UPS Employee Reviews

Found 28,967 reviews matching the search See all 31,161 reviews
Ups driver helper holidays
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 21, 2019
It was fun working for UPS but for the holidays out pay should have been better than 10.36 an hour also it was freezing and very cold and icy, thats why i think our pay should have been greater especially for it being the holidays. The job wasn't to bad otherwise
Pros
get to sit while driving to place to place
Cons
cold weather
Productive Workplace, Hardly no full time is offered unless you are management
Administrative Assistant, Security (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 21, 2019
Ups is a good company and offers great benefits, however the workload is much, but they will not let you work full time or give you more hours until it is peak season. My guess would be that people stay for the benefits or stay because they are close to retiring.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
no full time
Stressful environment, low pay
Lead tactical supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILApril 21, 2019
UPS is an extremely poorly ran company that underpays all of its employees. employees are treated more like animals than human beings. Production numbers are raised beyond possibilities to keep employees fro reaching them
What you learn
Package handler/ Loader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2019
Fast paced enviroment. As long as you work with urgency ,you will not have a problem keeping up with workflow. Pay attention to detail and be a team player. The benefits are great. I just wanted the pay compensation to increase.
Pros
Benefits, good working enviroment
Cons
Heavy workload, compensation
warehouse position
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort lauderdaleApril 21, 2019
Not a bad company. However working in the warehause was an unpleasant experience due to poor management and supervision. Working 3 to 5 hours a day felt like working an 8 hour shift.
If I could I would have given zero stars
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 21, 2019
Don’t do it! Slave work at its best. Promises of advancement and more hours are nothing but lies. Management is the worst! I cannot stress that enough. They don’t care about the employees, breaks are pushed all the way until the end, if given any at all. I thought this was going to be an opportunity where hard work could pay off but I was only kidding myself. Honestly you’re better off working any retail/ customer service job that pays the current minimum,
Less probability of injury and you’ll probably be more appreciated. Run while you can is my advice!!!!!
Pros
Great coworkers is all I can think of
Cons
Terrible management, late lunches, salary, time cards always off, false promises of advancement, I could go on for days ...
Fast Pace Working environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILApril 21, 2019
Fast working pace throughout the entire work hours. Typical days will start off slow and gradually become more quicker pace as the day starts coming to an end.
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 21, 2019
UPS was a great place to work for me at the time. I never got into senior level management, so my opinion might be different had I gotten there as they work insane amounts of hours.
workplace
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 21, 2019
Package Handlers are responsible for the unloading, sorting, scanning, and loading of packages in the hub. They move a variety of packages and they process these efficiently for the warehouse operations. Package Handlers work in a physically-demanding and fast-paced warehouse environment, and they continually lift, lower and slide packages for the duration of their shifts. They work with conveyor and roller belts, inside the trailers, cargo containers and package cars. Shift hours can vary because of changes in package volume. Package Handlers will be required to work with slight changes in shift hours
Ups has a basketball court for employees that’s a nice thought
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Compton, CAApril 21, 2019
At ups I’ve learned to communicate with co worker better than ever.
Learned the basics of building walks with box’s and safety in a warehouse environment
Mangers are new to the job so there management skills are not up to par
management doesnt care
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, WYApril 21, 2019
most stressful job and high paced,get in fix what is wrong then leave,but must be in d.ec.r. and manager cant even be bothered with that,poor attitude these days for ups is cutting every corner of not needed cost like car wash,half time drivers cant even see out bug covered windows but want something for nothing
Pros
good pay, but thats all gone now
Cons
they are cutting every pennie not even mechanic can get new parts
Fast-paced and stressful
Transportation Clerk (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 20, 2019
The workload is stressful and overwhelming. No benefits such paid vacation, health benefits, and no paid time off accrued. Management did not lead by example on team player qualities.
Sucks
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 20, 2019
Work this job if your planning on going to college during it. It’s a fast paced environment and a great workout. You definitely don’t need to go to the gym.
Pros
Let’s you work as much overtime as you want
Cons
People suck
Pros & Cons of UPS
Primary Order Control (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2019
At UPS, I have met many wonderful people and have mastered many skillsets. However, management often bends protocol and lacks consistency. As a result, employees lack morale and goals are not met.
Pros
Great health insurance, friendly coworkers, SOME room for advancement
Cons
Long hours, not enough compensation, inconsistency
Ups
Safety, Production, Compliance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WA 98626April 20, 2019
You are just a number when working for UPS. They will replace their employees as soon as automation will allow. I have only one positive thing to say is I received a great deal of training on what not to do as a manager. I learned my management ethics by not following how to treat employees. I do not like the union politics but if UPS did not have a Union, employees would be at risk. They do teach management how to drive a workforce and at all cost follow the process.
It was alright
Seasonal / Part-time Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 20, 2019
at ups the hours were terrible and the nights dragged on forever. the pay wasn’t the best working 15 hour weeks at 15/hr pay making roughly 1000 a month but with taxes making less
Pros
nothing
Cons
going home
Love ups
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 20, 2019
I loved being a driver helper. I liked my routes and my driver!! I would meet up with my driver and head on our route. I worked out in the Sunnyvale center.
Great place to work, but still needs improvement
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHApril 20, 2019
The hardest thing to adjust with the job is the physical adjustment through the summer months, but the management, supervisors, and coworkers are helpful to each worker to encourage health recommendations (more water, stretching, and knowledge about what to do if heatstroke hits). The most enjoyable part is working with others and the allowance of music played while working.
It was alright
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 20, 2019
It was alright. I never intended to stay there for a long period of time. I needed funds to move away and focus on my true career path which is very different than anything i would do for UPS.
warehouse setting
Packer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2019
Ups is a great place to work for students and its very educational. The pay is part time but the benefits are great!! You are a member of the union and you get to move up based on training.
Pros
benefits benefits
Cons
only a 3 hour shift

511.2K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight