U.S. Security Associates, Inc.
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

U.S. Security Associates, Inc. Pay & Benefits reviews

United States5,721 reviews

Clear
2.6Pay & Benefits

Found 1,664 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,735 reviews
securitysiteofficerguardpatrolhourpostbenefit

Benefits

The company doesn't offer any benefits at all. They even make you pay for your on lunch breaks. Payroll will take forever to correct mistakes with your pay. During a dangerous storm in 2018 they management made security officers stay outside in the storm which could have cause them bodily harm. Which shows that they do not care about there employees.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Overall poor company management

Not a pleasant work environment

Worked there 2+ years and other than the abhorrently low pay & unsatisfactory working conditions, the management had completely mistreated me over the years.I felt like I had no support and no real advancement opportunities. Any promotion was only a very minimal increase in wage while keeping their employees well below the poverty line.Also not willing to negotiate scheduling so I could work another job to help supplement my abysmal income with US Security Associates.

U.S. Security Associates, Inc. insights

Based on 1,090 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

It was a great company to work for

The company was a great company to work for it give me 3 weeks vacation and I was always happy with it and it always gave its break half an hour break it was a great company overall allied universal is a great company

Pros

The company paid for lunch

Cons

The company gave half an hour lunch break

Only good

Great place to work, they are very special in every way! The hours, the schedules, the coworkers, the benefits, the locations, all in all great work environment!

They throw to the Bronx when you live in Manhattan

The pay is bad. The sites are bad. And they don’t drug test which is the reason people apply to them in the first place. The females don’t get in trouble no matter what they do. No benefits at all.

Great Comapny

I worked at this company for just about six years and they have mdt all my expectations. Very flexible and depending on location always some overtime.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Mostly easy job, biggest issues is that the place is often understaffed and the supervisor/captain is expected to figure it out or do themselves.

If the place stayed properly staffed, the work was a breeze. Manage employee schedules, do paperwork, keep an eye on incoming vehicles, occasionally deal with a disgruntled employee. When understaffed you might be working doubles.

Pros

Easy, solitude, lots of down time.

Cons

Pay is bad, benefits were a joke. Short staffing can be horrible of the supervisor, dealing with conflict is not a skill many people have.

Great experience, met a lot of great people, management could use some improvement

Not terrible, management could use some improvement. We had good people working there. Pay was okay, never any issues. Bonuses during Holidays, although I guess it depends where you are located

It's a job.

If you need a paycheck look no further. Don't expect much. With most security companies you can work a wide variety of schedules for the lifestyle you may need.

Mediocre company at best.

This place has its pros and cons. But needs improvement in many key places. Managers speak in an unprofessional manner on mistakes and make assumptions. Quality of training is poor and then you’re expected to be held accountable when you were not even aware to begin with. High expectations but POOR pay. And expect to work 12 hour overnight shifts. Do not believe when they say you will have set schedule. They are really good at selling the job.

Pros

Paid lunch. Lots of hours and overtime.

Cons

No direct deposit; paper checks, Poor training, Unprofessional management, Last minute shift changes, Slow to get licenses they offer

Average working conditions but good job

Like all company's there are good and bad days. Very low pay and sometimes longer hours due to lack of help. Low pay for the weather conditions we worked in and not the best weather gear. Too heavy and smelly rain coats and light short work jackets.

Pros

Not a hard job if you do it right.

Cons

Too low of pay for working in the cold and rainy days

Horrible company

My pay was always wrong and had to argue to get it. Pay sucks and no raise whatsoever.Glad I'm done with them and I advise anyone thinking applying for them to stay away

Pros

Cons

Everything about the company is a con

No direction, lack of employees

Overworked most days. Management did not care that we had crazy hours where sometimes we would only get around 8 hours in between shifts. Pay was not worth the lack of time off. Did not enjoy my time there.

Pros

walked a lot

Cons

no benefits, no direction

Nothing good

Made me work more and more it was an easy job sure but no matter how easy a job is family comes first us security doesn't get that they would be late with checks and you would have to go to work even though you hadn't been paid for the past two weeks work as soon as I got a chance I bailed

Pros

Just do a round and check in trucks

My experience with US Security Associates Inc

The good thing about US Security Associates Inc is it has good health insurance if you can afford to Pay it! But the bad thing about US Security Associates Inc is It doesn't pay you enough to afford the insurance they offer, it pays you to much to get sooner care or anything like that you're limited to how much over time you can work and if you work over time your check will never come out right and either you have to wait until the next pay check to get paid or they will never pay it and give you the run arounds on it! You don't get any personal days off after two years of working with them you can get paid vacation otherwise you won't get any vacation time at all some times you work nights if you at a place you can't leave your post you don't get a bathroom break or lunch break cause they don't have one on site for the Security you have to tough it out if you're put at that site.

Not a good trusting place to work

We never got our pay on time. When worked games we never got our pay on time. Our checks would be shorted time.We threatened and turned company into unemployment

Pros

Cons

Pay was never right

No room for advancement

Management is not organized, they only care about their contracts not their employees. Low pay, unaffordable employees benefits, it’s crazy. Go somewhere else.

Pros

Paid breaks

Cons

Extremely low pay

Decent starting job

Horrible pay but a lot of Over time if you want it. But there’s no advancement and fighting for a dollar raise is like World War III. Overall decent place for first security job.

Pros

Hours/OT

Cons

Pay

The good snd more opportunity to learn

A professional Company. But needs more training to Supervisors. People to be absorbed on the basis of education and needy to work. Asus. Also the main concern is a better pay

Pros

Free lunches and transport facilities for employees as the pay is low

Cons

Short breaks and health care

Not a good place to work

This company is terrible from the top to bottom... They do not pay a fair wage training stinks and the managment does not care about you at all and there is no future at all...... Stay far far far away!!

Pros

Not many

Craptastic

If you worked here, you might be paid correctly once or twice, after that good luck. Had to keep constant track of my hours or theyd short me by as many as 35 out of 72 hours worked per week. Zero work-life balance. Work a 12 hour shift, thought youd be off in tine to spend time with wife and kids..and low and behold, your relief didnt come. Now you were on for another 12 hiurs, because no one ever came before that, if they did it was usually some poor supervisor that had been run ragged trying to keep up with the same stuff from other sites. Zero expectation for promotions. This company just flat out stunk.

Pros

Lots of free uniforms, little tracking on how many you got.

Cons

OT frequently forgot to be paid for. Constantly being relieved 12 hours after scheduled off time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Security Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Security Associates, Inc..
Powered byComparably

Compare U.S. Security Associates, Inc. with

• U.S. Security Associates, Inc.
  • Pay & Benefits