UBS Employee Reviews

Found 1,186 reviews matching the search See all 1,706 reviews
I had a manager that was a closet micro manager
Senior Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 17, 2018
It was a competitive group that I worked with. In a big company like that there is a lot of chatter. I made a lot of friends here which was the hardest part about leaving.
Good Workplace
Authorized Officer (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 11, 2018
This compnay is really great workplace and have great benefits, 401K compensation. People are really passionate about the work that they do, and I have found them to be open to discussing new ideas and trying new things. Staff really put in the effort to get things done and care about the results.
Not a Big Fan
Director Card Program - Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 10, 2018
Worked for UBS for several years. Did not like the management. There were constant lay-offs and the moral was very low. I wouldnot recommend the company.
UBS Intern
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2018
Work was boring and unorganized. Wanted better more challenging projects to work on. Employees did not want to train me to help out and just did there own work.
UBS is Productive and Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 27, 2018
UBS is good company for work with. Working environment is friendly. Lot of opportunities for onsite learning. Location is perfect on Hudson river, in good weather you can walk on river front.
Productive work place
KFORCE (CONSULTANT) (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 20, 2018
Able to work independently, good atmosphere to work in, my managers are great and very understanding as long as you meet the quotas. Would love to be a permanent employee.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
did not hire me
UBS is great firm overall
Software Engineer, Mainframe systems developer (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 19, 2018
UBS is great company overall
It is one of the best Investment Banks in the world
UBS employees have all opportunities to grow and learn
The best employees are usually promoted
UBS provides great benefits to their employees
UBS Management is excellent
great place to work
Associate Director, Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 16, 2018
come in work leave

learned how to do my job and more so about AML concerning wealth management.

Well managed - not enough staff so overworked.

UBS has a great work culture and strives to reach the best solutions for their clients.

commute and internal surveillance systems need updating

The work itself and the camaraderie between the co-workers
Very demanding environment
REMOTE ACCESS SYSTEMS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
Working here was very demanding, but time off and life work balance made it worth it. Middle management was inept, but upper management was OK. Always a fear of being offshored, though, so that was not comfortable. Compensation was good.
Another European bank with lots of bureaucracy
Director - Global Wealth Management - CTO (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 9, 2018
If you can tolerate bureaucracy and useless red-tape also able to navigate the corporate politics between old generation with out-dated skills, mainframe age and young cocky fresh grads with big egos and no experience you might like it; also forget about meritocracy and fair/balanced management style.
Typical day, fun environment/workplace
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 8, 2018
No day is the same in the financial industry, which I enjoy. Everyday looks different in that different tasks are at hand, and depends on clients needs and the advisors needs. The culture of our office was very laid back and enjoyable. Management was not easily accessible which was a challange at times. The co-workers all supported one another and that was very positive.
Pros
Every one was reliable and hard working, and hard work was always acknolledgewd
Cons
Management was not accessible
Great learning experience
Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Manasquan, NJNovember 8, 2018
Management is very forthcoming and willing to walk you through everything you need to know as an intern. Given a clear outline of projects and duties with guidance along the way. Great learning experience to hone financial skills and knowledge.
Great place! Great People!
Receptionist / Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 6, 2018
Management was generous and encouraging. The workplace culture was professional and relaxed at the same time. I learned to multitask and enjoyed helping the financial advisors in whatever way I could.
Pros
Dinners away from the office, 5k fundraisers
Cons
Being tied to the phone
Compliance
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 6, 2018
Highly Bureaucratic, slow moving environment. Almost non-existent advancement and lateral opportunities for personnel located in most back office functions.

Culture is extremely stodgy and timid: Milton would be considered a model employee.

Front office peers report significantly better lifestyle/culture/opportunities.
Banking Layoffs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. I was working here during the countywide banking layoffs - yes, I was layed- off. The people were fun and very processional.
a decent place to work
Director, Head of Quantitative Investment Risk (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 4, 2018
UBS is a decent place to work. The workplace culture is similar to that of other companies. Overall policy is determined by the Swiss. Benefits are similar to those elsewhere.
Company
Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2018
UBS is an excellent company and excellent employer. I enjoy working there and find the colleagues to be very help, and encouraging. I like that they give back to the community and support local charities.
Challenging work environment
Authorized Officer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 31, 2018
If you are looking for a place that will challenge you for advancement, UBS is the right choice for you with their rigorous requirements for advancement and management to enforce them. There are a number of frustrations that come with working for a large firm which is striving for excellence from its employees, this includes the possible ignoring of qualified persons for promotions.

Not a bad place to work, but it can be frustrating to get that promotion.
I wish they paid more
Treasury/Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJOctober 28, 2018
I would have still been with the company had they paid their good employees better salaries. Other than that, I truly enjoyed the work environment and there was always a happy, positive, productive atmosphere.
Intern
Summer Intern Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJ 07932October 25, 2018
Interning for a SVP - Financial advisor was extremely fun and I learned a lot. He helped show me the ins and outs of the industry and implored me to explore on my own. Stress-free and minimal busy work, truly wanted me to learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight