UPS Employee Reviews in Hodgkins, IL

Found 451 reviews matching the search See all 27,066 reviews
Fun workplace
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 17, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Ups , Ups as a company tried to make the warehouse as comfortable as they could... Ups always have little competitions going on to make you go harder.
Pros
Discounts, awards, benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Working
Loader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 17, 2018
If you can make it to your 1 year mark, the health benefits are great. Low copays at doctors, very low to none payments on prescriptions. However, it is a very loud & dusty facility. You will meet some great people & a lot of not so great people. The management isnt all that great. Part time supervisors are generally really nice & good, full timmers and up are a big pain in the butt to deal with. There is oppertunties to learn & grow within the company. Whether it's getting promoted to a part time supervisor or a full time loader/unloader (granted it takes years to make full time), or even being trained & certificated at different job tasks throughout your work area. There's always plenty of things to learn.
Pros
Paid holidays (after 1 year), paid vacations, 3 paid optional days, after 5 hours is time & half
Cons
10 min breaks, not a lot of hours to be made until peak season, senority is a big deal, managment is horrible, pay rate is not good
good benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 14, 2018
have to be willing to work in any type of weather and very dedicated. they offer you good benefits after a certain amount of time that you are there so that's a plus
Pros
good food
Cons
short breaks 10 mins
hard work
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 10, 2018
The work is fast passed and tough. If you put in the effort, you can advance with the company over time. They train you on things you want to learn and give great benefits for part time employees.
Pros
benifts
Cons
Okay experience. Built character and relationships with people outside of the work environment
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Overall experience at UPS wasn’t too bad. Hours were shorter than expected, wouldn’t provide as much em tea hours due to huge staff. Commute from my home in Berwyn was too much after the holiday season
Nice working environment for part timers
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Ups isnt a bad place to work, I like the work I do, you can wear anything clothing you like, just work safe and comfortable. Make sure you stretch, eat light on the job, and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay rate
It’s a fun place to work with.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 4, 2018
I loved all the supervisors there all understanding. Just a little to heavy for girls. But it’s a fun working place. Overall I really do liked working there.
Great
HUB Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILSeptember 3, 2018
Great place to start off for a job but this should not be a long term job. nice pay and beinfits but always look for bettter, ups not a bad place you can andavce if you but your mind to it .
Pros
Great
Cons
Hot
good
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 28, 2018
ups is a good place to work but its hard work good good good good you get a 10 minute break that's it you can work different shifts for a 24 hour span
Pros
break
Cons
hard
Quick paced constant work
Package Handler, UPS (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 28, 2018
It's a quick paced work environment with a lot of activity involved. There is plenty room for advancement within the company. There are also good benefits but you have to be there a year before you receive them.
Fast paced working environment
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 24, 2018
Not many hours (5-)
Good pay rate
Working at your own pace
Have opportunities to move up in the company as long as you is there long enough
Gets lots of help when needed
30 min. breaks
Good company
Tactical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 20, 2018
Learned more then I could have possibly imagined from working at UPS. The managment skills and the ability to operate are invauable skills I have uses after leaving.
Good work place you’ll meet all kinds of good people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 18, 2018
UPS is a quick paced job & Requires physical strength at times. The supervisors are very kind & likable. Working at ups for over 15 years you could come in 2 Days a Week & Still Make you Regular salary
Pros
Great air in break area
Cons
Short breaks
Worked like slaves for lower than average pay
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 9, 2018
You will be worked like a slave for 5+ hours with not enough pay or long enough breaks. Although some of the management seems to know how to operate properly, most people in the company do not.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short break, not enough pay
Small Sort Operator (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 25, 2018
UPS is a fast paced competitive environment. Very physical environment you must keep focused, alert and be in shape to handle daily packaging workload.
It’s not for everyone
Supervisor/Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 23, 2018
UPS is fast paced, there is a lot of turnover but the work isn’t difficult. I feel like people just made it hard just because. Management position is stressful but if you like working under pressure, leading a team, managing multiple things at the same time then you’d enjoy it. Good hours, good overtime and good pay. If you work hard, do your job, and be a company person then you will get moved up
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
Fair
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 20, 2018
They have a fair company but need hirer wages. It’s a very easy job if you like fast pace environments I come from that so I can adapt quickly. The no dress code is also good.
Pros
No dress code good hours if you want
Cons
Low pay
Productive days of hard work
Package Handler - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 19, 2018
The hardest part of the job was making sure everything went to the right place and nothing was in the wrong spot. If a package was in a wrong bag or sent to the wrong area, we would get in trouble. That was the hardest part of the job besides maybe the heat within the summer months. There was no air movement in most the building, but water was given to us every hour to make sure we were hydrated. Supervisors cared for the most part how we were doing and would check up regularly. It was a good job for the most part, and easy enough to go through the day without thinking too hard.
Productive but more times slower than usual ruthless orders unfair treatment
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 17, 2018
No comment i was just treated unfairly as were other employees they made us clock out when there was more work to do if we had to go to the clinic and were supposed to be paid while there they tried to make us clock out and the supervisors overworked us even if we needed to stop
Pros
Bonus
Cons
No paid days off, no paid sick days, overworking us
Good job for benefits/pays for college
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 13, 2018
UPS is a good company to work for because of the benefits and the fact that it pays for school. The work is hard and the work conditions can be brutal during the summer and winter seasons. Workers are backed by the union and that usually makes managements job difficult.
Pros
Pay for school
Cons
Wrk conditions

59.9K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

51%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss