U.S. Marine Corps Employee Review

View all U.S. Marine Corps reviews

Too relaxed, no room for advancement
United States Marine (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCSeptember 28, 2013
There wasn't a lot for us to do. Each day was very relaxed and boring. I wasnt treated like a normal person should be. I worked very hard was never recognized for it, especially in Iraq. I left the Marines because I didnt see any opportunity for advancement given my position.

Other U.S. Marine Corps Employee Reviews

Good for developing character and discipline
System Administrator Course Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 19, 2018
The Marine Corps does well at developing young adults into disciplined and productive members of society. The days start early and end late, but no two days are ever exactly the same. Management does its best to make sure those below them have what they need to do their job, however there are times when management will miss opportunity due to an inability to adapt to changes. The culture of the Marine Corps revolves around a strong tradition of brother and sisterhood. The hardest part of the job was working within a confined system of rules that did not allow for adapting to situations as fluidly as possible. I enjoyed being a part of a strong team that got the job done.
Pros
Excellent benefits, strong traditions
Cons
Long hours, leaders set in their ways
Great Work Force
Aviation Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAApril 19, 2018
The Marine Corps is a place that has almost unlimited career possibilities that you can go into when you get out form the experience you gather while serving.