UPS Employee Reviews

quick environment , loud place, stressful
Preload Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
quick paced environment
excellent part time job

hahahahahaha
Pros
free water
Cons
short breaks
Fast-paced & Effective Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2017
As a Sales Associates I play a important role in retail establishments as they increase customer satisfaction and generate higher company revenues by helping clients purchase products. The most successful duties at a typical day of work include handling cash transactions, placing items on shelves, creating attractive displays, answering to customer inquiries, and reporting sales to managers. Essential skills include sales orientation, customer service, organization, teamwork and communication. There were no difficult parts to my job, but the most enjoyable time was interacting with customers.
Pros
Paid Lunch, 401K
Cons
Not enough hours worked
Fast work past. Early hours
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCNovember 20, 2017
UPS warehouse associate is not what I would call a desirable job. Benefits are good but the hours are not, typical start time is 3 am. I would recommend UPS to a morning person who would like to become a UPS driver.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
3 am start time
On Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OregonNovember 20, 2017
Management too many hours once you make salary. 70-75 hours per week. They preach about work life balance, but refuse to actually let their employees follow through
Ups Store
Sales Associate/Notary Public (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 20, 2017
The managers were mean and hypocrites. They gave us no benefits, even those working 79+hours bi weekly. They do shady things that are definitely against the law such as writing us personal checks instead of giving us our paystubs and an unpaid luch with no breaks. There is no opportunity there and it's unfair for the workers to be overworked and mistreated. No paid lunch, as a matter of fact, they make employees take it off their time sheet. The pay wage is non negotiable. They promised a negotiable pay raise if you become a notary for them, but it was a 50 cent increase no negotiations.
horrible
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PANovember 20, 2017
This was the worst job I had. The management were just mean to you if you didnt get the numbers they want. The work was way too hard for what they were willing to pay.
fun work place nice people
Lift driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2017
Fun job culture. Workplace everyone helpful. I learned how to work at a steady pace. Employees were helpful. Learned how to load and unload trucks. Job funded lunches.
Pros
UPS has a union.
Cons
weather cold/hot depending on outside weather.
Good company
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  大连市November 20, 2017
Good company I like to work here the stuff ate friendly also the leader. The job open my view. So work here is good experience.
I can learn different skill like community, problem solving skill.
Great growth opportunity
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 20, 2017
Fast paced stable schedule workplace. Great benefits hard work physically demanding work. Consistent work athletic work team work hard work strenuous work
Pros
Awards
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace; all too often detached from work life balance.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 20, 2017
Many times one can find themselves in a good working situation at UPS; however, work-life balance tends to fall by the wayside in terms of having to help other sorts or simply by "having to do it all" by oneself to achieve any adequate results in management. Difficult environment to be mentally sustained in.
Great comapny
Outbound Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sharonville, OHNovember 20, 2017
one of the best jobs ive ever had I regret leaving great culture great company they care about their employees good work steady job not very stressful
Pros
all
Cons
hard work
A good job for someone looking to work in a physically demanding enviroment
Pre-load Shift Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MANovember 20, 2017
A great work place for someone looking to gain experience working in a fast paced team environment that provides great benefits once you gain entry to the Teamsters Union.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Difficult to progress beyond part time
i learn alot from ups was hoping to become a driver.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTNovember 20, 2017
ups was a great please to work at. i worked inside as a package handler. my job duties was to measure and weight the packages and i also worked for them as a driver assistant.
Pros
great place to work for
Cons
was always cold
Easy work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2017
A place to earn extra cash and continue to work your day job. Not difficult and pretty well managed. A secure job with several career opportunities. Good luck.
The job was very fast paced and had a lot of responsibility (which I enjoyed being constantly on the go)
Ramp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 20, 2017
My review ratings may not have been expected due to my current living situation at the time. Was fresh out of high school had another job as well as full time school work and still living on my own independently.
Pros
Networking
Fast past, it’s a fun job, great work out, lists of benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 20, 2017
It’s a fast past job it’s fun but hard work it’s great if you want to get a 4 hour work out in! I had a great experience working there just not enough hours
Pros
10 min paid lunch
Cons
So man that boxes
A nice place to make quick money
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2017
This place is ok to work when just getting out of high school. And working hard is something that has to be done, over all I lost 7 pounds working there from all the lifting.
Fast paced and challenging
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILNovember 19, 2017
Working at UPS was definitely a growing experience. You are constantly challenged to adapt to different situations in a fast-paced manner. You learn to get a strong sense of time management and teamwork as you work together to get all the trucks ready for the morning.
culturally biased
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GANovember 19, 2017
bad company; great people . management not family friendly. Great time management the jobs are always exciting, and we are always tackling new challenges.
Very Face Pace Environment
Human Resources Consultant (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 19, 2017
The position is very demanding. A very face pace environment. I have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people. I travel a lot. The hardest part of the job is making changes at a second notice. You are given a small amount of time to react to changes.
The great part of the job is that You are feel that You are making a difference. It is not a boring very challenging.
Pros
Making Your own judgement decisions.
Cons
Changes made too often to react on a short notice.