U.S. Marine Corps

United States158 reviews

Found 158 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,021 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

Excellent Advancement

Great institution for overall Leadership and team-building progression, sense of belonging and family oriented atmosphere. Highly recommended for those looking to give back to their communities and country.

U.S. Marine Corps insights

Based on 5,918 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Marine Corps

The Marine Corps is what you make of it. It can open a multitude of doors but can also tend to shut them just as easily. It teaches you about life, comradery and what it means to belong to something greater than yourself.

Great experience

Enjoy working for the government. You couldn't ask to work with a better group of people. You have a mission to complete, get into work, stay focused and get home to the family.

you run a lot

If you like running and being motivated then this is the job for you. rank structure is very clear. you will never have to worry about who who is because their rank and name is on their collar and chest

Love the Corps

There is good and bad everywhere but I love what I do and I love the Marine Corps. Best advice is to choose a job that you will enjoy doing because the Marine Corps will provide the avenues to advance your skills and education to really excel and prep you for the civilian world.

Best years of my life

Serving in the Marine Corps was possibly the best years of my life. Not all jobs in the military are like the infantry so there are plenty of opportunities to serve your country

Military

It is exactly what it is, no more or less. Do your time and get out, or stay in for the benefits. It's a hole but we deal with it because we have no choice. It was better than being unemployed.

I love my Corps

I served four separate tours in Iraq and I loved every minute of my service. I loved the people and places. I loved going on long deployments and the pay that came along with it.

fullfilling

its the Marine Corps. its hard stressful and you never know when your going to end up in a crazy situation. the benefits are amazing and the sense of pride is invaluable.

Good work environment

Highly recommended place to work. The focus on character, teamwork and dedication to an honorable cause is solid. Physical fitness programs are consistent and help maintain state of readiness in support of the US Defense needs.

Great Culture

The best war fighting organization in the world. This organization has taken me under its wing and turned me into the Marine I am today. 10/10 would reenlist.

Great people and oppurtunity

The Marine Corps has been a wonderful place to work for in the past 12 years. It was an honor to serve and be exposed to all the good, the bad, and the ugly of being an active duty Marine.

Pros

Leadership

Cons

Long deployments

Foundation

Creates a sound foundation of leadership, self worthiness, and job skills to effectively move into the civilian workforce. Provides multiple opportunities for transition that are extremely helpful.

Excellent place to work, great travel and pay

I absolutely enjoy my time in the Corps! I have 9 years broken time with an original entry date of 1988. But, I have reached my 20+ years of service and it is time for me to retire!

Classified

We exercise on a normal basis; exercise our body with PT, our mind with classes once a month, and our ability to quickly and immediately follow orders.

Pros

I get to work under and with the best people in the world.

Cons

I have to drive to New Orleans once a month.

Physical Conditioning and Mental Conditioning

Wake up everyday and work out, go to work and work out mentally. The Marine Corps is the best place to be everyday. There is no better way to say I love my country then by standing tall with the United States Marine Corps, World Finest.

The Best Job I've Ever Had

I could tell you my experience but It's the best and most significant part of my life. You will never make a friend closer than the brothers you make in the Marine Corps.

A complete and encouraging place to start your career.

The Marine Corps has helped me greatly in life, from developing communication and customer service skills, to adapting and overcoming fears and other negative things in the workplace.

Pros

Close knit coworkers

Able to serve my country

Being a Marine enabled me to learn how to be an intelligence analyst, and officer, but also taught me how to become a leader, without the text book classes. It was on the job training how to lead Marines. Everyday was a new experience and besides doing your job, you also had to be a leader.

Pros

Wearing the uniform

Cons

Long deployments

Serice to our Counrty at its finest

Very, high paced challaging job with many advantages. Eduaction and health benefits are remarkable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss