UPS Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

nice job
UPS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2017
The pay is excellent .health care is 100 % paid with 100 %coverage...with exception to eye and dental which is about 70%..coverage...pension is outstanding..full package with wages and benefits is worth 130,000 yearly..without a college education I am grateful for the standard of living UPS HAS AFFORDED ME AND MY FAMILY!...and with 27 years of service I now get 6 weeks vacation with 8 sick days..and 9 paid …
Great internship experience
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
the company really cares about interns' experience. learned a lot about other departments' job through presentation. Opportunities to chat with the CFO and directors.
UPS - a good company with a good heart if you're willing to sacrifice work/life balance.
Instructional Design Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2017
UPS has relatively high integrity and their employees are dedicated. If you're willing to give up some work/life balance there are ample opportunities for advancement.
Review of United Parcel Service
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2017
A typical day of work is never set...an Unloader may be working almost anywhere in the building, except for loading a package car or a trailer. There isn't too much to learn at UPS, short of a zip code. Management isn't all that approachable in the upper echelon; the lower echelon is very approachable; they work hard as the people they employ. The workplace culture is different than what is advertised and advancement is slow, at best. The hardest part of the job is recovering from the night before, and the enjoyable part of the job is when you're not on the clock.
Pros
A job with somewhat decent benefits.
Cons
Company notorious for not taking care of their people.
Legal Dept (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2017
Great Company, always challenging & fast-paced, Global presence with diverse workforce. Large company offering different areas of expertise with ability to apply globally.
Fast paced
Preload Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2017
Great benefits. Decent pay. Job security. I've been a part time supervisor going on 10 years now and still haven't been promoted. It's time to move on.
Dramatically Changed Culture
Senior Manager - Projects (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2017
A once great place to work and call "home." No longer. Sliding down into obscurity over the next few years. Overall, attrition is high, nearly 22% per annum. Salaries, incentives, and bonus have drastically declined over the years; career advancement is non-existent for non-diversity candidates. Musical chairs is the HR strategy for career progression and planning.
Pros
Better benefits than most organizations offer
Cons
Management is awful, career advancement non-existent
Worst place I ever worked!
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2017
UPS is a place to work if you have no family, are okay being talked to like a dog and are okay being lied to and lying to others It is not the type of place for anyone with true values or care for others.
Pros
Good pay of you are management and amazing Benefit across-the-board
Cons
You only get breaks if you are willing to get a write up or go to the union, Krazy high turnover, a job for yes people with no self respect or values
Somewhat stagnet environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT STRATEGIC COST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2017
I was responsible for the same day-to-day tasks of answering the phone, mail distribution, and computer data updating. Management was good and workplace was sufficient.
Driver Helpers Way
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2017
I would meet up with my driver since it was temporary.
I learned the proper way to exit & enter the trucks without any struggling or problems.
Also I was shown around the facility but due to my experience with FedEx I wasn't interested in being a package handler.
Management was here and there, I barely saw them.
If I wanted to speak with a manager it was hard due to the fact they gave me a number an never answered the number.
The workplace was our truck so it was up to our best ability to keep it as clean as can be.
The hardest part of being a Driver Helper was a cold day.
The most fun Part of the day was seeing people I know in the area.
Good for most people
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
They have great managers and supervisors. However, depending on the building, you may or may not fit in. The only way to advance is through management. If you don't want management, then you are really, really stuck.
Pros
Nice bosses!
Cons
Not much advancement. If you don't fit in, you're in trouble.
Very productive
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
Typical day at UPS is being on time. Working from start to finish. Very physical work. Must be fast paced unloading trucks and sorting. Four to six hours daily of hard work. Work load very heavy and time consuming. Must be physically fit to perform duties.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Short lunch break
This is My Review summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2017
I worked for UPS for 18 Years, and I left in 1988 because my Husband I started our own used car lot. but I loved working for UPS, I started as a Switchboard Operator in 1970, where I answered calls transferred them to the proper people, and took messages. then I was promoted to Customer Service where I also answered calls and took orders for picking up packages for delivery, and sometimes greeted people with packages directing them where to take them to ship, then I was promoted to Next Day Air, where we coordinated the destinations where the packages were to be shipped by air and kept records and times for the flights
Pros
We had ample time for lunch, basically worked on our own, very good benefits
Cons
At that time, the mangers really didn't know our jobs
Productive and fast pace work environment. Extremely team oriented job, that had
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
-Received and Completed around 15 tickets a week for laptops and desktops that needed to be PC Life-cycled
-Achieving weekly service tickets helped our department reach our monthly PCLC goals
-Acquired PMT task to place in an EARS Report Transferred data from old PC's to the newly ordered PC's for employees in the highest positions at UPS Corporate headquarters.
-Delivered the new laptops to the user and install either on arm or docking station
-Provided valuable customer service to users via email or phone before and after making delivery of PC Lifecycle.
the truth
Material Handler/Package Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30336November 6, 2017
pay is not all that. hard labor and work. can be very stressful and painful on your body. management doesn't rally care for the employees and its like being a work slave for a little of nothing.
May be hopeful in the future
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2017
Company filled with people recommended by others, very few outside hires. Everyone you work with is there because of someone they know. Lots of nepotism, sons of VP's, director's neighbor's sons, etc. so there are many people in positions they shouldn't be in, making work difficult at times because the people you work with often don't have an adequate skillset. Most of management is close to retirement and have been working there for 30+ years so they don't really care about working towards a culture change for newer members. In terms of benefits, the salary is not competitive compared to other companies in the area. They need to spend more money revamping their hiring and onboarding process to better vet out candidates and align people with what they really want to do within the company.
Ups
Package Handler /Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA Pleasentdale (HUB)November 2, 2017
Hard work physically, mentally, and emotionally. I learned how to lift heavy objects safely.Some managers and supervisors were not employee friendly. The job is fast paced.
Pros
The pay is ok with benefits.
Cons
Hard work, fast paced, stressfull
Back breaking fast paced work
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2017
Long hot drenching days in a heated truck . working till i lost my breathe only to have a package fall on me because of my partners impatience .The breaks are short and the work takes a while to progress every dollar there is well earned.
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work and GREAT PAY
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Dispatched On-demand parts in NE. Ny, PA, MA, and ME. Fast Paced and any late packages were FREE. Every late delivery was brought up in our morning meetings and we were to answer why we were late.
Decent place to work
Social Media Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Always looking over your shoulder as management would make sure all employees were at their desk from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Old school UPSers were much worse than the new school UPSers.