U.S. Government

U.S. Government Employee Reviews

U.S. Government insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Good job

Good place to work. Job responsibility is reasonable. This job gives satisfaction in pride, accomplishment and financial compensation. Good benefit for retirement.

Great Temp Job

Did the 2020 census. It was easy and they gave us all the equipment needed. Pay was very good and hours were flexible. Covid started and stopped us from working.

Pros

The pay and hours

Cons

Covid

Stable

The most that can be said about this place is that it is a stable job. Often staff are treated as inmates and there is little respect from upper management.

Public workplace

This work place has an extensive training that everyone goes through if you are a contact representative. This is a hard position that you need to make sure you research. Altogether this workplace is a good place for advancement and a good work/life balance.

Low pay, men dominates, & politic play for your job advancement.

A lot of workers don’t care about their job or helping people/veterans, as they are just there to collect that pay check. If you are a hard worker that likes to go above & beyond, help people/veterans, do work your entire shift (minus breaks), you are gonna have push back from others, difficult time within your work unit, most likely get bullied/harassed because of this ( because you just doing your job makes the other people in your department look bad, even though you’re not meaning to do so, because they aren’t there to work & go above & beyond, so be prepared!! Pay level is lower than civilian sector for the same job but as a Veteran myself I wanted to help other veterans & you can also continue to add years into your military retirement when working for the government. Your medical appointments you can schedule where you work & save yourself having to take time off work to go. You will get extra leave time off for being prior military & get extra PTO hours per pay period. You are also supposed to get hiring preferences for just being prior military & up to an extra 10 point preference above all other applicants if you are 30% disabled or more. You’ll also get every single Federal Holiday off.

Pros

Extra PTO, add to your military retirement, go to your medical appt. where you work, get every Federal holiday off.

Cons

Workers only there for $$, politics, men dominated, bullying/harassment.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

well instructed and furnished with proper equipment

census was a challenging job. has a great supervisor who was available to help in any and all situations. was great training system to help with all situations that were to come in in completing the job requirements.

Pros

lots of specialized trainin.

Cons

some problem contacting leaders due to no service on provided equipment

It is satisfying

What stands out is you are learning something different everyday,,and that was good. You also feel needed..and you work at a fair pace,and safety is something practiced every day.

Pros

One hour lunch break

Cons

Benefits.

Constant state of flux.

Due to Covid things changed on a daily basis. I was hired as a recruiter but my position and duties changed. We had to adapt because the Census had to be taken.

Pros

I learned how to use an ipad and iphone.

Cons

Lack of Internet tech support in a timely manner.

It was an experience worth taking

The United States Coastguard has unrivaled benefits from anything you could ever get in the civilian world, and the opportunity is huge. I highly recommend joining one of the branches, however try your best to study and work out prior to bootcamp.

Pros

Bah, Paid Food, Healthcare, Insurance Discounts

Cons

Away From Home, Stressful

Pay, Benefits, time off

Great career choice if under management who puts success of team above themselves. Terrible management at current job; must be willing to move out of state to advance in many instances.

Pros

Holidays, weekends off, no degree required for some positions

Cons

Terrible management of personnel, lack of resources to complete work

The Best

Very inclusive, learn new things and have new challenges, lots of promotional opportunities, good pay and benefits, flexible schedules, meaningful work, professional staff and management

Govt job

There are tremendous opportunities to learn if you play your cards right. But you are surrounded by people who would but be able to get a job anywhere else. They are not stupid by any means but use their intelligence in very negative destructive ways instead of truly working the mission. It’s really sad. Learned a lot but ultimately glad I got out

Pros

Learning opportunities can be fantastic

Cons

Poor quality management, low quality employees, no accountability

Productive, working with others that are honest

Working with honest, hardworking people who care about our residents, we put them first and listen to their concerns. We as a board follow through on what is asked of us from our residents!

Cons

Not enough money for our roads

Your all on your own, set your schedule, you decide how long you want to work, great pay

Great Company, pays good, You decide your own hours, U R your own boss, team players, We decide our lunch and breaks, provided with brief bag, Fun job

Pros

We set our own schedule, we decide how long we're working, GREAT pay with O.T if wanted, Always have help

Cons

Get lost, yelled at by customers, all driving, awful when techs can't fix our device

Great opportunity to work in community while helping our state and federal government.

Great opportunity, fulfilling, fun, ability to be out in the communities throughout the county, performing vital work for our state. Ability to help others who didnt understand process or intimidated by it. Communicated with local community leaders to help with registrations in their towns.

Pros

In depth training both in person and online. Responsive management. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Disorganized and completely chaotic hiring processes. Gaps in communication.

Good Pay and Benefits

My compensation is fair for the job description. I also have flexibility in my work location and schedule. The benefits are great and provide well for my family.

Productive and fun place to work.

My typical day at work was not too much work to be stressful but was constant enough to stay busy not to be bored. Was happy with my job assignments. I worked with Missile Defense and space programs in the engineering departments most all of my government tenure with a variety of interesting and exciting clerical functions. I worked in an environment with a variety of interesting cultures who worked together as great team members. Didn't really have a hard part of a job because most all of my assignments were quite enjoyable. Working with the government was a secure and comfortable experience. I actually loved and miss my job.

Pros

Training courses and being able to travel some for the courses.

Cons

Well , haven't worked there before but I hope it will be soil and sand

It is good to work with passion so that you will stand the test of time and trials, nothing is easy neither is there anything full of advantage , believing that you are the hero people expect helps you to be more motivated in serving humanity.cheers

Great support from mgment and plenty of opportunities

I was thoroughly supported by my local manager and given proper tools to accomplish all of my goals. Anytime l had any questions, my mgr made sure to answer all.

Pros

Pay was excellent; OT on Sundays

Cons

Temp work; no health benefits

Enumerator

The job was straight-forward. I appreciated the autonomy and flexibility of the schedule. There was no opportunity for upward mobility. I would have appreciated an opportunity to talk about another position with my manager.

Pros

Paid training, freedom to create your own schedule, pay is good

Cons

No opportunities for upward movement

Average workplace

Good place to get experience but not make a career in it. Salary is good, but the financial work gets repetitive fast. Waiting on Congress to pass a budget makes life challenging at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss