UBS Culture reviews

great place to work
Associate Director, Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 16, 2018
come in work leave

learned how to do my job and more so about AML concerning wealth management.

Well managed - not enough staff so overworked.

UBS has a great work culture and strives to reach the best solutions for their clients.

commute and internal surveillance systems need updating

The work itself and the camaraderie between the co-workers
Another European bank with lots of bureaucracy
Director - Global Wealth Management - CTO (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 9, 2018
If you can tolerate bureaucracy and useless red-tape also able to navigate the corporate politics between old generation with out-dated skills, mainframe age and young cocky fresh grads with big egos and no experience you might like it; also forget about meritocracy and fair/balanced management style.
Typical day, fun environment/workplace
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 8, 2018
No day is the same in the financial industry, which I enjoy. Everyday looks different in that different tasks are at hand, and depends on clients needs and the advisors needs. The culture of our office was very laid back and enjoyable. Management was not easily accessible which was a challange at times. The co-workers all supported one another and that was very positive.
Pros
Every one was reliable and hard working, and hard work was always acknolledgewd
Cons
Management was not accessible
Great place! Great People!
Receptionist / Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 6, 2018
Management was generous and encouraging. The workplace culture was professional and relaxed at the same time. I learned to multitask and enjoyed helping the financial advisors in whatever way I could.
Pros
Dinners away from the office, 5k fundraisers
Cons
Being tied to the phone
Compliance
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 6, 2018
Highly Bureaucratic, slow moving environment. Almost non-existent advancement and lateral opportunities for personnel located in most back office functions.

Culture is extremely stodgy and timid: Milton would be considered a model employee.

Front office peers report significantly better lifestyle/culture/opportunities.
Banking Layoffs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. I was working here during the countywide banking layoffs - yes, I was layed- off. The people were fun and very processional.
a decent place to work
Director, Head of Quantitative Investment Risk (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 4, 2018
UBS is a decent place to work. The workplace culture is similar to that of other companies. Overall policy is determined by the Swiss. Benefits are similar to those elsewhere.
Rather chaotic
BRANCH SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 25, 2018
I liked my job was interesting but there was a lot of Politics. UBS had some investment problems at the time and had lay of some of its people due to a downturn in the company.
Pros
Good working location
Cons
low pay to political
Middleware/Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 24, 2018
it's an great place to work. The management is always speak to the team.
it's great team working place and allows working from home. the communcationis good
high quality professionals
Associate Director/Conduit Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
we all new our job responsibilities which carried out without much management. goals were clear but lots of room for creative problem solving and collaboration.
Pros
great cafeteria, professional competitive atmosphere
Cons
Management from a distance - Zurich
A good place to work.
Associate Director/ Securities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 21, 2018
A good place to work and good benefits. The typical day is very busy and the workplace culture is good. You are able to learn a lot and work with good people.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work-life balance
great company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
one of the best places to work for in the finance industry because of the high ethical standards and culture
literally great training
great people and culture
Pros
culture training exciting days
Cons
long hours over time stressful at times
Great first internship
Group Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
This was a great company to have my first internship with. The employees seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs, and everyone is always raving about the company culture. Thankful to UBS for giving me m first "real world" experience and hopefully I can get a job with them post graduation.
Poor management, FA's unorganized and rarely in office
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 30, 2018
Working in the Chesterfield, MO office was the worst work experience of my life. Management and HR are absolutely a joke, only concerned about the FA's. FA's and management can break every rule in the book while treating employees like absolute garbage and not be held accountable for any of their actions. Worst work experience of my life (did I say that already?).
Pros
A few nice coworkers
Cons
Poor management, hostile environment, no accountability, depressing culture.
Fun Place!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
Best Overall. No complain!. They are best for everything! Job Work/Life Balance. Compensation/Benefits. Job Security/Advancement. Management. Job Culture.
Poor management makes working here stressfull
Senior Assistant Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 1, 2018
Management at UBS promotes a culture of everyone for themselves. My branch office was superficially friendly, but very unpleasant overall. Management skills are terrible.
Pros
I had a nice office
Cons
Just about everything else.
Executive Assistant / Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I worked at UBS for 21 years. It was a wonderful experience. I looked forward to going to work every day. As does everything, cultures change and after 21 years, I decided to pursue other options.
Excellent
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2018
UBS is an excellent place to work. The location is kept very clean and secure. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Benefits are competitive. Hours are flexible in some positions.
Pros
Fair pay, interesting work, good relationships
Cons
ambient office noise
ONLY take a sales position
Support Staff Position (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2018
Poor Management who are unorganized and afraid to make decisions. Very busy with personal activities. Plays favorites

Lack of Job Security unless you are a producer

Awful Technology for a Large firm or any firm, systems would go down everyday. Some are outdated from the 1980's and 1990's and still the same Paine Webber

Politics are in the workplace for who advances and who does what work.

Cost cutting on everything down to a computer mouse.

NO BONUSES for any support staff

Compensation is average including raises no more than 5% max

401k match is good

Health Coverage is okay but only has high deductible plans
Pros
401K match 6%
Cons
Poor management, Awful Technology, stressful environment
Compliance Analyst Ops & Risk Control
Compliance Analyst Ops & Risk Control (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 17, 2018
No long there just a yes on contract, UBS would not extend or place me as a fulltime employee due to budget issues.

It's a very rigid culture and work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UBS.