UPS Employee Reviews in Hodgkins, IL

Productive but cold in the winters
Loader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILDecember 10, 2017
The job wasn't hard, it was just a workout. You may lose weight. The coworkers were friendly, as well as the supervisors. I worked the sunrise shift (4am-9am). It was easy to still have a life after you get off.
Great Company
Feeder Driver (Tractor/Trailer) (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILDecember 8, 2017
I enjoyed my job at UPS its a demanding but also a rewarding job.If you dont mind hard work, it is a great job.
There is room for advbancement and they help you get your education that is necessary to advance.In my opinion you get out what you put in.If you dont want to get sweaty and dirty then this job may not be for you.
Pros
paid health care tuition help for qualified candidates.
Cons
Hours
Very fast paced, ample room for advancement
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILDecember 4, 2017
Hardest part of the job was mid way through the shift, work was non-stop. I learned how to juggle multiple tasks at a time with great effieciency. A typical day at work, you start up quickly and move boxes in their perspective places constantly. After about an hour you are given a 10 minute break then it's right back to the action until the shift ends.
Pros
job security, benefits, education assistance.
Cons
short breaks, no flexibility.
Productive factory
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILDecember 3, 2017
A typical day at work is just going in the factory and getting to work you get assigned to something as soon as you get there. I didn't really learn much but it gave me a decent experience for my first job.
Pros
bonus'
Cons
short breaks, no phone
Ups
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 30, 2017
UPS is an OK part time job. It is an extremely demanding job, dealing with packages ranging from 35-70 pounds. It has job openings for all times of the day so thats a plus.
productive fast pace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 29, 2017
a typical day at ups would be a lot of work fast pace.
i learned how to load/ unload package in a timely matter.
the management was pretty good they work with you.
hardest part of the job would not letting your line over flow.
Cons
short breaks
Is fun if you make it that way
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 26, 2017
A typical day at work is making it fun and being fast pace.
I learned how to communicate. Management was okay if they like their job. Workplace was very welcoming variety of culture. Hardest part was the hours. The most enjoyable part was working with talkative people.
Dont take my word
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 20, 2017
Its ok i just dont like the work and the pay you'll get at the end of the week we work hard in trailers and a 10 min break whicih is not enough and you almost overworked
Not a commfortable place to work.
Loader, Bulkliner & Bulkline Driver (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 15, 2017
Very unprofessional regarding the way they treat their employees. A lot of favouritism to certain individuals that don't work as hard as others, but if an employee who gives 100% , it goes unnoticed. The way team leaders and management speak to employees, is absolutely disgusting. Lack of communication between management and employees. Lack of care for their employees.
A very tough job but worth it.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 11, 2017
Working at UPS provided me with the help in learning time management and pace. Working there, you had to be quick and try to minimize stress with the time being a limit and there was a plentiful amount of work. Overall, a really good job because of the educational assistance and benefits within.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Short breaks, management
Excellent Company with great opportunity for advancement.
Part-Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 10, 2017
UPS is a great company. UPS offers great benefits and tuition assistance. There are good opportunities to advance within the company. UPS is a fast paced job that will keep you physically active.
Loader
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 9, 2017
Working at UPS is not for the weak. It is a very physically demanding job. There are opportunities to advance in the company. The pay is low for the type of work at UPS.
Fast Paced, dirty and loud
Part-Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 4, 2017
As an hourly and management employee at UPS this job was discovered to be a fast paced and stressful. I managed to make this place work conveniently for me as an hourly employee.
Pros
Decent pay starting off, Union for hourly employees
Cons
Working in management doesn't allow time to leave until the job is "done"
Fast paced, lots of heavy lifting
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILNovember 1, 2017
You can make good money at this company it was just now what I was happy with. You could pick your own hours, morning, afternoon, evening. Great place to work for college students.
Ups
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 27, 2017
The job is easy though very fast paced and extremely physical. Nice management,The worst part of the job is the physical stress. The best part of the job is the benefits and the advancement opportunities.
productive
Small Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 22, 2017
The hardest part of the job is being able to lift heavy boxes and stand on your feet for a long period of time. I've learned to work as a team member with my other coworkers.
only for the tough.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 19, 2017
the job is hard enough in its self, its even harder when supervisors belittle you and curse at you anytime they get angry. There is no communication between management and employees, let alone amongst themselves.
Great Part time job
Warehouse Clerk / Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 9, 2017
This is a good job to work. If you stuck it out the benefits are worth it. This is a non stop 4 hours worked on your feet. It is a very physical job. It paid for me to finish school.
Pros
ok pay for a part time job
Cons
10 break
Grunt Work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 9, 2017
The position was a part time grunt work job and I left it to return to my IT career. I lifted Bulk Packages and moved them around the facility. Wasnt much to the work
Pros
It was grunt work
Cons
It was grunt work
Very Productive
Bagger/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILOctober 9, 2017
Working with UPS was fine. I had a late shift. Its a cool job if you like standing on your feet for hours. I learned how to pay attention more. The managers were nice and very strict. They made sure we stayed on tasks at all times. I was in a warehouse, so the environment was as its supposed to be. The hardest part of the job was getting up early. I enjoyed learning new skills and meeting new people.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
short breaks