UPS Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Productive fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GASeptember 20, 2018
Good starter job.. starter career. In the first few years ( unless one becomes a driver) it will be hard to survive off UPS alone. Will need a second job.
Tough hours
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 17, 2018
I was assigned to over night shift as a supervisor in charge of an out bound center, I had 10-14 employees under me, my position required the effectiveness of the employees to get out bound trailers loaded by end of the sort, making sure the area was clean and safe, time cards were correct, production, loss prevention was followed, training new employees. I was awarded a people’s school training award for most effective methods in training.
Pros
Expense account, fair pay, advancement
Cons
Extensive hours past salary rate
Fast Pace Environment
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whites Creek, TNSeptember 16, 2018
factory environment. it is a union so there can be tensions between management and employees. objectives are never met or strived for. full time managers only care about themselves. in order to get promoted its all about who you know.
united parcel service
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 15, 2018
great place to gain experience in the work field however not a very great job if your over 30 and trying to support a family as full time isnt offered until youve reached 10 years more as it is a union job and there is a waiting list
On Road Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COSeptember 13, 2018
The culture is the main reason you should work somewhere. If a company does not have a good culture, then you have to ask yourself why am I working here? Well, UPS has a horrible culture and environment, but the money is good. So that is the reason to work there.
Pros
money
Cons
no work-life balance
Not my best job experience
On Road Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 12, 2018
I always thought this would be my dream job. As it turned out it was not. Management had no consideration and/or respect for its employees. The conditions in which you are under are not favorable. Employees were always at odds with the management. I am a person with tremendous gratitude and graciousness, but this place was not a good environment for anyone.
Driven, balanced company with great benefits even for part time.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 9, 2018
UPS is a very fast paced, physically demanding company. It has almost endless opportunities to pursue if it fits your lifestyle. The benefits are great from heath to tuition reimbursement and much in between.
Pros
Stability, benefits, opportunities
Cons
Hours
High paced environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 9, 2018
Delegating tasks to those employees best-equipped to handle them. Proper delegation streamlines a project, ensuring efficiency and maximizing profitability.
Adopt a more relaxed approach during downtime between projects. This gives employees time to recover their strength.
Display confidence and positivity, your employees will be secure in your skills as a leader.
Positive Attitude when at work with a positive attitude make the office environment a great place to be..
Not blaming your employees for problems that resulted from your mistakes.
Convey to employees why this is a great place to work, getting team members on board and excited to contribute.
Fast paced and hard work
Part-Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
On a day to day basis, we moved roughly 60,000 to 95,000 packages. I learned how to operate and manage multiple areas throughout the building. The workplace was very diverse and mostly everyone was cooperative. the hardest part of the job was meeting a certain time to be finished every day because many problems can arise in the warehouse such as belts breaking down or boxes getting jammed up on the belts. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling accomplished just about every night and creating better relationships with my employees because of it.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2018
UPS has provided me with a great job and I truly enjoy working here. My coworkers are great and a pleasure to be around. We are a fast paced company which in turns keeps you sharp and on your toes.
Pros
Heathcare, retirement
Steady and reliable company
UPS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2018
UPS is a good place to work for steady work and you know that they will stay around. The work is challenging but can be rewarding; however, there are some issues with work / life balance and unfair management practices.
Pros
Steady work and good pay
Cons
Work/life balance and some unfair management practices
ok
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 31, 2018
i really was not real happy there. supposed to be part time supervisor ut ended up working 39 hrs a week. too much responsibility put on a part time super.
Not the best
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 31, 2018
This is a male driven company with its share of problems. They are all about the numbers and not the employees. Majority of people who worked with me hated their job but stayed for the pay
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No one like their job
Productive work place environment.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 30, 2018
The typical work day for me as a part-time supervisor is attending our daily meeting before the sorts starts. Also making sure my employees are on time to work and ready to work safely with all of their come to work items. Its really a challenging job from the management stand point. The job in my opinion is more skilled for you to think and use your mind more than having to do physical labor to accomplish goals and solve problems.
Productive process driven.
Inbound Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAAugust 29, 2018
Hard and often satisfying work. Process driven and intense integrity required. The employees live and breath the culture. Life and work balance is a sore spot, the demand for more time leaves the home front often overlooked.
Fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 28, 2018
Easy way to earn cash while u get a workout. People are nice and friendly great benefits great for people wanting extra income good training management opportunities
Handling different packages with proper care
NIGHT SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 28, 2018
unloading and loading trailers and box trucks. controlling volume of the night. making sure no package is left behind and is taken care of. ensuring your employees and customers are happy.
Pros
physical workout
Cons
to much volume
I loved working at Ups as a part time supervisor.
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 27, 2018
I worked at Walgreens in the morning and UPS at night. Ups was a part time position, although I worked every day.I just couldn't survive financially only working at UPS. After a year of working both jobs, I had to let UPS go.
I love the workers at ups but the pay does not show how hard you work .
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
The pay at ups is a issue because night in and night out people work extremely hard to receive little to no money at all on there paychecks. The benefits are good though.
great place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 24, 2018
good people to work with, great managers at all levels. great time off only wish there were more opportunities for advancement, i would have never left i loved working there.

59.9K
48.4K
35.7K
21.8K
11.3K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPS.