U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

514.4K
47.6K
32.9K
Found 24,563 reviews matching the search See all 25,672 reviews
Do what you are told and life will be easy.
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILJuly 16, 2018
Do what you are told and life will be easy. Work always comes first. Great benefits. You are told how to live everyday. Meet alot of people from all over the world.
Full speed ahe
Electrical Manager, Chief Petty Officer E-7 (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2018
As any red blooded American knows serving our Great Nation is a honor that cannot be expressed in treasure. The US NAVY is a great place to gain valuable insight on dealing with a diverse group of people in some unique. You will never find a job like this anywhere else in America......literally!
Pros
Travel, meet and work with people from all over the world
Cons
Long periods from home, can be dangerous
Brief synopsis of the Navy
Logistics Specialist Chief (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2018
The only thing I dislike was once you become senior enough in the Navy it becomes all about who you know and not what you know and can do. In a way it’s sort of becomes the good old boys/ girls club to a certain degree.
Productive experience
Personnel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2018
Worth the experience & travel, good energy and hard work. Great people to meet and network with. Collect as much information and training needed for your success
Liked it enough to do it twice
Hospital Corpsman, Petty Officer 2nd Class (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2018
Obviously, it's not for everyone. But I can tell you that I learned more in my time in the service than I ever would have learned in that time, had I been a civilian.
Pros
Advancement, benefits, opportunities, travel
Cons
n/a
Long Hours, Median Compensation
Electronic Technician First Class (Current Employee) –  Navy, VAJuly 16, 2018
The pay looks good from the outside looking in, but when the long and sometimes arduous working conditions are factored in the pay does not compare. At sea, the average working day is 14 hours long, 7 days a week. The pay does not change based on hours worked. Ashore, the average work day is 10 hours long and 5 days a week. The compensation is less ashore, then at sea.
Pros
30 days paid vacation per year, free healthcare
Cons
Sleep deprivation
Seabag
2nd class Petty Officer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 16, 2018
If you join the Navy, the best advice i can give is stay single and save money. Your family doesn't come in your seabag. I have seen too many sailors join the Navy, go on deployment and when they come back their spouse has been cheating and takes the kids, home and half of the income.
Pros
See the world, college tuition completely paid for
Cons
No time for family
Usn
Hull Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
The Navy is an excellent career choice. I tried to reenlist but they were downsizing at the time. I would recommend joining the military service to anyone.
Multiple jobs
Exceptional leader talented (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 16, 2018
There were days that were long, days that were short. There were days that were fun, and days that were unpleasant. There are people that were great that I worked with, and people that I tried to avoid.
Pros
You can see the world.
Cons
Sometimes you didn't have a choice where you went.
Life Changing
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 16, 2018
Saved my life and gave me a sense of direction. The military is awesome when it comes to great pay and benefits coinciding with pay. Religious pay and decent healthcare (for the most part)
Pros
Everything included
Cons
Time away from family
Personnal and Profesional Growth
Combat Information Center Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
The military has provided me with a good moral structure and code of ethics. It has provided me with discipline and required me for forge a strong work ethic and accomplish any task set before me.
Pros
Pay, Benefits and Profesional Experience
Cons
No time with family, but i guess its part of the sacrifice
Best time of my life
Aviation Boatswains Mate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2018
when i was here i had the best time of my life and enjoyed every min of it. i learne everything i know about assembeling and disassembling industrial sized equipment. also i learn how to manage people of every backround.
Pros
great people
Cons
time managment
Productive and every chainring environment
Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJuly 16, 2018
Navy Days
Non-designated Seaman (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
This was an entry level position and did a lot of different things from painting to harrier operations. The amount of hours that I was required to work tied with the compensation was not worth my time, so I decided to only do what I enlisted for, which was two years.
Pros
travel
Cons
food, hours worked
seeing different countries is fun.
Machinst mate (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 15, 2018
It is very stressful while being deployed away from family and friends.
Managment can be good or bad. Just like any other job it all depends on the person. Most enjoyable part is making new friends from all around the world and visiting different countries.
Everything I needed.
Radiation Health Technincian and Hospital Corpsman (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2018
General feeling of brotherhood and professionalism. Learned much about the world and even more about myself. I would not be the same person I am today without my experience in the Military.
More than a job, a life-calling.
Chief Petty Officer (E-7) (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2018
A good way to improve yourself is to put others first! Learn how to perform under pressure, as a team and with a common goal in mind. Impossible to have served and not leave as a changed person.
Benefits
Cons
Optempo
Excellent place to be. Go Navy
CHIEF PETTY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2018
The Navy created a great life. I am now retired and reap the benefits of my 22 plus years of service. I would highly recommend it to any young person as a way of life.
Blackwater
Navy Anti-Terrorism Instructor (Former Employee) –  Moyock, NCJuly 15, 2018
This was basically training contract with Blackwater and US Training Center. The Center for Anti-terrorism and Navy Security forces was the customer base.
Research your rate before you sign
Petty Officer Third Class (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2018
The navy is a good step forward for those who don't really know what you want to do. Just make sure you know what job your signing up for. Chose your rate chose your fate is real.