UPS Employee Reviews

35.6K
21.7K
11.3K
Found 24,532 reviews matching the search See all 26,451 reviews
It was a good job good pay good employees and good boss
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 14, 2018
All you have to do is go to work on time do your job work hard work fast relax don't strain yourself Cape of Good attitude and a smile on your face and you will succeed
Great fun people to work with, but a difficult job.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  East Petersburg, PAAugust 14, 2018
Co-workers are fun-loving people while the job itself is very physically demanding. During the summer it gets very hot especially because of not having A/C in the trailers. Management is very good with the safety of the employees, encouraging them to drink water as often as possible, and if it gets too hot, they will bring us ice water and/or popsicles.
Pros
Great company to work for with good benefits
Cons
temperature based on the season
Decent Money, Horrible Hours & Wear/Tear on Body
Driver and Deliverer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 14, 2018
I think the title of this review says it all. If you're money hungry, single (no partner, no kids), and like to work a ton of hours and have body aches, this is the job for you. If that is not you or even close to you, keep looking elsewhere.
Never enough employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 14, 2018
We go through maybe 3 people every week and only hire about 4 a week, and of those 4 only 2 usually stay. The production numbers are too high to hit with the constant stream of new hires, and even if you start to hit it they just raise it to make you look bad again.
I love it here
Human Resource Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2018
UPS was the best career opportunity I have ever taken. I went from handling packages in the hub to working as a sup in HR. I got promotes faster here than any job ievel. I love it here.
productive
Technical support analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2018
very productive and work management work place culture is good a typical day would be come in and start working on your project Finnish project start you on another one.
Pros
short hors
Cons
not good healthcare
UPS has work
Loader/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAAugust 14, 2018
The work is there. It's either so hot or so cold. You need WATER. Be prepared to break a sweat and keep it moving. You're either part of the union or you're part of the corporation.
Benefits
Cons
Part Time
It is ok depending what you do.
Plant Engineering Part-Time Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 14, 2018
UPS is not a bad place to work. If you are on the management side of things, it can get a bit hectic like any other place. I work on the maintenance side of things as a supervisor, the people in my department are always stressed always getting chewed out by managers from different departments. It is fun there is a plenty of things to do and always something different. In my case, I get bored because I do not like sitting in an office doing paper/computer work all day. I rather learn and work with my hands.
Pros
good benefits and ok pay .
Cons
Office politics
Top Down Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Not a pleasant place to work. Employee morale is horrible, office staffing cuts are expected to begin in late 2018. Inflexible work schedules, top-down old school management style, and employees have to constantly justify their jobs.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Extremely low morale. job instability, bad management
I love ups
Development Coach (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2018
I have worked for UPS for over 8 years now. My day typically consists of scheduling meeting, meeting with management, and meeting with my assigned team.
This is a great place to work with great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Great work
Seasonal Helper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 13, 2018
Seasonal work was great. Hours were 2pm until finished. Some days ended later then others depending on the amount of packages. The driver was great and the job was fun.
Long nights during the holiday
Seasonal Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIAugust 13, 2018
Started off working mornings, but as the holidays got closer the work load became heavier. Often had to work 3rd shift so that drivers could be on the road by a specific time in the morning.
Stressful enviroment
Warehouse Floor lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
They over work you and make you work positions that require aditional trainging, higher pay.... poor communication from supervisors.... Hours were never steady...
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pay was no good
Excellent place to find part time work
Loader/Unloader/Sorter (Current Employee) –  East Petersburg, PAAugust 13, 2018
I would recommend UPS as a place to work to anyone. The management is exceptional and the people you will work with have a very strong demeanor. Packing boxes in trucks and getting tens of thousands of packages sorted is not an easy job, but for the benefits UPS provides, it is well worth the work.
Great benefits and co workers
Package Auditor & Air Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 13, 2018
Enjoyed my time there, but went back to school to try and pursue a new career path. Typical day starts early, have learned everything in the last 13 years that pertains to a major logistic provider. Management was good. Culture was good. Hardest part of job is very fast paced and physically demanding. Most enjoyable part of the job is my co workers.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Hardwork
Driving is the only viable option
Unloader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
If you would like to drive the brown delivery trucks or the big rigs, then this is the place for you to work. You'll make up to, or over, 100k a year, but you will be forced to work 60+ hour weeks. Another man will raise your kids and bed your wife.

If you want to sweat it out in the warehouse, it will be 10+ years until you make any sort of liveable wage. Even with the union, UPS is only worth the time if you want to pursue a career in driving. If that's the case, then by all means sign your soul over to this company.

Work to live, don't live to work.
Pros
You can make more than enough money driving
Cons
It takes 5 years to drive, 17 to make money from within the hub.
Was a fun and easy job to have
Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2018
a typical day at work is just sorting out mail wither it be heavy or light it depends on you body build, i learned how to sort mail its not really much of a learning curve its a really easy job. management is really cool and chill. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy boxes on your own.
Pros
Chill environment
Cons
Dont really get breaks that often
great coworkers
Cashier, customer service (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAAugust 13, 2018
there are busy days and slow days but, there is always something to do. Management is great. I've learned that there is a lot to do in this job and it's not easy. The co workers are great to work with but, still have it's usual drama but nothing no one can handle. Besides the drama everyone gets along.
Pros
sick pay, off on sundays and holidays
Cons
no benefits and pay is low
Hard work Environment
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 12, 2018
Working at UPS is a physical Challenge to work in, lifting and stacking packages is a tough job, and must be carefully stacked according to weight and content. however it is also a good place to work for the weekly salary and the benefits for an easier life payments/ retirements and more.
co-workers were amazing, good benifits.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 12, 2018
The working conditions were terrible, management was awful. The culture is nice though, there is a lot of activities throughout the week. food trucks during peak season etc. never got a break though.
Pros
beneifts.
Cons
no breaks, bad management.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

32%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss