UBS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,099 reviews matching the search See all 1,583 reviews
UBS had a wonderful culture that well suited financial specialists.
Client Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2018
I was very happpy to gett the position that UBS offered me. I worked in an industruy that realies heavily on your contacts within a community and I was coming into Nashville, not knowing anyone but my daughter. I was happy to secure a job with benefits and good enough salary but the job was not suited for me. I have been working to strengthen my skills in education which is where my heart is. The change I made at UBS had more to do with what I was looking for then UBS not providing a satisfying workplace. Margie
Pros
dedicated chilren's advocate
Cons
struggle at times wiith some technology
Overall a great place to work!
Temporary Part time (Former Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAAugust 9, 2018
My role was to clean up their client database and ensure dates were set in the system to contact clients on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. The UBS group I worked with were awesome.
Pros
Flexibility
Great Place to work
Associate Director - Mutual Fund Administration - (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Lots of overtime and work which I thoroughly enjoyed, Lots of room for advancement. Met a lot of very good people and learned a great deal while at UBS
Pros
management, training
Fun Place!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
Best Overall. No complain!. They are best for everything! Job Work/Life Balance. Compensation/Benefits. Job Security/Advancement. Management. Job Culture.
Great place to start career
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
Benefits have been cut and cost cutting will continue in the future. That said, it was a great place to work with great colleagues for many years. Nice to travel and to work from home as needed.
Poor management makes working here stressfull
Senior Assistant Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 1, 2018
Management at UBS promotes a culture of everyone for themselves. My branch office was superficially friendly, but very unpleasant overall. Management skills are terrible.
Pros
I had a nice office
Cons
Just about everything else.
Largest Investment Bank in the World
Market Maker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 1, 2018
Great place to work...largest trading desk that I have ever been on or seen. Over 800 people working on a trading floor that was larger than a football field. It's a shame it didn't last longer!.
Pros
Great company, great guys on the trading floor.
Cons
Management was a little short-sighted and reactive instead of proactive.
Not The Place to Work
CLIENT VALUATION S ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 1, 2018
They were moving jobs outside of the tri-state area to a new state and offered no incentive for relocation. The benefits and compensation were mediocre. The last bonus received was about 0.71% of an annual salary.
Pros
Nothing Really
Cons
Long Hours with No Compensation, Bad Management
Executive Assistant / Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I worked at UBS for 21 years. It was a wonderful experience. I looked forward to going to work every day. As does everything, cultures change and after 21 years, I decided to pursue other options.
Excellent
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2018
UBS is an excellent place to work. The location is kept very clean and secure. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Benefits are competitive. Hours are flexible in some positions.
Pros
Fair pay, interesting work, good relationships
Cons
ambient office noise
ONLY take a sales position
Support Staff Position (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2018
Poor Management who are unorganized and afraid to make decisions. Very busy with personal activities. Plays favorites

Lack of Job Security unless you are a producer

Awful Technology for a Large firm or any firm, systems would go down everyday. Some are outdated from the 1980's and 1990's and still the same Paine Webber

Politics are in the workplace for who advances and who does what work.

Cost cutting on everything down to a computer mouse.

NO BONUSES for any support staff

Compensation is average including raises no more than 5% max

401k match is good

Health Coverage is okay but only has high deductible plans
Pros
401K match 6%
Cons
Poor management, Awful Technology, stressful environment
I was there 31 years...
Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 25, 2018
Position eliminates. I liked my job however they just simply let me and my coworker go
I am very good with people and my manager liked me. The corporate folks make the decisions.
Awesome work experience
Trade Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
A typical day at work is challenging but great experience, always dealing with problems that involve more than one person and sometimes getting push backs.
I've learned how to read and interpret Corporate and US Treasury Trades.
good place to work
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
good place to work for young people starting out their careers. opportunities to learn from senior mentors and refine your technical skills (i.e. PPT and Excel).
Doing the work of others
Relationship assistant (Former Employee) –  Park Avenue, NYCJuly 23, 2018
I would never recommend any professional work in the wealth management area of UBS. I would never recommend any person invest their hard earned assets with or in UBS.
Pros
Cons
Not enough time in the day (to list all).
Overall Good Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greater LondonJuly 23, 2018
Good work life balance and promote flexible working. Plenty of opportunities to meet senior management who are supportive in developing people's careers and further education.
Compliance Analyst Ops & Risk Control
Compliance Analyst Ops & Risk Control (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 17, 2018
No long there just a yes on contract, UBS would not extend or place me as a fulltime employee due to budget issues.

It's a very rigid culture and work environment.
Company full of mostly good people, yet leaves much to be desired
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 14, 2018
The culture in the office is very flexible and laid back. I can't say that I ever encountered any sort of disrespect. Most employees were very professional and I met a lot of good people, many of whom I am still friends with to this day. It is also an incredibly diverse work environment, in all respects - race, age, religion. Kudos to them. Much respect.

However....

In terms of any sort of career advancement, training, opportunities, etc., this is not the place to be. To cut a long story short, most people become pigeon-holed. While there are those that are complacent doing the same role day in and day out, I encountered many intelligent people who were very obviously overqualified for their position. Whether the management was oblivious to this or simply overlooked it, I cannot say. What I can say, however, is that there are many talented people to learn from here, just not the place to showcase your talents nor have them recognized.

All in all, I enjoyed my experience here. It was a great start. However, I would say the laid back and welcoming culture can lull one into a sense of complacency. My recommendation would be that it's a great place to work and advance or learn new skills, yet far from a place to retire in.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Diverse Work Culture
Cons
Unequal pay, limited advancement
Great global work environment
Group COO (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2018
Spend your day talking with teams throughout Europe and then Asia in the evenings. Management focused on larger picture issues and expects layers below to execute with precision. Lots of internatational travel.
Pros
Global, travel, smart peers
Supportive and stable
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
UBS was incredible when I was diagnosed with severe brain swelling due to meningitis. They accommodated the lighting at my desk and worked with me on all aspects of my work, schedule and training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight