Trainer (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 18, 2018
I was in a position where I traveled all over the United States. I enjoyed the job very much. I had some, but not a lot, of interaction with the other people in the department.
I have never worked for thee US Government
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 16, 2018
I have never worked for the United States Government. I would like to try it some day though. It seems like it would be at the very least a semi stable place to work for.