Play YouTube video button

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews

United States30,811 reviews
Found 30,811 reviews matching the search
Featured review
U.S. Navy selected this as a representative review
Mission Driven work environment. Supports employees and creates a team environment.
My tenure with the United States Navy was rewarding. The work environment was productive while still encouraging a family like workplace. Oppurtunity for promotion was fair. Superiors did an excellent job of making sure personnel were given the tools to succeed and off the clock. All employees were thoroughly trained on how to do their job and given opportunities to seek positions of higher authority. Occasionally, working hours were long and last minute changes were thrown into the workload.
Pros
Pay, People
Cons
Occasional extended working hours
Great opportunities
Great opportunities. Travel opportunities. Advancement opportunities. Free college. Housing allowances. Cost of living allowances. Early retirement. Overall great place, with a few flaws.
United States Navy Military Police Officer
The United States Navy is a highly trained company that offers many rewarding benefits and job security. Not a great work environment for everyone but you can gain a lot of professional experience in a short amount of time.
It's the military.
The people you work with are what makes it a great experience. The disconnect of higher ups is what makes you want to get out. Waste of time collateral's and terrible promotion system usually means who ever excels at their job and lacks bake sale numbers wont get promoted.
Great career choice with tons of benefits
This is a great career choice for anyone wanting to do more in life. They offer tons of benefits, opportunities to travel and promotional growth. They will take care of you both while in the service and as a veteran.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good
I enjoyed my time in the Navy. Rewarding experience with a group of people you wouldn’t have met otherwise from all walks of life. I would highly recommend the USN to all eligible candidates.
Best people you will meet
While in bootcamp you will meet your best friends for life. In the Navy, you will meet some great people. Though you may travel far and be on a ship for awhile, the Navy is like your second family.
It's the military
The military has its ups and downs but I loved being in the navy. It's not for everyone but it does have a ton of great benefits and security. I would recommend this branch.
Deployments are rough
Stay focused, service before self! Remember that the country comestibles first. Always take care of your partner and you will be just fine. Attention to detail is very important!
A career that isn't for everyone.
Naval service is inherently hard and often leaves you overworked with little time to yourself. On the plus side I was able to see more of the world before I was twenty one then many people see in their lives.
Constantly Evolving
The Navy has bee an amazing experience. I have experienced everything from mopping floors in a Naval Hospital during a hurricane to conducting Special Operations in multiple conflict areas.
Pros
great pay
Cons
deployments and hardships on families
Us navy
This is the military so there is not much for working remote. Pay is based on years of service and rank. There is plenty of training and managers are true leaders for the most part. Great camaraderie.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Not much family time depending on duty station
N/a
Everyone knows how is life in the military. I dont have to give to much of an explanation on how things work inside there. Nothing else to say about the subject.
Benefits and CUlture
The Navy has great benefits including on the job training and accessibility to plenty of medical positions. The culture of the Navy provides motivation and support for its sailors but the room for advancement is no where near what it could be.
Go Navy
Great time great people amazing lifelong benefits ❤️ Loved the travel and the comradery. Wish I would have stayed for twenty years. Never had another experience that compared. Amazing time of my life.
25 Years and counting
I came into the Navy without knowing I wanted a career, open to leaving along the way. One of my first boss’s goals was to “have so much fun as a commanding officer that everyone would want to stick around.” Seems to have worked...
Pros
Opportunity and job satisfaction
Cons
Missed some major family events
Joining the military is not like any other job you would typically find. It is a lifestyle, not just a job.
In the beginning it is a bit intimidating however, after you get to your first command you will settle in and start learn at a very fast pace. As you go through your career you will be given training opportunities that will develop you professionally. Not to forget to mention the travel, I have lived all over the US as well as in Europe and Japan. It has been a great experience for me, I will miss it.
Navy
The navy gave me a lot of experience in my trade area. They will provide necessary schooling, and training needed to launch a career in several different areas.
Best place to start in serving your country
The best decision I ever made. Meet the most intelligent people to help you until you succeed. They never give up and dont let you either. I mostly enjoyed all of the hands on work that i was exposed to.
i learned how to fix/operate big engines
i learned alot about life and betterment of life, i know how to make clean water from nasty water as long as i have the tools/chemicals needed to complete
Military life
The military life is definitely worth its benefits, you have to decide if the time separated from family and friends is worth the traveling world wide and experiencing other cultures is worth it. It has definitely allowed me to grow and experience life outside a small town. Trust me you're not going to get that kind of growth from working at Chick-fil-a or Walmart. Just something to consider.
consider.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.
17.4K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Navy.