UBS Employee Reviews

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search See all 1,634 reviews
Implementation Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work. Great salary. Colleagues were great and we looked out for each other. We helped each where needed and covered during days off and early leave.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Some late nights
My years of service are testimony that I liked the environment and the people
Director - Risk/Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJOctober 10, 2018
Good working conditions, hired the right people for the job. Senior Management communicated the goals and let everyone know what was expected. Had a clear Mission statement for moving the firm forward.
Biased and sexist company
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
Management is biased and sexist. They walk around promoting a work life balance and flexibility and do exactly the opposite. It's a male dominated work place and they truly believe that women who have kids should be a stay at home moms.
Terrible culture for women
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2018
I received excellent training thanks to a commited manager. Many smart people hired, but the company struggles with retention issues. The company is highly respected in Europe.
Pros
Great bonuses, global interaction, travel possibilities
Cons
IT systems, bureaucracy, poor gender ratios
Historical firm with modern vision
Overnight IT Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2018
Solid management and co-workers. Expert veterans help new hires. Effective communication on a regular basis. Strong financial knowledge and breadth of product offerings.
Pros
Highly organized company
Cons
N/a
I learnt a lot at UBS interms of the compensation and promotion and evaluation of the same.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 25, 2018
Being a part of the generalist group helped me understand all aspects of HR in a big organization like UBS which was very different from my previous experince.
Middleware/Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 24, 2018
it's an great place to work. The management is always speak to the team.
it's great team working place and allows working from home. the communcationis good
high quality professionals
Associate Director/Conduit Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
we all new our job responsibilities which carried out without much management. goals were clear but lots of room for creative problem solving and collaboration.
Pros
great cafeteria, professional competitive atmosphere
Cons
Management from a distance - Zurich
A good place to work.
Associate Director/ Securities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2018
A good place to work and good benefits. The typical day is very busy and the workplace culture is good. You are able to learn a lot and work with good people.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work-life balance
Solid company to work for if you're in a production capacity
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Challenging work/life balance with generally very good people working there. Swiss brand of wealth management has re-surfaced after 9 years of relative autonomy. Very strong intellectual capital provider.
Pros
Well capitalized, global presence, generally the right size to compete in all major areas
Cons
Very poor work/life balance with a lack of direction in the Americas
My review summary of UBS
Associate Director, Wealth Planning Sales Desk (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Working as a Wealth Planning Specialist involved handling an extensive amount of incoming and outgoing calls to our financial advisor teams. The calls could be very simple, relating to financial planning software navigation, or complex sales and strategy issues, covering a myriad of topics. Throughout my time there, I was able to effectively assist advisors with multiple financial planning topics, and bridge together the disciplines of financial planning and investment management. The hardest part may have been some of the repetitiveness and redundancy of explaing certain topics, but that was far outweighed by the ever-changing tasks that I was faced with every day.
Pros
An extremely knowledgable staff, very easy to work with
Cons
Inability to rapidly advance, due to lower headcount
Great place to work and get started in finance
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 17, 2018
UBS is a great place to start if you are looking for a finance career. There are plenty of job advancement opportunities once you pay your 18months of seniority within your starting role.
Dont work here
AML (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2018
This position is somewhat dehumanizing. You are treated like a number and the quality of your work is meaningless as the only thing that matters is pumping out as many cases as you can during the day. It is also very difficult to feel respected or trusted in any capacity here as only certain projects allow you to actually submit your own work, as QC will make unnecessary edits to innocuous items such as word choice or sentence structure to remove personality from your narratives and create a cookie cutter paper that you are required to blindly submit with your name on.
Fun, exciting place to excel
Trade & Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 10, 2018
They treat their employees like family. Giving them chances to learn and excel in their careers. Advancement within the firm is available to those who want to move up in the company.
Pros
Free lunches, work/life balance
Cons
Only HSA health plans
great company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
one of the best places to work for in the finance industry because of the high ethical standards and culture
literally great training
great people and culture
Pros
culture training exciting days
Cons
long hours over time stressful at times
Productive and great colleagues
IB Cost - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 9, 2018
My time spent of UBS was a great experience. I have development my professionalism and knowledge to move my career further.

The best part working for UBS was the ability to think on your feet and work independently.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Sometimes long hours
Great first internship
Group Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
This was a great company to have my first internship with. The employees seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs, and everyone is always raving about the company culture. Thankful to UBS for giving me m first "real world" experience and hopefully I can get a job with them post graduation.
Top Global Wealth Management Firm
UBS (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 6, 2018
Top global wealth management firm with strong commitment to solutions for ultra/high net worth families and corporations. Resources are thin considering revenue produced.
Pros
Benefits, cross collaboration opportunities
Cons
continuous restructuring and management changes
Intern
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
Cold calling and sales intern. I did not learn much about how the financial management industry works. Just cold called all day long. very boring. Needed a lot of coffee to stay awake
Great place to learn, busy environment
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJSeptember 6, 2018
Fast paced, structured corporate environment. Very busy with a lot of opportunities to learn. A lot of employee perks. Great maternity leave packages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss