U.S. Space & Rocket Center Employee Reviews

Maybe if you work in the space camp side it is good but under the accounting department sucks.
Cash Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2018
They only care about them self they will use you until you get burned out. They tell you they are going to give you a raise and then don't. People that are not in management are nice.
Great Place
Simulation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at USSRC. The pay was low, but you have plenty oppurtunity to add hours to your shift. Very laid back, but also very professional. I'd definitely go back!
Pros
Cons
Pay
Fun, Unique Space
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 6, 2018
This is a great place to work. You meet and work with kids and adults from all over the world. Everyday is an adventure. The nursing folks are professional, work well as a team and they are fun people!
Pros
Awesome information on Space, Robotics and Aviation
Not Recommended
Registration and Hospitality Associate (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2018
The coworkers are awesome because we're all a team but management is all for self. The pay doesn't match the amount of hours that some employees are given. If we're scheduled to work eight hours, we usually don't work half of that. My schedule is always 10-4 but I'm sent home around 1:00 everyday.
It's a cafeteria job.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35805June 4, 2018
We would often deal with up to over 1000 campers all wanting food, for about 3 hours. It goes about as well you can imagine. They make a mess, we would clean it up and keep serving food.
Pros
Free Food
Fun and interactive environment.
Cashier/Museum Guide/Gift Shop (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2018
A great place to work if you enjoy learning about different scientific categories as well as interacting with children of all ages. Can tend to be a fast pace job during the summer which is its busiest season.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
Hourly wage
n.a
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 2, 2018
was terminated due to my background came back with a charge i didnt have prior to working there and i ask to be off for court and the manager decide to resubmit another background check
N/a
Trainee Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2018
This job is what you make it. There are some days that I come in and, leadership is confused about what is going on, trainees are having bad days, and it just seems like the day is DRAGGING! But then they are days were it was GREAT SPACEY DAY
It's okay if you have little to no bills
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2018
Firstly, the Space and Rocket Center is a cool/ relaxed place to work if you do not want to do any hard working labor. If you are a person who lives at home with their parents or possibly a roomate, then this would be the job for you. If you are living on your own with no outside help and your rent/ bills are pretty expensive, I say DO NOT even waste your time!!!! You feel as though you are working hard but they paychecks you recieve do not reflect your work. For 8.50 hourly, you are better off finding another place of employment!
Pros
Relaxed setting, overtime
Cons
low pay
Enjoyable work, meeting astronauts, space program employees, & Saturn V engineers serving as museum docents
Museum Guide (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 14, 2018
Rewarding work-w/lifelong-positive impact/Super management/Inclusive workplace culture/Unique facility/programs preserving past/present/future STEAM/Space Endeavors.
Pros
Discounts on lunches and gift shop purchases
Cons
Low hourly wages, limited advancement opportunities
Fun place to work, get ready for stressful situations every shift
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and the people on your team. I would always have fun with my teams, and the fun co-workers made it even better. But there were many team scheduling issues, stressful situations, and problems that didn't get properly communicated up the ladder.
Pros
Awesome co-workers, free breakfast/lunch/dinner with team
Cons
always stressful, management doesn't communicate with each other
Wonderful kids programs and experiences
Director of Aerospace Operations (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 21, 2018
Stretched budgets and difficulty getting things funded. Lots of emphasis on a few programs while others suffered.

Management was average. As with many organizations there were good and bad.
Pros
working with kids a nd great staff
Cons
Dated facilities, equipment and limited funding
Fast paced exciting work environment
Space Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2018
If you like working with kids this is the perfect place. I arrived with no knowledge about what I was supposed to be teaching and was an expert after two weeks of training. The management and other employees are very fun to be around and make job duties very clear to you.
Fun place to work.
Robotics Technician and Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2018
The hours are great and the staff is very nice. The management team is extremely helpful and are willing to teach you everything you need to know. It's a great place to work.
Great Environment
Museum Guide (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 4, 2018
Wonderful team, in my department and in others. Upper-level management shows more interest in money than anything, as may be expected in a company but there would be less turn-over if this were corrected. There are many opportunities for advancement but it would be great to have more full-time positions and raises available.
it was fun and you met different people everyday
Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 30, 2018
great job! it got hard at times because I worked as a dish washer and when we had hundreds for kids it was stressful. its a nice place to work and the management was cool.
Best job I've had
Space Camp Crew Trainer; Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 17, 2018
As a Crew Trainer, you work hands on with all the trainees every day. Getting to teach children new things, seeing them understand, and even get excited about it, is so rewarding.
Fast-paced
Cash Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2018
The cash control department was awesome. It could be very fast paced with long hours, or there could be long stretches of low activity. Every penny that comes and goes through the center, goes through cash control. Nearly everyone is temporary, part-time. There is no set quitting time in cash control. We left when the job was done in the evening.
The hardest part of the job was trying to balance at the end of day. Every penny has its place and has to be accounted for.
There are rules and regulations and certain ways to do things when dealing with that much money. And life is much easier for everyone if everyone follows those rules.
Pros
Loved the challenge of that job and not having to deal directly with the public.
Cons
The center is opened 7 days a week with the exception of Christmas and Thanksgiving, I did not like working weekends.
Good Starter Job
Position (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 7, 2017
Great place to develop skills for moving up in your career. Lots of required hours that can make personal life difficult, but if your lifestyle allows that, it is a good place.
Good for college
Museum Presenter (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 11, 2017
If you are a college student and you need a job that is very flexible it is definitely for you. If you can handle kids and have patience, this job is for you.
Pros
Very flexible with hours.
Cons
kids can drain you after awhile no matter who you are.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.4InHerSight Score

1.3Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight