U.S. Pipe Employee Reviews

Productive and fast-paced environment.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 9, 2018
It's hard work and definitely worth it. I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot about the company. It's not for everyone, but it was definitely a place for me.
Very cut throat
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 23, 2017
No one in management were helpful, supervisors favored buddies over others. Very unsafe place to work and no desire to make better. Break areas were nasty and very hot as well
Pros
Cons
Poor conditions, unsafe, bad management
Great job
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 20, 2017
Great job to have. I love the people and process. There is room to advance here. I was given opportunity after only working with the team for a few months.
Bad place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 21, 2017
Hard work gets you no where. Drug and alcohol policy and attendance policy aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Allow you too come to work under the influence of drugs and alcohol as long as you don't get hurt. Attendance policy is enforced only on certain employees others get free rein on infractions. Don't expect to be promoted. Raises only come once a year when they decide to give them out and then it is only 2 or 3 percent so it's like $.20 a year. No bonus program for hourly employees but salaried get Xmas bonuses among other bonuses. In the nutshell if you're job is other then office help you don't mean anything to them.
us pipe descrption
machine operator/ laborer (Former Employee) –  AlabamaSeptember 21, 2017
➢ Effectively operated forklift and other machinery in a safe and productive manner.
➢ Poured metal into mold for pipe formation.
➢ Consistently performed duties to meet established deadlines ensuring timely productivity.
➢ Adhered to all established company guidelines.
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35222September 14, 2017
US pipe was a good job. I worked 12 hours a day 5 to 6 days a week... • Forklift Operator • • Locomotive Switch Man • Crane Operator • Coil Wrapper • Mill Operator
• Highly Dependable • Hard Worker • Prompt • Team Player • Devoted Honest. Good bosses. I left because I got a better Job at USSteel.
Pros
Good benefits Good pay the the time
Cons
long hours but I got use to it.
This place is a circus
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAAugust 1, 2017
Terrible job. Terrible place. No values, ethics, morals or care for their employees. Too many hot heads or self centered people running the show. I can't say enough bad things about this place. A lot of snakes. They like to make you think every thing will change or wrk out or be different or that they are on your side but they tell everyone that and they make no changes. Training is terrible. One guy looks for drama to try to get employees fired. This place is going to lose to the mom and pop shops.
Pros
Other than benefits, none! The benefits are not worth your self worth
Cons
Everything. Treat you terrible, lie to you, etc
Say one thing do another
Plant Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 30, 2017
HR and Upper management are crooked. They say one thing and do another. Labor relations are horrible. The plant leadership was horrible. Decisions constantly made in a vacuum with no thought for how it would impact other areas of the business. Leaders in the field positions for 20 + years and are unwilling to change.
VP of operations is a horrible people person
Pros
Solid Benefits
Cons
work environment, leadership
Good job....good coworkers
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 21, 2017
I enjoyed the job, work from outside salesmen could be a bit stressful. The salary was good, but not the best. I enjoyed the time off that was allowed during holidays and vacations. The company seemed to be fairly stable.
Pros
Training and experience!
Cons
Promoting from within!
Safe and Fair place to work
A-Rate Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALMay 12, 2017
Worked at US Pipe for many years. Co-workers became extended family. Good benefits, good pay and a safe enviroment. I have not worked under the new ownership of the company so I don't know a lot about the current conditions. I am sure that it is still a great place to work.
Poor Leadership
HR Benefits (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALApril 27, 2017
This company has poor leadership. If you are not in the the good ole boys club then you won't be there very long. They pick on whoever they don't like until your fired or you quit. They will make your life miserable. Salaried turnover is through the roof and its like a game for them.
Pros
Cons
everything
Hard working
Break Relief/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 31, 2017
Various jobs demand a lot of hard work. It is also hot and dangerous if you're not paying attention. Good place to work to learn multiple skills and make good money.
Pros
Great place to learn new skills
Cons
It's hot hot hot in the foundry
great place to work
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2017
rewarding place to work. they helped me to add to my job skills and were helpful when I had questions about any assignment I was given. the supervisors were also helpful
Productive Place To Work
Maintenance Machinist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMarch 6, 2017
I worked the night shift 11-7am had a log to work from of work that
had to be done machine duct pipe to the required length I learned to
work by us pipes standards you had good management and bad
management I got along with both, workplace culture was good
we all worked together
I enjoyed my job I enjoyed going to work each day.
Great
Process Technician (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJanuary 15, 2017
Great I'm trying to get back out there it a really great place to work so far I haven't worked for a better place like them yet
Excellent
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALNovember 16, 2016
Great place to work. Great company overall .Great hours and excellent pay. Willing to return if called. One of the best companies I've ever worked for.
Not worth the time and effort you put into this company.
Lathe Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Corporate have no idea about anything. Corporate would sell you dreams on how much business would be coming your way and then they would come in and permanently close down your plant. Happened to a few plants including the one I worked for. Oh and did so with no type of notice. It was lie after lie after lie with them. The pay rate for the work you do, the fumes and junk you breath in, and the shops being so disgustingly dirty is a joke. My manager was a very good guy and cared about his employees that's about the only good thing I can say about the company, unfortunately he was axed along with the rest of us (some who put in more than 10 years of their lives for this company.)
Pros
Great manager
Cons
everything
Electrical work
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALJuly 28, 2016
A lot of work. Long hours. The comprehension of the electrician determined state of technology. Great friends bad benefits. Real crazy management, six sigma eliminated capital expenditures to make money off depreciation. Plant got real old with nutty decisions with new management. Constant new management from up north, rarely from local state. Closed down 3 plants, chatt valves was shut down so they could buy from china at HIGHER PRICES, closing North Bham big mistake. New management from Chicago real lost,extremely selfish and self centered. They eliminated free vendor lunches except for themselves. Took away bonus and went back a year and made old managers pay it back. One Chicago exec was standing in middle of road yelling and screaming at the sky. Plant managers scared of their on shadows. Cancelled retiree insurance just to be mean.
Pros
Free access to toilet
Cons
No water fountains in new modern plant. No drawings. No mechanical drawings, no mechanical manuals, no mechanical standards.
i really hate the plant was closed down
Welder (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2016
to start our day with fellow coworkers an have some of the best coworkers who all was on the same page with getting our assignment to work
Pros
vacation time
Cons
a 1 healthcare
Very poor uper management!!!!
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALFebruary 12, 2016
You have no home life if you work here. Salary employees are forced to work 6 to 7 days a week with no pay over 40 hours. Production employees are very nice people to work with, but upper management is terrible. I have never seen so much turnover in salary positions like they have here. HR president is terrible. If you are not one of her hand picked employees then your days are numbered. Payroll manager is rude, self centered and will do whatever it takes to make herself look better. This is definitely not the good company that it once was!!!!!