Take a test, choose a branch, choose a job, get hauled off, get yelled at, make it through boot, and boom you’re in.
Long and annoying with a long wait, just like your future employer. You need to be ready for a secret and sometimes top secret security clearance, depending on your job.
Many physical/mental checks as well as background, driving and criminal history.
Speaking with a recruiter regarding career intentions
I volunteered and was picked up with orders!
None, it is long
It was at a recruiting station. Asked a lot of personal questions and I had to provide information such as transcript and other documents.
The job interview is fairly straight forward. If you join the hardest thing to dos is pick a job you like.
Must pass a physical and entrance exam
- How are the working hours at U.S. Navy?146 people answered
- What is U.S. Navy sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?121 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at U.S. Navy?120 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at U.S. Navy? How many vacation days do you get per year?118 people answered
- What tips or advice would you give to someone interviewing at U.S. Navy?117 people answered
- On average, how many hours do you work a day at U.S. Navy?114 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at U.S. Navy?108 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at U.S. Navy?103 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make U.S. Navy a better place to work?99 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at U.S. Navy?97 people answered