UPS Employee Reviews

35.2K
21.6K
11.2K
Found 23,127 reviews matching the search See all 24,932 reviews
They provided great healthy guidelines
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMay 16, 2018
It was hard at first but then i fully got it they have a unique way of how they move packages they offer very good benefit packages as well the only bad thing is the time limit other than that great company
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced, Energetic and never dull!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Snohomish, WAMay 16, 2018
There are various things that you can do at a UPS Store, so it is best if you are a versatile person. Customers who enter the store most likely do not know what they want. So they are searching for you to shed some light and help them out. Due to the versatility of working here, there is a lot of knowledge you need to have down. Such as faxing, basics of printing, knowledge of both UPS and USPS Shipping policies and basic data entry. The work place can either be very productive, friendly and exciting; however, it can also be extremely stressful, negative and boring. A downside is that there are not very many places for advancement in the company. However, depending on the boss, can make this up by being very flexible with the schedule and having a close knit bunch of coworkers can be really nice as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the UPS Store and am very grateful for the relationships I have gained personally and business connections I have made as well.
Pros
Flexible hours, close knit coworkers, fast paced
Cons
short lunches, hard to take breaks when busy, crowded and not much room for advancement
Great seasonal experience.
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 16, 2018
My responsibilities were delivering packages from the truck to houses, apartments, and townhouses. As well as, organizing the packages in the back of the truck.
my review
Forklift Operator/ Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 16, 2018
i performed several jobs duties that include processing incomeing stock and materials picking and fileing orders from stock packing and shiping i didnt fill i got paid enough
Pros
good place to work
Cons
stressfull
Hard work
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Doraville, GAMay 16, 2018
Job is always difficult at the beginning but you will get used to it. Experience workers always say the longer you work there the better your experience.
Good job for those willing to put in the time.
Preload Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 16, 2018
I was a supervisor at UPS, so I got to see handlers, fellow supervisors, and drivers at work. First, the hours are awful, and are never set in stone. Extremely high-pressure workplace during sorts, decent communication between the high-low levels. The Job Culture gets 4 stars because it's a blast working on the sorts with the wide variety of employees. It should be a one, because the high-level management only sees numbers when they look at you.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Everything else.
Fast pace physically demanding job decent pay
DRIVER HELPER (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJMay 16, 2018
Lifting/moving packages (sometimes <50lb) constantly getting in and out of trucks, asking customers for signatures fast paced always on a schedule physically demanding.
Pros
$10.00 per hour starting
Cons
outside all day in all seasons, no paid lunch, no benefits
exellent job
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 16, 2018
I enjoyed working their a lot but was only a part time job. if I had the option to go back I would in a heart beat. just friendly people and excellent environment.
Hard work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lawnside, NJMay 16, 2018
I worked here for a couple of month. Extremely fast paced and hard on your back and knees. If you like working hard, this is a good job for you. Pay could be better.
Pros
Keeps you in shape
Cons
Hard on the body
This was the worst place to work
Ssales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 16, 2018
They are very rude at the DC location on Lst and in CLINTON me. They owner is disrespectful and a pervert. The manager rashida is a thief but blames everybody else. They was hard to work with. They only give you like 5 hrs a with 16 to 20 hrs a week. Don't ever work for those locations
Anonymous
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTMay 16, 2018
Great place to work, company focused on financials and safety, management is very supportive, I had the pleasure of working with a great team of drivers and managers
Driver Helper
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 16, 2018
The job was seasonal during Christmas. It was not that difficult and the pay was decent. There was no work schedule. They expected you to call in to try and work or they will tell you the day before.
Some coworkers are helpful
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2018
I have two trailers two watch but get hit hard then get yell at me for that but how if im the only one loading a trailer with no help until i get hit hard.i hate and love that place
Requires a lot of work
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 16, 2018
A normal day at UPS can either be extremely stressful or pretty laid back. You never know what to expect when you walk in. The hours at
UPS are good - not too little and not too many - and the pay is great considering they also pay for school. The management at UPS takes their job very seriously and always knows what is going on. While working there, I've learned more responsibility, how to help other coworkers while also getting my work done, how to work under different supervisors since they are shuffled every couple of months, and how to adjust to working third shift. The hardest part of the job at UPS is not knowing when you'll get off every night and also keeping up with the fast work flow. The most enjoyable part of my job at UPS is talking to my coworkers while also working because I really like forming relationships with the people I work with and I also really prioritize getting my job done.
Pros
Pays for college, good hourly pay, casual work environment, good supervisors
Cons
can't request off, have to wait a year before receiving benefits, no air conditioning, stressful
dock work and jockey work
Dock Worker/Yard Jockey cert (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 15, 2018
UPS Freight is a high paced place to work. Teamwork is essential to meet goals. daily pre shift meetings help with daily objectives. communication between managers and supervisors has room for improvement.
Pros
pay and benifits
Cons
unconsistent schedules
Worked place
Package handler (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 15, 2018
It was alright not a good place too try too make a living with without another source of income. It's very fast paced your not thier long enough for a lunch break
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No breaks
Like the job, but difficult for advancement
Preloader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 15, 2018
I did well at the job. I was hopeful to become full-time. I wanted to become a driver. Unfortunately it is difficult and many in line to get that position. The warehouse position does not offer the benefits of becoming a driver. It can be worse to become full-time in the warehouse.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
Unable to advance
Awesome job
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMay 15, 2018
sweet job but i couldn't get them to keep me on permanently so after the seasonal work ended i had to look for a new place to work which was really not cool because i worked my butt of harder than anyone they had there and i know that for a fact.
Great place to work seasonal for the incentives
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 15, 2018
Great pay/ incentives for seasonal employment. Great team collaboration and HR team. That being said, they encourage you to work harder and faster simply to benefit they're productivity be during peak season you get worked like a dog.
Pros
Free pizza at break
Cons
Union dues are high/ long time to get benefits/advancement and higher pay
Productive and fun environment
Driver Helper/Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMay 15, 2018
I had the greatest time working with UPS. I had so much fun, and learned so many new things. Helping drivers deliver packages was an amazing feeling for me and the customers. The relationship between coworkers is great and being able to joke with your coworkers makes for a stress-free work environment.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight