UPS Employee Reviews in Chicago, IL

Driver
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 13, 2018
i just can't do package handler i need to be a Driver it was OK but not for me i can't keep picking up boxes so i don't know what to do or who can i talk to
Pros
boxs
Cons
good job
Great starting place
Sorter - Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Great for college and high school kids, freezing at the airport, need to know how to dress, many opportunities if you choose, have restiction on facial hair.
UPS Loader
Loader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2018
I've honestly only been at UPS for less than a week now. It's definitely an easy job to get, but this place does have a HIGH turnover. There was 30 of us in the beginning of the week and 3 people have quit already. It's more than likely more people will quit by the end of the week because this job is not for everyone.

My first day was meeting up in the auditorium and watching videos and going over all the safety procedures and properly lifting packages. I unfortunately got stuck being a loader, which I hate because I feel like I'd be better as an unloader.
I'm not a very physically active person. So even though I've only been training/loading for 2 days... my body is really starting to ache. I don't think I am the best at loading boxes into a truck, but I noticed my speed increasing after a few days. My problem is I build columns, and not T's as I was taught.
You only get a 10 minute break, which is very short, every job I ever had was always 15 minutes minimum.
I'm more on staying for the benefits they offer and the opportunity to advance to a part-time supervisor. So I would recommend this job if you enjoy the physical work or if you are in school because they offer tuition reimbursement, (earn and learn program starts day 1)
Pros
Benefits after one year, short days, Earn and Learn program, picking your own shift, management and supervisors are nice
Cons
Short breaks
Very Productive but Overwhleming
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
• Loaded trucks and ensured parcels were packed in delivery route order
• Unloaded trucks after route has been completed
• Placed mail onto conveyors for culling and sorting
• Checked items to ensure addresses were legible and correct
Physical workplace
Package Handler Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2018
This job is very physical with the amount of packages you have to unload and process in a timely manner. Part timers only get 10 minute breaks. Pay doesn't match the cost of living in Chicago.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
10 minute breaks and low hours
I love the workers at ups but the pay does not show how hard you work .
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
The pay at ups is a issue because night in and night out people work extremely hard to receive little to no money at all on there paychecks. The benefits are good though.
Fast learning and relaxed
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 21, 2018
I have nothing but good stuff to say about my old team when I was there, they were all great and I wish them all the best! My current boss is awesome and makes me feel like I’m his younger brother.
My direct supervisor guided me through the roles of my position and enhanced my skill set to perform ubiquitous and complex tasks with ease, if I ever have a question he’s always available to assist
Everyone is really friendly and will always try to help you succeed in your position.
place
UPS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2018
it hot in there every day the supervisor don't care about you the full time supervisor talk to the employees and part time supervisor any kind of way and everything is out dated
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
Fast paste work area! Some good people to work around if you get along well with others! The Pay SUCKS when you first start working there! Keep a clear & good mindset going into work everyday!
Great Benefits
United Parcel Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
Well in the little time i did have with ups it was very good . The pay was good and it was a great start for as UPS being my first job. I learned different skills and a lot of safety rules that i can use in my future .
Pros
Are supervisors had little snacks to keep us energized
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Pace,
Package Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2018
Fast Paced
Dfferent learning experience daily
Management can be difficult at times
Culture at Ups can be stressful
The hardest part of my job was unruly rivers
The part I most enjoyed abut my job was the customer service aspect
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Hard to grow
Fun fast paced job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
Basically i had to scan 300+ packages a day with a device that's provided for you, the workplace is very laid back but you can't let that get to your head & slow down because you WILL get fired & replaced in a heartbeat
Steady
OMS (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2018
Had many good years with the company. Had the opportunity to work with some really great people and also learn a lot of helpful things that can be used for advancement elsewhere.
Work good
Package Handler, UPS (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
This is a good company that pretty alright to work all the ppl they treat you like family wen stard working there. The people that helo u out wen u need help
ok
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
i worked there overnight and it was too tiring but i dealt with it i dont have a review to give because people will have to come to their own conclusion
Pros
Cons
too many to list
love working with the people at UPS
High Value Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
It really a laid back job. The work you do is not very hard at all. Everyone gets along with each other, they help each othe out. The management is wondferul, the are willing to make your job a lot easeier than it really is
I like ups
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2018
I really like that I was working at ups because they move in a fast pace and also have good hours. I would prefer to work there again in the future. It is a good place to work.
nice and laid back
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2018
Nice Place to start off with great growth potential especially if you trying to work yourself up in the business. Its good job to work to make some extra money if you are a college student
Pros
growth potential
Cons
not many hours starting out
typical UPS day
Sorter/ Part time supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
typical work day is not extremely long, dealing with employees which you will feel is like dealing with grown children. I have learned a lot about the UPS system. They do provided the supervisors with UPS work shirts.
Productive work place
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
Love it here would only leave if I found something paying higher. Working here introduced me to a lot of new people and I glad to become a part of something bigger.
Pros
Don’t have to leave out for break
Cons
Breaks are short

59.9K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPS.