U.S. Venture, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
This place Sucks
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNApril 5, 2018
Honestly management only cares for the employees that will kiss there butt. They don't care about hard working employees. Worst management team ever!!! I've worked hard here for 6 years and I feel like I've wasted 6 years of my life. I will never advance here because I'm not buddy, buddy with management
Pros
Medical Insurance
April 16, 2018

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with us. We would like to better understand your concerns—especially given your tenure with the company. All team members have a voice at U.S. Venture, and we want to ensure that you have an opportunity to share more about your experiences. Our People Resources Team works tirelessly to make sure everyone feels comfortable, safe and confident in the workplace; we encourage you to contact us at HR@usventure.com if you wish to continue the conversation!

Worst mangment ever
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNApril 3, 2018
Us auto force used to be a fun place to work...but then they slowly pushed all the good people out the door...and mangment does not care.... Honestly the most unprofessional place I have ever worked..they will hire anyone several people from the half way house right out of prison...honestly I don't even feel safe working here anymore
Pros
Good health care
Cons
Everything else
April 16, 2018

We appreciate the time you took to submit a review, and you should know we take your concerns very seriously. In recruitment, our goal is always to obtain the best possible candidate for a position. We respect and can appreciate that people come from different backgrounds and experiences, and our hiring process is not unlike other companies in that we require team members to successfully complete several pre-work screenings. Safety is our number one priority, and we encourage you to share any concerns you have with the safety specialist at your location. One of our values at U.S. Venture is caring relationships, which is centered on respect and kindness. If this isn’t something you’ve experienced at your location, we’d really like to hear from you. Please email HR@usventure.com to continue the conversation.

great high school part time job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIMarch 27, 2018
great place to work for younger people. Busy work, great atmosphere, friendly co workers. Pay isn't that great, but that's why a lot of younger people work there.
April 3, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback! Your mention of friendly coworkers is a point of pride as we do everything we can do make USV the best place to work – and not just for young people!  We’re glad you enjoyed the challenging projects, fun events and training opportunities while you worked with us. Our People Resources Team works hard to ensure our pay is competitive, but we’re always open to having a conversation about compensation so we can ensure we’re staying competitive in the marketplace. Thanks again for your contributions to the company and we wish you all the best in your education and beyond!

Great Benefits, loved the job. Left because underpaid
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 17, 2018
Loved working for this company, liked my customers,and the freedom to be a route driver, would've stayed but didn't feel the pay was up to par with other tire delivery company driver's
Pros
Great benefits, and Security
Cons
Low pay
February 27, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. We loved having you work for us as much as you enjoyed the work, and thanks to you—we kept customers happy! Please know that your feedback on compensation is very important to us and we’re open to having conversations about pay with team members so we can ensure we’re staying competitive in the marketplace. If you’re willing, please reach out to HR@usventure.com to share more. Thanks again for lending your thoughts on the time you spent with us!

Stressful work environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 22, 2018
Typical day would be collecting mail and opening invoices, documenting each invoice in a large thirty tab spreadsheet per category, checking for correct dollar amounts. Ordering computer parts as needed.
Pros
Free lunches
February 16, 2018

Thanks for making time to write a review. Team member satisfaction is very important to us, and we know that we have our own variety of a “fast pace” at U.S. Venture that is akin to our entrepreneurial nature and it’s not always a good first for everyone. We realize we don’t always get it right, but we’re committed to improving our culture every day! We also recognize the “drivers” behind the company’s success are our team members. Thanks for the time and talent you gave U.S. Venture!

The local management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 19, 2018
The local managers at the Roseville MN location degrade their employees. They promise pay raises to take new positions and then do not give the raise. They assign each driver the one route they don’t want. And all around bad attitude by the local management.
February 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to voice your feedback here. We strive to cultivate a climate of connectivity and compassion at U.S. Venture, and listening to one another is a critical step in that process. While we don’t always get it exactly right, we want you to know we’re committed to continuously improving our work environments. Please know that your input is very important to us and we’re open to having conversations about the challenges you’ve faced in the workplace, as well as compensation. We highly encourage you to reach out to your HR business partner or send an email to HR@usventure.com if you wish to continue the conversation!

Horrible job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Golden, MODecember 21, 2017
15 plus hour days, horrible management, no days off, unrealistic expectations, trucks were half empty, petty deliveries, would not recommend for anyone
Pros
Cons
everthing
February 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Listening to our team members is a critical step in our quest to cultivate a climate of connectivity and compassion at U.S. Venture. While we don’t always get it exactly right, please know we’re committed to ensuring competitive and safe workplaces. Your feedback is very important to us. Please know we’ll relay your input to the appropriate team members.

Was a great place to work until they started hiring lazy worthless people.
Worthless i guess (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2017
Was a great place until the new HR lady decided to inform all the "minority employees" that if they had any issues to make sure they stopped and talked to her. Would have been a great place except for a few people that didnt have the nerve to fire who needed to be fired. They were costing the company over 20K a day but noone cared because they were the minority and we cant fire them. If you decide to work there just go to work keep your mouth shut and you will be fine.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Being sued by the minority employees is all they care about now
It was a nice place to work.
Picket (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2017
Us Venture was a good company to work for. The job was seasonal. The people were good people to work for. The hours vary from 40 to 50 hours per week.
February 16, 2018

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! Thanks for the time and talent you gave U.S. Venture!

n/a
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIOctober 12, 2017
Ability to learn new things; however, struggled with a healthy work/life balance.

Seemed to be a lack of communication between corporate and outlying office locations.
February 16, 2018

Thanks for your review! From volunteer paid time off and a matching dollars program to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we do everything we can to meet team members’ work, lifestyle and personal needs. We take pride in taking care of our team members, and our responsibility doesn’t stop at the end of the work day. Thanks for the time and talent you gave U.S. Venture!

unrealistic expectations and over working a short staff
Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 7, 2017
a typical day at work is dreadful nothing goes how its supposed to and upper management plays dumb as to why, event though you can see that we clearly need to hire more staff the lifting tires and drums of oil are the hardest part and the moral of the place is just sad. the only good thing is the amount of time off and its full benefits
February 16, 2018

We are grateful you took the time to share feedback. Culture is a work in progress at every company, but we strive to cultivate a climate of togetherness and kindness at U.S. Venture; we are always looking for ways to continuously improve our work environments. The benefits we offer team members is something we pride ourselves on, and we’re glad you agree! Please know that we are open to having conversations about the challenges you’ve faced in the workplace and highly encourage you to reach out to your HR business partner or send an email to HR@usventure.com if you wish to continue the conversation!

Family Oriented Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work. The company has a solid reputation with in the community for their work in the local area and their efforts to be a progressive and family oriented company.
February 16, 2018

We’re glad you’re part of the team! Giving back is a part of the company’s DNA, and we truly value the commitment of our team members to our communities! From volunteer paid time off to our matching dollars program, we do everything we can to meet team members’ work, lifestyle and personal needs. Thanks for your contributions!

Beautiful company
Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 6, 2017
The work environment is wonderful, the building is beautiful and so is its location. The workers are all very friendly and welcoming. I’ve worked in companies where i felt like i was just a number but here everyone is appreciated. U.S. Venture also has a lot of events going on throughout the year that are really fun. Every summer they have a golf outing for charity that is rather impressive and a blast to go to
February 16, 2018

We are grateful you took the time to write a review, and we appreciate knowing you enjoyed your time at U.S. Venture. We’re always looking at ways to keep team members engaged – from training and development opportunities to the fun and creative wellness activities. We are happy to hear you recognize the connections, collaboration and compassion taking place in our workplace. Thanks again!

Great place to work with Independent Dealers
Business Consultant - Tires, Parts & Equipment (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 11, 2017
Work face to face with dealers to grow their business.Work with customers in their business to make them more profitable & to gain more of their market share.
Pros
Be a good partner in your customers business.
Cons
Duplicate e-mails daily.
February 16, 2018

We appreciate your review, and we’re glad you’re a part of the team! Our business has surely grown and evolved over the years, but thanks to team members like you, our customers always remain front-and-center. Thanks for your dedication to finding a better way and fighting to own that competitive advantage!

Productive and fun workplace
IT Assistant & Service Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIDecember 21, 2016
Working with the help desk provided me with a collaborative work experience. The culture was more of a fun and laid back working environment.
Biggest career challenge I ever had, most positive work place experiene I ever had
Controller (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 3, 2016
Biggest career challenge I ever had, most positive work place experience I ever had. Very fast pace, management very supportive. Division sold, position eliminated. Would return if an opportunity that makes sense existed.
Pros
Support, culture, goals, pace, relationships, monthly performance reviews
Cons
none for right people
Productive and respectful company to work for.
Customer Financial Services Internship (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 29, 2016
I truly enjoy working for this organization. I feel valued as an employee and useful in my departments. I truly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the team.
Pros
Fun environment.
Cons
n/a
Working at US Venture
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Combined Locks, WIJanuary 23, 2016
A very good company to work for. Pay is subpar, however many of the people you work with are very nice. They treat the worker/employee well and are about you the individuals advancement.
Pros
Flexible schedules, great perks
Cons
underpaid, misallocation of tallent, very passive company culture
Design Air has problems due to recent merger. It will take time to iron out
Inside Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIJanuary 12, 2015
Answer the phone for inbound calls for orders also outbound calls.
Service the counter for walkins.
Training was ok but the computer was a mess due to the merger
Management was nice and easy to work for.
Co workers were all nice and helpfull.
Hardest part was working with the new computer systems with many problems.
Enjoyable part was getting to know the customers and helping them.
Pros
Helping the customers with there needs and providing a service.
Cons
Working with a computer system
Good Place to Work!
Class B driver (Former Employee) –  Roseville MNMarch 15, 2013
Do your work, management leaves you alone.Management, some emotional problems. Management not consistent in working positions. Lets try this, lets try that. No long range plan. Now out of work. OK pay, good 401k.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Venture, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.