UBS Culture reviews

Found 336 reviews matching the search See all 1,782 reviews
Great company culture
Graduate Talent Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMarch 14, 2019
I have enjoyed my time at UBS. I started here as an intern and then was offered a full time role. I love the culture at UBS. Many higher-ups are open to meeting with all different members of the firm , even interns.
Avoid UBS. Dead end jobs.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 10, 2019
I didn’t understand how bad it was at UBS until I left. If you’re a young professional looking to develop skills and form a career path this is not the place for you. Individuals can see through the lies of management and leave after about 1-2 years. Career mobility is almost non existent. If you have absolutely no other options and want to work in finanace I would give it a look, but avoid if you can. I work for a different financial firm now make about 50% more money, communication is 10x better, and career mobility is openly discussed. Turnover is a big problem so they’ve resorted to hiring unqualified older individuals (50+yrs old) for entry level jobs. Pay is not competitive and you’re not rewarded for working hard. I worked directly with a guy who has busted his butt for 15 years and they treat him like trash. That was my sign to get out.
Pros
UBS name looks good on resume
Cons
False hope from management
Great company
Client Sales Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 1, 2019
Good company to work for. Highly competitive and great compensation. I had a great career at UBS and would highly recommend working there. Many opportunities to grow.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Highly competitive
UBS Work Enviornment
Associate Director Campus Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
Great Place To Work- Very Fast Paced- Very Friendly Team- Great MGMT- Great Eniviornment- Great Leadership- Very Respectful, and leaders lead by example. Great Work Life Balance
Job Satisfaction
Sr. Registered Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2019
I enjoy my work at UBS. I am an industry veteran with 25 years in financial services. I have also worked for Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch. What makes my days are the people I get to work with in my branch. The culture at UBS is pretty good.
Cons
Too long to get 4th week of vacation
Great starter job
Client Service Associate in Call Center (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 31, 2019
I’ worked for UBS 12 years ago. It was a great starter job. Allowed me to grow and get ready for my next opportunity. Salary best then but I have heard they are more competitive now.
Collaborative and interesting environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2019
Consistent hours that allowed for a good work/life balance. It was easy to collaborate with fellow employees and there were a number of people who cared about the success of the interns in the program.
Pros
Fair hours and excellent work culture
Cons
No one ate lunch together, mostly individually at desks
Fun place to work
Director, Global Fixed Income Derivatives (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 31, 2018
Always promoted growth and learning. The pay was excellent. The culture was fun and something that you wanted to be a part of. I miss those days and the people.
I had a manager that was a closet micro manager
Senior Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 17, 2018
It was a competitive group that I worked with. In a big company like that there is a lot of chatter. I made a lot of friends here which was the hardest part about leaving.
Good Workplace
Authorized Officer (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJDecember 11, 2018
This compnay is really great workplace and have great benefits, 401K compensation. People are really passionate about the work that they do, and I have found them to be open to discussing new ideas and trying new things. Staff really put in the effort to get things done and care about the results.
great place to work
Associate Director, Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 16, 2018
come in work leave

learned how to do my job and more so about AML concerning wealth management.

Well managed - not enough staff so overworked.

UBS has a great work culture and strives to reach the best solutions for their clients.

commute and internal surveillance systems need updating

The work itself and the camaraderie between the co-workers
Another European bank with lots of bureaucracy
Director - Global Wealth Management - CTO (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 9, 2018
If you can tolerate bureaucracy and useless red-tape also able to navigate the corporate politics between old generation with out-dated skills, mainframe age and young cocky fresh grads with big egos and no experience you might like it; also forget about meritocracy and fair/balanced management style.
Typical day, fun environment/workplace
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 8, 2018
No day is the same in the financial industry, which I enjoy. Everyday looks different in that different tasks are at hand, and depends on clients needs and the advisors needs. The culture of our office was very laid back and enjoyable. Management was not easily accessible which was a challange at times. The co-workers all supported one another and that was very positive.
Pros
Every one was reliable and hard working, and hard work was always acknolledgewd
Cons
Management was not accessible
Great place! Great People!
Receptionist / Branch Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 6, 2018
Management was generous and encouraging. The workplace culture was professional and relaxed at the same time. I learned to multitask and enjoyed helping the financial advisors in whatever way I could.
Pros
Dinners away from the office, 5k fundraisers
Cons
Being tied to the phone
Compliance
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 6, 2018
Highly Bureaucratic, slow moving environment. Almost non-existent advancement and lateral opportunities for personnel located in most back office functions.

Culture is extremely stodgy and timid: Milton would be considered a model employee.

Front office peers report significantly better lifestyle/culture/opportunities.
Banking Layoffs
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Great pay and benefits. I was working here during the countywide banking layoffs - yes, I was layed- off. The people were fun and very processional.
a decent place to work
Director, Head of Quantitative Investment Risk (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJNovember 4, 2018
UBS is a decent place to work. The workplace culture is similar to that of other companies. Overall policy is determined by the Swiss. Benefits are similar to those elsewhere.
Company
Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 4, 2018
UBS is an excellent company and excellent employer. I enjoy working there and find the colleagues to be very help, and encouraging. I like that they give back to the community and support local charities.
Rather chaotic
BRANCH SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 25, 2018
I liked my job was interesting but there was a lot of Politics. UBS had some investment problems at the time and had lay of some of its people due to a downturn in the company.
Pros
Good working location
Cons
low pay to political
Implementation Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Weehawken, NJOctober 15, 2018
Great place to work. Great salary. Colleagues were great and we looked out for each other. We helped each where needed and covered during days off and early leave.
Pros
Great working hours
Cons
Some late nights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBS. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

52%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss