U.S.VETS Employee Reviews

The hardest part of this job
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIAugust 20, 2019
the work this company does is amazing and I really enjoyed it, however ethically the company itself was not what it was made out to be. People that were less qualified for the position of case manager were given the opportunity to advance and the ones with more knowledge was paid the worse.
Horrible management
Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2019
Top administrators are thugs who worked their way to the top and don't care about the "worker bees". Past supervisor had a 40% turnover and send several people on stress leave and the company DID NOTHING!!
DO NOT WORK HERE.
Still employed, but . . .
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 25, 2019
While I am still employed at this company, I am tempering this review accordingly. I have observed continual turn-over of administrative staff, and an "elusive" employee pay computation that is NOT as straight-forward as presented at time of hire (though the company CLAIMS it is "legal"). The population worked with are: veterans who have multiple issues (e.g. mental health, substance abuse, chronic homelessness), and VA (who this company contracts with) is VERY POOR in screening veterans who clearly need HIGHER LEVELS OF CARE.
Mental Health Intern
MENTAL HEALTH INTERN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2019
I was only there as an intern and can't really speak to the benefits they offered, however I did notice a high turnover rates. There was also very high caseloads for the workers.
Horrible
Nope (Former Employee) –  NopeJune 18, 2019
If your not part of the click they treat you awful! Management don't care about those vets they only care about getting grants and treating employees like scum on the bottom of your shoe.
Pros
Cons
Everyrhing you can think of!
fast paste
Permanent Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 28, 2019
It's a fast paste environment but this company is geared toward assistance Veterans re-establish their lives. They assist families, conduct family events and fund raisers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
hard and fast paste
Fun educational workplace
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 17, 2019
This internship was great. I was able to learn all the skills needed to be an effective case manager and help the homeless. I was able to learn of a lot of resources in Washington, D.C., Maryland , and Virginia that I still use with clients today.
Pros
I was able to gain a scholarship that I was able to use for college
Cons
It was a short lived program in AmeriCorps.
It's work
VETERAN SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 23, 2019
The job itself has many layers to it. There are days were it's nonstop on the go and then there are days of major downtime. Hands on, and requires a keen separation of boundaries with clients.
Pros
Great perks or work
Cons
Constant turn over
Fun work environment great staff and having the benefit of working wit the elderly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 27, 2019
Great company to work for. Great pay as upon working with the elderly while filing paperwork for them and making sure they took meds. We also went shopping for grocery while shopping for house supplies
Great place to work if you have a love for helping people.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2019
Great company to work for if you have a love for helping people. Great management. Fun group of people to work with despite the caseload of clients you have to assist on a daily basis.
Awesome place to be and work for...
store cleerk (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HINovember 8, 2018
enjoyable work place, the staff is like family, great work ethic, introducing more things for the vets to do to get them busy...Education is an important part of the learning experience here and was much needed as an on sight tool...Great place to be...
Unstructured
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIOctober 30, 2018
They were trying to revamp the entire agency and because of lack of communication and the goal for restructuring the agency. The co-employees were very nice and helpful. The culture, veterans, were very nice however, since the agencies history had been unstructured they were finding it difficult to work their program. I would say the hardest part of my job was the lack of communication and no one understood my job, so I had difficulty having my questions answered and/or the same solution. The most enjoyable was working with the veterans counseling and helping them obtain the best services in which they were in need of.
Pros
Helping and empathy of the management
Cons
Lack of communication and struggle between the private sector and non-profit sector
Great for a volunteer job
Volunteer Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NVOctober 14, 2018
I helped while I was staying there and it made me feel great.I worked in the kitchen at first as a dishwasher then I was moved to the front desk I enjoyed both.
Pros
a great chance to get started all over
Cons
Can't stay there for long time.
i love what i do
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 8, 2018
its a fast pace and some times slow work enviornment
i learned so many different skills and how that there is a bunch pf resourcs out there to help the vet
the management is amazing they are very friendly and willing to help you with anything that you need
i love everything about my job i love working with people
i love the fact that i can easily make someoes day with helping them with any need they may have or with a simple greet and a smile
Pros
there is a ton of resources to help the vets
Cons
its not a permanent position
Horrible
Program Enrollment Coordinator (GPD) (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 28, 2018
I learned a lot but management was horrible they treated the veterans badly and talked bad about them they also treated the staff just as bad I would not recommend anybody to take any positions at that company.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
mistreated veterans and workers
Not a productive work place.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 21, 2018
No safety procedure in place. Management threatens employees. No annual raise. No place to grow. Does not focus on the clients but focus more on the numbers.
Company as whole
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Alta Loma, CAAugust 21, 2018
As a company that works so hard for these US veterans, they work magic for them to get them the resources and to help their needs. This company shows so much family love within co workers every month there is a appreciation luncheon. They have OUTSTANDING benefits and take care of their employees.
Pros
Great benefits, support from your peers
Cons
Don't really have none
I enjoyed the Vets!!!
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
The vets that come are regulars so you get to develop a relationship with them and they are really a bunch of sweethearts. It's rewarding in the job!!
It was not a good fit for a person with my experience
Assistant Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2018
This was a temporary position for me and the pay was less than minimum wage. It was not enough to support me or my children. It was what was available at the time.
Pros
The earlier you arrive in Morning the earlier you could leave in 8 hours
Cons
Poor Management
Great place to work.
Program Manager; Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waianae, HIMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time at this agency, helping homeless veterans was a great experience. The staff shows sincere concern for the clients and their dedication to serve those who have served this country is well received.