UPS Employee Reviews for Package Handler

Greatest place ever
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 18, 2018
It was Great working for them.Ups was awesome.It was hard work day in and day out but at the end of your shift.We learned very quickly too.My team handled loads accordingly.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Had to leave
Worst company to work for
Package Handler Freight (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIAugust 18, 2018
I know it is hard to believe. Someone is saying Ups worse company of my career. I thought me getting into Ups Freight was going to change my life. I knew that I was going to have to work my way up on the pay scale. Every year was a closer year to top pay but I only made it 6 Months. My interviewer told me was going to be slow here and there but most of the time 50 to 60 hrs a week. Once training was said and done. Told me had to call in the next day to see if they will need me or not and that day forward. Not what I was told but what could have I done. I just guit a 22 year job I had trusted the supervisor that had lied to me from the word go. The only reason the Ups Freight department hasn't shut its doors is because it says Ups on it. Because if there was a name that wasn't so strong they would have closed there doors by now. How the supervisor run Freight is terrible I feel. The equipment worse equipment I've driven in my 22 years as a Truck driver. Please please do yourself a favor go work a different company then Ups Freight!!!
Pros
None I can think of
Cons
Well I can right for days on this but the biggest was equipment and being lied to.
Fun workplace that provided more than enough information and help to have a safe work environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2018
Overall i really loved UPS management was great and the coworkers were friendly and welcoming. They so potential in me and the moved me from place to place every so often to help around the warehouse. Most enjoyable part of the job was how friendly everyone was there although some hard parts happened when coworkers got sick and could not show up to work increasing the pace of the entire work flow.
productive
Package Handler/Loader (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSAugust 18, 2018
On a daily basis, I arrived at work early, checked the schedule of matters to be addressed, and I began unloading the delivery trucks that were to be unloaded.
Pros
good pay
Ups
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2018
I love the fast working Pace with UPS it's a good company to work for when you start off but when you first start off you only get 17 to 20 hours a week and you can't live off that that's a good part time job if you have a full-time job I would love to have a career with UPS but it takes being there a year before you have any opportunities but sometimes you just don't got time for that but besides that UPS is a great place I would recommend it to anybody who's hard-working
A great job but the management was poor and rude.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 18, 2018
I really enjoyed the hard labor and job description but the management made it a hostile work environment. Most days we were forced to work thru our lunch break or punished with verbal abused. The best part about the job was when i finished my task and felt like i accomplished my work. to take a step back and look at everything I finished felt good. the hardest part was when management would harass the workers and call us names.
Pros
Two breaks
Cons
We weren't allowed to take our breaks.
Great job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYAugust 18, 2018
I love the job bevause it was fast and they was always moving around the mangers are very respectful and when ask for help they help you i would full up trucks
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Breaks when needed
Always on your feet
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 17, 2018
Great job to help you stay physically active. Always lifting packages. Managers are really nice. Set work schedule. Training was helpful to learn the job.
Productive, steady paste, team working
Package Handler, mental health provider (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 17, 2018
Ups understands their workers because most of the management and super visors started in the package handler position, Ups reconizes hard working workers and positive attitude employers
the work day
Parcel/Letter Sorter/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2018
There are many job opportunities at UPS ranging from loaders, baggers, sorters. Most employees will have the chance to offload as well as load a tractor trailer teamwork is a definite to get the job done.
Very fun place to work
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 17, 2018
It was very fast paced and the managers treated me like part of the family. The hardest part was meeting the required speed they needed for unloading.
Fast paced and a great workout
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2018
A typical day at work was usually fast paced and energy consuming. Watching planes land and being close to planes was extraordinary. The management for the most part handled everything very efficiently. The hardest part of the job was the strange start time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the workout every shift would give you.
Non-stop quick paced moving
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2018
A typical day would be me loading hundreds maybe more than a thousand of boxes on a conveyer belt with a team of about 5 others. I learned how to lift objects safely and communicate with others in order to get the job done correctly. The hard part of the job was to not give up because some days it would feel like packages won't stop coming.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks unless your a full-time employee
Great benefits with unsympathetic management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 16, 2018
UPS is an excellent part-time employer. Hourly jobs are supposed to be secure because of the union. The union also offers a variety of other benefits including health insurance, raises, and paid vacations. However, some of the positions are very physically demanding. Non-union managers are not very sympathetic towards hourly employees in these positions as they only seem to care about getting the job done quick (as they don't want to have to pay their hourly employees overtime) and also so that they get their packages out on time.
Pros
part-time, good pay, secure job, raises, paid vacation, health insurance
Cons
demanding and unsympathetic managment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2018
I loved this job I just wish they offered more than just part-time. I met a lot of awesome people. I loved that you could wear whatever you wanted to work, but since you were working in a warehouse it was important to wear breathable clothing and drink lots of water.
Pretty good if you want to work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2018
I am only part time with no plans on driving. I would like a full time spot at the hub. As a Teamster you recieve excellent benefits, but every year is a toss up because of changing contracts.
Pros
benefits, ability to progress career wise
Cons
long days and nights, you have to pay attention to your paycheck ALWAYS
Productive and great place to get a good workout
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 15, 2018
The job has its pros and cons and very fast pace. It is a fast pace job that requires you to lift up to 50 pounds maybe more . You get a good workout with this job.
Pros
Good for staying fit
Cons
Warehouse is with weathers temperature
UPS is a decent company to work for
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Palatine, ILAugust 15, 2018
UPS only offers part time package handler positions so it does not make the job too appealing, overall it is a decent place to work but i would not recommenced it to a friend.
Pros
Ups bucks
Cons
only part time
management is the main problem there
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 14, 2018
What you do as the employee is not bad it will take you time to get accustomed to what you are assigned to do but its managements lack of care for employee which drove me away (especially if you are a student)
It was a good job good pay good employees and good boss
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 14, 2018
All you have to do is go to work on time do your job work hard work fast relax don't strain yourself Cape of Good attitude and a smile on your face and you will succeed

59.7K

2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight