U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews for Avionics Technician

Found 284 reviews matching the search See all 22,682 reviews
Stressful but valuable
Avionics Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San DiegoMarch 12, 2019
I served in the Marine Corps for seven years and it taught me valuable life skills. Such skills are reliability, responsibility, integrity. It also gave me the opportunity to learn a valuable trade.
A typical day at work
Avionics Technician Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
A typical day at work consists of showing up at 6:30 am to prep the work center for a day of maintenance by checking test equipment. a meeting at 7:30 to determine what is being done that day. and then the rest of the day is spent conducting maintenance.
Non Stop Work
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Avionics Technician  (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCFebruary 6, 2019
Marine corps help me mature exponentially. Even when presented with lackluster management I was able to thrive. No work and life balance available due to constant deployments and training exercises.
United States Marine Corps
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Any clime and placeJanuary 31, 2019
No one but Marines will understand the Marine Corps. I made the most of my time in and did my best to learn as much as possible. It is not for everyone.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Strain on family life
Exciting and Valuable Experience
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJanuary 29, 2019
Enjoyed my time in the United States Marine Corps and don't regret it. Very stressful at times but overall great people to work with and more importantly great life lessons learned.
Military lifestyle
Avionics Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 23, 2019
Depending on your job, your day to day lifestyle is structured and tailored in order to be very productive. There is always training available to grow and retain. You will have goals and mentors that will help you achieve and surpass those goals. You must balance your personal life and work life to ensure the military comes first. There are many routes to be rewarded such as promotions in rank. You will always lead by training others to learn your job as you advance in the Marine Corps.
Pros
Healthcare, paid vacation, travel
Cons
Deployments
Great
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 21, 2019
A difficult and challenging workplace with an even more difficult and challenging work environment. I loved my job, I love the people I work with. The friends and bonds I have made, along with the job and life experiences I have received, have made every tear wrenching moment worth it. If I could go back and do it again, I would without pause.
Pros
Travel, The brotherhood, Experiences, Constant pay.
Cons
Physical requirements of the body, low pay, not much time for family.
Good times, bad times
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  MCAS Miramar, CAJanuary 21, 2019
I'm glad I did it, but I don't miss it. I learned a very good trade, and was given a large amount of responsibility from a young age, which has translated positively into my professional life.
Productive workplace with very competitive Marines
Avionics Technician / Work Center Supervisor / CDI (Current Employee) –  MCAS Miramar, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Learned to be an effective leader and how to lead from the front. Being a avionics technician for the F/A-18 B/C/D was challenging and fun because everyday was different then the previous.
Pros
30 days paid vacation
Cons
Medical doesn’t take you seriously
Usmc
Avionics Electronics Technician, Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJanuary 16, 2019
Provides ample opportunity to put yourself in a position of financial fortitude, and supplies you all the benefits you could possibly need for pushing into the future.
benefits
Cons
high stress if you are prone to.
usmc
U/AH-1 Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Only join if you want to serve your country. Its not for weak spirited or relaxed individuals. Be prepared to face your toughest challenges with decent reward.
Pros
free lunches
Good competitive nature and a brotherhood
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Iwakuni JapanJanuary 8, 2019
I had a great time in the Marines now I want to move on to bigger things and be with my family. I met many men and women that I will never forget they are friends for the rest of my life.
Marine Corps Summary
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 3, 2019
Any military branch is a great experience, but Marines are known to be the best of the best. Great opportunity to learn many different trades and skills
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Growth, maturity, and responsibility
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92145December 29, 2018
The direction you receive here is second to none. A lot of people have made better lives for themselves and their family because of the opportunity they were afforded and by taking advantage of all the Marine Corps has to offer.
Pros
Stability, growth, and networking.
Cons
Distance from family, becomes political, and there isnt much room for inovation.
Competitive with low management skill
Harrier Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCDecember 20, 2018
Depending on the unit the management is horrible, but the jobs themselves are great and the places to go are abundant. Great benefits and the family you get sticks with you for life.
Great experience
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2018
Enlisting in the military is a great way to start a career and learn and meet many different individuals. Some of my best friends were met while serving in the military.
Very interesting
Avionics Technician (Current Employee) –  Camp PendletonNovember 1, 2018
The Marine Corps is very different from all the other military branches. As a Marine one learns to be a productive member of society and becomes highly disciplined.
It's the Marine Corps
Avionics Communication/Navigation System Tech (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCOctober 29, 2018
You will learn how to work hard but do not join if you can't handle pressure or stress very well. If you do get through though you'll have a sense of pride that you'll have for the rest of your life no matter where life takes you.
To stressful
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, NCOctober 29, 2018
Job Is good to grow into a profession an learn responsibility. It will help you grow as a person and also teach you new skills that you though you were never capable of
Not everyone can be a Marine
Avionics Comm/Nav Technician (Former Employee) –  World Wide Service.October 18, 2018
It's been a while since I retired, so any review of my time on active duty is based on memories close to twenty years old.

A typical day at work included time for physical training, time to clean off the awaiting maintenance board, and conducting training (rifle range, pistol range, swim qual, gas chamber, etc).

The hardest part of the job after boot camp is being away from your family for months at a time on deployment. The most satisfying was completing a mission (be it fixing equipment or launching air strikes in support of combat operations).
Pros
Decent medical benefits, opportunities to travel, educational benefits, varying duties and duty stations.
Cons
Time away from the family.