UPS Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Found 510 reviews matching the search See all 27,101 reviews
International Area Sales Manager Associate
Area Sales Manager Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
I love working at UPS, great benefits, good career advancement. I've learned & developed computer skills which has been an asset to my skill set. The management team is very helpful on work place environment. Each job you advance in gives you good training. Being on time is a big part & having integrity which makes it a great place to work.
Pros
Being on time
Cons
Promotions
Awesome Place with growth
Warehouse Associate- Sorter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
UPS allows you to come to a place of work where you can grow and increase your opportunities. They have a lot of promotions with-in the workplace and provide benefits to all employees
Great comany to work for. Not any easy company to work for. There are very high expectations .
Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2018
A typical day with UPS Freight is from 7:30 AM to 5:30 pm. 7:30 to 8:30 is for planning an preparing for the day. Sales Call are made from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. 4:00 to 5:30 is for travel to office or home.
All calls are put in to Salesforce throughout the day. All emails and phone calls are made throughout the day. Involvement with problems that sales needs to address are handled throughout the day.
Direct contact with the Sales Manager is done on an as needed basis. You have to be able to work independently. The culture of UPS Freight is to sell value and protect and sell the brand. The hardest part of the job is dealing with churn and operational problems. The fun part of the job is securing new business.
Pros
good pay, Comapny car, laptop and phone. Working unsupervised
Cons
Having to take the heat when there are problems.
Culture driven, productive, innovative
401 HR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
UPS was an excellent company to work for and i enjoyed my years there. As in any job there were some ups and downs but the ups were more than the downs.

Great company and culture.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Work life balance, commuting, but improving
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2018
UPS offers advancements and training to grow within the company. Once you are employeed with UPS, there's no limit to the differnt promotions that they may offer.
Pros
Offers career oppurtunities and will pay for your education
Cons
Hot work enviroment
not the company you think it is
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
Benefits / pay are at best on par with other companies, I expected them to be better. Everything at UPS is treated like a crisis. The quality of your work is the last consideration when it comes to promotions/ transfers.
A very good place to work
Global Mobility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2018
Very good place to work, ability to promote from within; flexible hours and great work/life balance. Offered work out facility (fitness center) onsight.
Pros
Very good place to work
Cons
Slow on remote work.
There are no fun when your inside the warehouse.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2018
You have to be on time everyday, can not miss more than three days and you have to be very quick while working or the manager will approach you about the numbers of books you have not scan.
Pros
You have to bring your own lunch everyday
Cons
The breaks are not long enough to have lunch or rest.
pt operations supervisor
Frontline Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
Lots of full time supervisors telling you different stories .
No one has a definite answer for your questions, or time.
some are nice and some are not approachable.
simple questions seem like a hassle for them.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
different start times every day.
No opportunity to progress
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
I didn't work for the typical UPS warehouse/ delivery. I was at a UPS Store, which happens to be a franchise that offers no raises or benefits. The job was the easiest I had ever done and it was convenient for me because it was down the street from my University and they didn't stay open during late hours of the night. Although I got every federal holiday off, eventually not being able to progress wasn't cutting it. Its a really easy and decent job.
productive
Technical support analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
very productive and work management work place culture is good a typical day would be come in and start working on your project Finnish project start you on another one.
Pros
short hors
Cons
not good healthcare
Top Down Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Not a pleasant place to work. Employee morale is horrible, office staffing cuts are expected to begin in late 2018. Inflexible work schedules, top-down old school management style, and employees have to constantly justify their jobs.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Extremely low morale. job instability, bad management
Don't Go There
Intermediate Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2018
Missing leading info about compensation. Managers micromanage team. Managers speak of condescending and humiliating words. Work environment is horrible, share desks between employees and contractors.
Job Summary
Contract Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
The cleaning service I worked for, had a contract with UPS. The company always paid on time and was a pretty good, cleaning contract. The people there were always good to me.
Pros
getting off early
Cons
complaining about cleaning
Old school and very rigid
Senior Global Revenue Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2018
It really depends on the function and your manager as to your experience with the company. In operations I experienced very bad management. In corporate, management is friendly, holds rigid "old school" values, very helpful, however career development is extremely slow and mostly avoided.

The external MBA hires have the best positions. Highest pay and visibility compared to their cohorts. The external MBA's also receive preferential treatment throughout their employment.
Pros
Stable, Work life balance is decent, work is easy
Cons
Management is really bad at career development
Fun place to work
Counselor for retirement benefits (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2018
UPS was a fun place to work and very family oriented. They were there for me when my son got seriously ill.

I enjoyed the time that I worked there.
Pros
Good healthcare, 401k match, paid weekly
exceptional organization
Data Analytics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2018
My experience at ups has been a good one. what I like most about UPS is the work/life balance. They focus on improving the overall business structure and ensure they are giving 100% customer service.
They throw you out there by yourself after like two days of training, brakes not long Enough for that much work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Good job , I would recommend it to anybody. You gotta eat before you go an keep a big jug of water because it be pretty hot inside those trucks. Thank you
Very productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Its was a easy job once I got the hang of it everything started moving smoothly nd the drivers was so kind nd they didn't mind helping u if u didnt understand
Overall Experience
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at UPS is busy. There is always enough work to keep one busy. I have concepts of Accounts Payable. The Management staff at UPS is laid-back and easy to work for. The workplace culture varies. Like any place of employment, there are good days and not so good days. As a contract worker, we are giving tasks that no one else wants to do. Training can be better. The hardest part of the job is getting proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job is the hours, the pay isn't bad, some holidays off, and sometimes the offer of over-time.

59.9K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

51%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss