UPS Employee Reviews

Found 28,407 reviews matching the search See all 30,592 reviews
Productive and busy
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 24, 2019
I liked working at UPS from the time I was there. I was well liked and always kept busy. It would be a job I would recommend to a friend or family member.
Pros
only 4-6 hour shift, got days off without hassle.
Cons
Pay wasn't very good and benefits didn't kick in until a year.
A decent seasonal job
Driver Assistant (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 24, 2019
Working as a Driver Assistant was an alright job during the holidays. While the hours where random and you get called in when they need you other task did get offered when not needed. The common one was to sort mail in their hub.
Pros
Well paid seasonal work
Cons
Random hours
I like it
Administrative Assitant small packages (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAMarch 24, 2019
Depending on your job title it can be stressful . You work at a good steady pace most supervisors are helpful and understanding . It’s goid for long term and also short term fir students. Pay is ok pay raise are annually. Benefits are good and union is supportive .
Pros
They have many shift hours available
Cons
Some supervisions might know the job but need more training in managing staff.
depends on the team you are on
Application Developer Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 24, 2019
Experience at UPS is going to depend on which team that you are on. I worked on simplified tracking team for a short stint and it was a very enjoyable experience with a relaxed team environment.
Racist
Ups driver/supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2019
They are racist towards minorities good benefits and pay to workers don't care about workers well being or safety management show favoritism union doesn't care about workers there just there to get a paycheck and that's sad if you don't kiss as they'll fire you they are very political work with crooked law enforcement they'll let you go for just about anything
Pros
Pay
Cons
Racist
I love UPS
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 24, 2019
For the hard work and the hours they need you there, the pay is decent but the benefits are unmatched. Everybody has a great attitude and is work-oriented. Management at my location is great and makes your wellness and safety a priority
Pros
Free benefits
Cons
hardwork
Great experience
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 24, 2019
I worked for UPS in the Industrial Engineering department for a very short time and it was a great experience right out of college. I was able to learn from some senior engineers and get great knowledge of how such a large operation worked.
Benefits
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 24, 2019
Good Benefits for part time work. They provide health insurance at no additional cost, a 401k, and pension options. The hours were good for me at the time, early morning.
Very physical
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 24, 2019
If you love to stay in shape while you work this is perfect! I enjoy physically demanding jobs over sitting at a desk. If I could of stayed employed more than just seasonal I would have.
Pros
Being outside
Cons
Only seasonal driver helpers are needed
Don't bet on going from part-time supervisor to full-time quickly!
Part Time Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 23, 2019
They lie about length of time for moving part-time to full-time
Don't expect to learn much from managers.
Even with a Master's degree and being top in the district, don't expect to move up in under 2 years!
Stay away unless you have time to be part-time for an extended length of time!
Pros
Good part-time pay and benefits. 3% 401k match. You learn a lot on your own. .
Cons
Dealing with lazy union employees that aren't held accountable, being lied to about the length of time for promotion, horrible leadership
Is a fast pace and hard work everyday
Loader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2019
If you like to do cardio a lot , this is the place to be, fast pace , timing is the key to be a good employee, hard work everyday , love it , there's always something to do while you at in the facility
Pros
Health insurace paid by UPS
Cons
short breaks
productive
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTMarch 23, 2019
i really liked this job because it got me out of bed and working really hard for something i needed like it was a easy exersise but i didnt like it cause we only had a 10 min break out of the whole time we were working
Pros
had a break room
Cons
short lunch
Great
driver helper (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 23, 2019
It was great working here. The schedule was flexible and the pay was great. We had lunch breaks and had some great times. Plus there are some great people working there.
Demands are too unrealistic
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 23, 2019
Upper management is all about making the stockholders happy instead of giving their employees realistic job loads. Their demands frustrate, anger and burn out their employees resulting in large turnovers. They have yet to learn that if they lessen the demands on their employees and hire additional employees to carry the extra demand that the company would have better load quality resulting in less overtime for drivers, happier employees resulting in less turnover. It is not rocket science!
the people I work with
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 23, 2019
I could take your day with OK just depends on how many packages have to be shipped that days it was OK some days overwhelmed and I didn't like that you didn't know what time you get off
Fun place to work
Pre Loader (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMarch 23, 2019
As a pre loader you are going to work your butt off especially during the peak season which starts after Halloween and goes through new years. If you do your job the right way then you will be rewarded for that
Pros
fun, quick paced
Cons
very busy
Productive company
DRIVER HELPER COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  CANTON,OHIO 44706March 23, 2019
Great people to work along with!I loved getting in there early to help the office ladies in whatever
They needed done.The manager was really polite
With all the customers in a business like manner at
All times.The hardest part of the job was the training because it was alot to take in,but once you get the hands on experience it all falls into place.
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
Sitting all day
Good benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2019
Good company and benefits if you can handle the stress. It’s a physical job but the pays is decent!
I was working overnight and for the full shift you’ll be on your feet. The work environment is very dirty but then again it’s a warehouse so that should be expected. The management is cool they don’t bother you unless you’re doing something you shouldn’t be. The hardest part of the job is getting used to waking up late at night to go to the city. The most enjoyable part about the job is listening to music and being able to talk.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
Degrading and discriminating towards senior P/T supervisory
Staff/Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 23, 2019
More benefit of traveling learning from the locations on new techniques UPS follows and promotes. More supervisory respect given to p/t supervisors no matter age. District managers should stand behind their supervisors more instead of worry about their own jobs.More classes of advancement and education should be provided and encouraged to take no matter age.
Most enjoyable part of this job is interaction with drivers and workers. Forced to retire due to heart attack and was told I could not come back to my original position even if cleared by a doctor.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
Lack of subordinate respect
Depressing work place.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 23, 2019
The people that I work with where temporary position package car handler like me. The manger said they where going to hire us that worked in the bad part of the ware house. The working environment was great we it came to the people that were tems 4 main hire but the rest of them didn't care. They promise us getting hire full time to make us work harder and to come in when ever they wanted us.Constantly ask them if we where going to get the job they said they didn't know. Work in the cold pouring rain unsafe work area on unstable plate form that had the light plunged in water was getting all over it though I was going to get electrified. They said keep working they are going to put in a work order in to fix the the problem they never did or care they got mad because of most of the people got sick and call out i still came to work the next day. The only way to get hired full time is to work as a tem if you kiss up even when the company is not providing safe work environment . If you think they going to hire you working as a driver helper they will not they just won't.
Pros
had some good coworkers
Cons
Management sucks

511K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss