U.S. Marine Corps

Air Traffic Controller75 reviews
United States75 reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,021 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

Where anti-patriots go to die for international bankers

The steady decline of American culture and politics is a good reason not to join the military. You serve tyrants running a corporatocracy, filling their pockets through the dysfunctional efforts of an overly diverse, degenerate, and weak armed force that is more concerned with inclusivity training than anything else. Leadership doesn't care about you and they have no morals or backbone. You work under Yes-Men who will follow any and all orders from above. "I know it sucks, but we gotta do it" is a typical limp-wristed response from leadership for the sh** you have to deal with. If you want to serve your nation, the military is not the way to do it.

U.S. Marine Corps insights

Based on 5,918 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

A lot of expectations but a family to help you through it.

The Marine Corps provided a lot of opportunity for growth in many aspects. You face many challenges but have your brothers and sisters there to help you.

High Stress Environment, Highly Rewarding

Being a Marine is considered a 24/7 job, compound that with the day to day operations of Air Traffic Control and one ends up with a highly stressful, yet highly rewarding lifestyle. The amount of pride and accomplishment I carry from having been in a career path that very few others could do is immeasurable.

Pros

Worked in aviation, mandatory holidays, room and board provided

Cons

No breaks, on-call on weekends, stress with no stress management, shifts changed weekly

Join the Air Force

If you're thinking about joining the Marine Corps, see if the Navy or Air Force offer the same MOS. If they do, join them. You're expected to sacrifice quality of life and pay in exchange for "espirit de corps". In other words, pride in being a Marine is supposed to be worth more than any benefits or monetary compensation.

Pros

Free training, Benefits

Cons

No work/life balance, Low pay

Instills strong work ethic and pride in work

The U.S Marine Corps was a wonderful organization to work for. They taught the importance of hard work and pride in ones own workmanship. Despite usually have specific sets of instructions, there was much room for individual critical decision making throughout a regular work day. The culture was always one of teamwork. The hardest part of this job was constantly being on the clock, their was little time to balance work life and personal life. The most enjoyable however was the amount of camaraderie found in the work place. We made sure we always completed our mission.

Pros

Little supervision, trust in employees, pride in work

Cons

Short breaks, long hours, mandatory non-job related events

its the military

How do you rate the Marine corps. They do what they are designed to do. You go where you are told. You do what you are told. During war time you fight who you are told. And if you are very lucky and the Lord wills it you may come home. If you are really blessed you may come home in one piece.

Pros

serving your country

Cons

you risk your life

Good Job Security

Wake up at 4am. Physical training till 5:30am. Work from 6:30am till 4pm. Trained in Air Traffic Control. Management was harsh and not understanding. Co-Workers were generally disheartening and depressed. Hardest part of job was the hours. Best part of job was security.

Pros

Good Security

Cons

Poor Quality of life.

Overall satisfied

As an Air Traffic Controller, I did not do the typical Marine Corps stereotype job. I learned a lot to help me succeed outside of the Marine Corps that I am appreciative of.

Pros

Security

Cons

Lack of Freedom

Terrible management. You will be underpaid and undervalued.

I would not recommend this branch of service for any reason other than to prove how "hard" you are. All other branches have similar jobs with better pay and training.

Pros

Awesome coworkers

Cons

Terrible management

Stressful place to be

I only know about three individuals who reenlisted. I didn't have a good time. Contract lasted 5 years and I couldn't quit. I felt very alone and separated from even myself.

Pros

Secure pay

Cons

Contracts

Good

This company is a very good company. There is plenty of room to move up and gain rank. With hard work and perseverance you can do alot with this company.

Typical Militiary

It's the military. Both good things and bad, the perspective all depends on yourself and where you're stationed. I did my time, got out and went to school. I'm thankful that they paid for that schooling.

Work load and stress

Due to time constraints and work load we often find high operational tempo and time management to be key components in the company. During forward operation in the Middle East we often worked overtime upwards of 48 hours to insure operational gear and troubleshooting to maintain an operational runway to our clients

All bases are different

Although my time in the marine corps was not inspiring I did enjoy the lessons and challenges it brought my way and would recommend it to people looking for a purpose in their life.

It's hard, but you already knew that.

Wonderful opportunities to grow and develop. Excellent health plan if you like 19 year olds being your primary care manager. Great way to stay in shape at the expense of your joints and back.

Will Promote People Bad at Their Job

You like getting surpassed by people who don't know the first thing about their job? Then join on up. The only redeeming factor about enlisting is the education benefits and the military training if you take it seriously, The people that taught me the most were often stuck at their rank for the longest.

Pros

Comadery, Education Benefits

Cons

Long hours, No recognition for hard work

Not for everyone.

Overall, I can’t recommend the Corps to everyone. You have to want to succeed in order to make the Marine Corps work for you. Having a positive outlook and being strong both mentally and physically will get you far. And yes there will be challenging times, but at the end of the day, you chose to serve and are expected to uphold the standards, customs, and traditions of the Marine Corps, the United States, and the Armed Services.

OooRah

Dynamic atmosphere, team oriented, mission focused, prompt professional, highly trained and skilled group of ferocious, relentless, hard charging war fighters.

The Marine Corps gave me the necessary discipline to be successful in life.

I'm so thankful to have served in the Marines. I received education and training in a field that is very marketable. Air Traffic Controller has many skills that are transferable to a wide variety of jobs in the work force.

Learned a lot

The job was eventful but poorly ran for several reasons. The leadership did not care about employees as well as there were no incentives to stay after a contract ended. the workplace culture was the same as a baby-sitter treats a three year old child.

Pros

housing allowance, food allowance, and a steady paycheck

Cons

everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Marine Corps.
Powered byComparably

Compare U.S. Marine Corps with

Popular locations for Air Traffic Controller in US

Explore similar careers
  • U.S. Marine Corps
  • Air Traffic Controller
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?