U.S. Marine Corps

United States146 reviews

Found 146 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,030 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

Ok

Its a decent thing to do but I wouldnt do it again. You start every day with a formation and PT then you go back to your room get cleaned up and report to work where you work till about 12 then take a either working lunch or an hour. after that if you are lucky you can get off at 1600 but dont count on it they will always find a reason to keep you as long as they can

Pros

Contract

U.S. Marine Corps insights

Based on 5,943 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Productive and busy workplace

A typical day of work involved waking up early in the morning to exercise for an hour, followed by going to work for the most of the day, including a 1-2hr lunch break and receiving every weekend off.

Very professional drug free environment with room to grow.

The Marine Corps is a very professional and prestigious group not everyone can be a marine it takes mental and physical toughness and I was challenged in ways I never had been before.

Competitive work place

Awesome job to have and I was glad to be apart of something as great USMC. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to have a jump start for a career building block!

Pros

Got paid no matter what

Cons

Worked long hours with no over time

It was okay

It is not for the weak by any means. My only advice is to know exactly know what you are getting into or you will be very disappointed. It is not a cake walk.

Great stepping stone, Horribly toxic leadership

My enlistment was rough, it was full of toxic leaders and getting f*cked with every week. Occasionally we had great leaders who made our work lives not so miserable, but leaders change every year or two. the last 3 years of my enlistment were pretty bad because of the leaders appointed above our unit. However in the end it's all worth it, landed me a great job when I started transitioning out and have my own home now. The USMC really sets your priorities straight if you let it.

Good place to learn a good trade

They teach a useful trade and ingrain a work ethic. There are plenty of jobs and opportunities for advancement. They include people from all walks of life.

overall a great experience

a typical day at work can very but it was all overall sucha great experience. the management was fair, an di've learned so many things. adaptability, communication skills and much more! just about everything was hard but that's what made it so enjoyable.

Unique

the Military is different for everybody. Some people join for a career sand others for a stepping stone. The Corp for me was a stepping stone I had nothing and I knew nothing pertaining to a real world experience. The corps helped me and shaped me into the person I am today and gave me the opportunity to do things I’ve never done before and accomplish goals that i set out to achieve.

Pros

Life experiences

Cons

Leadership

Great opportunity to travel, meet people and learn to be a part of a bigger community.

l greatly appreciate the time I spent in the USMC. I learned that being a part of a group was an opportunity to advance as a worker and as a leader. I will take these skills with me for the rest of my life.

Typical day at work

-Prepared for meetings utilizing buffer management time and maintenance reports. -Prioritized jobs according to the importance of completing them. -Supervised electrical maintenance processes from beginning to end to ensure product quality.

Pros

Career Advancement

Cons

Short breaks

very active workplace

i would recomend the marine corps for anyone wanting to better there life for them selves and our country. it instills discipline honor courage and commitment.

Pros

fun

Usmc

Join the United States Marine Corps if you are a hard charging, work loving, leader. Otherwise the Marine Corps may not be the best job selection for you.

Stressful long hours.

Long days Low pay High expectation Poor management Commands play games Job well done is not rewarded Promotions unfair and not based on work Promotions based on how good you look on paper.

Benefits

Cons

Games

Intense and stressful

Very stressed day to day and the work demand is always high and very fast paced. I enjoyed the things I learned as they are very valuable to other employers.

Pros

Paid time off

Cons

Many rules and things to abide by daily

Fun work place

Good life experience with lots of educational benifits with traveling a lot based on mos. The military is not for everyone but for a few it's perfect, just not for me.

Pros

Free medical

Cons

Hard for family

Ywfms

Once a Marine always a Marine. It never goes away and no one can ever take it from you. I served for 5 years and even though i decided to get out when i did i would never change it.

A stepping stone for me to get the experience need to be successful.

The most enjoyable part of being a United State Marine is the impact that I had on others. As well as seeing the people that I trained and mentored get promoted or get awarded for their hard work and dedication.

Great way to get a good start in life

0530 start off work until 430 someday's more or less. How to working with a large variety of people worldwide. Great small unit cohesion. Hardest part mass punishment. Most enjoyable lifelong friendships and great skills to deal with situations throughout life.

Benefits

Cons

Micro Management

A Great Experience

It Is A Great Experience If You Like Something With Career And Traveling Options But Only Do So If You Are Willing To Make The Ultimate Sacrifice For The Country

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare U.S. Marine Corps with

Career recommendations for Electrician

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • U.S. Marine Corps