Many members of the military had various types of tattoos located behind the ear or on their necks. As long as the tattoo is 1x1 inches and is not profane then it is allowed.
I've been removed from the Navy for 5 years now and the rules on tattoos have changed. I'm not sure if its allowed or not but i've known people who have gotten waivers for neck tattoos so maybe.
I'm not sure of the current tattoo policies, but waivers are available for tattoos and their positioning.
Most things are waiverable, speak to a recruiter
I don't think so, but i am not entirely sure.
To be uniform, certain standards of dress code and appearance should be met. Instead of identifying a person by the tattoo they wear, it is better to identify them by name, which means one has taken time to know more about them than just in appearance.
- How are the working hours at U.S. Navy?146 people answered
- What is U.S. Navy sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?121 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at U.S. Navy?120 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at U.S. Navy? How many vacation days do you get per year?118 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at U.S. Navy?117 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at U.S. Navy?114 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at U.S. Navy?108 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at U.S. Navy?103 people answered
- What is the interview process like at U.S. Navy?101 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make U.S. Navy a better place to work?99 people answered