UPS Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 1,012 reviews matching the search See all 27,948 reviews
Waiting to find out.
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids/MuskegonNovember 15, 2018
I applied last year and had 2 interviews. I got my Chauffeur’s License and waited. No reply until I kept calling. I’m still available. Ready, willing and able. What does it take to get confirmed and on the job ?
Up tempo and physical
Package Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 13, 2018
Very open and high quality company to work for. Very up tempo and physical type of work. I found management very easy to work with as well as co-workers
Pros
Good pay & benefits
it was a great place to work
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2018
I would recommend ups to anyone trying to obtain employment. I always enjoyed going to work because I knew that I would be learning something new everyday while getting compensated for my efforts.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
long hours away from family
Fast paced work environment
UPS Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2018
Tremendous amount of work load put on individual drivers daily. Great pay and benefits package although I wasn’t employed there long enough to receive and benefits.
seasonal sucks
Package Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTNovember 6, 2018
called only at times when needed.. after a week of training, waited two long weeks before actually working. human resource at bradley airport doesn't care much about you
Hard work Great Place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NENovember 2, 2018
Enjoyed working for UPS. Very demanding job always in a rush to finish on time as a driver.
Hardest part of job is to know your driving area.
Enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
good pay & benefits
Cons
Not enough time to give to the customers
Package Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced environment at UPS. I enjoyed the pay as well. It is a union job. So those union workers can be very lazy due to the job security the union provided them. I would recommend job because the pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
inconsistent hours, union
It was ok
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 30, 2018
I guess my review is a little different for the simple fact that I was a driver helper. I was planning on consistently called or working throughout the week but in fact I was not. Dealing with that is what actually turned me away from this job. It was too inconsistent.
Box Factory
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 30, 2018
Nothing matters to this Company but production. They will push you and push you. No matter how well you do, they with just throw a higher production quota on you.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
fast work pace very exticting work envorment
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXOctober 26, 2018
UPS was a family to me, I enjoyed working for the company. I hated to leave the company for the reason of being relocated due to family reason, wished they we're able to transfer drivers. a typical work day of being a ups driver was pretty exciting. I was a full time swing driver along with 9 other guy as which we put bids on open routes for the day going by seniority. picking the route you will run for the day you go to your truck to make sure the preloader properly loaded your truck and to make sure you kmow exactly where each 3 to 400 packages are. started your day by delivering the next day air packages before 10:30 that was the commit time there was no exceptions for late delivery. once you have knocked the air off the day usually went by pretty smooth if you had a good sense of area knowledge. it was a very fast pace, ups was the only job I ever worked at that I wished the time would slow down. typically on the intown routes we would deliver about 150 to as close to 200 stops a day not including 20 to 30 pick ups. that was the estimated stops and pick ups on each intown route I have ran in the Wichita falls center.
Pros
being home each night.
Cons
takes a toll on your body.
Boot camp at first and you just get snack money.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAOctober 22, 2018
Eventually you can get promoted (depends on how big the union, after you prove yourself and your cool under pressure. At first your soar from all the new muscles developing from all the going up steps carrying etc. The good thong is that after a while your multitasking like an octopus on zombie mode. I met alot of interesting people and some became friends. Best thing about the job was finding the beauty in the labor staying in shape and buying a house and toys.
Great Job.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Loxley, ALOctober 22, 2018
UPS was a fantastic job, I worked seasonal with them, if I could having gotten on full time I would have. I really enjoyed meeting and interacting with new people.
Pros
Driving, I could stop when I needed to, to eat or use a the restroom.
Cons
No cons
Nice people
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 20, 2018
Great place to work loved it there been doing it for 2 seasons just trying to get my foot in the door haven't been successful yet but trying management is great
Pros
Great people
Cons
Fast paced
fast and easy job.
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
UPS was a fast and easy job for me. I made my own schedule and did mostly overtime sometimes ,even though it wasn't mandatory it was great experience.
Busy during the holidays
Seasonal Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYOctober 17, 2018
Sun up to sun down you keep going until the deliveries are done. It is slow at beginning but once you get in the groove of things it becomes routine especially if you get a route on the regular.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Great place to work, but can be stressful
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
ups is a great company to work for, but it can be stressful. Its a work friendly place with good management. The hardest part of the job is learning it.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Very Stressful
fun
Clerk Assistant/UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAOctober 13, 2018
very stressful, hard at times,
Big deliveries, productive all day.
safety at all times. Fast pace.
organize through out the day.
customer service all day.
maintaining a high standard of work ethics
Pros
great job
Cons
very stressful on the body
Good job for single person
UPS Driver (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 12, 2018
It’s a good job but very hard on families. It can be a way to retirement if u are willing to play the games they require to get a decent day. It is a overall good job and can provide security for a person
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Hard
good pay great benfits coworkers poor management
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Maspeth New YorkOctober 11, 2018
pay is good great health benefits nice coworkers .management only cares about number they dont care that you have a family .you know your start times never know finish time now if you are a new driver you work Saturday and Sunday.forget about family life.now it will take you forever to make top pay .union IBT is weak they want to pass contract that was vetoed by drivers, stay away from this company you will regret it
Pros
pay health benefits coworkers
Cons
management management management
physically demanding but very well compensated career
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cerritos CA, Prescott Valley AzOctober 10, 2018
Ups' work place culture was centered around a constant focus on time and excellent customer service. TIme commitment for all service levels was probably the biggest concern. Being safe was also something that was a very big part of a normal work day at UPS. Getting hurt was not an option.

A typical day consisted of 9.5 hours to 11 hours a day of non stop pickup delivery service for hundreds of customers of a day. An average delivery load was 300 pieces a day and pickup about the same.

The best part of my job was the contact with my customers and providing excellent customer service. I can't imagine a better rewarding career paired with the wage and benefit package offered at UPS.
Pros
Excellent pay and retirement pension
Cons
very long hours especially during the holidays

510.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPS.

Powered by Comparably