UPS Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Great temporary job
Per Diem Driver/Package Delivery (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MADecember 15, 2017
Great temporary job. Assigned to work with a company driver so we split the work load pretty evenly. Plenty of working hours and availability to come back during the next busy season.
Pros
Well known and respected company
Cons
temporary job
management sucks, loved being on the road as a productive worker
Professional Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 15, 2017
NO type of respect from management!! You are just an employee number, you can be replaced with another one. You do your job safely and productive to get home to your family at a descent time and all they do is put more wore on you the next day.
Pros
Pay, Medical benefits
Cons
management, work and life balance, 10-13hr days without a lunch
Productive and easy first job
UPS Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 14, 2017
The drivers are very kind and very relatable upbeat and fast paced job not very many benefits but then again Iam only a seasonal helper, so I'm sure once you move up in the company
Pros
Good way to stay in shape
Cons
Short to no breaks
United Parcel Service Inc
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2017
Unload trucks process of packages through out slot machine delivery of packages to residential or business collect signature identify fraud and opening packages.
Very good pay but unfortunately did not get hired. Had to call to get hours everyday.
Driver / Delivery (Former Employee) –  Irondequoit, NYDecember 12, 2017
It was a very good experience but the job did not last. I thought it would become full time after a while but did not get any hours after the busy season was over.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
not good amount of hours, very hard to become full time
Decent job
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLDecember 12, 2017
Ups was a good work opportunity for me as I was home from college on break and needed cash to cover some of my expensesz I didnt have to work weekends and management was good.
A hard company to get a full time position at
Seasonal Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at UPS. The package delivery job is not for everyone though because it is faced paced, long hours, repeative, and can be quite stressful. If I would have had the opportunity to stay on full time as a package driver I would have because the pay and benefits are awesome.
Pros
Free Food, Pay
Cons
Stressful, Long Hours
fast pace but bad management
Package Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmingville, NYDecember 8, 2017
Glad to no longer be working there. Management plays games and the drivers are pawns until they make the union book. Bosses are rude and have no respect for their drivers or staff.
Fast paced and fun
UPS Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 8, 2017
A typical day of being a driver helper is to meet them at a location so that i can start my day. I learned a lot as far as how the truck is loaded and how it should be organized. Hardest part of the job is running into dogs that are loose.
Pros
getting to know the drivers
Cons
weather-when it rained
Hard work fast past but good environment to be in
UPS Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 8, 2017
Would drive around with driver to each house we needed to go to and he would go in the back hand me package and I’d run it up to the door and knock and go back to truck and do it again.
Tiring
UPS Drivers Helper (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2017
Unorganized , Tiring, Bad Management , Short Pay & Its Seasonal that's all I have to say & Im looking Forward To Finding Something Else But it's Been A Helpful Experince
Very productive work place I loved it.
UPS Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 3, 2017
I must say that had I had a choice in the matter I would have stayed on at UPS until I retired. This company really took care of the employees who took care of the company. I loved the camaraderie of everyone working together as team members, and not Drivers up here, and warehouse employees down there. No, everyone was an equally important part of the team andt required team work in order to keep the process running smoothly. Safety is a big issue and I believe that's got to be a number 1 priority in dealing with this type of work environment. Keeping the public,and employees safe through proper training and proper equipment like trucks and warehouse machinery is vitally important in providing quality, and professionalism to our customers.. I really enjoyed the experience and took a lot of pride wearing the UPS uniform and I desire to find full time, permanent employment with a comparable company, if not with UPS.
Pros
Wonderful working environment
Cons
Seasonal and not permanent employment
Great work place
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 1, 2017
Come in be ready to work to load and unload packages. There is really nothing hard about the job long as you work smart. Lunch time is always a enjoyable time at a work place.
delivery driver
Delivery Driver for UPS (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 30, 2017
It was a very stressful job. You would rush to get things done at a specific time, on top of doing what's expected of you. You must be able to multi task x's five. Not a job for the lazy
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life
Terrible management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 23, 2017
Management in this company makes their own rules despite the rules defined in the Union contract and the law. I had to fight with management for over two months to get them to finally recognize my seniority and I had a target on my back from that point forward until I was fired. They even got away with illegally taking my benefits for the last two months I worked there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything other than pay
Fast Paced Deliveries
UPS Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLNovember 23, 2017
Typical day at work includes learning the routes, organizing the packages that need to be delivered, and working the scanner. Hardest part of the job is finding apartment numbers and lifting heavy packages. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the truck is empty.
productive
Delivery Driver /Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 22, 2017
very productive hard labor nothing I can handle a straight forward company people friendly a lot of culture also educated more on my people skills a lot of oppurtunity
Pros
great company
Cons
short breaks
fun work place with basketball court
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 19, 2017
Work was very hard but pay was good. I enjoyed my job because i like dealing with people. I would recommend working at ups but be prepared to work long hours. The pay and benefits are great and make up for the long hours. Be prepared to work out in the intense heat and cold. You have to be able to take orders from management.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
long hard hours
very stressful job
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 17, 2017
A very cut throat job that overtakes ones personal life. A extremely competitive job that demands a lot of mental fortitude. I loved the way corporate treated its employees, It is the local management that needs of dire attention.
I put up with harassment that I never thought I would for money
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  coloradoNovember 17, 2017
After 14 years of employment I was in an altercation with a member of management, he touched me, I was fired and they chose to keep their manager employed, but the company has a zero tolerance for work place violence.
Pros
decent pay after 5 years
Cons
management has por communication