UPS Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Found 385 reviews matching the search See all 28,466 reviews
Too Big To Fail
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2018
UPS is one of the most recognized and biggest companies in the world. Employees bear the cost of this growth and recognition in a ever higher demanding culture. High-stress, high-demand, high-pressure position with unrealistic goals making commissions unreachable. Company favors promotions within, resulting in mediocre leadership.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
High-Stress, Unrealistic Expectations
Horrible
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
The that are there do NOT follow any of the rules and regulations there, and it's an very unsafe work environment, holes in the dock metal rails in the ground are sticking out, the managers are very unprofessional and rude, A lot of favoritism. Hardest part of the job is the weather.It's an open dock (no door) so whatever the weather is like outside it's gonna be the same on the dock. The most and enjoyable part of the job is the paycheck. It's not the type of job that you can come to work and be happy that you are there.
Pros
Pay, healthcare.
Cons
Managers, Dock
Busy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Working at UPS was very fast paced and busy. I was package handler and this job was very stressful. I was unloading trucks which had big packages and small packages. I liked the job at first but then I had to resign because the job and school was just too much to handle at one time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You were sore after work
A good work force by getting the job done also with a workout in the process
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
Working at ups was different from the jobs I normally worked I liked it because I was able to work with out having to really speak to anyone also unloading or loading helps working a person out because you have to lift and squat in order to move the boxes
Pros
A good work out and being paid
Cons
Too hot on the trucks
I worked at a UPS Store
Supervisor / Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2018
Good place to work out of college...Great place to learn how to multitask and develop customer service skills. The pay is good for entry level if you are just looking to pay a few bills out of college.
Pros
Not a difficult job
Cons
Management politics
Fast Pace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Must be ready to work when you clock in until you clock out. Must show motivation to get the job done and get used to wearing boots.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
labor
Enjoyed working for UPS
Full Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for UPS. I started off as a loader and moved up to a full time supervisor in charge of a big area. New hires came and went because they were part time employees. Overall though, i enjoyed coming in to a new day because no 2 days were the same
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
different schedules
Work Environment
Plant Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2018
Everyone is friendly and helps out when needed. Management in PE really recognize their people but as far as operations they can do better. Overall a good place to work to learn how to run a business
Fun and comfortable work environment good energy
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
Have to work at fast paste but your always busy and it’s also a loud environment the breaks are 15mins bring your own lunch and there are Vending machines
Fast Pace
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2018
Ups will work you very hard at a very fast pace.Its challeging but also be fun .It also can be stressful but relieving.i learn how to lift at UPS.that now is helping throuhh life.
Over view of job
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2018
I honestly think the job was a great job to have if your more of a fast paced type of person and if you have great memory. Having the job is really worth it and meeting new people and getting advice is really helpful from the people that has been their for a good while.
It is a hard working job that goes at a fast pace
Loader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 24, 2018
It is a hard working job that goes at a fast pace, can learn to multi task provide good benefits there are plenty of ways to make more money and workout and lose weight
Good Employer
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2018
Overall UPS is a good place to work. I believe every company has its pros and cons. The best part for me is the opportunity I was afforded to learn multiple areas within my site.
Cons
Advancement opportunities are kind of limited depending on your position.
Great place to work, but can be stressful
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
ups is a great company to work for, but it can be stressful. Its a work friendly place with good management. The hardest part of the job is learning it.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Very Stressful
Fast paced
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2018
Very physical work, very cold in winter and very hot in summer. Fast paced work environment must pay attention to detail specifically in the case of what package goes to what dock.
UPS Stores are independently own and operated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
If the owner of The UPS Store is fair and nice then it will be a good place to work. The majority of The UPS Store owners are selfish and do not like to pay a fair wage. They expect you to do more jobs all the time but refuse to offer fair compensation.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
They pay minimum wage.
Great people in a professional environment.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2018
It seemed as tho everyday we had a goal to reach. While I would meet that goal i did feel they could have used our abilities to a more useful manner than initially stated in the interview.
Ups
Package Handler / Sorter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2018
I loved working at UPS. Everyone works together and get the job done efficiently. Although it is face paced and sometimes can be overwhelming, with heavy flow and packages, it's a good workout.
sorting scanning packing
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
I had good times at Ups i actually wouldn't mind going back. I had to leave because they didn't have any day time hours and I couldn't no longer work over night.
Pros
fast pace always work
Cons
supervisors always on you
Had a great experience
Chicago Illinois - driver helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
A UPS I was a driver's helper my responsibilities were to make sure my truck is loaded. make sure our packages are delivered on time.make sure none of the packages are stolen.help my driver deliver packages and pick up packages that are not supposed to be there. drop the packages off that supposed to be sent to Dropbox. Also see if we can do more than one truck with then 5 hours.
Pros
Meet new peolpe