U.S. Government
Happiness rating is 75 out of 100

U.S. Government Employee Reviews

United States657 reviews

Good job

Good place to work. Job responsibility is reasonable. This job gives satisfaction in pride, accomplishment and financial compensation. Good benefit for retirement.

I love my job

The government offers job security in advancement no dress code at ssa , the pay definitely can be better the starting pay sucks but they will push you forward and help you move up and around

Pros

A big raise every yr when u move up a grade

Cons

Starting pay sucks

U.S. Government insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Overall Experience In The Military

USA! It is really what you make it. The resources are there to help you accomplish whatever it is that you desire to accomplish. You just have to stay focused and stay fit. Really not a bad bid.

Fun and Productive

Fun and Productive place to work. Great hours, great pay, it's a fabulous place to work. No overtime, work from home for the past 2 years. what else can I say.

Pros

good pay

Cons

work from home

Great Place to Work

I've enjoyed my time working with the DCSA. They provided me many opportunities to move ahead and continue various duties outside of my typical day-to-day duties.

Fun and important

Manager in the Decennial Census field operations. Everyone was always professional and considerate of others. I know the Census is nothing new but the conditions under which we managed to pull this off were nothing short of a miracle. Everyone thought quick on their feet, making for an exciting time.

Productive, energized work environment

I loved working with so many people from such various backgrounds. The only negative about my job is that it ended! I loved working for the U.S. Census 2020 as a Field Supervisor!

Best job ever.

I only wish this could have been a full time job. I got to meet my neighbors. Had a full support team when issues happened. All jobs should be like this

Interesting variations of the end result and how to attain them. I actually had fun doing this job.

This was a very fun position to be involved with. The variety of situations was eminence. Different locations, different people, different situations all created a unique opportunity for work. I would do it again and now know better and faster ways to get the job done. The support staff was amazing. This was the most fun of the last couple of years.

The Bureau of Prisons needs to get in the 21st century

The BOP does not have flexibility when it comes to working environment outside the prison environment . They do not appreciate their non law enforcement staff.

Great company

Great company. No issues. All is well. Apply for various positions that you’re interested in. Read the vacancy clearly and go from there. Great career.

Do not work here!

The most unprofessional environment I have ever worked. Benefits are same as private sector, union does nothing but collect dues from employees. Most larger PODs locations have cockroach and bed bug issues! The pay is low and on a schedule so no one works hard. The systems are outdated and everything has multiple paper forms to deal with. It is a nightmare, unless you’re a Vet. They can nap and not get in trouble. Very sad

Learning while working is all that can be said.

Data entry is a educational experince. Especially when correcting text by equation...It opens your eyes to reqognizing mistakes....and the true way to correct.Great job......

Pros

Work and learn.

Cons

Lot of keyboarding involved. Be ready to remain seated for a good part of your shift.

Poor management and morale

So mired in processes hard to do actual work. Very poor treatment of customers. And little concern for employees. Looking forward to leaving as soon as possible.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poor management Bad morale

The value of input from all staff members.

Supportive of a care team approach. Values input from all team members. Evidenced-based practice is strongly encouraged and promoted. Staff members work well together.

Pros

Great benefits. Encourages participation inconferences.

Cons

Not cafeteria for night shift staff.

Average

Better than others and respectful bosses. typical day was 9am to 5pm. The job was okay but some of my cowokers weren't working as hard as others and we all were treated the same

Pros

na

Cons

na

Do your job and nothing will bother you.

You easy, do as your told and do a good job. There are great people and bad people. You just have to weed and wade through all the junk and do your job. Easy as that.

Pros

Free lunch bedding and roof over your head

Cons

Can be good ole boy system, just do your best

Na

Can't really publish publicly what I doFree lunches, catering sometimes, long hours, political appointees, lots of traveling..That's government work for you

Do As I Say, Not As I Do…

Poorly trained civilian management. Massive taxpayer waste. Policies and procedures are fluid. If you have no conscience at all, you should fit right in. Take the taxpayer money and run.

Pros

Above average salary

Cons

Poor working conditions

Great Temp Job

Did the 2020 census. It was easy and they gave us all the equipment needed. Pay was very good and hours were flexible. Covid started and stopped us from working.

Pros

The pay and hours

Cons

Covid

Stable

The most that can be said about this place is that it is a stable job. Often staff are treated as inmates and there is little respect from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Government.
Powered byComparably