UPS Employee Reviews in Louisville, KY

Found 974 reviews matching the search See all 28,373 reviews
It’s ok for a starter job
Access Boss, ISPSYS (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2018
Longer you work there the the harder ups tries to get rid of you. Bad health insurance. No more pension. Mostly first shift jobs. Ups international has not had peak in the last six years.
Pros
Mostly 1ft shift jobs
Cons
Bad health insurance
unload trucks and containersw
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2018
I liked unloading because it was easy but it wasn't climate controlled so the building was hot. Also it was easy to unload the containers but they were small to fit in.
Pros
lunch and games
Cons
break
Pay gets better if you stay for awhile, hard work
Fulltime Coverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 6, 2018
The pay gets better with more seniority and more advancement opportunities come open the longer you stay. Culture is decent, team work is a huge key to UPS.
Horrible place to work
package handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 4, 2018
Honestly working at UPS was one of the worst jobs i ever had. It was unfair conditions , also the supervisors are not nice or professional at all. Worst working experience .
Not a good company to work for
Freight team associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2018
Had many problems out of my payroll and getting my paycheck from week to week. I never not once missed a single day or shift nor was I late not once the entire time i was employed through them. I was a great employee and was complimented all the time for my quota and my numbers at the end of each day but they did not treat me fairly at all.
UPS for College
Package Handler and Quality Trainer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 28, 2018
UPS if worth it if you want to graduate debt free. You will make great friends at this location, but will also be pushed physically. The job is harder than you think, but do-able.
Pros
No Debt
Cons
Low pay
Good job for the benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 27, 2018
This is a job. Thats the only way to describe it really. Most people are there only because of the benefits. You dont rewlly work many hours, so you dont bring home much.
Pros
Free insurance
Cons
Short breaks, short shifts, pay rate
not easy to go full time
Frontline Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 25, 2018
for five years i couldn't get a full time job .its a great place to work if you are a student or if you just want a side kick.
the job is not hard and anybody who really wants a job can perform all the job duties.
Fun place to work, tough to work there though
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2018
The job culture was fun, and mostly everyone got along. There were obviously tough days where I would have to load 3000 packages or whatever, and sometimes tempers would flare, but other than that it was fun. They offered basketball tournament, they would let you mix up your job or job location. They were accommodating.
fun
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2018
days were very short but the hard work made it seem longer. I really didnt make that much money cause we only woukld work about 25 hours a week maybe. The work makes your body sore and i remeber eevryday at least one person would quit
The perfect job for someone who likes to get things done during the day.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2018
The hours are not too long but I usually end up working 25+ hours per week. Management is great and co-workers are enjoyable. The job is physical and fast-paced but fun!
fun work place
Seasonal Holiday Work (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40213November 14, 2018
Great seasonal work, you get to work with different type of people, the money is great, the cafe was great, you learn a lot as well, they acknowledge your efforts
Pros
fun fast pace
Cons
seasonal pay change
its awesome
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
i really love working here it helps a lot knowing i have some form of a plan i mean yea there is a lot of work but i enjoy being on my feet the whole time
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
short break
Quick Paced Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
Loved night shifts atmosphere. Full time supervisors kinda sucked, but PT supervisors were awesome. Extremely good pay for the few hours that are worked each night.
Beware - Dispatch may play favorites
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40219November 13, 2018
There are no words to describe my disappointment with their efforts to try to find work near where you live. You are supposed to meet the UPS driver at a designated location and time. Sometimes, they want you to travel over 20 miles each way to meet a driver for as little as 4 hours worth of work. Dispatch is HORRIBLE.
Pros
Depends on route
Cons
Dispatch will not work with people
Great Benifits
Freight Team Foreman (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
The hours were not that great, and the management was sometimes disconnected, but the benefits were hard to beat. Also, there were many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Hard to change shifts
Very friendly environment
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 8, 2018
UPS is a very kind place to work. People that work there are friendly and love to meet new people. The only problem I had with UPS was the salary and amount of work. The amount of work that was required each day was not worth the pay in my opinion.
I was a line pilot operating by the IPA/UPS labor agreement
Line Captain (Former Employee) –  Louisville KY, Ontario CA, Anchorage ASNovember 6, 2018
I very much enjoyed my 30 years at UPS. I developed many skills including training on the B757/767, MD-11, B747-100-200-4-- and -8. I was a simulator instructor, a CRM course developer and facilitator and was a FAA designated check airman.
Pros
Excellent salary, and opportunities offered at UPS
Cons
Having to retire at age 65
awesom!
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2018
working was the physical challenging. good for the physical exercise. i worked for ups for 1 year they offer paying for school reimbursement, and offer health care.
Hard work but you can make a good career out of it
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 2, 2018
If you are a lazy person you will not do well at this job. They will work you very hard but they do make you feel valued. Free healthcare after nine months and they will pay over $5,000 a year on your tuition! If you put in your time in as a package handler you can become a driver and make a nice career for yourself. Overall I would recommend it if you have a good work ethic.
Pros
Paid breaks, great benefits, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Extremely stressful at times

510.3K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

51%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss