U.S. Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good learning experience. Fast paced environment
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 19, 2017
I've worked with Usph going on 3yrs now. The first year was great and I loved the job! I enjoyed every aspect of my job and even the challenges it presented from time to time.Even though I was being underpaid from the beginning, I loved the job itself to look past that. Didn't get my pay raises on annual dates. Things started to go down hill fast. The company does not recognize front office staff and their concerns. Act like you don't exist! WAY TOO MUCH WORK for what little pay they offer. They start new employees with none to little work experience at a higher pay rate than the dedicated, loyal, current employees they have still working. Everything is being cut.. Training hours for new staff barely get any one on one Training bc they don't want to approve the extra hours. Cut staffing down, putting more work load on front office staff. Alot of poor management, blaming corporate for no raises or hours being approved.. Haven't done anything for employees for Christmas, or holidays for over the last two yrs. Recognition for hardworking employees who go above and beyond, who pour their heart and soul into this place would be nice as would a long over due raise. They are ok with cutting hours and or positions with no warning.
Now being understaffed, you work long days
9-10hrs.. No breaks.. Patients being scheduled during lunch, so no lunch breaks either.
Pros
Good learning experience for medical office receptionist positions, Meet new people, Good Relationships with patients, Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Little pay, long hours, too much work overload
January 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to speak to someone in our HR Department about the details surrounding your experience so that we can attempt to make things better for current/future employees in the specific location/area where you work.

Stressful
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GANovember 13, 2017
Expect way too much out of employees for inadequate compensation. Too many people telling employees different things. USPh is a great company however it greatly depends on which therapy locations you work with.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanaging
Stressful and unhappy
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXOctober 30, 2017
Worked at fredericksburg physical therapy for almost a year. Loved my coworkers, but my boss was unwilling to give me more hours/pay raise. My office manager left and they hired and new one, she was so rude to me and some of our patients. She favored thing to say is.. I dont have time for that. She would get mad when i transferred a phone call to her with a question i didnt know. She would argue with the therapist. I went to my boss about the isses i was having and nothing was done, so i quit.
Cons
Low pay, lack of respect.
Like family
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Albany, INOctober 26, 2017
Our team is like a family, we have a very good work atmosphere. Our therapist are very knowledgeable and caring. Patients respond very quickly due to their hands on approach.
Wish I had known then what I know now.
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  SoutheastOctober 25, 2017
From over 10 years experience with USPH, I can tell you prior comments about patient load being too high are correct. Prior comments on low pay are also correct. Comments about the cost of back office expenses being too high are correct. The company is advertised as allowing the director to run his own clinic; however, you find out after the fact it has to be within their model.

Very closed minded company and majority of the top executives came from HealthSouth and we know how that company turned out.

The CEO and top executives are terribly overpaid and the people in the trenches are underpaid with terrible benefits compared to similar companies.
Poor management
Data Entry Coordinator/Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2017
Unable to advance or move to other departments with my manager taking it out on me.
Non flexible with work hours
Micro management for no reason
No trust in her employees
Pros
CEO did fun stuff for company
Great place to work for experience
Held Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2017
My position offered plenty of on the job training that taught me a lot. I learned something new almost every day. My coworkers created a very friendly and enjoyable environment.
quiet
Administrative Assistant (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
work environment was quiet
well organized
employers appropriately interacted with workers
no discrimination
job description provided
training was sufficient
Pros
lunch, coffee, breakfast, meetings, open communication
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
Do yourself a favor and don't take a job with this company. Biggest career mistake I have ever made. The corporate culture is horrible, employees are not treated with respect and if you think outside the box you are seen as a threat. Spare yourself the grief.
August 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to speak to someone in our HR Department about the details surrounding your experience so that we can attempt to make things better for current and future employees in the specific location/area where you worked.

US Physical Therapy Inc Career
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
I absolutely love my career here at US Physical Therapy Inc. Every aspect of my job is fantastic minus one category. The Executive and Departmental management are all fantastic people that truly bring a family mentality to the company. They are very involved and constantly do creative things to keep the workplace interesting. The compensation is the only thing that is lacking in USPH. They do not competitively price their salaries until you reach a certain level. My job for example is in the bottom 1% for pay in this region and profession.
Pros
Cons
Pay Compensation not Competative
Fast growing company
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TXJune 22, 2017
A lot of repetitive work and paperwork. Management was constantly adding new demands without compensating pay. Medical benefits were great. The best part of the job was visiting with the patients and seeing them discharged pain free.
16 plus years working with the Best Company and great support
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 2, 2017
I can't imagine anyone having a negative word for this company. I have worked over 16 years with a marvelous director and support staff from USPh. If I don't have an answer, someone is always there to help me.
I've gone through 2 Medicare audits and each time, I've had the best support at my fingertips. If there are any IT issues, they are on it. If I can't find an answer to an issue, there is ALWAYS someone there to direct me to the proper person.
The support I've received has far exceeded any other facility that I've ever worked for.
Pros
The positive feedback and support
Cons
I don't have anything negative to say
Poor leadership/management
Physician Liason (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 14, 2017
Despite many promises there is very little to gain monetarily or educationally with USPH. You will work for very little in every way. Only ability to make 40,000 or less per year.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, low pay, and no ability to make " uncapped commissions.
great company to work with
Executive - Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
I was a legal assistant. Assisted our clinic all over the US in applying for Corp documents. If needed I would visit the clinic and assist the Office Manager and Director in making sure all was ready to go. As legal assistant, my job was to make sure all was good for starting the clinic.
Pros
401 K; and Think Tanks on Fridays
Cons
n/a
productive fast paced work enviorment
Fit2wrk Network Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
days consisted of multi-tasking phone lines, emails from various employers, networks, and disbursement of over night fax queues.At times left with duties and responsibilities of immediate supervisor upon their absence.
Be prepared to have no life outside of work!
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Florida State, FLJune 24, 2016
Great idea being able to have your own clinic but in the end the corp dictates how it is operated. They are not open to ideas for expanding the business if it is outside their management model. I worked long hours and had full support of an orthopedic surgeon who sent me all his patients as well as many other referral sources but they require you to do 8 hours of offsite marketing and fit in your patients in between. Their management fees are outrageous and prohibit profit for the clinician unless you see 20+ patients /day.
Pros
Having your own clinic
Cons
Overbearing management
July 15, 2016

Thank you for the feedback. As you know each of our partnerships are different in terms of what they specialize in and how they operate, but we do expect our clinical directors to market approximately 8 hours out of a typical week. The average number of patients seen by a Therapist is actually between 10-12 per day, not the 20+ patients/day that you stated above. Lastly, we do not view our management fee as too high because we provide valuable support functions to each clinic such as accounting, compliance, legal, human resources, benefits, recruiting, risk management, marketing, information technology, operations, etc.

Patient Account Representative
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  IndianaJune 16, 2016
No competitive compensation, benefits are outrageously overpriced, lack of management due to corporate. Underpaid for all the work involved.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new things, excellent pto benefit
Cons
No breaks, no coverage, hard to work with if something uncontrollable happens
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your comments. Our benefit programs are compared against benchmark data and structured to be both competitive and reasonable for the employees. We encourage you to speak to someone in our HR Department about the details surrounding your experience so that we can attempt to better understand your concerns and make things better for current and future employees at the particular clinic where you were employed.

Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 19, 2016
HORRENDOUS company. No lunch breaks, awful supervisors, extremely low pay. Broken promises as far as incentives. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!
May 3, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to speak to someone in our HR Department about the details surrounding your experience so that we can attempt to make things better for current and future employees at the particular clinic where you were employed.

Great job - low pay
Cash Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work was a long drive for little pay for my experience but took the job after being laid off from a job over almost 9 years tenure and needed to support my family

I learned a different method of doing cash management and to work with a lot more variety of ethnic backgrounds

Management was great

Coworkers were great

The hardest part was the intensive drive to the complete other side of town, long hours doing the same repetitive duties at a computer screen almost the complete 8 hours of the day without breaks

Most enjoyable part was the people and the reconciliation part of the job
Pros
Great benefits and great people
Cons
Long drive and low pay
March 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and wish you well in your future job.

Awesome People and a great Enviroment
Help Desk Support Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
For the most part everyone was friendly, easy to get along with. The Christmas Parties were a blast, an a event they would host around May was also a blast. The people were cool. It's easy to get to know everyone. The downside is that there is no advancement, and pay isn't competitive.
Pros
Christmas Party, Events in the Spring, Enviroment
Cons
Little to no advancement, Pay isn't competitive
March 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We do take strides to promote from within if the opportunity arises and the individual's performance, skill set and experience is a true fit for the position. Good luck in your future endeavors.