U.S. Marine Corps logo
U.S. Marine Corps
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100Above average

U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 81 reviews matching the searchSee all 27,505 reviews

Marine Corps

It's a brotherhood and you take it as you will. Life is good at times but stressful at others. It really depends on your unit and your leadership that you have that makes or breaks your career.

Meaningful work for the ones who protect us

Working at the Marine Corps Exchange was a privilege. The staff was the most diverse group of people I have ever worked with in my life! Most were very kind, genuine, hard working people. Upper management could be a problem at times. It doesn't matter if we're talking about the public or private sector, if you have a bad manager that has been at the facility for years, it can seriously damage the morale of others. What do you do when you have someone with decades of experience, but makes other people, including vendors feel worthless? If it wasn't for her and the lack of pay raises, I would have retired from that job because I loved it so much.

Pros

Very diverse, great employees, granted shopping privileges, good prices, no taxes, flex scheduling, location, superior benefits

Cons

Only upper management (NF 4 & higher) are granted every federal holiday off

Great place to learn

Me days were really busy, I enjoyed giving back and being able to assist in the capacity i did I received several awards while I was there they worked with me with my schedule etc. things came up the people are great management you will find good and bad everywhere I have lifelong memories and lifelong friendships from my time

They are profit orientated

OK Flexible schedule Profit orientated company with an objective of meeting customer sanctification over results. Good location relative to working there.

Daily Production and Morale

Great Company to work for but not compensated for daily task. Many employees have left and work load is full on employees that have had loyalty to the company but many have left because of work loads and management,

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great environment

I would work there again. I did notice at times that it was difficult to move up within the organization. That is why I left, I needed an opportunity to grow as an individual and move up in my career.

Provides a better civilian life than a Military Life.

During my time in the Marine Corps, I became underappreciated and underpaid for the works I provided. The Marine Corps instructed and taught a lot of life skills and will always remain as a part of myself,

Excellent

This Career Field changed my life and made me a better product for the civilian sector. I have grown tremendously with professionalism and pride and am eager to become an asset to my next location of work.

Productive and fun place to work

The opportunity to work along side military was an awesome and humbling experience! The dedication of our military is truely amazing. No two days were ever the same!

Pros

Meeting amazing people

Cons

commute in DC area

Horrifying Workplace Culture

There is an overwhelming culture of complacency. Low standards and lack of ambition is actually rewarded. Passionate employees with high work ethics and drive for results are shunned or run out.

Jobs at U.S. Marine Corps

See more jobs

Excellent Culture

Exceptional leadership, flexible hours, unquestionably the most concentrated group of professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with and for.

First Contractor Job

I wasn't sure what to expect after retiring from the military when I began to consult for First Division with the Marine Corps, however, they welcomed me in with open arms. My most difficult challenge was learning Marine Corps speak.

Pros

Learning another branch of the Armed Forces

Cons

Learning Marine Corps speak

Work Enviorment

Here at Wounded Warrior Battalion I feel as if I am part of a family. Everyone make sure that the everyone, no matter what title or billet, is taken care of and treated with the proper respect. My mentors go above and beyond then what they are suppose to do to make sure everything is in order and that I am set up for success.

Pros

Friendly enviorment

nice time to travel

best thing is the people you meet the travel, and best of all looking great in uniform. Pending on duty stations and jobs its a great place if not its a bad place for a career.

Pros

meeting people

Cons

not paid what you worth

Best Military Branch

The Marine Corps help shape and define my character as a person and a professional. Entering at the tender age of 19, I truly learned everything about professionalism, customs and courtesies, and to have a great work ethic. By far the best organization I have ever been part of.

Pros

Healthcare, physical requirements, travel, Post 9-11 Bill

Cons

long hours, work-life balance

Hard work

Over all, you'll get treated like a child no matter what age you are. You will get micro managed a lot. In order to make it you'll have to be a yes man or you won't make it far. And what I mean by being a yes man, being an butt kisser. Take the good with the bad and learn from your experience while you are in

Pros

Paid vacation

Cons

Poor management

Productive, Fast Pace, Strict, top-down leadership

I worked with the military for 12 years. It fun at times and work heavy at times. I never was deployed, but helped those who did. I enjoyed helping Military and their families.

Pros

Na

Cons

Na

See below.

Enlisted right after high school. I learned valuable skills in the administrative field which i have incorporated into my civilian career. I proudly served 4 years active duty service.

Productive and structured enviroment with healthy growth potential

The best part about this job was being able to know that what I was doing is beneficial to my buddies on the ground overseas. The camaraderie between everyone made the workplace a healthy one which encouraged others who had ideas to bring them forward to better how we as a whole operated on a day to day basis.

Pros

Amazing work enviroment, forward growth

Marine/Police Officer

Great career for those wishing work in public service. Can be highly stressful and can be demanding both physically and mentally. Has the blessing and curse of interacting with both the best and worst of society.

Pros

Benefits and capacity to serve the greater good.

N/a

The United States Marine Corps has a rigid leadership structure that required promotion and rank for authority over experience. Management positions are dependent on time in service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Marine Corps.
Powered byComparably