U.S. Government

U.S. Government Employee Reviews

United States672 reviews

censusfederalmilitaryagencyretirementunitedsecuritysoldier

Good job

Good place to work. Job responsibility is reasonable. This job gives satisfaction in pride, accomplishment and financial compensation. Good benefit for retirement.

Overall, a good place to work

I spent a career in the Feds and found most of it rewarding. There were times it was difficult, but that's like any job. However, looking back I was well paid and retired with excellent benefits.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Management, changing policies with each new political appointee.

U.S. Government insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Challenging and rewarding Project

This was a temporary job with challenges due to covid, but I really enjoyed it and would love to do it again. I enjoyed the travel, the team leader and working with a deadline.

Good temporary job

As census is only done every few years, pay was great and payment with mileage also. A little disorganised as everyone is only here for a few months.

What is the best part of working at the company?Training for everything.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?New and improved unnecessary changes in forms and templates.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Interesting I worked from home so accommodating my environment was great.

Challenging. High Energy. Success Driven environment

Excitement, rewarding, patriotic, success driven , fantastic Work ethic. Team environment Everyone focused on the mission and the purpose of the organization. Great Leadership in the upper levels of the Organization Lots of support for me as Director/ Manager and my teams of people I managed

Pros

Recognition, Sense of self worth. Team work

Cons

Long hours. Highly intense atmosphere

Benefits

If you want good medical dental and good retirement benefits, working for our Uncle Sam isnt bad. I completed 32 years. The drawback will be time with family and some syress depending on your job.

Workplace Goals

Workplace goals are outlined. Pay is good, as well as time off. Turn over is not that bad; however, some people need to retire. College is a need, and some agency offer pay for it.

Great benefits

Great retirement benefits and paid time off. Most agencies are telework friendly. Good work life balance. The pay is decent considering the hours worked.

Not a bad place to work as long as you part of the group think.

Working for the government has many upsides but there are people (just as there are everywhere) that make it miserable for everyone. A supervisor that has no sense of direction, forgets assigned tasks and then punishes you for working on them, and a general sense that if there is some way to hurt you, they will. While the work had potential to be exciting, no one on my team had any idea what could be done and expressed very little interest in the work I was tasked to do, save for a few good ones. Unfortunately, those people are far outnumbered by those who are lifers in the organization and if you threaten their snse of security, will proactively work to make it hard for you.

Good compensation

I enjoyed being able to work when it was convenient for me. The pay was a very fair pay rate with differential for OT and night rate. If given a chance, I would enjoy a government job.

Great benefits

-Great benefits -Work life balance mostly supportive-Workload can be overwhelming -Close net family culture in each individual organizational group -Many opportunities that address advancement in the organization.

good benefits, retirement

The best part about working for the government is that there are so many opportunities to learn new facets of the business. There are multiple opportunities for experiential growth as well as traditional classroom learning opportunities. If you are serious about your career as a government employees, there are positions that you will find to meet your career goals.

Overall great career

Retirement pension is better than most people get. The work is satisfying and minimal stress. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and increase salary.

Productive and rewarding

Great place to work! Your department coworkers feel like family. The benefits and compensation are awesome and you get to help people in need. I don't know why anyone would leave.

job security

It was interesting to be in the national news every day. It was not a high-stress job. Navigating to get promotions was easy. Most difficult was getting promoted because it was based on who you know not what you know.

Worked at a school cafeteria

Very full, got to meet people and learned how to be quick on my feet. Very repetitive job didn’t really get to move around a lot. Very understaffed and ended up doing another job I wasn’t taught.

Pros

Get to sit

Cons

No lunch break

I love my job

The government offers job security in advancement no dress code at ssa , the pay definitely can be better the starting pay sucks but they will push you forward and help you move up and around

Pros

A big raise every yr when u move up a grade

Cons

Starting pay sucks

Overall Experience In The Military

USA! It is really what you make it. The resources are there to help you accomplish whatever it is that you desire to accomplish. You just have to stay focused and stay fit. Really not a bad bid.

Fun and Productive

Fun and Productive place to work. Great hours, great pay, it's a fabulous place to work. No overtime, work from home for the past 2 years. what else can I say.

Pros

good pay

Cons

work from home

Great Place to Work

I've enjoyed my time working with the DCSA. They provided me many opportunities to move ahead and continue various duties outside of my typical day-to-day duties.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Government. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Government.
Powered byComparably