UPS Employee Reviews

Found 30,041 reviews matching the search See all 32,289 reviews
Work
Air freight customer service (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJune 18, 2019
We went through so many lay-off scares while I was there that you never knew from one week to the next of you would have a job. Too stressfull to work that way .
Would not recuamend
Pick/Pack (Current Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJune 18, 2019
Well first I have been switch three times from Sunday shift to Friday shift which mean I cant go to the doctors without requesting a day which is not paid till 6 months after your orientation and you get 15 min for a break doesn't even have a leway for if u have to walk a mile to get to your work station.
Benefits
Cons
Breaks, management, feel like a child there, and no time to see a doctor with the 9 to 530 shift
Difficult job but good pay and workout
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 18, 2019
It was a fun job at first but not my choice of work.wasnt strong enough to load some boxes at first but with time I leaned out and got stronger. Pretty decent pay even though they get you with the taxes but it’s a workout so good place to get paid to workout.
It was cool
Seasonal Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 18, 2019
A great place to work management was very friendly. My driver was a good teacher, very professional. Delivering the packages within timely manner and be polite and courteous
hard place to work
Overnight Package Handler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2019
Physically demanding. The hours are short, and you only can work 4 hours at a time. When you do work a full 8 hour shift that is considered a double shift.
Pros
Physically exhausting
Cons
It's a union so if you can make it a whole year, there you get free benefits and its extremely hard to get fired thereafter.
Productive high energy performance
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 18, 2019
I enjoyed my position as diver helper the driver was very appreciative of my help i want to in the future become a driver for them the benefits are awesome and advancement happens quickly with performance.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very active no matter the climate
Pick your poison
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 18, 2019
It's a easy job but the repetition kind makes the time drag. If you can stay highly motivated the shifts go by quick, a 10 minute break is given but it should be more depending on the work volume.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2019
It was a great experience. I got to meet different types of people. I got to build my work experience. It taught me patience and
Customer service which I didnt have before.
Very fun and fast paced.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 18, 2019
the position was seasonal. typical day started out with getting on the truck and going to various locations to deliver packages. packages varied in size and weight. hardest part of the job is that you have to be quick and safe when delivering packages. Your there to help the driver deliver packages. and have fun while doing it.
Great Benefits Bad Everything Else
Pre-Loader (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 18, 2019
Stressful environment mostly due to the incompetence of supervision. If you want to work hard and still be under appreciated then its a great job and you if work part time prepared to get screwed over a lot!!!
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks Dumb Supervisors
Ups
Warehouse Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 18, 2019
UPS was a Fast Paced, at times stressful position when it came to loading and unloading the 18 wheelers but I would be lying if I said that I didn't Like the Job just at that time in my life I needed something Full Time.
very hard on your body
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILJune 18, 2019
i worked there for around 2 months as a sorter it says you wont be lifting over 75 lbs... hahhaha okay i came home from work so sore i couldnt even move and ive been playing hockey for 16 years straight sooo maybe i was lifing boxes wrong but jesus
Pros
not a lot
Cons
alot
A very fun and fast paced workplace
Drivers help (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 18, 2019
For the time I worked for UPS I thoroughly enjoyed it. The pace wasn’t too fast but I had to make sure I kept up. It was good place to learn good pacing and routes if I ever showed interest in becoming a driver.
Productive and much opportunity
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 18, 2019
I love working for UPS, and if I did not move I would still be working there now. I had many opportunities while working for UPS, had much support from my mentors to succeed there.
They nah paying the work are you doing and they abuse of you
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 18, 2019
I don’t Recommend no one this job. They want you to work in a very fast paced. And the break is only 10 minutes and the supervisors are sucks they don’t do they work
Productive, easy but hard work
Package Handler (Morning Shift)/ (Store Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Centerville, VAJune 18, 2019
A typical day at work day at UPS is usually 4-5 hours of handling 25-70 lbs packages. Usually at peak hours, packages to be handled is up to 1000-1200. Short breaks can be taken if necessary but you must get back to your station to avoid being backed up.
Pros
Take breaks when necessary
Cons
short breaks
Horrible work environment.
Shifter (Current Employee) –  Greensboro. NcJune 18, 2019
This job is dirty and demanding. You breath in black dust all day. The supervisors yell at you to continually go faster. It's hot as he// in the trailers to the point you will drink gallons of water every day during the summer. Do not look for a full time position here because after 13 years myself they are still impossible to get.
Hard job!
Package Handler - Unloader (Former Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILJune 18, 2019
Worked part time at UPS and it was a horribly physical and tiring job. They work you like a slave and pay you next to nothing. Horrible position would not recommend this job to anyone!
Pros
None.
Cons
Too physical, low pay
quality and systematic management
Local Sorter (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJune 18, 2019
conducive and enjoyable place to work.management is strong and take responsibilities of all actions.benefits are well established with retirement plan activated.
Pros
Awards and free dinner sometimes.
Cons
limited time
Amazing job great place to work competitive oay
Partsman (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 17, 2019
Management really don’t like the employees because of the union and the pay but overall great place to work management sometime treat you like a child but it depends on the manager work is easy oay is great and benefits are amazing

511.6K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight