U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Found 19,466 reviews matching the search See all 20,283 reviews
Valuable Experience
Rank E-5 (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 20, 2018
The US Marine Corps provided me with an incredible opportunity to grow as a young man. I learned valuable life skills and the job instilled in me discipline, organization, and the value of teamwork.
Join the Military
Landing Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palms, CASeptember 20, 2018
The United States Marine Corps is a great place for anyone who wants to make something out of themselves. The Marine Corps has taught me a lot, and has great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Duty
Life Changing
Aviation Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 20, 2018
Best Experience Ever. Great Environment. Room for advancement only when the correct rules are followed and the right performance is accepted. Had an awesome 11 year run.
Great career
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 20, 2018
There is nothing bad I could ever say about my time in the Marine Corps. I loved every minute and think that any young adult should start their life in the military.
Great
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZSeptember 20, 2018
best decision ever. proud to serve my country. learning different trades and meeting different people.Made my days worth everything. I would tell anyone to join for the experience.
benefits
Cons
n/a
If you want a challenge
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  29 Palms, CASeptember 20, 2018
Sounds silly, but i was bored with daily life and joined on a whim, i depized about half the time spent doing it, but it made me a better, stronger person, in the end, and i got go to okinawa.
Pros
they will make a man out of you
Cons
long hours, government bureaucracy
Not for everyone
Instructor/Curriculum Developer/Academics Chief (Current Employee) –  Newport, RISeptember 20, 2018
The U.S. Marine Corps is a great option for some folks who are uneducated and lacking structure in their life. It is a great way to earn benefits while getting some work experience. It can ruin your life and future opportunity however, if you do not adhere to Marine Corps standards and attitudes.
Benefits
Cons
Schedule
good experience
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 19, 2018
I learned a lot great experience i learned to adapt to all conditions and overcome even the most strenuous of situations. I also learned to effectively work with a team of people you don't even know.
Pros
fun
Cons
hard
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong tables
Expeditionary Airfield Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 19, 2018
Pay and leave is the same across corresponding ranks or pay grades. Fortunately future employers understand how difficult jobs in this company are and seem to prefer to hire veterans as a result.
The USMC is competetive, stressfull, and a wonderful learning environment.
ALIMS (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The days were fast paced and stressful. I am still in the process of learning vital leadership skills. My particular MOS has to do with Network IT and support. Every day in the USMC is a new challenge. The shared comradery amongst every Marine is without a doubt the most enjoyable part of the job.
Was glad to have experienced it, but never again
CH-46E Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 19, 2018
Its a brutal life style, and very demanding. Get to see some cool places, and travel to foreign countries, but I would not ever reconsider going back to it.
The marines gave me a great way to start
Aviation Electronics Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 19, 2018
The Marines was enjoyable at times, and some times it wasn't. Actually do my job and working with radios and fixing them was the best part of my job. Hikes were the hardest part, no doubt. The leadership in the Marines was normally pretty good. I learned quite a bit while I was in. I did a BEC (Basic Electronics Course) and then a follow on course for the actually radio systems I worked on.
Pros
consistent payment, benefits, teamwork
Cons
a lot of down time, some of the leadership
Awesome
Herbalife Club Owner (Former Employee) –  Yigo, GUSeptember 18, 2018
Physical Training was mentally challenging. Got to see a lot of the European countries on Uncle Sam's dime. The Marines is an awesome branch of service to enlist in.
Challenging
Logistics Operations Chief (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CASeptember 18, 2018
Joined the Marine Corps in 1989 and will retire afetr 30 years in our beloved Corps. Be prepared for the challenge of your life if you make it past boot camp. The Marine Corps can be very rewarding for those that give their all in everything they do both at work and required annual training.
Pros
Travel, Esprit de corps, training opportunities, growth potential, pay and benefits
Cons
Time away from family and friends
Military Service
CORPORAL (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 18, 2018
Its the Marine Corps. I served. It was great. Met people. Went places. Had good times. Had bad times. Got in. Got out. Miss the people. Dont miss the desert.
a brotherhood you will never forget
Crew Chief and Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 18, 2018
it is truly a life experience you will never forget. you will create lifetime bonds with people from all over the country. if you want to be apart of something greater than yourself, this is it.
Brother and siterhood like
Warehouse Chief (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 18, 2018
It was definitely an incredible experience to say the least. There are numerous opportunities to advance in rank so as long as you do what you do at an above average level.
Good people
Usmc warehouse clerk (supply) (Current Employee) –  Twentynine Palms, CASeptember 18, 2018
Bad times made us marines closer the schedules were never set you had to be flexible to either do duty for someone that missed or to go to work when least expected
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Not getting paid good
great
Engineering Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 18, 2018
It was an enjoyable experience being in the Marine Corps and i wear my title of Marine with a bunch of honor and pride. I learned a lot about how to be a very well balanced leader and how to take care of those under my charge and care.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
MRE's
Fun place to work
Supply Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
I truly appreciate the things i learned in the corp .It helped me as the man iam today i would be the strong going individual now if it wasnt for the corp
Pros
Free lunch early time off
Cons
Weekend duty