UPS Employee Reviews

35.6K
21.7K
11.3K
Found 24,496 reviews matching the search See all 26,393 reviews
This job did not supply mask for the dust that was getting in the employe's system from the UPS trucks.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2018
A typical day working at UPS could be ok and bad but never a good day. I learned that inside some warehouse industries, they can be very unorganized with how they conduct their work. The Managment was not so good. The workplace culture was unfair. The hardest part about the job trying to unload 40,000 packages within a half an hour. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was time to go home.
Fun fast paced work environment with a almost family feel
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2018
UPS is a competitive fast paced work environment whilst being relaxed never too much pressure. There is always opportunities for advancing and making more money through ups which is also a plus
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, weekly pay, no dress code
Cons
No real breaks, low pay
Fast paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 9, 2018
A typical day started off setting up the equipment to make loading the packages into the trucks easier. It was a lot of fast-paced work, but very safety conscious.
Good job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 9, 2018
It’s been almost 30 years since I worked here, a lot had changed but I still keep in contact with some employees and they are happy to be working there
it was a very productive,fast pace environment
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
it was a fast paced, competitive,fairly stressful environment. it was nice getting paid weekly, but i needed more for my cost of living . the workers weren't really treated fairly, the starting pay should have been more for our pace/type of work they wanted from us. the benefits were nice too
Pros
Benefits, weekly pay, discounts
Cons
Short breaks, starting pay
It was fun and comfortable
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 9, 2018
I liked working at ups because my supervisor made sure we felt comfortbale the whole time there. The people there were friendly. I liked that we could talk while getting our job done all the time
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hour shifts
A competitive, quick paced environment.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 9, 2018
Ups was a very quick paced and competitive place to work, it was a good experience for me because I learned how to be responsible for my trailers as time passed on. I thought of that as a great opportunity for my self.
Really Laid Back
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2018
Driver helping Is a cool easy Job I could Do any time. I liked it a lot it was seasonal You never really had to do much and it Kept you busy all day. It was my first job like that and I wanna do it again.
Worked like slaves for lower than average pay
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Hodgkins, ILAugust 9, 2018
You will be worked like a slave for 5+ hours with not enough pay or long enough breaks. Although some of the management seems to know how to operate properly, most people in the company do not.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short break, not enough pay
Tough Job
AIR OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 9, 2018
Good job experience for your resume, but too stressful to handle. Our building specifically is too small to handle our volume so every night was a constant fight to meet the minimum production goals.
I loved working with the customers. I always wanted the customer to think UPS was the best.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sylva, NCAugust 9, 2018
If you are a strong person. Mentally and physically UPS is for you. I worked running the customer counter and worked in the warehouse. Very cold in the winter. The standing all the time was what got to me.
Benefits
Fade pacr work place
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Laurel mdAugust 9, 2018
It was a fast pace working environment I was really good at unloading trucks fast pace. I was also go at loading the trucks as well and sorting the packages
Pros
Break when you need it
Cons
Short breaks
Seasonal Work
Delivery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maspeth, NYAugust 9, 2018
Not much room for growth in the company doing seasonal work. Not much communication with the management team. You can meet good people working for this company.
Fast paced but could be relaxing at times but you should learn to multitask.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Notary (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAAugust 9, 2018
Customers are rushing in doing drop offs and your helping customers at the same time, while also having customers calling the store about their packages. I did learn a lot though and it really helped me to develop my multitasking skills. The management was okay I felt the owner of the store was being real cheep with supplies because he was opening another store and had to provide for both stores now.
Hardest part is keeping up with the pick up time at times we barely were able to ship everything out on time.Most enjoyable part of the job would be when your just in the back room making boxes it's so peaceful until another group of customers comes in.
Pros
You could print anything you needed just ask the boss
Cons
The owner had a way of doing thing and would really enforce that even if there was upset customers
Hard work if you're a slacker
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 8, 2018
While I was there the building was still beig built so there wasn't a lot of organization but typically you have a set scheduele for the week depending on your shift and then you go to your assigned section and wait for the mini meeting when everyone arrives and then depending on the volume of packages you get, you will be loading boxes varying from 2 pounds all the way up to 200 pounds into trailers with a specific destination and then once your load is done you get to clock out but there is no specific end time. Some days you are only there for 2 hours compared to other days where you are there for 12 hours.
Pros
Benefits, management, room for advancement
Cons
Low pay, hard work
Good part time
Air Dock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 8, 2018
Personally. I love the job. It's nothing like retail or food. I do find the lack of hours and lack of decent pay to be upsetting. Expect a fast pace, heavy and hard lifting enviroment from the ground up. Even when I was trained for hours over two weeks, I was kept at the same pay rate.
Pros
Union
Cons
Lack of hours, poor upper management.
For hard working indiviuals
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46268August 8, 2018
Hard job, but not if your used to the work. Its easy once your about 3 or 4 months in. With my experience there management was poor but the pay is worth what time you do put in.
Pros
Short work hours
Cons
Restless and low pay
productive and fun place to work
Operations Supervisor - UPS (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 8, 2018
only part time work available. hard to get full time management positions very cut throat and like a rat race to get full time management position .
Fast paced and stressful but well compensated.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 8, 2018
UPS is a fast paced and stressful job. In any position.There are very long days, however, you are well compensated. Especially once you get into the Driver position.
I worked at a store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland, INAugust 8, 2018
I worked at a UPS Store, not for UPS. I liked the job, lots of different things to do. Putting mail away, making copies, laminating things. I thought it was fun.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight