U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 21,617 reviews matching the search See all 22,652 reviews
Loved being a Marine
Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 19, 2019
Had an average career in the corps. Got out after 4 yrs as an E4.
in between the wars, no combat for me. Got a lot of life lessons from there. Happy I served.
Forward moving and fast paced
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  MCAS Beaufort, SCMarch 19, 2019
The typical day involves hitting the ground running to process and ship gear. A total of 49 retainable reports are ran to maintain supply effectiveness. We all maintained a strong, focused attitude about our mission at hand and eagerly did our part to support it.
Pros
comradery, sense of hard work and accomplishment
Cons
long hours (at least 10-12)
Two Thumbs Up
Corporal (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 19, 2019
Great management, reasonable hours, never deal with B.S., great medical and dental benefits, amazing pay... I can go on and on with the benefits. I would definitely recommend this job to a friend.
Long and rough
Field Radio Operator (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 19, 2019
Marine Corps is an experience that can't really be described or explained kinda have to experience to understand it. But I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything in the world.
Stressful Work Environment and Competetive
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 19, 2019
The Marine Corps is a very stressful organizations to be apart of and you are always competing with every other Marine. However, it has also provided me with so much knowledge and training to better myself as a worker. The experiences I gained as a Marine have led me to do so many different things and allowed to advance within my unit.
Pros
Free College, Place to Live, Place to Eat, Meet New People, and Travel
Cons
Extremely Overworked and Underpaid
Great opportunity
Sales Associate-NF1 (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VA 22134March 19, 2019
Apart from management, the MCX was a great place to work at. The employees became some of my closest friends. The training was excellent, informative and constructive. Learned how to up-sell merchandise and engage with customers. Flexible with hours (sometimes). Was an amazing opportunity for me and other peers to learn the ins of the retail community and teaches you the importance of the customers.
Oorah
Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIMarch 19, 2019
It will change your life more ways than you can imagine. The Marine Corps will set you up for success after the people you work with have set you up for failure.
United States Marine Corps
Corporal (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 19, 2019
It's not a job, its a lifestyle that is simple not for everyone. But for the ones that make it past the struggle see what it really means to be a Marine and know your making a difference and bettering yourself while bettering your country.
Pros
Earning the title of Marine
Cons
Stress
Professional and constructive work environment
Engineer Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Guaynabo, PR 00969March 19, 2019
The Marine Corps is one of the most elite fighting forces in the world. The Marine Corps' mission is unique among the services. Marines serve on U.S. Navy ships, protect naval bases, guard U.S. embassies, and provide an ever-ready quick strike force to protect U.S. interests anywhere in the world
fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAMarch 19, 2019
the job was really stressful and i was in charge of to much. the people were nice though. i just felt for the work i was doing i was under paid and there wasnt much room for improvement.
Pros
nice people
Cons
bad managment
Be preparred for war at all timed
Corporal (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMarch 19, 2019
As a US Marine your considered a combat ready role at any moment so that keeps you on your feet and prepared. Always know your upper ranks and treat them with the highest respect as they earned it.
Marine Corps
Lance Corporal of Marines (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 19, 2019
The job was great i truly enjoyed my time in the Marine Corps. just want a job ment for me to live my life in. i primarily want to change in my life style.
Past paced.
Special Operations Capabilities Speacliast (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 19, 2019
Past paced work with many job opportunities. Explore all jobs thoroughly before choosing which one. Travel and work are guaranteed. Potentially hard for family life.
Great
Warehouse Clerk (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2019
It’s not for everyone if you aren’t up for the challenge, but if you are, you won’t regret it! It’s not really a job, it’s a lifestyle. Semper Fidelis.
Semper Fi
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 19, 2019
First two years you will hate your life, next two will make up for it. semper fi semper fi semper fi semper fi semper fi

Tun Tavern November 10th 1775
Pros
Uniform/guns/location
Cons
Field for months/ Boots are coddled
Great experience, some of the best people you'll ever meet, some terrible leaders,
Generator Mechanic at United States Marine Corps (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 19, 2019
Usmc was at times the absolute worst when it came to personal freedom. One gets in trouble everyone else pays the consequences. Best choice I ever made though, wouldn't trade it for anything.
Big Risk
Sergeant of the Guard (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 18, 2019
If you have good Leadership above you, then the sky is the limit. If you have bad leadership above you, then insure you do everything you can to keep them happy.
i was in the infantry
LAV Crewman/LCE Instructor (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 18, 2019
I was in the infantry we trained daily on fire and maneuver we also provided maintenance to vehicles we drove in the driver kept the vehicle up to date the gunner kept the gun up to date and the vehicle commander maintained the crew and all its accessories up to date.
Usmc
Engineer Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCMarch 18, 2019
Brotherhood, great atmosphere, always a challenge to face on a daily basis. Betters you in all aspects of your life. Good choice for any young person to try and make a difference.
Great Job with amazing opportunities.
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 18, 2019
I was lucky in my unit and had a pretty steady 8-4 schedule.
I learned a great deal about myself as a professional and personally.
The best part of my job is networking and meeting people that you will never forget.