U.S. Government Employee Reviews

Ambiente lavorativo tranquillo
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, NJ, USAAugust 19, 2019
Ho fatto uno scambio culturale di due anni in una famiglia americana in cui mi prendevo cura dei loro bambini. Lo stipendio potrebbe essere più alto, ma tutto sommato l'esperienza è positiva. L'agenzia che mi ha sponsorizzato è sempre disponibile ad aiutarti.
Overworked and understaffed
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2019
I'm proud to serve as a government employee and looking for the best opportunity for myself and my family.

Working for the government as a Soldier and Civilian has been a rewarding experience.
A true learning experience.
Boot Camp (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 27, 2019
Boot Camp was the biggest challenge of my life, and I unfortunately didn't make the cut. However, fellow drill instructors will teach many core skills and values that you will carry you're entire life. Even though I am not with them anymore they taught me and my fellow recruits how to work well in any situation and how to work together to reach a greater goal. It's an experience I will never forget.
Tile fixer professional work
Tile Installer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 24, 2019
Tile fixer professional work
I started working in 2015. I went to work on different plates. I have seen that many different things have different reasons. One way to solve all these tasks I learned
A good employer
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJuly 12, 2019
I worked for the US Federal Government as an electrician for 6 years on existing facilities. Typical work included demolition of old AC equipment, installation of replacement light fixtures, troubleshooting of all types of electrical problems, repair of appliances, and listening to the complaints of various staff.
Pros
Free lunches. Camaraderie with other workers. Expansion of skillset.
Cons
Early starting time.
well I enjoyed working for the us gov.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 11, 2019
the us gov. job was very good when you have nice people to work around as you know I dont care where you work it always going to be some or sombody that are not going to like you I guest thats a part of life.
Great job, great benifits, hard work, but well worth it.
Cleark, mail carrier US postal service (Former Employee) –  South Easton, MAJuly 1, 2019
As a people oriented person, I found my employment working for the postal service a great experience. As in any job, there were challenges, as well as many wonderful benefits, and great interactions with customers. After 30 years on the job, decided my time to enjoy life had come. I now find myself wanting to be busy once again.
Proud to serve the US Government.
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 1, 2019
I learn something new every day from experienced professionals who are experts in their field. It is truly rewarding to be able to continue to serve the Government even after I've ended my active service to the Marine Corps. Specifically, it's an honor to serve the Marine Corps still.
Good job.
Federal Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2019
I enjoyed my time with the government but I found it extremely stressful and the hours were not conducive to a good family life. My family fell apart which ended in divorce. I was left with two young teenage sons which I had no time to supervise because I was busy supervising felons. I soon found my sons were my priority so I had to leave and do something else.
Great Place to work
Deputy Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2019
Professional atmosphere. Caring superiors. Overall great place to work & advance. Trained well. Not just a number with them, you are a person that they care about.
Fast paced competitive work environment
Navy (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2019
Love the place but time to move on. Had an amazing experience onboard an aircraft carrier. I was able to meet and build solid relationships with outstanding individuals. Learned a ton and improved myself in every possible way.
Wonderful workplace to serve the public
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MDJune 13, 2019
Working in the public sector is amazing. My daily routine is filled with opportunities to serve the public interest. Making sure the right check goes to the right person for the right amount.
My summary
Veterans Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 3, 2019
I enjoyed working here via helping veterans, and a typical day began at 6:00 a.m. and ended at 2:00 p.m.

The culture overall was great. I did not experience a difficult part of the job.
Pros
The hours...
Productive and satisfying
Medical Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAMay 27, 2019
I enjoy satisfying customer's needs and ensuring that they are taken care of properly. My management is very responsive to any needs of the organization.
Quality Assurance Specialist
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 25, 2019
I work at a non government office site. Good Benefits poor supervisor and management as well as constantly being micro managed culture is not friendly to outsiders very low diversity look before you leap and do your homework first not all offices are like mine. Depending on agency and location
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Poor management
Job review
Wildlife science technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMay 24, 2019
I loved my job, but my employer didn't work very hard to keep me. I was one of the better employees there. I was loyal in every way, but felt like new management just wanted to get rid of me.
Military Standards and a way of Life!
US Army (Former Employee) –  Ft. Dix, NJMay 22, 2019
A typical day starts very early on or about 5:30am and ending on or about 6pm. Sometime depending on our commanders intent, hours will be extended to achieve task at hand & requirements.

What I have learned in the Army is when you start a job, you do it proficiently till it is completed, there is no half jobs allowed.

Our command structure is very strict but very flexible to an understanding with advance notice of a particular problem, all problems must be addressed accordingly to achieve best results & completion of any job or task.

The work place culture was always great when you know the fellow soldier is very well skilled and proficient in his work yet the hardest part is when there aren't enough soldiers due to the amount of jobs needed to be completed and are spread thin to meet dead line. It's a norm but always find a way because of great leadership whom take the job into their own hands and guide soldiers effectively.

The most enjoyable part is knowing you are well taken cared for and most of all, all soldiers are great brothers & sisters whom rely on one another to get anything done at all cost. TEAM work, never alone and nothing less.
Pros
All bennefits and time off within reason and Flexible. Meet great people, work in differnet areas of the world, see thing you'd thought you never see and experience worldly conflicts.
Cons
just the adjustment to the long hours but becomes a norm once you get a hang of it.
Great Employees
Supervisory Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMay 14, 2019
I thouroughly enjoy working at this job. The employees who work for me are top rate and deserve all the praise I can give them. They make it easier everyday to keep coming to work.
Pros
Employees that work in Civil Service and Contractors.
Cons
Management and no upward mobility.
Stable and Great Benefits
Human Resources (Payroll Technician), GS-6 (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 10, 2019
The most enjoyable part of this position is the opportunity to advance and create a program to make the current one better. The retirement is the best around similar businesses and there are different opportunities to pursue.
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Pay
It was good
Corporal of Marines (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 6, 2019
I enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps but could not see myself doing more than four years. I enjoyed the responsibility of being an NCO. I gained a lot of positive skills in those four years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Government. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss