UPS Employee Reviews

Found 25,949 reviews matching the search See all 27,948 reviews
Fast paced and physical work environment for poor pay and no recognition for hard work.
Local Sort Laborer / Jump during peak (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 13, 2018
A typical day for me was coming in for local sort at 5:00 P.M. and working a 5 hour shift Monday through Friday. At the facility I work at local sort is composed of only around 10 people. Most of the people have been there upwards of 5-20 years so gaining seniority is very difficult. The wait time for becoming a driver is somewhere between 1-4 years and depends on many different factors. PEAK is the only time your able to make any decent money as a package handler since you can get an hour or two of overtime occasionally, and can jump with drivers making 15.00 an hour. The only enjoyable part about working for UPS is the benefits, and its a decent resume builder. I did every job in the building from sorting smalls, unloading, loading, airs, scanning, washing package cars, and more.
Pros
excellent benefits, payed weekly, off on weekends
Cons
Very physical work for little pay
its a hard working place
Package Sorter (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 13, 2018
from the moment you walk in your job is piled up waiting for you some days you would unload a truck and the packages on the belt thats coming in or you could be loading the truck up and taking the packages off the belt and putting them inside the truck
Pros
good pay
Cons
short breaks
Great work environment
PLANT AND PROJECT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
excellent work environment ans awesome benefits. established career development and mentor ship. excellent retirement and incentives. Great management staff.
Pros
travel, development, benefits
Up tempo and physical
Package Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 13, 2018
Very open and high quality company to work for. Very up tempo and physical type of work. I found management very easy to work with as well as co-workers
Pros
Good pay & benefits
Productive place to stay in shape
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MONovember 13, 2018
Ups was a fast paced job most would love if you wanted to be or stay in shape. I learned a lot mentally working the short time i did there and that mostly was patience. When i first started i remember everyday wanting to give up because it was so hard but the management always kept me motivated. That was the only hardest part of the job because i knew lifting and arranging boxes would help me feel like I'm working out with weights.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare first 2 years
Fast Paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 13, 2018
I worked at Ups in the summer as a summer job. It was a learning experience and I feel as if it benefited me because of the hard work and consistency it taught me.
Take in Ups packages and scanned in to be shipped.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 13, 2018
My typical day was greet customers and helping them get on the computer to get package ready to be shipped. The workplace was a good place to work for. I enjoyed working with the people.
Stressful
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 13, 2018
It was hard working at UPS. It was a very fast pace job that you have to keep up with the whole time working. Managers would get on you about moving to slow because you have to finish the truck at a certain period of time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Less hours
Stress not worth the Pay
Customs Brokerage Rep (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 13, 2018
Job is very stressful, they are all about the numbers in Rating shipments.....Always want you at work to help get the job done but as soon as you have an emergency it becomes a big deal....some Supervisors run they mouth talking about some of their employees to other employees but always hollering team work...Okay, Pay but not worth the headache.....They tell you to apply for other positions inside the company to advance your career and that position offered better hours and increase rate of pay but hard to get you remain stuck in your current position....Had I known I would have stayed at my previous job
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches with Ok Pay
Cons
Hard to Advance career, Snakey Supervisor
Ups
Car Wash (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 13, 2018
Was a good job like the experience wanted to stay but life caugh me a bad time due to the deaths in my family i had to move with others that were sick. I like the everyday loading then i got the raise to a better job.
standard work enviroment
Senior Pricing1 Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
Important to make sure work duties are completed each day. They have a good employee review that helps keep the employee informed of their job duties and how they are preforming in those tasks.
productive
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 13, 2018
very fast pace work environment a lot of moving around picking boxes stacking boxes catching boxes that come off belt or putting boxes on belt friendly work place
Quick pace environment and handled many tasks at once
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Saddle Brook, NJNovember 13, 2018
-I run an entire area and manage 8-15 people
-I learned how to make decisions on whats best for the company
-Management is organized
-Follow ups are important with employees and other supervisors
-The hardest park of the job is when someone else's mistake falls onto me and I have to fix it by making quick decisions with the best outcomes.
Pros
Management is orangized
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Avon, INNovember 13, 2018
Its a great place to work with friendly co workers and managers. I like that it isn't that hard of work to do and not very physical demanding. Also this is a great place for a life time job.
Pros
Great place to advance a career in.
Cons
To short of a break
Seasonal job, it is ideal for overtime
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 13, 2018
I liked working here because I learned a lot about the shipping and packing process that postal services do. During holidays, the store is usually swarmed with folks shipping out packages. Also good to be more on the collaborative side.
Fast paced and physically demanding
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 12, 2018
A stressful job environment that is very fast paced and always busy. Managers vary in term of their performance and you have to always be ready to work under pressure.
Pros
good health care benefits
Cons
bad managment
It was a Very Good Job
Customer Care & Ocean Imports (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GANovember 12, 2018
I worked there 12 years+ Different Management with their own rules. Having favorites and not ashame to show it. Some didn't have any education. It wasn't required No High Diploma. I was Very Surprised
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Work not appreciated
A great company
PVD Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARNovember 12, 2018
I unload packages. Then load them into my car to make the deliveries. I have to load my car up a few times a day. Until I have delivered all of my packages. The I am done for the day.
this job dose not pay good for the amount of work you do
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 12, 2018
this job is to dangerous, unsafe, and to hot for the amount u get paid. The pay is not worth it unless you want to have career with them in management or driving the trucks. that being said the pay may not be that good but there are some really great benefits like health insurance and discounts on all sorts of things but it takes a year to get most these benefits and most people quit before then because the work is to hard for them. they even tell you when you get hired you will not like this job at first.
Pros
benefits you get from the job like health insurance
Cons
no breaks, backbreaking work
good company overall
Part Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 12, 2018
fast paced, always changing work environment. office and physical work. long hours and heavy workload. great health care benefits among the top 2 of all employers I've worked for . competitive pay and opportunities to grow within the company. company prefers to hire from within.
benefits
Cons
workload and pay

510.2K

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

27%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

51%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss