UPS Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

21.7K
11.3K
Found 390 reviews matching the search See all 26,451 reviews
Never work here
Package Handler for Small Sorts (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Place is like a sweat shop never work here everything is better than this “job”. This is literally the worst place ever they don’t care about you and they don’t pay you. Don’t fall for the weekly bonus 💩 they don’t even give it to you half the time they owed me like 3 weeks back worth of bonus and I still have yet to record them.
Fast pace
PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
Fast pace lots of machine,package cars driving around work Monday to Friday normally 10 to 330 subject to change. Ups is a good company bout have alot of bad things happening for instance full-time manager communication skills are poor.
for someone is willing to work hard for low cost
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2018
I recommended this job to someone who is a hard worker and doesn't mind making his way up the totem pole . you have to prove yourself and are expected to work fast and hard
Fast paced environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2018
Fast paced environment, miserable employees who work two jobs, pay really is not enough for the work that is performed, takes to long to get paid what you should be starting with!
Pros
Tuition Reimburstment.
Cons
Pay
Very tedious work. Work can be in the rain, snow, sleet, or heat. Yet very fun for people who like to workout.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2018
No matter if you were sick you had to come, it was really a team effort with you and your driver. Around the holidays there would be 800 to 1,000 boxes to unload everyday and when those boxes were off the truck and returns was made your day would be over. So depending on how fast you move is when you go home. Especially if you're working in a city area. All in all very fun and energizing don't the snow scare you when you put that pep in your walk you'll start to feel the heat!
Pros
Usually driver buys you lunch.
Cons
You would have to work on sick days.
I aint like it
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2018
Overworked and underpaid. It wasnt work life balance because they didnt give enough hours for you to make at least a decent living. Horrible management and they need to hire people that actually wants to help. Not just be bossy all the time.
Pros
youre a part of a union
Cons
everything else
Productive company with employees always willing to share information for growth.
Ramp Agent Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
I think UPS offers many Philadelphians a fair chance of employment.
The pay is not great; however, there is a local teamsters union for the employees.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Warehouse work can get pretty cold and hot during various seasons
Fast Paced Work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2018
I worked 5 hours a day for 5 days straight. No time off, no breaks but water and bathroom but they were short. My Package Sorting Average Was 900 Packages A Hour.
Pros
Benefits, Merchandise
Cons
Short Bathroom & Water Break, Increase In Package Sorting By Week
it was a good job
Ups security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2018
it was a great job it was in a good area the staff was nice i was getting paid over time my manager was nice they trained me for everything i just loved it
Productive always hard work
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2018
It was my first hob a lot of different experiences, but overall I’m happy that UPS was my first job beside it can’t get much harder. It taught me a lot!

Want to know more about UPS?

Ask a question
It was good for experience and it was a good environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2018
I think the pay could of been better and they could of gave more hours it was fast paced but it’s like you work hard for nothing I made the best out of it
Ok place to work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 26, 2018
I love my job ,the people I work with and the work I do. They are very big on safety and I always feel appreciated for the hard work I do and I love the fact there's room for advancement and education.
Fast Paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for UPS workplace and I recommend it to anyone whom applies or is looking for a job. Job requires a lot of hands on work and you will be on your feet the whole day.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Fast Paced
Simple Work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
This environment is very simple that ask for simple things but a lot of activities at once. This environment can quickly become a fast paced environment and a hectic one as well
productive and hard worker
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2018
fast-paced in 3 hours. The co-worker work together in getting the job done. The supervisors are somewhat are doing there best in a short amount of time
Worst job experiance
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
The literally give the management job to anybody. Especially when the person clearly cant handle it. And then there's being a boss and being an awful human being. Some of these people don't take their job seriously. It's literally like going back to high school
Cons
The place is horrible
Slow and unreliable after holiday season
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia paMay 9, 2018
Only a good job during Holiday season. Good hours pay and lots of overtime. Lack of communication amongst management. Disorganized place of environment.
Productive and fun and respectable
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 8, 2018
Ups is a great opp for advancement in company to make a career. I like hard work in warehouse settings it's great the shift is very convenient and you are constantly encouraged to move ahead in the company there two options so you get to decide what path you want to take.
Pros
Great staffing
Cons
Pay rates
Fast paste and professional
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
Ups gave me a chance to experience a fast paste but fun working environment. This job taught me to be quick on my feet and a leader. It help me to stay focus and get the job done. I feel more experience as an employer and as a person when it comes to accomplishing my job duties. I am happy to say i was apart of ther team.
Pros
Open overtime, job comfort, allows experience in every area
Cons
Work might get slow sometimes
Fast Paced & Competitive Workplace.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2018
Ups is a temporary job for quick money if you ever need a couple dollars in your pocket and for different start times and positions this would be the perfect second job.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
No breaks if you dont remind your manager.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPS.

Powered by Comparably