UPS Employee Reviews for Driver Assistant

Found 2,226 reviews matching the search See all 27,853 reviews
Productive,fun safe place to work.
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYNovember 11, 2018
UPS is a first time experience.I like working for UPS.I dont really like being a driver helper because the drivers work different.I much rather be my own driver.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Some drivers
Seasonal Driver
SEASONAL DRIVER & HELPER (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FL 33404November 11, 2018
Driving a route, delivering packages, customer service, inputting data in hand-held device. Reorganizing truck, lots of exercise on the job. Work environment was great.
Learning how to deliver
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2018
Busy work, for the area I was assigned at for the holidays.
I learned customer service, Learned how to deliver and sort boxes.
Hardest part was dealing with customers dogs. Most enjoyable part was talking to home owners/ Customers.
Pros
Learning how to get around Houston
Cons
Seaonal Job
i enjoyed it in UT, not CA.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTNovember 10, 2018
In UT I had a good experience and liked it, but when I transferred to CA... went down hill. Maybe its just me and local CA folk that don't mix well, but yeah...
Pros
descent wage, descent hours, descent pay check
Cons
more likely to get injured in UT due to ice
i had work for ups for 6 month and it was seasonal
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
my position was a driver helper and I had take package to build apartment and go company and delivery their package. we had to have the customer sign for their package. we had to carry the package and un load the truck
Pros
We took lunch at 12
Cons
We had 15 min break
Love it
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Willis RoadNovember 8, 2018
I was only the truck driver helper delivering packages on the south side I loved my job it was fast paced but I learn fast and I’m eager to work and learn it was cold but I enjoyed it
Pros
The people was nice the trains was exceptional
Cons
Jus weather but you’ll get use to it
Fun & Productive
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 8, 2018
Very great job
Absolutely fun
Staff are patient and helpful
Learned how to scan out packages
Builds social skills to make cooperation with customers very
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Customer Tips, Enjoying out doors while also working
Cons
No Heat On Certain Trucks
A great company for money and benfits
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 7, 2018
Ups is a good company for you if you want a great carrer in package delivery. They have great benfits and great pay along with frequent pay rises. Ups is a fine company indeed
Face Paced, Socially Interactive , Laid Back
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSNovember 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Ups, I meant some really interesting people and personalities won't ever forget. I loved the fast pace work environment.I honestly loved the fact they Ups will work with you if you car stop working. Sometimes drivers would come to pick you up at your house if you have unreadable transportation.
Great job
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 5, 2018
UPS is a great job , well paying. You will not have as much time for family as you want , but "once you make book" you get great benefits and a great retirement plan as well.
Pros
Pays well, great retirement plan
Cons
Work and Life Balance
delivering packages to public
Drivers' Helper - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALNovember 4, 2018
helping driver deliver packages, learned how to scan and sign board, it was fast paced, enjoyed the challenge, got to meet new people, wasn't boring because we were always going to different places.
Great
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 2, 2018
I wasn’t there long enough because I was only working for the season, but I was offer a full time job driving the van, but I didn’t have a driver license.
Good
Cons
I don’t kno
Great and loved it
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 1, 2018
Would work for UPS anytime that it was offered again. Was a nice experience to be able to work alongside their drivers in the elements of the outdoors
Cons
If you are a High School droupout and socially popular then this job is for you.
Driver Helper (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 1, 2018
The shop in Victorville is run by High School dropouts (literally) the number one factor for your hire is if you know somebody there. They don't want anybody that is mature or has any college education. They do not tell you that they are going to take $400.00 from your check for their union. You must have a cell phone so they can SMS text you because you are on call all day and no matter what you are doing you must drop everything and go meet the driver.. When they call they expect you to jump in your car and meet the driver at some location of their choosing if you are one minute late the driver leaves and you will never be called again. Also, they will call you in for a few hours in the morning then send you home and call you back later that afternoon and give you a few more hours then maybe a few more hours at night. If you have a beard or any facial hair at all you will have to shave it off. If you have any tattoos at all that is not acceptable. They tell you what to wear, clothing with any logo or pictures etc. or shoes with a logo are not acceptable, no hoodies or baggy pants and no faded jeans. You will have to be dressed this way all day because you are on call. They encourage you to be the drivers best friend because if he likes you and you get some time with another driver and the other driver likes you then the drivers will fight each other to get you more time (if your a pretty young woman they will fight over you so they can try to date you). When I say that this place is like High School that is no exaggeration. Extremely dysfunctional environment.
Pros
Cons
On call all day every day until 8:00p.m.except Sunday
Loved this job
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2018
It is a seasonal position that was paid at $15 an hour. You ride on a delivery truck and deliver packages to desired destination of the customer. It is fast paced but not too demanding. Paid training and very easy and relaxed.
Cons
weather changes
Fast past delivery job
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 26, 2018
Loading and unloading packages for delivery to residential and commercial properties which requires coding and scanning, and lifting packages up to 75 pounds. Moving in and out of heavy traffic which would include inclement weather
Pros
I really enjoyed what I did
Cons
Part time
Fun and entertaining
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 25, 2018
I only worked for UPS during the holiday season delivering packages to customer homes and businesses. The 2 weeks i was there i seen then same familiar faces each day and met alot of friendly people. i just wish it was not seasonal.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Seasonal position
I enjoyed delivering packages around Christmas time.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHOctober 24, 2018
This job is very busy, strenuous and fast pace. Delivering packages to residential and commercial establishments. It involves organization, lifting bending and lots of walking. No matter what the weather was you still had to deliver the packages.
Pros
The pay is pretty decent.
Cons
You have to work in inclement weather.
Avoid ups in nyc
Seasonal Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Management is the worst part of the job. My driver was a great guy and hard working but they stayed on his back too. Management has no respect for drivers or the driver helpers. I called in and cut my time short as a seasonal driver helper and it had nothing to do with the physical demands of the job. I am physically fit and have been lifting heavy stuff for over 15 years. My driver liked the way I work. But management will make it seem like you're the problem and they're not the problem. As a woman, you're going to face sexism and being told you have to prove yourself, or that you can't do something, as with most places. So that's nothing surprising. I don't even want to use UPS delivery services after this experience. My advice to you: FIND A BETTER JOB.
Pros
Hardworking drivers
Cons
Management, constantly calling your phone, call to clock-in/out
Not to bad it was okay
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 23, 2018
It was okay working with ups they had a nice driver that was teaching me a lot and we where getting the work done on time and we did it as safe as possible even with the weather

510.1K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight