U.S. Marine Corps

Network Systems Operator52 reviews
United States52 reviews

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,030 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

Marine Corps taught me excellence and dedication

In the United States Marine Corps I learned nothing better than what it takes to constantly improve every single day. I learned dedication, attention to detail, and leadership from superiors who exemplified each in so many ways. I strive to live up to these standards and more in my daily life, and I benefit from these experiences to this day.

Good knowledge, bad upper echelon leader

I was able to progress through the ranks and learn valuable knowledge to progress my career as a civilian. Reason for leaving: upper echelon leaders are a joke and personal growth/certificate persuance was held back by "mission needs". Too much reliance on one person and the group punishment. Typical military

U.S. Marine Corps insights

Based on 5,943 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Sense of belonging
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job

It's the military

You get what you put in. It's the military your need to do research before you join or you are not going to have a good time. With that being said, don't join.

It’s the military

It’s not so simply put into a bio what the USMC is all about. You’ll know once you’ve been in a few years. Not the worst job ever, but not for everyone.

Pros

Military Perks

Cons

Military

Best decision I ever made.

The skills and experiences I had and learned while in the Marines has shaped the rest of my life and the doors that it has opened has made the experience rewarding and fulfilling.

Great Organization

The Marine Corps is not a place for people who are not self motivated and determined to be the best at what they do. You will learn to apply your best to every task at hand and accomplish your goals at work and beyond.

Eh

The marine corps is cool if you need a job and are unsure what route you would like to take for work. Aside from that I would not recommend it as the work life balance is horrendous.

It was really good for me at that piont in my life.

The Marine Corp offered me the opportunity to get job experience in technical support and helped me prepare to transfer what I have learned over to the civilian job market.

Pros

Travel, housing, a sense of perpose

Cons

Having to be away from family for long periods of time.

Typical day at work

Everyday is different some days are great others not so great, but great benefits , pay is decent and no day is ever the same. You enhance your leadership traits daily and are constantly challenged.

Quality once in a liftime experience

It is what you make of it. Positive people thrive. Negative people are a plague. Choose which one you want to be a part of. Regardless it is an experience you will never get anywhere else.

Life changing

Great institution for the right individuals who want to succeed. Not recommended for everyone. If you are willing to put forth the effort to become a more than average individual, then this will work out for you.

Pros

Meet life long mentors and companions while learning technical trades.

Cons

Depending on the command, leadership can fluccuate from great to terrible.

Stressful situtaions with superiors

Constantly working along side superiors who would complain if anything was messed up. I would not be taught how to do something, i would just be thrown into a situation and expected to figure it out.

You make the experience

You make the experience on how you want it to be it was fun while it lasted but life changes and takes you in new directions. My new direction is not in the Marines I'm gonna miss it

The Marine Corp was a good experience

This brotherhood is not for everyone but if your willing to work harder than everyone else, endure the mental and physical stress that comes with being a leader and look out for the wellbeing of others then its a good experience for you.

Wonderful life experience

Great for growth, team work, communication skills. You come out a better person than you went in as! It really gives you ample amount of opportunity and experience to carry you through every day life.

Pros

Personal growth, team work, comradery

Cons

unstable schedule, fast paced

same as other

It was a good place to learn my MOS and network with people but overall not my favorite experience. I wouldn't do it again if i had the choice but that's just me

Usmc - ssgt

Opportunities are presented, but it is often up to the individual to take advantage of them. Wide range of population represented in the FMF, excellent chance to meet new people from different societal and economic backgrounds.

Pros

Benefits, training, career track

Cons

Excessive politics, work-life balance

Not for me

Some people love the military but this life style is not for me. The benefits are amazing but the stuff you have to put up with just isn’t worth it in my eyes

Pros

Steady pay check

Cons

Slow advancement

N/a

Due to the nature of this particular job opportunity, providing a well defined review is not able to be completed at this time. This is a military organization.

Usmc

Challenging, but very special thing to be apart of. Semper Fidelis is a lifestyle not a job. Learned self-discipline and how to push through pain and challenges.

benefits

Cons

work/life balance

Prouod

The Marine Corps is a busy, upbeat, environment that assists in the mental ,physical , and spiritual growth of its employees. Its constantly tests you and makes you stronger.

Pros

Benifits, Strenthening

Cons

Freedom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight