U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 20,909 reviews matching the search See all 21,818 reviews
Great opportunities to learn and work with some of the most elite operators in the US Military
Scout Sniper Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 18, 2018
The Marine Corps gave me a sense of pride and honor for the duration I was Active. During my time I attended a variety of Sniper, Combat hunter, Survival, Close Quarters and Urban Warfare, And also Foreign Weapons Expert training. I deployed twice which gave me an immense opportunity to operate in real life situations, and also cross train and work with Allied Foreign Military’s Around the world.
Pros
Pto, incredible advancement opportunities as well as incentives in all aspect of daily life
Cons
Long unpredictable work hours, countless days, weeks and months away from loved ones.
Its a great place to start if you need direction
WORK CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2018
Military is military and some things have to get done whether we like it or not. That means in early and out late. A lot of change in plans and being able to adapt to certain circumstances on the fly. But if you have absolutely no idea what to do with your life, you won't regret joining. It help me find my love for engineering. Its a great place to start as long as you're willing to put in the hard work, discipline, and fortitude.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
great place to learn how to be a leader
LAV Crewman (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 17, 2018
a typical day at work would be wake up at four a.m. and run three to for miles than work on LAVS until around six p.m. . I learn how to use tools and lead and train men on how to work on the LAVs. The work culture was if your not doing something productive your in the wrong and stay busy also have respect for others. The hardest part of the job was not having all the tools for the job and still got to do it and finishing the job for the day.
Pros
built great habbits
Cons
could die
Good overall
Military Police Officer/Anti-Terrorism Officer (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VADecember 17, 2018
A typical day at work was fairly managed and enjoyable to do. I have learned a great deal about Military Police, surveillance, community policing, etc.
Stressful work environment but work culture is amazing.
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  HawaiiDecember 17, 2018
A typical work day in the Marine Corps. starts at 4:30 in the morning, which consists of physical training until it is time to go to work until you let go by your higher-ups.
Pros
free room and board and food
Cons
treatment is harsh
Great Experience
Electrician Journeyman (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 17, 2018
There are a lot of long days and nights, competitive ranking structure, deployments have a love and hate relationship. I will miss serving our country.
Great Organization!
Technician (Former Employee) –  MCAS Cherry Point, NCDecember 17, 2018
Great organization to be a part of. I learned a lot from the various opportunities and individuals that I've either worked for or worked for me. I have no regrets!
Usmc
Maintenance Floor Chief (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 17, 2018
Terrible leadership
nobody cares about each other
work 10-14 hours a day at barely survivable income
no overtime
#1 most stressful job in the U.S
if you want to stay, you can stay for most people unless other circumstances disqualify you.
full benefits
Work Environment
Management/Program Analyst/Project Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 17, 2018
The work environment was challenging and demanding. At the end of the day you knew you had made a difference.

The hardest part of the job was getting support from the supervisor.

The most important part of the job was providing support for a great group of Marine.
Pros
The work was challenging.
Cons
I did not think my supervisor appreciated or supported us.
First Four Years
Cpl (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 17, 2018
Expect to clean quite often the first two years; after that expect to manage quite often. Career opportunities are awesome. I was able to get my associates while I was in. Vacation days are really fair.
I was deployed overseas in Iwakuni Japan. They were not found of locals.
Greateds experience in my life
Company Gunnery Sergeant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 17, 2018
Joined the US Marine Corps after High School and stayed until I retired after 23 years. I had the opportunity to travel the world and went to war for my country 3 times.
Pros
Pride
Cons
Deployments away from family
Great
LST Avionics Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2018
Life changing. Environment would constantly change whiich made the encounters even more challengin as you would have to learn on the fly and become more competent as an overall maintainer.
Excellent job with benefits and the ability to go to interesting places
Senior Supply Chain Manager and Inspector (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 17, 2018
Extremely fast paced job with plenty of leadership training and mentorship. Sometimes long hours and arduous work loads but an amazing sense of pride and duty to country.
Pros
Promotions if one excels
Cons
long hours and time away from family
Fulfilling
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 16, 2018
Very good place to work, great people. It is an honor to serve your country and be apart of the worlds greatest fighting force ever seen. I recommend it to anyone seeking to better themselves.
Pros
proud establishment
Cons
very little social life
Awesome work place
United States Marine Corps (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 16, 2018
U.s marines loved it got to travel military paid for it......got to see things most people wouldnt want to see got see things people wanted to see got to meet the president
Pros
Brotherhood
Cons
War
The people to your right and left make it enjoyable.
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIDecember 16, 2018
I served four years honorably in the United States Marine Corps infantry. My unit was first battalion, third marine division. While serving, I deployed twice to Iraq. On my second deployment I led squad and platoon operations for varying missions based on ever changing objectives. It was the best and worst time of my life.
Pros
Friends for life
Cons
Poor management
The best organization that I have ever worked for.
Operations Chief (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 15, 2018
I absolutly loved the United States Marine Corps. My wife on the other hand would disagree as I was constantly deployed and she had to raise our children in my absence more than she would have liked too. I miss working for the USMC & the total Loyalty and Honesty of the coworkers. We had a very tight bond for each other.
Pros
Team work, Band of Brothers
Cons
Constant Deployments to Hostile Locations away from Family
Summary of the Marine Security Guard Program
Marine Corps Embassy Security Guard (MOS 8156) (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VADecember 15, 2018
The Marine Security Guard Program is geared more towards single Marines than those in relationships or planning to marry. A Marine who is intending on marrying but is placed onto the program must wait until he/she successfully completes the program before being able to be married. To successfully complete the program, a Marine must serve a minimum of two years on the program.
Machine Gunner (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 15, 2018
No theres nothing good to say so I don’t want to say anything. Anyone who stays in is too thick headed to admit they have no way out. Getting out is a leap of faith but the entire time you are in it is a psychological experience you don’t want to go through.
Cons
Friends are great, just about everything else sucks
Combat Marksmanship Coach (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CADecember 14, 2018
Life in the marine corps isn’t at all easy. Between long work hours, strict rules and regulations and bosses who have no common sense and who treat you like a child. Plus many other things that make life difficult. It isn’t all bad though. The pay isnt too bad, you get some pretty good benefits, and the friends you make become closer then family sometimes
Pros
Good friends, get to stay in shape
Cons
Very stressful, strict rules