U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 23,752 reviews matching the search See all 24,899 reviews
Productive and Team leadership
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NCJune 17, 2019
Great place to grow as a person and high level member of society coming from the corp values and leadership skills instilled from day one in recruit training
Pros
travel
Cons
long work hours
Productive and team based work enviroment
Work Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 17, 2019
The US Marine Corps is mission oriented business that makes deadlines and doesn't take no for an answer. The Marine Corp is an institute that takes care of its employees through various programs.
Pros
free lodging, free meals
Cons
healt care, 30 days paid vacation per year
U.S. Marine Corps
E-3 LANCE CORPORAL (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJune 17, 2019
The Marine Corps has a long tradition of training the best at defending the United States from all enemies. They instill strict discipline into each and every Marine.
Military Service
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 17, 2019
My time in the Marine Corps was a great and unique experience. There was challenges, growth, and an amazing group of people to work with. It molded me to become a better person, worker, and leader.
Productive, involved
Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 17, 2019
Great starting point after High School to develop a career if college isn't in your immediate future after High School. Opportunity to travel constantly.
Good work environment
FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCJune 17, 2019
Slow paced. Great leadership. Able to work at own pace with minimum supervision. Report directly to and receives instruction from supervisor. Your opinion is valued.
Productive Work Area
Department of the Navy Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 17, 2019
I learned time management, how to work well with my peers that are different ages and levels of work. The hardest part of the job is to make sure that I did a task on time and thoroughly .
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Internship lasted only for the summer
best job i ever had
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GA 31705June 17, 2019
this was a relaxing job, easy....they showed you what to do made sure you knew how to do it and follow the safety rules and got out of your way. vvery friendly environment and great team work, almost like working with family
Pros
the pay and the no drama professional environment
Cons
it was temporary
Experience of a lifetime
Marine (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 17, 2019
Joined out of High School, brotherhood like none other. If given opportunity to do it all over again I would. You get to experience the world of done right
repetitive
Training coordinator/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 17, 2019
great place to network and meet new people, learning and experience different leadership styles and developments. through day to day operations new tasks arise and are overcame through intelligent thoughts and procedures and strong courses of action taken to achieve them
A decent branch that prepares you for anything
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 17, 2019
During my time in the Marines I learned how to free think and problem solve while setting my self up to take initiative and get things to so I can be reliable in my future endeavors
Pros
Benefits strong comraderie
Cons
No common sense
Hoorah
Hydraulics and Airframes Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCJune 17, 2019
Its the Marine Corps. If you are thinking about joining; do it. You will get the less of everything and suffer more than most--it is worth it (usually)
Pros
Surrounded by professionals
Cons
you will suffer
Life changing
U.S. Marine Sergeant (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 17, 2019
The Marine Corps is a life changing experience with countless possibilities for life and career advancement. Traveled a lot while on active duty and met many different walks of life. Now on the reserve side, a still get to enjoy the corps while still being able to live a civilian life while not in uniform to pursue other aspirations.
Great way to start your life
Aviation Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 17, 2019
I've been in the Marine Corps for 5 years now, it's defiantly a great way to start your life on the right foot especially with a job that you intend to pursue a career in later on in life.
Usmc
Metal worker (Former Employee) –  Camp Leguene N.CJune 16, 2019
I enjoyed my time while I was there. I really hated being away from my family but there was more that had to be done , I worked as a welder fabricator , I ran heavy equipment and did other jobs as well.
Pros
great way to learn life skills
Cons
being away from family
Usmc
Substance Abuse Coordination Officer (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CAJune 16, 2019
The Marine Corps molded me into being strong mentally and physically. It put me through hard time and every time I came out being a better person. All the lessons learned through the Marine Corps have payed off.
Great place to work straight out of highschool.
Military Transport CDL Operator (Former Employee) –  Okinawa, Japan & Camp Pendleton, CaliforniaJune 15, 2019
Teaches you a lot, more than people will ever learn. Stay single in it and you will be less stressed unless you can find the right one. High paced. Full benefits.
Pros
Chow hall, Full benefits
Cons
Short breaks
The Marine Corps
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quantico VirginiaJune 15, 2019
The Marine Corps is what you make of it. You ask some people if they like the Corps they will say no because they only see the negative side of it. They only see the field days and at times childish NCOs. They only treat that way if you give them a reason to. I have absolutely no complaints about my time in. The corps has provided me with great opportunities and people I call family.
Great experience
CBRN Specialist/ Admin Chief (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 15, 2019
Working here was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do, but also the most rewarding experience as well. You have to have your heart in it 100% to be truly successful.
Roudy Marines who will be your best friend or your worst enemy
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2019
Typical day includes waking up at 4:30 am and going on group runs/ physical training then eating chow at the chow hall. You shower and go to work. There are many formations, field days, inspections, rifle ranges, you go through and you make great memories and friends along the way.