UPS
68Average

UPS Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 1,934 reviews matching the search
Management and union workers definitely have different sides of the fence at ups. It’s a great place to work if you don’t mind that. Typically around good people the majority of the time
Feel like I was being targeted by the supervisor. He never communicate with me when & where I will be working (doing delieveries) for the day, so I didnt show to work. When I texted him that since they didnt return any of my calls, I will not show up and he messaged me immediately that me not showing up to work is gonna hurt operation. But! He never once return my call to let me know where I was going to be stationed at so I didn't know where to go for work...bad management. Felt discriminated..and very unorganized operations.
Pros
Breaks & lunches on your own time
Cons
Bad communication, bad management, no growth or culture
Management often times doesn’t have good communication skills and the trucks are freezing in the winter are the bad. The good is a rewarding experience when the day is done, pay and benefits are great and you get to work with very nice people.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Maybe its the high volume of packages being handle this time of the year but hubs can be a hot mess. I am a PVD and they send you to whomever needs help the most. Pay is good and they don’t get into your job unless you mess up. So far I like the flexibility and fast pace if the job. Drivers are really understanding and help you as much as they can but you have to understand that they always in a hurry and they are not there to train you
Pros
Flexible hour, pay, friendly drivers
Cons
Little to none training, need to figure things on your own.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
As a seasonal driver helper I didn't think that I would pick up things as quickly as I did but my driver's always took their time with me to make sure that I was safe and that I understood where I needed to be. I am very grateful for the time I was there I had so much fun and gained another family. Thank you for taking a chance on me ups.
Pros
You get to meet new people and see new place that you wouldn't even think about going in.
Cons
Some times you dont get off when expected
I worked as a PVD and was payed well. For a seasonal job it was ok. Management was chaotic but this was also during the Holiday Season so it was busy.
Pros
Left Alone to complete work
Cons
Sometimes unreasonable requests
One day of training and that's after having to ask for it. ONE of the supervisors/ employees were great which is the only good thing i have to say. Its been 5 WEEKS (pay is weekly) since I've started and still haven't seen a dime which they cant seem to give me a solid explanation for. They also lie about the probation period telling their employees its 3 months when its actually 5. I was also told that there would be masks and gloves provided to ensure our safety and did not see any of that what so ever. I was told as well from an employee who they actually decided to pay that hours are consistently missing from paycheques.
Pros
Great people, Great Supervisor
Cons
No money, Not paid, Unorganized.
I love this job. I want to be the best of the best delivery drivers. This job is a perfect fit for my life. Would love to be a permanent employee in the very near future
I have never been treated more disrespectfully than when I worked at UPS. Management is sneaky, dishonest and belittling. There is also zero work-life balance tolerated. You are at the company's mercy at all times and they don't care about employee's families at all. I can't believe I spent 22 years with that company.
Pros
Hourly wage, benefits and PTO
Cons
Treatment by management
It was only a seasonal job and it was hard in the back. A lot of heavy lifting and long hours, but the pay was very good. It was nice to be able to work at own pace, but you had to hustle or you'd be working all day.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Hard on the body
I loved working at UPS. I did not like the big boss he has an attitude problem, don't even know you / your name and will get on the wally talky yelling at you instead of understanding what the problem is. The job is beneficial, & my checks was close to a thousand every week. I love showing up every Friday! 😊
Pros
Get alot of hrs make great money
Cons
dealing w/customers who had animals
UPS is a very great place to work for. It will keep you motivated and up on your toes. There's never a dull moment while you are on the job. Time goes by so fast you don't realize you are at work.
Dont be lazy, dont be late. Amazing job with great benefits. Whatever your job is it's all an integrated part of a flowing system. Heavy lifting and the trucks are huge
Pros
People, pay, benefit's
Cons
They try to belittle the new drivers even when there killing the days and are graduate the driving phase. They expect so much more and are never satisfied. They will do anything to get you in trouble. They can tell you anything they want and we can file a grievance, which doesn’t do anything to them so they laugh at what they get away with. Awesome work but on road supervisors Are the worst
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Bad management, lazy, never want to help
Have an interview scheduled and just looking to learn more from others. Companies do a good job of making it appear like a good place to work but when you actually do work there, it's nothing like their claims. Just need peace of mind.
You don't really have a set schedule. You know when you start your day, but you never know when you are done. Even when you finish your route for the day you may be required to help with someone else's route. Your day could last 8 hours, or 14. You never really know until you are done. Regularly working 50-60 hour weeks. The pay is good, and you get paid time and a half for everything over 8 hours in a day, but it is extremely difficult to maintain a good work/life balance.
Pros
Good pay, good insurance.
Cons
Long days. Poor work/life balance. Often unrealistic expectations.
I really enjoyed working for UPS as a seasonal driver helper I work there for two seasons now and I'm enlisting for third one and I Look to do the same thing I did the last two seasons which was deliver packages to people on time and to be as courteous and display customer service like any other job and to show them that I care about my job performance as well as what other people think about me and I never felt like I couldn't do the job it was very doable and it's good exercise and it's good to see what other people go through just to make sure your packages are there at the busiest time of year which was between November and January the holiday season.
Pros
Free lunches if you did not have the money the first week out with a driver.
Cons
Having to take breaks at certain times or a second one if you worked 12 to 14 hours.
Work-life balanceHorrible Management and have to work blindly on your routesOverallHorrible Management! Treated like trash as you start by everyone above you. Hours are not guaranteed to start. Will throw you to unload trucks at 4am !
Work-life balanceI'm a person that when I work, my mind set is all about being professional, a hard worker, come to work on time, and prioritize my day and my duties.OverallWorking for UPS is a great opportunity for me and others who like working in a wearhouse setting or delivering packages. There is room for growth and opportunities.
Small center so everyone knows everyone. A lot of good people with good intentions, it’s a good job if you can handle the pace and tolerate the load at peak season
It is good , but you work under pressure , fast paced, stressful, heavy lifting, but it can be amazing for you , there are a cultural level in that company