UBS Culture reviews

Found 308 reviews matching the search See all 1,634 reviews
Middleware/Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 24, 2018
it's an great place to work. The management is always speak to the team.
it's great team working place and allows working from home. the communcationis good
high quality professionals
Associate Director/Conduit Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 22, 2018
we all new our job responsibilities which carried out without much management. goals were clear but lots of room for creative problem solving and collaboration.
Pros
great cafeteria, professional competitive atmosphere
Cons
Management from a distance - Zurich
great company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 10, 2018
one of the best places to work for in the finance industry because of the high ethical standards and culture
literally great training
great people and culture
Pros
culture training exciting days
Cons
long hours over time stressful at times
Great first internship
Group Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2018
This was a great company to have my first internship with. The employees seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs, and everyone is always raving about the company culture. Thankful to UBS for giving me m first "real world" experience and hopefully I can get a job with them post graduation.
Poor management, FA's unorganized and rarely in office
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 30, 2018
Working in the Chesterfield, MO office was the worst work experience of my life. Management and HR are absolutely a joke, only concerned about the FA's. FA's and management can break every rule in the book while treating employees like absolute garbage and not be held accountable for any of their actions. Worst work experience of my life (did I say that already?).
Pros
A few nice coworkers
Cons
Poor management, hostile environment, no accountability, depressing culture.
Fun Place!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
Best Overall. No complain!. They are best for everything! Job Work/Life Balance. Compensation/Benefits. Job Security/Advancement. Management. Job Culture.
Poor management makes working here stressfull
Senior Assistant Investment Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 1, 2018
Management at UBS promotes a culture of everyone for themselves. My branch office was superficially friendly, but very unpleasant overall. Management skills are terrible.
Pros
I had a nice office
Cons
Just about everything else.
Executive Assistant / Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
I worked at UBS for 21 years. It was a wonderful experience. I looked forward to going to work every day. As does everything, cultures change and after 21 years, I decided to pursue other options.
Excellent
Retirement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 27, 2018
UBS is an excellent place to work. The location is kept very clean and secure. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Benefits are competitive. Hours are flexible in some positions.
Pros
Fair pay, interesting work, good relationships
Cons
ambient office noise
ONLY take a sales position
Support Staff Position (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2018
Poor Management who are unorganized and afraid to make decisions. Very busy with personal activities. Plays favorites

Lack of Job Security unless you are a producer

Awful Technology for a Large firm or any firm, systems would go down everyday. Some are outdated from the 1980's and 1990's and still the same Paine Webber

Politics are in the workplace for who advances and who does what work.

Cost cutting on everything down to a computer mouse.

NO BONUSES for any support staff

Compensation is average including raises no more than 5% max

401k match is good

Health Coverage is okay but only has high deductible plans
Pros
401K match 6%
Cons
Poor management, Awful Technology, stressful environment
Compliance Analyst Ops & Risk Control
Compliance Analyst Ops & Risk Control (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 17, 2018
No long there just a yes on contract, UBS would not extend or place me as a fulltime employee due to budget issues.

It's a very rigid culture and work environment.
Company full of mostly good people, yet leaves much to be desired
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJuly 14, 2018
The culture in the office is very flexible and laid back. I can't say that I ever encountered any sort of disrespect. Most employees were very professional and I met a lot of good people, many of whom I am still friends with to this day. It is also an incredibly diverse work environment, in all respects - race, age, religion. Kudos to them. Much respect.

However....

In terms of any sort of career advancement, training, opportunities, etc., this is not the place to be. To cut a long story short, most people become pigeon-holed. While there are those that are complacent doing the same role day in and day out, I encountered many intelligent people who were very obviously overqualified for their position. Whether the management was oblivious to this or simply overlooked it, I cannot say. What I can say, however, is that there are many talented people to learn from here, just not the place to showcase your talents nor have them recognized.

All in all, I enjoyed my experience here. It was a great start. However, I would say the laid back and welcoming culture can lull one into a sense of complacency. My recommendation would be that it's a great place to work and advance or learn new skills, yet far from a place to retire in.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Diverse Work Culture
Cons
Unequal pay, limited advancement
Old line brokerage business
Director of Marketing for Investment Solutions (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2018
PaineWebber brokerage culture still seeps through. Weehawken, NJ is deadly drab, suburban and low energy. But, like other European banks, UBS may be finally coming out of the dark days.
Pros
Compensation was not horrible
Cons
Lackluster culture
ok
PRIVATE CLIENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
worked at ubs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible with work-life balance
Lots of smart people
Great benefits
Great location
Nice building

Cons

Because it's a bank there will be plenty of regulatory limitations to your work
Getting promoted is a bureaucratic process. If your boss and director do not push for you, you may not get promoted for a very long time
Certain departments have better culture than others. You'll need to reach out to individuals in those teams to figure out if it suits you

Advice to Management

Do a better job at promoting the right people who actually have been loyal to the company
Productive Enviroment
Director, FX & PM Derivatives (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
I a typical workday began early and ended late. The enviroment was fast paced and filled with highly motivated people. The culture was a friendly one.
Life
AML Investigation Specialist (FIU) (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJJune 4, 2018
I think that e can work correctly in UBS, for me it was very useful to have worked for 7 months of contract. I wish I could go back to work again permanently. I like your work culture. Thanks so much!!!
Great
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 3, 2018
Great company to work for. Always received mentoring from senior management as well as co workers. Compensation was great. Benefits were good as well
Productive fun place
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 31, 2018
Productive fun place to work. Good benefits package. Flexible work hours and environment. Good corporate culture throughout the company. Good training programs.
It was fun working with UBS
Senior Associate, Securities (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working as team player and I was senior associate there.
Very nice people I dealt with and clean atmosphere.
My bosses were very nice and helpful.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
We had good breaks
Life at UBS
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
I have worked at UBS for 12 years. I would not be considering leaving if it wasn't for the fact that I now live in New Jersey and need to find something closer to home. There are many benefits and perks to working at UBS.
Pros
Perks, benefits and overall culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss