U.S. Marine Corps

United States197 reviews

Found 197 reviews matching the searchSee all 28,021 reviews
corpmilitaryusmcbrotherhooddeploymentunitedcountrylife

Productive and fast paced

In the Marine Corps I worked as a Supply Admin/ operations clerk. I would buy Supplies and essentials for units that were going to train and/or going on deployments. I also kept inventory of shipments that came in as well as disposal to DERMO.

Pros

Healthcare

Cons

schedule

Unity of Purpose

The Marine Corps is premier military organization in world with the singular purpose of protecting and defending US interests in any clime and place. Everything done in the Marine Corps laser focused on that goal, with the added bonus of being a champion of the alleviating suffering the world over, defending the weak, and promoting the beauty of the human spirit.

Pros

Great camaraderie, great benefits, physical fitness.

Cons

Time away from family.

Not for me.

Long days. I learned how to be mad all the time. Management was terrible. Workplace culture was like a concentration camp. hardest part was losing a few friends. most enjoyable was getting drunk.

Pros

travel

Cons

personnel well- being

Efficient and fast paced work place centered on mission accomplishment and family.

In the office, the Marines and I would work on daily tasks that would ensure that other units in 1 MEF had enough stock, got their gear on time, found out where their gear was if it was "lost", determined whether gear was unserviceable or serviceable, made and made sure that the units that had top priority got their gear in the time needed to complete the mission. I learned how to lead, how to be a critical thinker, how to think on my feet, how to brief superiors with confidence, how to maintain accountability and I learned how to train others to be more proficient on the job. The workplace culture was very mission and family oriented. Our superiors always made sure that not only the mission was complete but that we had all the resources so that our families could be well taken care of no matter what. In my opinion, there was not a hardest part of the job. I took everything that the Marine Corps threw at me as a learning experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my efforts,no matter how small it may seem, allow for the Marine Corps to complete the mission.

Good Career

Definitely a good career choice for anyone needing a change in life. I would highly recommend this job. The benefits are great and you are able to travel.

Not everyone can be a Marine

All the info for being in the Military is out there. The military isn’t for everyone. Not every job is favorable. The military is what you make it. Overall I wish that I could have stayed but it wasn’t in the cards.

Pros

You serve your country

Cons

They own you

Very stressful but easy to learn

It’s jot for everyone, the military is hard enough as it is physically but it drains a great portion mentally out of someone especially if they don’t know how to cope with stress.

Pros

Health care

Cons

Contract

Honorable Service

Joining the Marine Corps was the best decision of my adult life. It gave me purpose and guidance when I needed it the most. It gives discipline and brings honor to anyone who joins.

The marine corps was great time but a stressful time

Waking up at 5 to go run or work out. Then straight to work to do Logistics. At times it was tough. Anuuly traing was paid for. And advancement was done based on either or. It you did the classes to pick up rank. I got after my four year mark.

Pros

Paid every two weeks with living expenses

Cons

Decatiodtion snd nit lnkwing when or where you going to next.

Stressful

Great experience I highly recommend it if you are looking for a challenge. Highly disciplined and sporadic work hours. Must be a team player to stick around.

Pros

Paid for everything

Cons

No personal time

Very fast-paced and organized work life.

Working as a United States Marine was quite enjoyable at some times but it did have its pros and cons but the availability to acquire more knowledge on your job is endless.

Pros

Paid for barracks, chow hall, and training

Cons

Bad leadership in some commands

Not for the weak of heart

My main complaint was that you were owned 24/7 and could not make many of your own choices, if they wanted you working twelve hour days then there you were. Also a lack of privacy unless you were married. Good relationships though.

Its a good experience for a young man / woman getting out of high school

The military isn't for everyone. However, I believe it's a great start for anyone who hasn't figured out there next step after high school. This will at least set a foundation and provide great benefits at the same time.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

stressful

Usmc

Greatest honor to work for this company, To protect and serve our country. Best choice any person can make to. Great benefits and security for your family

Great experience.

We do a lot of things that will be remembered in my older years. The work is hard, sometimes stressful, but rewarding at the end of the day. A lot of pride is behind being a Marine.

Location and their Working on it

The location itself is just not a good one, but you see effort in trying to include everyone and promote. All other bases are amazing though with a lot more things to do to raise moral

Great learning experience

Great opportunities to learn. Hardest part was location. Not a regular 9-5 office job. On top of supply duties was also expected to be in top physical shape.

Proud to be a Marine

Would never regret my decision to become a Marine. Boot camp and MCT was difficult but as long as you make it through the first two weeks you will be alright.

Pros

A lot of benefits to take advantage of

Cons

Chain of command will determine how enjoyable your day is.

I quickly realized once I hit the fleet, how quickly the Marine Corps was still constantly changing. In a ton of ways it definitely was changing for the best but I definitely felt like depending on the unit and how thigs are run there you can definitely tell they care less.

Pros

Housing, chow hall, camaraderie, some leadership.

Cons

Healthcare, ability to progress in MCMAP belt depending on job.

Productive and fun depending on location

Depending on your duty station and leadership you can have an amazing time. Push yourself to be the best and you can run into a lot of great opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Marine Corps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss