UPS Employee Reviews in Louisville, KY

Productive and fun workplace
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at UPS would start out slow but gradually speed up. Usually you would be assigned a truck or two and if they were heavy then a co-worker would be there to assist you. The supervisors were great at being there when there were problems.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Short breaks
nice place to work
wearwhouse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
like the job but will not let me work while in school. try to work night shift while in school and will not let me. want to work more during winter. thank you
Productive work place not fun however.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2018
It was very strenuous job but I learned and achieved a lot over the two years that I was employed their. It was also very beneficial that they offered tuition assistance.
High energy situations
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work.
Management could be better & held to a higher standard.
Hot summers, cold winters.
Shuttle rides in & out are long.
Parking spaces suck
UPS is the place to be
Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2018
If you are a recent high school graduate looking for ways to pay for further education then UPS is the place for you. With plenty of part time opportunities available UPS offers plenty of options to work around your school schedule. Benefits are amazing if you can make it through your probationary period. It's a difficult work environment that is fast paced and constantly changing.
job
Supervisor on Preload Line (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2018
UPS is good for younger individuals that need a union to stand up for them. I was not allowed to help my team as a supervisor because of the union and I fully understand why but when I can't get union personnel to help them I don't think it is fair to make my line work twice as hard because union reps (which didn't volunteer to help them when coming on the line to verbally tell me I can't help them) can't get the company to help the individual
Pros
can't think of any as a supervisor
Cons
stated above
Hardworking American Job
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2018
UPS is a great job. You go home feeling like you've accomplished quantifiable physical labor. The people are very friendly and understanding of each other.
Cons
short breaks
UPS was amazing the environment, staff and more.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 8, 2018
UPS was the place to be benefits after a year of working, easy team work and some times easy solo work, the environment of the work area was fantastic and the most important part they made work fun.
fast-paced and exhausting
loader (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 4, 2018
One gets to play life-sized tetris for hours with packages with weights ranging from one ounce to 150 pounds. Warehouse environment with docking doors opening and closing constantly, so be prepared to feel the weather.
Pros
Helpful and cooperative supervisors
Cons
tiring, monotonous
Very efficient and professional job setting with outgoing workers.
Admnistrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 2, 2018
Overall, UPS was a great experience for me. If it wasn’t for me being temporarily employed i’d be there for a life time. Although it was “peak” season when i got employed, I was told i did fairly well for a “newbie.” Don’t get me wrong, i got overwhelmed plenty of times but you just have to take some deep breaths! Fortunately, i was efficient enough that they temporarily brought me back from May 13th-July13th!
Good managerial experience
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2018
A typical day as a Content Manager at UPS included synthesizing tariff information from multiple sources and integrating it into the proprietary web tool for customer use.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Low pay
working environment
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 30, 2018
Overall a decent place to work. plenty of training. Working conditions not so great. Hot,cold and sometimes dangerous weather. Highly mismanaged upper aircraft maintenance supervisors. Great pay & benefits, while working.
Pros
good pay and ins benefits
Cons
upper management
Good days and Bad days
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2018
There were good days and bad days at UPS. Days when the work was simple and quick and days where it was a long slog. Sometimes the supervisors were pretty mean if you weren't going fast enough even if you were trying your best. And the conditions were bad at times as well. It wasn't for me but if you like that kind of work, it could be good for you.
Good starting job
Package Handler Small Sort (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
Its a good job to start with and while you're going to college but I was told repeatedly that they wanted to promote me to be a trainer and then to a supervisor but after a year of hearing that it never happened and there was a lot of miscommunication. Eventually left because of that and I needed a full-time position that paid more.
Pros
Decent starting job
Cons
Not much to be made except for peak season
Learning experience
Accountant/Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2018
Great position for recent college graduates. Not a career job unless you can deal with not making decent money until your senior years. Good culture unless you get a bad supervisor. Very supervisor based culture. Someone sitting next to you doing the same position could have a different rule book based on their supervisor.
Great schedule
Receiving Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2018
Being employed for UPS nearly 10 years gave me great hands on work and communication with customers. When promoted to a team lead it encouraged me to be a role model and train others in different fields to help them advance in the company.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Bad management
Stressful, fast paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2018
Expect to stand for 4-6 hours straight with only 1 ten minute break that they'll hold out on giving you for long as legally possible. Overtime is mandatory if needed. Management cares more about hitting numbers and production than their employees well being.
Ok in the beginning
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville KYAugust 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at UPS but I wasn't getting enough hrs and I was driving there and sometime there wasn't any work so it's ok for whomever likes to work short term hrs
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Not enough breaks in between
Easy job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2018
Not a bad place to work during college because of the tuition reimbursement program. Easy job and decent hours. Structured environment with a lot of young people.
Always on your feet
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2018
Great job to help you stay physically active. Always lifting packages. Managers are really nice. Set work schedule. Training was helpful to learn the job.

59.9K

2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight