UPS Employee Reviews

Found 25,862 reviews matching the search See all 27,853 reviews
A very large organization, with the pro's and con's of giant companies.
Employee Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  San FranciNovember 10, 2018
UPS had a very long historic corporate culture that is rapidly changing. We were a very tightly held company until we were publicly traded. While the transition happened many years ago, we are still having some issues deciding who we are.
unwilling to work with union contact
PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 10, 2018
contracted for how many hours for 25 hours a week. only able to work an average of 14 due to not wanted to pay.
unable to make enough money to live on while doing a job that could possibly end ones life.
Pros
Fast paced enviornment
Cons
unable to make a living with the pay provied and hours
constantlly busy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 10, 2018
working at ups was good for me because i an a fast learner. my good memory allowed me to learn how to sort the packages fast, and also hepled me find fore efficient was to do my job
The work environment was midly comfortable. Great company
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GANovember 10, 2018
Ups provided its employees with anple overtime both throughout regular hours and with overtime hours during their holiday seasons. The hardest part of my days at ups would be the weather would change and your unloading trucks in sweatpants and a tank-top in 30 degree weather.
Pros
Plenty of overtime was offered. Job advancement isn't to complicated.
Cons
lunch breaks wasnt long enough and/or wasn't given.
It’s a great place to work for a Vance but probably pay him time off
P & D Driver (Former Employee) –  NyNovember 10, 2018
UPS or give you busy definitely make you have enough money in the area living you will be able to have paid time off and spend time with your family all the good things that a good job and bring you the manager always good enoughBut you can tolerate them
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
There’s always the consummate job you just have to go bye
Productive and fun
Package Handler/Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 10, 2018
Depending on where you work the nightly shift varied. I worked outbound in the hub. That consisted of loading containers that varied in size that went out to the airplanes to be shipped across the United States.

The management and culture of the company was overall very pleasant, of course there are always bad supervisors wherever you work. It was strictly on a person to person basis

The hardest part of the job for me at first was learning to remember all the zip codes based on the destination you were on. After awhile I eventually became really good at knowing what goes where, atleast I thought. The weather also played a big factor into being one of the hardest parts of the job. It wasn't climate controlled and during the winter some nights were painfully cold.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast paced, productive work environment, the work pushed you and if you weren't able to keep up people noticed and would help you accordingly. There were always different people coming and going. Even though you worked with the same people most nights there were always new faces and different people to interact with.
Pros
fast paced work, short shifts that made time go by fast.
Cons
Varying weather conditions, physical demands
it was a great place to work
UPS Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2018
I would recommend ups to anyone trying to obtain employment. I always enjoyed going to work because I knew that I would be learning something new everyday while getting compensated for my efforts.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
long hours away from family
Good company
sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 10, 2018
As with all companies UPS has its ups and downs but overall its a good company with good pay. For those that took time to plan and work, its was a good company
Pros
pay, benefits, people
Cons
big company
Review
Processing Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2018
Day consists of the same routine everyday with the only difference of the volume which goes up and day pending the day. In addition to daily operations there are several meetings throughout the week on various topic pertaining to operations based on region for performance.
productive and always busy
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PANovember 9, 2018
handwork and alot of well spent man power unloading packages. Great management and flexible.I learned to be more of a team and unify to get a job done faster.
Fast Pace enviroment
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2018
Fast pace environment that can be fun as long as you know your job and you get along with management. Workplace could use an update but overall a safe place to work.
Pros
Open Bay Dock. Cold in the winter, hot during the summer.
Cons
Alot of overtime. Friendly people
Uncertain future
Dock cdl (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 9, 2018
Good place to work as far as pay but not sure on future. Good benefits but bad equipment . Would love to stay but not sure what the future holds with the union contract being negotiated every five years.
Worse job ive ever had
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNNovember 9, 2018
Worse place I've ever worked. You're treated like a slave. You can work 10 hours standing in you feet but get only a thirty minute lunch break. 10 minutes if that is waiting at the clock to punch out, another ten to get your food or find a seat by the time you sit down it's back to the cotton field!
Cool environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21205November 9, 2018
Ups is not bad you work for 4 to 5 hours it wasnt that bad once u get to know all ur zip codes and states u got good benifits and it wasnt half bad in my experience
i had work for ups for 6 month and it was seasonal
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
my position was a driver helper and I had take package to build apartment and go company and delivery their package. we had to have the customer sign for their package. we had to carry the package and un load the truck
Pros
We took lunch at 12
Cons
We had 15 min break
Only driver's make the real money.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 9, 2018
They just make ups much more complicated than it has to be. The only people who make real money are the driver's. Being a supervisor you not supposed to touch anything. Not one box, or anything for that matter. They still do so because of management doesn't want to pay anyone but driver's and supervisors. The rules in ups might be the most idiotic and irrational rules at a job. There's a lot that ups offers but it's just not worth the little money you get for that hard work.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not managed well at all
LOCAL SORT MEMBER/PACKAGE HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 9, 2018
Too much inconsistency with the duties and how it's ran, most of the people are ego driven and have poor communication skills, isn't a good work place , smd
Fun work environment. Productive
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 9, 2018
Great place to work. Employee driven work place. All Paid benefits. Job security. Unionized workers. A great long term job. But need to raise the starting wages.
Pros
Company paid benefits, unionized, great job security
Great pay and retirement.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 8, 2018
Work is hard for most and you have to have very thick skin. It is a militant environment. When it is hot outside, it is hotter inside. Also the same is true for cold weather. There is a lot of yelling from everyone.
Pros
Pay and retirement.
Cons
Environment and treatment
Love it
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Willis RoadNovember 8, 2018
I was only the truck driver helper delivering packages on the south side I loved my job it was fast paced but I learn fast and I’m eager to work and learn it was cold but I enjoyed it
Pros
The people was nice the trains was exceptional
Cons
Jus weather but you’ll get use to it

510.1K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

51%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss