Play YouTube video button

U.S. Navy Employee Reviews for Electronics Technician

Found 1,377 reviews matching the search See all 34,229 reviews
Featured review
U.S. Navy selected this as a representative review
Mission Driven work environment. Supports employees and creates a team environment.
Recruiter/ Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 3, 2019
My tenure with the United States Navy was rewarding. The work environment was productive while still encouraging a family like workplace. Oppurtunity for promotion was fair. Superiors did an excellent job of making sure personnel were given the tools to succeed and off the clock. All employees were thoroughly trained on how to do their job and given opportunities to seek positions of higher authority. Occasionally, working hours were long and last minute changes were thrown into the workload.
Pros
Pay, People
Cons
Occasional extended working hours
Many opportunities for education,Travel and experience.
Electronics Tech Superv FCCM Brian Abram Ret.USN (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 14, 2019
Best situation for Paid technical training with the US Navy and it's contractors. Personal development thru Leadership Management
Education and Training. Wonderful opportunities for travel. I made several friends for life.

Former FC1 (SW)
Overall Great Experience
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 11, 2019
The work days are routine yet exciting, I learned continuous improvement processes, management is ever changing due to high rotation rates in certain rates, culture is the best in the world, hardest part of the job is time away from family unless on shore duty, most enjoyable part of the job is the benefits such as paid time off, incentives, tuition coverage, structure, and also the flexibilty when needed
See the world
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 7, 2019
The Navy is a fantastic place to get a head start on life. I traveled the world and got paid for it too. The benefits are amazing with dental, education, and food.
prodcutive fast pace
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  MarylandJuly 7, 2019
amazing people to work with. Look after each other. willing to help with problems. Stern leadership with actual effort into accommodate your needs.
Challenging
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2019
The workload was always changing from day to day. You learn to work with new people quite frequently. People transfer in and out frequently. Sometimes the job could be fun, other times it could be rough. You learn to make the best out of the challenging situations. Top priorities to do the job right and safely.
Productive place to work
Submarine Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJuly 2, 2019
Pros
Builds Character, Pay, People
Cons
Away from family
Meaningful work
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 28, 2019
The Navy is long hours and hard work, however it is something that less than 1 percent of the population has done. Not very many people can say they are a veteran and I am proud to have served.
Good, but not for everyone
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 27, 2019
The Navy is as good as what you make of it. If you don't have a good work ethic then I do not such you to join the Navy. But on that note the Navy can give you many opportunities
I enjoyed my Naval career immensely
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 26, 2019
I would recommend a military career to anyone. I was able to achieve long term post military employment because of the training I received. I also was able to travel South America and the Pacific.
A solid foundation
1st class nuclear electronics technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 26, 2019
What ever your experience in the navy may be it is hard to argue that even with all of what you may have to put up with you will have learned vital technical skills that are quickly and usefully transferable out od the Navy.
Its the military
Nuclear Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 23, 2019
Its the military. Navy is great. You get to see the world sail all over the place meeting all sorts of people. Certainly not an easy job but can also be a great one.
It's the Military
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 23, 2019
Being in the military is not like any civilian job imaginable unless you're a contractor working for the military. Don't go in expecting things to be great, there are a lot of ups and downs emotionally, physically, and mentally.
Great Benefits but they are earned
Electronics Technician Second Class (Former Employee) –  Bangor Naval Submarine Base, WAJune 21, 2019
Long days and sometimes months with no days off. Decent pay and amazing health for and your family. The day to day is constantly changing. That could be a good thing, or a bad.
Tough but worth it
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2019
If you have no direction in life, join the navy. They will train you and you will be immediately marketable upon separation assuming you did your time honorably.
Good place to learn quickly and gather skills.
Submarine Navigation Electronics technician, USN (Former Employee) –  The United StatesJune 20, 2019
The best aspects of the navy are the benefits that come with military service and the multiple skills taught to you. Great place to start ones life as an adult.
Serving your country,Build Yourself
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  青森県 三沢市June 20, 2019
When working for the military, you become property of the military and are subject to doing as told when told to do so. This form of work can and does become used as a punishment when required however, compliance leads to more of a regular work-scheduled week allowing for at least 2 off days a week. In my position, I worked from 8am to 6pm on average and had scheduled 'watch duties' that may increase the work-week twice a month. Not a very demanding job role and you do take honor in being a representative for your country. I personally recommend this as a strong choice for people just out of high-school as it is beneficial before jumping into the work force.
Pros
Always paid, meet new people, see new locations
Cons
Have fun but not too much fun, be responsible
Fast pace work environment
AVIATION ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 18, 2019
Learned to multitask and much more
Learned more than one profession
Learned leadership skills
Traveld the world while gaining experience and knowledge
Hard Work
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Yokosuka, JapanJune 17, 2019
The job is, as you can imagine, demanding. Every day while at sea was similar to the preceding one at sea. Drills were held regularly, and exercises were the name of the game. For the area I worked in, there was the regular work day, during which we maintained various bits of equipment aboard ship, and then a night watch just in case repairs were necessary.

The cultures from ship to ship, and even aboard a ship from work area to work area, as each have unique demands. The hardest part of the job was probably the long hours that would become necessary when something went wrong, but the most enjoyable part of the job was the travel that we did.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Opportunities for advancement, Pto, travel
Cons
Strict hiearchy, military lifestyle, arbitrary rules
Getting out
Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 16, 2019
I am not happy with my current job. Not enough to survive on your own. Really want to put more money in my pocket. Wanted to live thr dream as a Navy SEAL but didn't happen.
The Navy is excellent for the education it provides
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 14, 2019
The Navy was an excellent challenge and gave me a fantastic education. But the hours were long, and the time away from friends and family was difficult to handle at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
518.6K
410.1K
34.2K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss