U.S. Marine Corps

United States380 reviews

Found 380 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,021 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

Awesome environment

I loved my time in the US Marine Corps. If I could I would be there now. Best times of my life I had in the Marine Corps.I served from 1982 to 1992.

Pros

Everything, earning the title US Marine is one of the best things in my life.

Cons

No cons, the only bad thing is i'm not on active duty.

U.S. Marine Corps insights

Based on 5,918 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Comradery

Once a Marine, Always a Marine. Marines aren’t born, they are made. It is not for everyone, this is why there are other Branch of Services.Semper Fidelis!

Pros

Life Experience

Cons

None. It is what you make it

That you have to be dedicated and motivated and a never quit additude.

Know what's in store for you before joining. It was definitely hard, but its taught me alot about myself and it instilled discipline in me and I'm definitely proud to say that I joined the Marines and even prouder to say that I am a marine.

Satisfied

The Marine Corps is a great organization, I enjoyed my last four years spent active duty. I highly recommend joining the Marine Corps if you like protecting people and having fun while you’re doing it.

Pros

The Marine Corps has a lot of benefits for active duty Marines

Cons

You don’t get to spend much time with your family

Amazing company

Gives you the ability to travel and the beginning training was more than I could ask for with lodging provided. Best experience of my life. Would recommended 5 out of 5 stars.

A typical day at work consist Morning PT. specifically learning your job depending on you MOS and what opportunities come your way also MCI courses are available and needed.

Semper Fi

The Marine corps is a family organization that looks out for its member s and make sure everyone is perfectly situated to do the job and we all learn how to be a family.

Good Orginization To Work with

The Marine Corps helps you get work experience and the ability of going to college for free after. You also get a steady pay check and a ton of experience working with people from all different walks of life.

Working for the Government

It’s not a bad place to be but you have to be confident in everything you do. You can’t do anything halfway you must follow through, we demand perfection and attention to detail.

This job is amazing

Work was stressful but easy to do. Workout every morning and then go to work. Everyone is helpful and looks out. The pay was fair and food is free for military.

Simper Fidelis

I will always be proud to be a marine. My five years in the service was a wonderful experience. I learned many things that I would not have gained without joining.

Perfect place to grow and make something valuable within yourself.

The Marine Corps has given me more resources and opportunities to grow professionally, and even personally. Becoming a Marine has been one of the absolute best decisions I have made in my lifetime.

The Marine Corps

The Marine Corps is what you make of it. You ask some people if they like the Corps they will say no because they only see the negative side of it. They only see the field days and at times childish NCOs. They only treat that way if you give them a reason to. I have absolutely no complaints about my time in. The corps has provided me with great opportunities and people I call family.

Military

I was in the Marine Corps for 4 years with 4 years of the IRR after my four years of active duty was done with. I did not want to re-enlist to do some more time so I desided to get out.

Great benefits

Normal hour work days. Day usually consists of morning PT (Physical Training) or a morning accountability formation, all depends upon work section. Then shower change over (put uniform on) and grab chow (Breakfast). Report into work around 7:30am - 8:00am. Start whatever tasks are assigned to you. Attended weekly briefs with the CO ( Commanding Officer) on whatever he is looking to achieve goal wise. Usually go home once mission is accomplished or whatever task you are assigned is complete.

Pros

Tricare

Cons

Competitive

Marine Corps

My favorite thing about the Marine Corps is the ability to rank up and advance based on performance. What you put on is what you get out. The possibilities are endless.

Marine Corps

Best Job and career I have ever had. i retired and did not want to. It provides stability and discipline . Looking for a good way of life perfect job for anyone.

Competitive

If you want to grow within the Marine Corps, you have to better yourself each day. There is no rest, if you want to achieve your goal. Be competitive and give a helping hand to a fellow Marine not only physically but mentally.

Marine Corps

my time in the Corps was well used. a huge learning curve with everything you can imagine, from combat skills to being professional in the real world. I do recommend this to those that are looking for a constant paycheck but a non-stop work flow

Amazing people doing amazing things

If you want to learn how to be an excellent leader that will always lead from the front! Join the United States Marine Corps. I would do it again and again in a heartbeat! Semper Fi!

Pros

Respect

Cons

Lack of sleep

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight