U.S. Government Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Director of Forensic Investigations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2018
I’ve truly enjoyed me time in federal service. Protecting the public is a noble mission that I was proud to be a part of. If you like serving you fellow citizens - join the federal government.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay got performance system needs work
US Army
US Army-Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMay 11, 2018
It was an life experience. Learned a skill, met some interesting people and traveled. A lot has changed since i joined. Soldier are taken care of as well as they should be. Moral was low.
Gave me an opportunity to use my skills and knowledge.
Asst. Gen. Counsel (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMay 8, 2018
Gave me an opportunity to utilize my skills and knowledge. As an attorney I was able to review processes and implement procedures based upon the law. I also interpreted the law based upon review of precedence for responding to public inquiries.
Would not recommend for cybersecurity
Computer Network Defense Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 6, 2018
I would not recommend working for the government unless you are right out of college. For what you do the pay is very low. If you have love of countrt, hey do it. But if you looking for a career fed work will hurt you. Unless your with a good agency. For Cybersecurity it's hit or miss I would work for a contractor first. With the shut downs government isn't what it us to be.
Pros
Some what stable, serving the American people
Cons
Low pay, long hours, little upward mobility
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C. Metro AreaMay 1, 2018
Worked as a “Senior Financial Consultant in the program finance of projects funded by U.S. Government for business collaboration and communications solutions, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services
Insurance clerk
Word Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 1, 2018
I worked as insurance clerk for 9 year. management was terriable.
last job at Govt was word processing, management was fantastic, enjoyed job; other household commitments began a problem.
Pros
management
Cons
enjoyed job
Productive, educational, experience in any career move I had to point me in the right career choice for the future.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
When I worked for the government it was a very good learning and teaching experience for me. I had already developed the training in school to prepare me. If I could have I would have still been there until retirement. My co-workers and I were like family. We loved our leadership He was a very humble man. I loved doing special projects with one of our other leaders too. I'm always being told why don't I go back to work for the agency. My answer is I have attempted to every chance I get. It's an experience you will never forget.
Love the diveristy
Referral Management Clerk (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
Great place, love the diveresity. Meeting people in all walks of life.. Fast paced environment. But commanders and management still take the time to see and appreciate all staff and patients. And always willing to help out staff and patients.

Very caring environment
Productive and fun place to work
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 17, 2018
I've worked for SBA in the past...So when I applied for this position, I had to apply 5 times before I finally got an interview. I didn't understand that because each time I talked to them, they told me I did a good job, I left on good terms (contract ended) so I don't know what took so long? But I'm still glad I finally got in. I love working for SBA.
Pros
Culteral and they have benefits even if you're not cor
Cons
I came in as GS-7 and I should've had a higher grade level in my opinion
Very productive place to work.
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2018
Work day extremely busy, within the department you can learn a lot. Very diverse work place to work. Keeping up with shipping and all other tasks that goes along with the job. Completing all work by the end of the day.
Pros
enjoying a 1 hour lunch
Cons
finding time for a short break
Review
Interpreter/Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 16, 2018
The federal government is too big not too explore. Great benefits and work life balance but when it comes to advancement and management it's based on budget.
I love my job it entailed having good computer skills and excellent skills and dealing with the public.
Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PennsylvaniaApril 14, 2018
I started as a secretary and moved all the way up to a technical expert. I also had some managerial jobs. My favorite part of all the jobs was to deal with the public.
Pros
Good health benefits and a good salary.
Fun Job with great benefits
Army Reserves (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2018
Great for any young person to experiance fresh out of highschool great work enviornment and will be taken care of provided me with a since of direction and good work ethics
Pros
protecting america
Cons
us. property
A career In public service is an honorable career. It is very rewarding, as there is much to learn about the world, without the profit restraints imp
Commission on Wartime Contracting (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 10, 2018
If you have the opportunity for a public service career, go for it! You will have many opportunities to grow in knowledge and advance at a comfortable pace. Salaries are comparative or slightly above the private sector, depending upon the job discipline.
Most fulfilling career!
Pros
Unlimited opportunities for growth
Cons
Can be a little too laid-back for some hard chargers.
Wonderful career opportunities.
Supervisory Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2018
I started in the Federal Government in 1989. My work ethic afforded me the opportunity to advance from a GS-4 Secretary to a CT-13 Supervisory Analyst. The work was rewarding and the atmosphere at my agency was that of a close knit family.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
There are none
government is a good place to work
CASE MANAGER SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2018
the government pays well and provides insurance. The people are friendly and smart. It was safe up there. It is interesting to see how things work, and how the government works, and all the ways we all play a part in keeping it alive each and every day.
Best job ever
Senior Commercial Advisor for Iraq Reconstruction (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 30, 2018
Working for the US Government in Iraq was the most rewarding job I have had. The environment was very supportive and professional, and staff are treated very well.
Structural Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCMarch 26, 2018
A typical day at work varies depending on projects. I learned knowledge about all the trades from carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, etc.
Management advised when necessary but otherwise let you do your job. My workplace culture was positive and fun and this allowed for great employee morale. There was no hard part to my job. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Great Job for while
Magistrate (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 25, 2018
Typical days at work are varied, with busy times and idle times, since the job is dependent on what work LEOs present to you throughout the duty shift. The hardest part of the job is the irregular schedule and the fact that there is no room for advancement or pay increase.Most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping the judicial system run smoothly. The hardest part of the job is not knowing about positive outcomes or receiving any feedback from supervisors.
Review follows
Imagery Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 17, 2018
Some areas were high tech and exciting, some were stressful, and some had too much paperwork. Mentoring was more than adequate and schools to upgrade your skill set were always available. There was also adequate time and equipment to improve your job insight. I enjoyed the techie stuff. The hardest part of the job was when military/political enemies made uncalculated moves. Culture was supportive. Management was supportive. I learned much about DoD, IC. Mil, etc.
Pros
great software, important "target" material
Cons
odd and rotating shifts for "what i did".