UPS Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Found 1,516 reviews matching the search See all 25,884 reviews
Pretty cool place
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2018
The work there is physically demanding, but the benefits are well worth the time and energy spent. We get all major holidays off from work, paid, given you have been there for over a year.
Good company with excellent benefits.
Operstions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 17, 2018
Although some upper management are only goal oriented/focused and neglects the hourly team members, the overall company is great. The camaraderie you can develope with fellow team members makes working there wonderful.
Good Pay/Bad Work Life Balance
On Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CA 94080July 16, 2018
This is a great job if your looking for top industrial type work. They promote from within and give you the tools to succeed. Downfall with being in management is having to deal with the union and even if as a manager you follow all the protocols and steps in coaching an employee and is decided to let an employee go the union in every case I have observed got that employees job back. The union protects the bad employees and as a manager we take the blame. Work Life balance isn't the best. Yes you get paid really well but you will work anywhere from 12 to 14 hours every day and you are salary so no overtime.
Overall a good job with rude managers
Belt Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 16, 2018
Overall the place isn't terrible to work at. The work isn't difficult but it's not lazy work either. The full time managers aren't the greatest but there's been a recent change in that chain so hopefully it improves.
From Unloader to Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2018
While working on a MBA I started working at UPS.
I originally was hired as a hourly to unload inbound trailers, was quickly promoted to Sorting and then as a Outbound and Sort Supervisor where I scheduled and directed a five person crew in the sorting and loading of outbound freights
Top notch fortune 500 company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 11, 2018
I would come to work 30 minutes early so we could have a PCM ( Pre-communicating Meeting ) so we can all be on the same page of what is expected that day. I learn how to plan out a operation and be the leader at UPS.
Pros
Getting to learn from a well established company
Cons
Very physically demanding job
Absolutely unrealistic work load for the amount of hours given per shift.
PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJuly 11, 2018
My upper management constantly set me up to fail. They sell you this idea of a team environment but its nothing like that. Yeah, your on team alright a team that never can do enough and do it fast enough. Even on the very best days when you know you have done your job and done it well they will find something after the fact that you could have done better. From the terminal managers, supervisors, dockworkers and drivers. -EVERYONE. The culture is you micro manage everyone to the extreme. You cannot be weak minded or thin skinned to work there. If you get hired you'd better pull up your boot straps and hold on.
Pros
Benefits are OK but with recent changes they even suck
Cons
Culture. Can never do enough and forget about getting any praise for taking the extra step
Poorly managed and over worked
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJJuly 11, 2018
Does not care about employees gives very short breaks, constantly rushed and given more work than anybody is prossible of handling, constantly mistreating employees
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, only part time
Unpaid hours
Part-time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2018
You get paid for fewer hours than you actually work. They expect you to control everything and make faulty processes work. Everyone there is fed up with management.
Pros
Sometimes donuts
Cons
No lunch break
Managment is over worked
Part time Local Sort Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocala FloridaJuly 8, 2018
If you are an hourly employee, UPS is a great company to work for. However, in any level of management, you will be over worked, under paid and expected to sacrifice time and health to meet unrealistic expectations by people who only hold higher positions due to longevity with the company, not knowledge or capability.
Pros
Guaranteed pay
Cons
Overly Stressful, poor management
Good benefits
OMS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 6, 2018
What keeps me motivated to work at UPS are the health benefits. I believe their health benefits are one of the best I have had with a company. The company also offer awesome discounts for various of things.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
UPS was a great place to work. It provided phenomenal benefits to both full time and part time employees. The managers and management style varied by individuals, as it is in most places of business.
A typical day at Ups (driver)
UPS Christmas Supervisor/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
Have coffee provided by UPS
Get ready for the driver team meeting
Go to your truck and sort out packages for early deliveries
Pretrip your vehicle for safety
Leave in a timely matter.
Pros
company over 100 years old
Cons
lots of overtime
recognition
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJuly 3, 2018
start with a meeting with other supervisors and discuss the plan for that day and the results of the day before. Because you have to make adjustment to the plan spontaneously this part is more exciting for me.
Pros
being productive
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Nothing to see here
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 2, 2018
I don't want to write a review of this company. Even though anonymous, I still do work here and good, bad, or indifferent I dont want to write a review.
UPS trains thier employees very well
P.M. Supervisor in October (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJune 29, 2018
Great training, options to move up in the company, paid training when necessary. UPS kept up on all rules and regulations, making sure everything was done correctly and in a timely manner. Good company to work for.
Pros
Drivers are part of the Union, Paid benefits
Cons
Not many full time positions available for employees that aren't drivers
Seasonal
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 27, 2018
Interesting crew, all very nice. I didn't learn a whole lot about managing or safety during my time there. Most often I would be running back and fourth sorting out small issues that would occur during our operation.
Pros
quick, initial promotions
Cons
Lacking in relevant training
Ramp Load Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 26, 2018
I enjoy my time at UPS. I learn something valuable from every department and work area. My work ethic helped me become a high performer at UPS. People enjoy working with me and working to get the job done together.
High-paced stressful work environment
HUB SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 26, 2018
As a salaried employee, your day is never over. Whether you are being contacted regarding customer questions and concerns, operational needs, employee needs or concerns, or a number of other issues, you must always remain available.
Pros
Good pay and job security
Cons
Poor management, poor work/life balance, poor treatment
stressful
UPS Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 26, 2018
It's not the best job however it's a job until I can find a better one. The location I work at is horrible. No room for real advancement. Good benifits but the job is not something I wanna do forever
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Your best is never good enough

59.5K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight