U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

On the job freedom but sometimes very boring
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 23, 2018
I am mostly securing a medical office in a downtown rural area that provides low income medical and dental benefits to low income families and homeless, some of whom are mentally ill as well. The atmosphere can become very crazy at times and sometimes extremely disruptive.
Pros
1 hour for lunch
Easy to get promoted
Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 23, 2018
If you show interest in your job, it is very easy to get prompted. Management depends on the site that you are assigned to. Overtime also depends on the site.
Worked at night.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJSeptember 23, 2018
It was pretty slow at night and you just sat in a Jeep for 8 hours.
They made you write in a book every hour even if nothing was going on.
Had to do an expection on the Jeep everyday even though you barely drove it anywhere.
enjoyment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2018
nice laid back work environment with very friendly people a great enjoyment whenever i'm at work. good slow steady pace of traffic coming in and out the complex
Good job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Clover, VASeptember 22, 2018
Good starting into security job. Pay at most sites was good. Paid for my licence and everyone i dealt with was friendly. Lack of work in my area after my last contract ended.
expanded knowledge of security service
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 21, 2018
patrolled various areas
gained experience in expanded security services, experience at reviewing physical structures
Some interaction with public
coworkers were good to work with
look them up
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 20, 2018
please check your info on line do your research on any company before applying theres ways to look up info on jobs you apply for this company over works and under pays and trys to forces there workers to stay more hours and when you disagree there are not happy [Be careful.]
Pros
alot of hours
Cons
Not a great place to work, but it could be worse
Full-time security officer (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 20, 2018
This company has very poor, rude, and unprofessional management. Other than that, it was an 'okay' job for the time being. The pay is not bad compared to other security agencies.
Good place to work if you put in the effort.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Observe and report, wand,and x-ray workers at the facility. Learned how to deal with shipping manifest. Managers were kind and informative. Easy to get along with co-workers. Making sure everyone is doing their assignment, is the only hard part. Being at work and doing the job is the best part.
Great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 19, 2018
Productive place to work friendly staff . Reasonable hours and pay, Management will work with whatever problem you have promptly. All over a great company .
Pros
great post
Cons
cant leave for lunch
No raises, benefits or paid correctly
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
The job it self is not complicated at all, but management is the problem. Our checks are not always correct, they're always short are you don't get paid at all until about a week later than your suppose to. Raises are not given, everybody make the same pay, whether they were with the company 10 years or 1 week. There're no benefits, nor do you get to go on vacation, but you do receive a vacation check. There are no lunch breaks, you have to eat in between searches. You can be forced out to work at the last minute with no excuses if someone does not show up for work even if you showed up to work on time and worked your shift like your suppose to. Once upper management was to change in the right direction, then I truly believe that the company would be a great company to work for.
Pros
All the overtime you can make if it's available
Cons
Not getting paid on time or correct. No pay raises or benefits.
it was a okay job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILSeptember 19, 2018
they job was easy management sucks and they are a rip off at times.. fars money... but the work was easy and very reliable place to work... I don't have no regrets but the management trash.
Good Company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. The management team was very helpful. The hardest part of this job was the clients and staffing. Overall it was a great company to work for.
Great company.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Doral, FL 33172September 18, 2018
Great employer, serving local communities with security services.

No complaints about this company. A good place to work and an employer worth working for.
Pros
Good employer, great people, good work environment.
Cons
None.
Doctor Office
Security Officer (Full-time)Security officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
My work place was cool. I was in a doctors off so there was not much that goes on or much that I had to do.i watch the camera and did my rounds and mad sure people was singing in at my desk before going to the up stairs
Pros
I got a 30 minutes lunch that was still on clock
Cons
30 minutes lunch
Not a career
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Typical part time or full time job for a young individual. I worked overnights, mostly patrolling empty buildings and grounds, so there wasn't much to learn or experience.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Can get very boring, no advancement
fun experience
Security guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company, the hours however were unstable and the pay was not one that can support the living expenses. Co-workers at the different sites were fun to work with as well.
hospital,Walmart
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 16, 2018
when i first got the job with US Security i was happy cause i got a job in security n i learned alot in security like customer service and hot to treat people right
Average... For the Security Industry
Security Supervisor/Officer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 15, 2018
As with most contract security companies, it is primarily about a level of exploitation of employees. The pay to expectation balance is always going to be a bit off. The life/work balance of the average employee is not understood to be a need by those in charge. Being a Supervisor means this is all the more true.
Ugly
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 15, 2018
The supervision was great so was the dispatch but the co workers had drug problems and mental issues the pay was horrible for what we did but I was down on my luck and helped me out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Security Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

41K
31.1K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Security Associates, Inc..