UPS Employee Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Found 409 reviews matching the search See all 27,853 reviews
constantlly busy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2018
working at ups was good for me because i an a fast learner. my good memory allowed me to learn how to sort the packages fast, and also hepled me find fore efficient was to do my job
Fast paced
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 6, 2018
UPS has strict time standards that employees keep to in order to deliver on time ,every time. The job culture there is very client oriented and get the employees involved in a good relationship with clients.
ok job , but entry level , no real hours or money
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2018
i would recommend this as a second job not a main!
i feel as though this is a job for someone who is just graduated and needs a job until school starts.
Unprofessional
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 27, 2018
Mangers are very unprofessional they gossip about people very loud and very disappointing coming from supose to be professional people I like ups as far as the benifits
Benefits
Cons
Poor management
N/a
Unloader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2018
I come in and get straight to work. working for UPS is a good company and offer alot. Its away to start a good career. If someone asked me about UPS I would tell them that UPS is a great career job to have.
its a nice place but difficult in cold to work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  1 Hog island road philadelphia 19148October 11, 2018
it is a place of excitement and also need to work hard. one the customer complain:
They promised to deliver on certain day. I got time off work for the waiting and they didn’t show up. They said a mistake happened and promised to deliver next day for which again I had to be out of office for the waiting. THEY STOOD ME UP AGAIN! After that they started ringing at the doorbell when nobody was there (and they knew that nobody was there as I had told them). SHAMBOLIC, UNPROFESSIONAL, DISHONEST. The worst customer experience in my 30 years of living
Pros
free shirts and caps
Cons
short breaks
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2018
I was loading and unloading trucks
this was my first job it was hard at first then I got the hang of it
I like unloading the truck better than loading because we have to loading left to right top to bottom that's was a little hard
The hardest part about the job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2018
the hardest part bout the job was to be out there and any type of weather. Snow , rain , real cold or really hot , you was outside. If your are afraid of heights then that would be a problem because you would be in a aircraft unloading box’s. There’s also small places you would have to go in to get to the small boxes
Ups
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
Poorly run and only 3 hours a day union that doesn’t fight for u and low pay from when i started in Philadelphia in 2012 it’s stressful and sonority is the only way to move up
Cons
Low hours
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I have also learned a lot from working at UPS they allowed me to gain just as much experience as I did working for Walmart. For the seasonal/temp jobs they have it is good for a person who needs extra income.
good place to get on your feet
Small Sorter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2018
its a good place to get back on your feet. as long as you work hard and complete the task assigned you will do fine. the attendance is mandatory and they will not keep you if you make lateness your habit.
great building
Packer/Loader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2018
it was hard at first but after some help from other crew members I was on track and was able to get a lot of work done at a fast pace in that environment.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
short breaks
The bad outweighs the good here
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2018
I'll start off with the good stuff about this job. The benefits are good, it's an easy job to get, and you essentially get paid to lose weight. The bad stuff is that the work itself is stressful and exhausting, with it being worse when we are understaffed when it gets trashed (i.e. virtually everyday). The other loaders either don't feel like helping or intentionally put all their work on you if they see you hauling it. Rarely do they get called out on their poor work performance (most won’t change anyway). The good loaders that stick out, as well as getting dumped with all the responsibilities, take the brunt of the ire from the supervisors either for not whipping the lesser loaders into shape or as a lighting rod to take their anger out on when things go afoul at the department. The supervisors themselves don’t care about the work, only that it gets done and gets done on time. Most supervisors at my hub just phone it in every night because they're so burnt out and miserable from all the stuff they have to contend with from upper management and their subpar employees. They either rarely listen to any of your complaints, get annoyed when you complain or try their hardest to try and twist it and blame you for them in order to shut you up (like there’s anything they can do about the problems you have issues with to begin with.) I used to go in expecting the worst every night, no lie. Upper management yells at everybody when your department falls behind yet cuts people when your department absolutely needs them. We're underpaid for all the stuff we have to do and put up with. There's  more... no A/C in the summer or heating in the winter. Half of the equipment doesn't work yet you’re expected to keep working fast regardless and the area is generally unsafe, especially when you’re expected to move fast (i.e. all the time). You’re dirty, sore and will probably get injured at least once a week. Our turnover rate is high for all the stuff I listed, good benefits or not. Only work here if you have no other option, employment or money wise and even then move up the ranks within the company quickly or find another job when both options are presented to you. Being a loader/unloader is horrible.  less
Pros
Get paid to lose weight, easy to work around your work/school schedule, good benefits
Cons
Horrible managment, stressful hours, poor equipment, good employees are dogged and ignored, underpaid, unhelpful employees, no air conditioning in the summer, no heating in the winter, unsafe working conditions, messy areas
Hard work and good relationships can get you ahead.
Pre-Load Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2018
The work is hard physically. Mentally not as challenging but must have mental toughness to be able to endure. Making the right connections is a must for advancement.
Pros
Great workout.
Cons
Can be physically taxing.
Stepping stone or a career
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 20, 2018
This job could be made into a career depending on your actions in the field. If you further your education you have opportunity for advancement. UPS also officers help for you to further your education. This job is good to help young workers build a strong work ethic and patients, because sometimes your goals don't come right away.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Starting pay isn't so good
the work day
Parcel/Letter Sorter/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2018
There are many job opportunities at UPS ranging from loaders, baggers, sorters. Most employees will have the chance to offload as well as load a tractor trailer teamwork is a definite to get the job done.
Non-stop quick paced moving
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
A typical day would be me loading hundreds maybe more than a thousand of boxes on a conveyer belt with a team of about 5 others. I learned how to lift objects safely and communicate with others in order to get the job done correctly. The hard part of the job was to not give up because some days it would feel like packages won't stop coming.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks unless your a full-time employee
Ok place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
Ups was a great place to work. Sometimes it can get tiring unloading and loading trucks that had heavy boxes. I can honestly say people there were helpful.
Never work here
Package Handler for Small Sorts (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2018
Place is like a sweat shop never work here everything is better than this “job”. This is literally the worst place ever they don’t care about you and they don’t pay you. Don’t fall for the weekly bonus 💩 they don’t even give it to you half the time they owed me like 3 weeks back worth of bonus and I still have yet to record them.
Fast pace
PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2018
Fast pace lots of machine,package cars driving around work Monday to Friday normally 10 to 330 subject to change. Ups is a good company bout have alot of bad things happening for instance full-time manager communication skills are poor.

510.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPS.

Powered by Comparably