UPS Employee Reviews in Louisville, KY

Great
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 12, 2017
UPS Is a great company to work for. they have a good work life balance as well as a great structure to move up in the company. They are slowly warming up to the idea of changing the culture
Not s great place to work for College Students
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 11, 2017
I worked at UPS Part-Time. I would attend College classes during the day, Work at UPS at night, and then sleep for 6 hours and continue the routine. Working part-time UPS and attending College at the same time added a lot of stress and took a lot of time out of my schedule that I could have used for studying.
An excellent company to work for.
International Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2017
It has been several years since I worked for this company. However, the experience and opportunity for growth are excellent. I would recommend this company to anyone due to the benefits.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Odd working hours
daily work
SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2017
poor communication, non standard procedures. Favoritism. Overtime was expected and rarely given advanced notice. Management did not seem to care that you had a life at home and needed advanced time to reschedule.
Pros
job security
Cons
too much over time
Very fast paced
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2017
A very fast paced job. Supervised many employees on the over night shift. Outside work in any weather so always be prepared for anything and act quickly.
Great Job!
Web Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2017
I wouldn't want to change a thing. I think the dynamic and environment is perfect for someone looking to improve themselves in the career of their choice.
Pros
Great people, A lot of food
Ups
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2017
This job can become very hard during peak season, but what you will enjoy is that they have good security, and benefits such as Tuition program if your a college student.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Greatjob
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2017
Very fast paced and you can get anything done there. Fingerprinting. Notary, shipping, mailing and anything else that you can think of. Great place to do business.
work simple, hours steady, but tough on body
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2017
A typical day for a loader is clocking in, grabbing a scanner, getting assigned to a truck or as a sweeper(cleaner) and scan packages making sure they go into the truck.

learning experiences are how to use their scanners, ups packaging system, how rough parcel services jobs are.

management is as good as can be hoped.

culture wise UPS has a wide variety of cultures due to the large amount of people.

hardest part of the job is lifting up heavy packages and not getting annoyed with all the packages people have transported.

most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people almost everyday.
Pros
meeting people and having tuition for school being paid (up to a certain amount)
Cons
physically demanding, hours are rough and trying to do college while working is extremely difficult
Great for advancement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2017
A hardworking person will be given the resources they need to succeed. There are many opportunities to advance within departments and moving to other departments is encouraged.
overall i have nothing bad to say bout ups.
Aircraft Maintenance utility (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2017
I would recommend. I regret leaving UPS, employed for 22 years. I started out in the loss prevention department, then to hangar site administrator, and last assignment was on the line serving as a liaison for mechanics/engineering and management.
Pros
I only worked three days a week.
Cons
Night shift was the only shift I could hold.
The UPS Store
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2017
I enjoy working as manager of an awesome team of workers at this UPS Store. A typical day at work is serving customers to the best of my ability and ensuring that each employee provides excellent customer service as well. I have learned that hard work pays off and teamwork makes everyone's job easier. Management works along with the employees as their support team to ensure that jobs are being performed effectively. The hardest part of my job is not being able to completely satisfy a customer, which isn't often. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is when the customers, the owners, and the employees are all satisfied.
Good review summary
package handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 22, 2017
Productive place to work. Working outside on the ramps have to know how to load packages into designated ares. Be able to drive equipment and unload / load shipping containers in aircraft. Top side just unloading/ loading shipping containers. For the bellies of aircraft you unload/load packages from shipping containers into or out of the aircraft and out or into the shipping containers. As for working outside be prepard everynight for any type weather. Work well with others on your crew.
Pros
Got breaks in between aircraft
Cons
Weather conditions would be horrible at times.
Very Stressful
1D Ramp (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2017
UPS is a fast paced environment and the company does not seem to care about their employees. Hence the high turnover rate. The employees that work with me were great to work with.
UPS is a great place to work
Administrative Assistant, WFF2DA, Roller bed Mod H (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2017
No complaints. I do not want to leave, however I can not transfer out of my department at this time.

UPS is a wonderful company to work for. I have had 4 positions in the 3 years I have been employed there.
Pros
Benefits, room for advancement
Cons
Outdoor environment
good place to work
Engineering Supervisor Operations Process Control (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2017
busy place but good people, treat you well go out of there way to insure you are properly trained and have any help you need. only complaint was only would allow us to work 35 hours a week
Pros
good environment
Cons
days to short
Horrible place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2017
Managment was terrible the job itself was so so stressful i woke up for work and didnt want to go in but i had to thats not a job anyone should have to feel like
My review
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 12, 2017
The days at work are always different. Starting with stretching. I start in trailer 15 usually and 10 on Sundays i do a Texas load. The hardest part of the job is moving packages around and doing carts. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting Popsicles when its hot outside.
Pros
the break room cafe
Cons
very short breaks
Starters Job
Plant Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40213November 7, 2017
Working for UPS is a job where if you want to get your feet wet and get some experience on your resume. I don't see myself working for UPS long. However, UPS is a great place to work, the culture is decent and the most of the people you work with are very friendly. If you would like to sit at a desk all day, this job is for you. Nothing is hard to do, I can't say anything that I have done over the past years has been challenging. I mean is a shipping company that is the main focus, making sure everything that comes in goes right back out on time.
Pros
allowed to make overtime, benefits
Cons
30 mins. none paid lunch breaks, lack of advancement
Face paced and unpredictable hours
Warehouse 2, Picking (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2017
This is for UPS supply chain solution / logistics. Was faced paced, but not too crazy. Worst part was unpredictable hours from day to day based on orders.