UBS Employee Reviews

Found 1,218 reviews matching the search See all 1,779 reviews
Fun place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 19, 2019
Overall, a fun place to work. Promotions are harder to come by, but the European culture bleeds through to the US. Early days to align to central Zurich hours, but typically are able to leave a bit early to account for the early mornings.
Great company culture
Graduate Talent Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 14, 2019
I have enjoyed my time at UBS. I started here as an intern and then was offered a full time role. I love the culture at UBS. Many higher-ups are open to meeting with all different members of the firm , even interns.
Avoid UBS. Dead end jobs.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2019
I didn’t understand how bad it was at UBS until I left. If you’re a young professional looking to develop skills and form a career path this is not the place for you. Individuals can see through the lies of management and leave after about 1-2 years. Career mobility is almost non existent. If you have absolutely no other options and want to work in finanace I would give it a look, but avoid if you can. I work for a different financial firm now make about 50% more money, communication is 10x better, and career mobility is openly discussed. Turnover is a big problem so they’ve resorted to hiring unqualified older individuals (50+yrs old) for entry level jobs. Pay is not competitive and you’re not rewarded for working hard. I worked directly with a guy who has busted his butt for 15 years and they treat him like trash. That was my sign to get out.
Pros
UBS name looks good on resume
Cons
False hope from management
Fair environment
Director - Senior Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2019
The group and functions no longer exist within the firm. At the time the work environment was fair and challenging. All employees were capable and productive.
Good summer internship experience
Wealth Management Advisory Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2019
Nice team I worked with and learned a lot. Worked as a summer intern and built a strong foundation. Would like to work at UBS full time in a similar role.
Great company
Client Sales Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2019
Good company to work for. Highly competitive and great compensation. I had a great career at UBS and would highly recommend working there. Many opportunities to grow.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Highly competitive
Good environment for a big bank
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 25, 2019
UBS was growing quickly while I was there. Never could quite get it together before markets turned. Internal Kleptocracy kept large part of the bonus pool unless you were guaranteed. Got cleaned out in 2008
Productive workplace
Client Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJFebruary 20, 2019
I went into UBS after college. I’ve matured and learned a lot but now I need a change. Hopefully I can find a new challenge. UBS has a great work environment.
Internship Review
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2019
My internship here was very enjoyable as I was fresh out of college. I was not burdened with cold calling, prospecting or having to hit any sort of revenue goals. Advisors were helpful and gave great insight.
UBS Financial Services
Wealth Management Associate (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 19, 2019
UBS is a wonderful company to work for. They have outstanding benefits. Management team genuinely cares about the development and well-being of their people. Very limited opportunities for growth and development at the branch level, however many opportunities available at corporate level (Nashville, Weehawken).
Best Employer I've had so far
Financial Planning Internship (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 18, 2019
I don't have much work experience, but out of the work experience I have UBS is the best place I've worked so far. The individuals around love to teach you and guide you to becoming the best Financial Advisor you could possible become. Remember to stay humble and do what is right by the people.
Overall good place to work and benefits
BoA (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 17, 2019
Experience depends on area of role but overall company compensates ok and offer great benefits.

Some managers would benefit from leadership/coaching development.
Pros
Benefits and work/life/flex/remote work alternatives
Cons
Hard for working moms. Cons: Must network with senior management to get promoted or be truly valued.
N/a
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2019
UBS had a great business model focusing on the clients with the highest new worth. They are geared for handling the largest to the smallest of client's financial planning needs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work hours
Security sales
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIFebruary 11, 2019
Soliciting new accounts in financials & insurance. Maintaining changing sales goals in difficult markets. Enjoyed developing & maintain new clients accounts.
It is what you make it
Investment Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2019
UBS is large and disorganized with several different initiatives at once. Each team is unique and varies. Management turnover was an issue at my first role with Ubs. Within my first 2 years I reported to more than 5 managers, each managed differently. In my last role with UBS I was surrounded by amazing people and an awesome boss. Type y guy, hit goals, get it done, hands off but supportive. Layoffs from the higher ups in Switzerland decreased headcount in my division by 30% however half of the desk I was on was laid off. Job security for UBS Americas should be a concern when looking at UBS. Management seems to be focusing on increasing shareholder profits by cutting headcount...
Pros
good people
Cons
Swiss ran
No Advancement or room for growth
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJFebruary 7, 2019
The salary is below market rate, bonuses are terrible in Finance Technology, unstable department, Poor Management and lack of advancement. I do not recommend joining Finance Technology at UBS
Pros
Flexible working, HSA plan, Medical, Dental, 401k
Cons
Poor Management, unfair compensation, no room for advancement
UBS Work Enviornment
Associate Director Campus Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
Great Place To Work- Very Fast Paced- Very Friendly Team- Great MGMT- Great Eniviornment- Great Leadership- Very Respectful, and leaders lead by example. Great Work Life Balance
Job Satisfaction
Sr. Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2019
I enjoy my work at UBS. I am an industry veteran with 25 years in financial services. I have also worked for Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch. What makes my days are the people I get to work with in my branch. The culture at UBS is pretty good.
Cons
Too long to get 4th week of vacation
Great starter job
Client Service Associate in Call Center (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2019
I’ worked for UBS 12 years ago. It was a great starter job. Allowed me to grow and get ready for my next opportunity. Salary best then but I have heard they are more competitive now.
Not a great working environment
Securities Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 29, 2019
Did not care enough about employees, in my experience. Management not interested in investing in their employees. Reasonable hours. My coworkers were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss