UPS Employee Reviews

Great temporary job
Per Diem Driver/Package Delivery (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MADecember 15, 2017
Great temporary job. Assigned to work with a company driver so we split the work load pretty evenly. Plenty of working hours and availability to come back during the next busy season.
Pros
Well known and respected company
Cons
temporary job
productive and very motivated position
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 15, 2017
daily routes, management of time and routes. delivered packages all around, timed routes. diverse workplace and i enjoyed my clients and my overal position. transistioned into driver in about months.
productive fast paced work environment
Pre load (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IADecember 15, 2017
typical day includes unloading semis, sorting packages, packing delivery cars. fast paced environment. coworkers aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. one of the hardest and face paced jobs that there is in the part time industry.
Pros
always doing something and keeping occupied
Cons
not enough hours during slow season
While I was working at U.P.S.
Seasonal Driver's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYDecember 15, 2017
I have previously worked for U.P.S, and the job or most of the jobs there are quick paced. I worked as a temporary seasonal driver's helper delivering packages to customers. while on the job, I had to sort packages before delivering by foot and on the go. I met customers while working, greeting me and I greeted them back. the customers were pleasant, and the job paid well.
learned a lot in sales
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 15, 2017
being a sales associate was hard at the beginning because it was the first time I really talked to customers at work. I learned quickly and my sales went up and also my people skills.
Pros
Right by my house
Cons
no cons
management sucks, loved being on the road as a productive worker
Professional Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 15, 2017
NO type of respect from management!! You are just an employee number, you can be replaced with another one. You do your job safely and productive to get home to your family at a descent time and all they do is put more wore on you the next day.
Pros
Pay, Medical benefits
Cons
management, work and life balance, 10-13hr days without a lunch
didn't like it
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 15, 2017
Not for me I'm 40 and need something more stable in my life at the moment. I just don't like this job and would never do it again ever or recommend others to the company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks ever
hard work and low pay, but its fun and the benefits are great
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2017
the work here is hard, but it's fun like you're working out. the pay is low, but the benefits are great and you get overtime after 4 hours. It's unionized, so there's no need to worry about getting fired unless you were dishonest, stole, or got physical with others. I recommend this job, especially as a first job or as extra income. Also the pay increases every 6 months.
Pros
unionized, work environment, benefits, overtime pay
Cons
low pay, hard physical work
Only worried about numbers
Full-time Outbound Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 15, 2017
Lack of training, unorganized, integrity issues, poor management. All of this ties in with a typical day. Nothing can be planned anymore and as issues arises, we are told to deal with it.
Stacked boxes
Pre load (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 15, 2017
It is a great place to work and you can make a carrer out of it ups also gives alot of benifits that can help you in the ling run like 401K health n dental
Interaction with Customers, being your own boss while on road, making decisions to help customers with their needs, pride
Package Car Driver (Current Employee) –  Northumberland, PADecember 14, 2017
On a daily basis being able to interact with customers and provide a Great Service with Pride has helped me understand other peoples needs and meet their expectations. I have learned to drive more safely, methods to become better at organizing, being a much better defensive driver / be aware of my surroundings. Driving Safer has become routine meaning it has made me more aware and I don't have to think about the methods to safe driving. The Hardest Part of my job is trying to dig through packages and constantly having to achieve goals that are not possible to achieve on a daily basis. Expectations of a UPS Driver are a lot of the time unachievable unless you take short cuts. This is one reason and probably the biggest reason I am currently searching for a new Career. I do not mind working hard to achieve daily goals but when goals are set by management and are really not realistic on a daily basis then this sets up a bad situation and someone could potentially get hurt. I am not that person to take the short cut because it is easier. Safety First. With the unrealistic goals to complete all deliveries in the time dispatch says it can be completed in makes it even harder when you have a family waiting at home and you miss out on all the special things in your families life. Being a UPS Driver is not for someone with a family and expects to attend their kids activities. To put it simply UPS will Provide for your family but the sacrifice a driver goes through to provide for their family is not necessarily worth it.
Pros
own boss, great pay, great benefits, constant changing of scenery
Cons
Long Hours, minimal time for adequate breaks, away from family, no work life balance, excessive stress / unhealthy working environment
productive and fun place to learn and get experience training forklift operating
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2017
A good place to get trained on picking and packing, also using a rf scanner, cycle count, and train you on operating forklifts. A good place to gain experience to start picking and train to learn how to operate forklifts
Got paid poorly for the hard work we did
Soter (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 14, 2017
Always got crazy’s towards the end of the night boxes would just pile up and sometimes smash you land on your feet sometimes just always bending and lifting barley even got. Ten min break
Pros
I like gettting paid weekly
Cons
Not even pay
fast paced enviroment
Casual/Pick/Packer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 14, 2017
picking and packing using a bread cart to select orders available advancement for equipment operators and those with previous knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures
Worthwhile Seasonal Experience
Seasonal Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 14, 2017
I worked as a driver-helper during the holiday season.
I'd say it was a very insightful position into postal work that comes in handy for gleaning some quick experience in a reputable company. The pay is very fair for what is done, and it's quite simple so as long as you can tolerate being out in rough weather for hours. The most common activity is carrying packages to the addresses at which your driver arrives. You may also get offered to work at the facility for extra hours, but that is much more physically demanding work, believe me. Overall, I've grown to enjoy the experience. I'd recommend UPS particularly for someone without university experience; it seems like a great prospect for stable and well compensated employment that doesn't require a degree. Being a seasonal helper provides an avenue for upward mobility.
Pros
Exploring nearby towns, building rapport with drivers, insight into postal work
Cons
Unpaid breaks, working conditions in bad weather, very physically demanding for facility work
Very fast pace job
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJDecember 14, 2017
Ups is a very good job for beginners willing to work in a warehouse setting. They dont require you to have much experiance because the training is very good and infomative.
Pros
bonuses after hired full time
Cons
short breakes
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 14, 2017
It was a lot to learn. It's easy, but a lot. I think they should have a least paid $9 an hour as well. Training was kind of weird. They would show me something once and expect me to know what I'm doing right after, That was annoying. That was the only bad thing tho.
Productive and easy first job
UPS Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXDecember 14, 2017
The drivers are very kind and very relatable upbeat and fast paced job not very many benefits but then again Iam only a seasonal helper, so I'm sure once you move up in the company
Pros
Good way to stay in shape
Cons
Short to no breaks
awesome career stability
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2017
excellent managers
peak season you can work 8 hours and it is considered overtime with overtime pay
paid every week
I was a clerk/auditor
caught packages with the wrong weight and billed customer
sorted packages into containers
load and unload packages on planes
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
physical labor
the job was diverse and stressful
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYDecember 14, 2017
the job is basic but the only thing that was to worry about was attendance, otherwise its is and you can move up in the job. You get benefits and union for being part-time.
Pros
union
Cons
hoildays