UPS Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Fun with the right co workers
Part-Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNDecember 13, 2017
Mostly a customer service job that is very active. We receive and discharge packages. We have to lift boxes and load trailers. Work with computers and learn how to use the radios and dial boards.
Great Professional Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 12, 2017
Working here was a very rough experience, but it was definitely worth it. The skills I learned there have helped to succeed in other jobs I had as well.
Part time Loader transitioned to Part time Supervisor
Part-time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJDecember 10, 2017
I started young (18 yrs old) as a Part time Loader. I put my work in, went above and beyond, and learned other things. I helped people out when they needed it without asking. Advanced to Part time Supervisor (18-19 yrs old) as a result. The job is simple and requires little effort.
An excellent company to work for.
International Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2017
It has been several years since I worked for this company. However, the experience and opportunity for growth are excellent. I would recommend this company to anyone due to the benefits.
Pros
Opportunity for growth
Cons
Odd working hours
Fast Paced and Often Stressful
Part Time Revenue Recovery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 9, 2017
Although, I find my work at the UPS rewarding and worthwhile; I sometimes question whether I can do this job until retirement. As a Part-Time Supervisor that has worked for UPS for well over 8 years, I have been able to make lateral moves into different department, Human Resources, Safety, Revenue Recovery and as a Part Time Supervisor that works in the operation. The Union and the Management always seem to be at odds on what is correct; the only individuals that seem to be impacted the most from these disagreements are the Part Time Supervisors.
Pros
Lateral Movements are possible
Cons
Promotional growtjh depends on an Assessment
Very fast paced
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2017
A very fast paced job. Supervised many employees on the over night shift. Outside work in any weather so always be prepared for anything and act quickly.
Good pay-Hard work
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIDecember 6, 2017
Long hours, hardly see your family during your career.Must be focused 100% of the time. Stay out of the rumor mill to be successful. Learn everything you can and you will do well.
Pros
Good clean work
Cons
Politics
Stressful work.
Part time supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYDecember 5, 2017
Supervised workers in production, safety, and attendance as specified by company.
Upkept and maintained company policies and procedures.
Maintain a clean and safe work environment for workers.
Organized/managed time off request and dinner breaks.
Ok place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIDecember 2, 2017
The company is unfair with promoting current employees. The company has excellent benefits. If you get a good business manger, then you may be treated fairly.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
Being promted is very slow.
Very well structured buiness enviornment with huge positive working relationships at all levels.
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 1, 2017
Following company training, methods, carrier development and a positive work environment that provided positive results for both internal and external succes; overall great organization.
Pros
Seemed that all of us were a solid team working toward a common goal.
Cons
Union
Day to Day ops
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
We would get there at the start of the shift and begin our daily inspections and along with or preparations .to begin the daily operations. There were a number of challenging issues to resolve before we can start.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Managment didn't care enough
good job
Local Sort Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rhinelander, WINovember 30, 2017
I like my current job. The only problem is it is from 5 to 11pm. There is room for advancement but if you are full time you are going to be working 60 hours a week.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MississippiNovember 29, 2017
UPS is a great place to work. Each individual simply must find there own way, set their goals and go after them. A typical workday is simply using the tools UPS provides to get the job done efficiently, seamlessly and sometimes effortlessly. I've learned different techniques on how to supervise/manage people with different backgrounds. Management is always open to suggestions on how to set new goals and achieving them. The workplace culture is fast paced and requires you to be about UPS's business so paying attention to detail is key as a supervisor/manager. The hardest part of my job at times is being faced with unforeseen changes. The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie among the employees and management.
Pros
Pay and benefit packages
Cons
Starting off is part-time
fun
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2017
Great place to work , great employees , excellent benefits, room for advcancement within the company, would recommend to anyway looking for employment
good part time job for someone looking for extra cash
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 26, 2017
very hard work. job was fast paced and non-stop. met some really cool people while I worked there. keep your head down and get in and getup and you'll be just fine, don't get caught up in the high school drama.
Pros
good starter job
Cons
fellow employees are kinda lazy so you have to pick up the slack
Stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 24, 2017
Working at UPS was a great learning exprerience. I learned how to become a manager of personnel and excellent time management. The working environment was too stressful.
Working at UPS
PT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York StateNovember 23, 2017
I have worked with this company for over a year and although I have gained a lot of experience in the field and as a supervisor, there are many drawbacks. The system that UPS freight runs is not very strong. The expectations of the company and upper management are not achievable due to the simple fact that rules are not enforced or taken very seriously. Simple solutions to many problems are never listened to but somehow the company continues to follow an "open-door" policy. Upper management expects multiple tasks to be accomplished but do not supply the tools needed to do so. Most of the time, two tasks may be contrary to one another and upper management refuses to hear why it is impossible to complete both tasks. The only positives of working at UPS is the benefits and the pay is decent.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
poor management, unrealistic goals, non-professional, strict
productive work environment
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 23, 2017
Company has changed and it is not as competitive. Human Resource Department is not organized and it is hard to get an answer when trying to advance within the company.
Great company to work for
International Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 22, 2017
very fast paced and can be a stressful environment. But they offer great benefits, with weekly pay. The hardest part of the job is when there is no air flow in the summer and no heat in the winter. The weekly pay is great
Pros
great benefits, weekly pay, great for college students
Cons
Stressful, and sometimes cut throat
Great Company to work for, offers alot.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJNovember 21, 2017
UPS was a great company to work for. They offer a lot. It helped me grow and learn a lot being a supervisor at a young age of 19. It is also a company that there is always advancement in. The basic things I learned through this company as well as dedication is what helped me through nursing school and nursing.
Pros
Alot to get and learn through this company
Cons
were only part time, extreme cold and extreme hot work environments