U.S. Marine Corps

United States63 reviews

Found 63 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,030 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

I signed the contract

I worked hard, deployed but after 8.5 years and 4 deployments I do not have any hate in my soul for my Corps. You sign the contract and do your job regardless of the situation.

U.S. Marine Corps insights

Based on 5,943 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

Great for a single individual

Hardest part of the job is no time clock. You work until the job is done. Individuals may have progressed quicker in their job field and assume they know your job as well

Pros

Pay/Benefits

Cons

Listed above

hard job

the hardest part of the job was leaving behind my family and being gone from my daughter so long I didn't like being far away from my parents but I needed to make a life for myself.

Pros

job security

Cons

24 hour duty

Experience

Great first steps for someone looking to enhance in the management industry. Teaches you how to adapt and overcome obstacles thrown in your direction. Teaches you leadership and communication skills.

good experience

we have a morning meeting and then get to work. my co-workers have been pretty helpful in me learning the job. Management seems excited to have me.

Pros

its a part time job

Intense environment that equips men/women to succeed in their futures.

My time serving the U.S. Marine Corps has equipped me for success. I am blessed to have had the time I did serving my country. It provided well for me and my family in all needs, and even paid for my college education.

its ahonestly great overalla good place to work if ou want to be gooda good place to be if you want good friendsoverall a really good plae to retire with

Very good for learning how to conduct oneself and obtain a since of commitment to one’s purpose

In my brief time in the Corps I have matured greatly and for the better. I have enjoyed most of the time I have spent here but feel it is finally time to move on and chase after a new dream. With the lessons I have learned here I fully intend to reach them.

Pros

Job security, good pay

Cons

Sporadic hours, high stress

Marine Corps

Once a marine always a marine. Rah. The marine corps taught me so much and gave me life long skills. The Corps is upheld to a high standard and gives a lot of pride to its service members.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Marine Corps?

Prepare to travel

You will go places in the Marine Corps. It maybe great places and they can be not so great places. It’s a certainty that you will travel. Be open to new environments and cultures.

Depends on Co-Workers

The unit started off great, but then once we a couple of the good leaders left, the environment went toxic really quickly. There no almost no room for innovation. "Just keep doing with what works" is what I kept on hearing.

Terrible

My experience in the Marine Corps consisted of pure and utter stress, confusion, manipulation, humiliation, favoritism, threatening, disrespect, and much more.

It is Okay

When you sign up to join the Marine Corps, you are leaving behind the life you once knew to become something so much better. Expect to get treated like you're not better than anyone because you're not. But it's fun. I recommend it to all.

Fun career

Its nice if you are into the military culture and life style. Very old school and deep ties to roots. Advancement is pretty easy so long as you know your job and are in great shape.

It is what you make it

The Marine Corps can be a well oiled machine if everyone is on the same page. Don’t be the last person with a secret of you know something spread it so other people can be informed.

Pros

Great benefits and careeer advancement

Cons

Long days/nights and relocations

most elite fighting force on the planet

This organization is not for the faint-hearted. It has a lot of stresses and requires ample amount of hard work. you get out of it, what you put into it.

The Marine Corps

The military life isn't for everyone, but it is the best experience you'll ever have in your life to build discipline, physical fitness and character development as a whole. It will change everything that you are from your root to your spirit. You will join the largest family of non-blood relatives and once you leave the military your life will be changed forever.

Pros

get to play with military grade equipment

Hard but worth it

The Marine Corps is what you make of it. You can excel or you can hate life its all up to the individual. Some of your nco's will be down right awful and you may hate work for a little bit. but there is always a way to make the best experience.

Pros

free chow, free training, life insurance for your family if something happens to you.

Cons

as a junior marine life will suck

N/a

It was a stressful environment that only some can make it and is not for everyone. If you grow up in a place that no one makes it it is worth it if not it is not the thing you need to get into.

Maintenance Management

I went to work at 0730 and would pull the maintenance reports and go over the reports with commodities. I would ensure maintenance programs were running smoothly and I would ensure production was meeting requirements. I learned how to manage and run programs and i learned how to train according to the reports. The hardest part of my job was keeping the reports up to date and correct all the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference with in the units I worked at.

Pros

full benefits

Cons

working on holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss