U.S. Marine Corps

U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA81 reviews
It's a brotherhood and you take it as you will. Life is good at times but stressful at others. It really depends on your unit and your leadership that you have that makes or breaks your career.
Working at the Marine Corps Exchange was a privilege. The staff was the most diverse group of people I have ever worked with in my life! Most were very kind, genuine, hard working people. Upper management could be a problem at times. It doesn't matter if we're talking about the public or private sector, if you have a bad manager that has been at the facility for years, it can seriously damage the morale of others. What do you do when you have someone with decades of experience, but makes other people, including vendors feel worthless? If it wasn't for her and the lack of pay raises, I would have retired from that job because I loved it so much.
Pros
Very diverse, great employees, granted shopping privileges, good prices, no taxes, flex scheduling, location, superior benefits
Cons
Only upper management (NF 4 & higher) are granted every federal holiday off
Me days were really busy,
I enjoyed giving back and being able to assist in the capacity i did

I received several awards while I was there they worked with me with my schedule etc. things came up the people are great management you will find good and bad everywhere I have lifelong memories and lifelong friendships from my time
OK Flexible schedule Profit orientated company with an objective of meeting customer sanctification over results. Good location relative to working there.
Great Company to work for but not compensated for daily task. Many employees have left and work load is full on employees that have had loyalty to the company but many have left because of work loads and management,
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I would work there again. I did notice at times that it was difficult to move up within the organization. That is why I left, I needed an opportunity to grow as an individual and move up in my career.
During my time in the Marine Corps, I became underappreciated and underpaid for the works I provided. The Marine Corps instructed and taught a lot of life skills and will always remain as a part of myself,
This Career Field changed my life and made me a better product for the civilian sector. I have grown tremendously with professionalism and pride and am eager to become an asset to my next location of work.
The opportunity to work along side military was an awesome and humbling experience! The dedication of our military is truely amazing. No two days were ever the same!
Pros
Meeting amazing people
Cons
commute in DC area
There is an overwhelming culture of complacency. Low standards and lack of ambition is actually rewarded. Passionate employees with high work ethics and drive for results are shunned or run out.
Exceptional leadership, flexible hours, unquestionably the most concentrated group of professionals I have ever had the pleasure to work with and for.
I wasn't sure what to expect after retiring from the military when I began to consult for First Division with the Marine Corps, however, they welcomed me in with open arms. My most difficult challenge was learning Marine Corps speak.
Pros
Learning another branch of the Armed Forces
Cons
Learning Marine Corps speak
Here at Wounded Warrior Battalion I feel as if I am part of a family. Everyone make sure that the everyone, no matter what title or billet, is taken care of and treated with the proper respect. My mentors go above and beyond then what they are suppose to do to make sure everything is in order and that I am set up for success.
Pros
Friendly enviorment
best thing is the people you meet the travel, and best of all looking great in uniform. Pending on duty stations and jobs its a great place if not its a bad place for a career.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
not paid what you worth
The Marine Corps help shape and define my character as a person and a professional. Entering at the tender age of 19, I truly learned everything about professionalism, customs and courtesies, and to have a great work ethic. By far the best organization I have ever been part of.
Pros
Healthcare, physical requirements, travel, Post 9-11 Bill
Cons
long hours, work-life balance
Over all, you'll get treated like a child no matter what age you are. You will get micro managed a lot. In order to make it you'll have to be a yes man or you won't make it far. And what I mean by being a yes man, being an butt kisser.

Take the good with the bad and learn from your experience while you are in
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Poor management
I worked with the military for 12 years. It fun at times and work heavy at times. I never was deployed, but helped those who did. I enjoyed helping Military and their families.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Enlisted right after high school. I learned valuable skills in the administrative field which i have incorporated into my civilian career. I proudly served 4 years active duty service.
The best part about this job was being able to know that what I was doing is beneficial to my buddies on the ground overseas. The camaraderie between everyone made the workplace a healthy one which encouraged others who had ideas to bring them forward to better how we as a whole operated on a day to day basis.
Pros
Amazing work enviroment, forward growth
Great career for those wishing work in public service. Can be highly stressful and can be demanding both physically and mentally. Has the blessing and curse of interacting with both the best and worst of society.
Pros
Benefits and capacity to serve the greater good.
The United States Marine Corps has a rigid leadership structure that required promotion and rank for authority over experience. Management positions are dependent on time in service.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.