UPS Employee Reviews

35.6K
21.7K
11.3K
Found 24,559 reviews matching the search See all 26,462 reviews
Great job, tougher work/life balance
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 10, 2018
I really love what I am doing just wish it could be done in a normal work week. Worked well over 60 hours per week. Also wish there was a more formal training.
I was just seasonal
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 10, 2018
I was seasonal but I would of loved to stay except I was already signed up to start my CDL class. The environment was fast paced really focused on safety and consistency. The people were very welcoming and helpful. Great place to work at.
Great work enivorment
UPS Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
They give the people a chance to grow , management is top notch. It is hard work but it is worth it , the pay is weekly and the hours are nice you get to meet a lot of folks.
Pros
pay
Cons
nothing
Small Sorts (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 10, 2018
Yes it was a typical, hard-working day at UPS. I learned to move fast and always stayed busy, The management team was awesome and the hardest part of the job was loading big and heavy boxes.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
no breaks
Great job when you work hard.
Product Distribution Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNAugust 10, 2018
Company was great. I even got to Drive Saturday deliveries . Worked Predawn shift unloading boxes on to conveyors and sorting. The hardest part of the job was the best.
Pros
great work out
Cons
bad supervisors
Job Summary
Contract Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2018
The cleaning service I worked for, had a contract with UPS. The company always paid on time and was a pretty good, cleaning contract. The people there were always good to me.
Pros
getting off early
Cons
complaining about cleaning
productive and decent place to work
Hub Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 9, 2018
}As a supervisor my daily duties were to run my area with my crew while maintaining safety and working efficiently.

}I learned to better my communication skills, and how to work more effectively under extreme pressure.

}Management needs improvement with a few things in order to make the work environment more pleasurable for their employees and decrease the turnover rate.

}The hardest part of the job was finishing all the necessary paperwork before the end of the shift.

}The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my employees at a personal level which created a strong bond and better production.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
negative attitudes from management constantly
This company will screw you over in a heart beat.
PM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 9, 2018
You are simply number here and expendable. I worked as part time supervisor for 2 1/2 years. Business Manager says they are changing the hours I work. I inform him that due to my other job I really can’t (They don’t pay well either, whole $.50 hour raise after a year and a half, so had to have another job) I was told either comply or turn in your resignation. I walked, best thing I ever did. Had another job same day making more money. If you want to be abused and held accountable for numbers a proven flawed system or numbers they routinely manipulate then be my guest. Personally I would rather work someplace they are not constantly threatening you with your job even when you bust your backside for them.
Pros
Free high blood pressure, didn’t have it until working there
Cons
The company structure, management and executives.
Decent place to work
Loader (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 9, 2018
Ups is a good place to work part time but cannot be your only job if you have your own place and other bills to pay. If you choose to work here you will be happy
Pros
Nice pay for part time
Cons
Do not have full time
Fun work place if you like fast Pace work ethic.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2018
I learned when working with UPS that they will push you until you can't breath but the gist of it is don't stop don't even weary about stopping either the main thing I liked about the job is the team work and love my co-workers did for me and I did for them. It's not for everybody I can tell you that for the most part.
Cons
Short breaks
Ok place
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
Ups was a great place to work. Sometimes it can get tiring unloading and loading trucks that had heavy boxes. I can honestly say people there were helpful.
Unloader supervisor in training (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 9, 2018
It's a great place to work. The people are nice and very helpful. I need more hours and better pay for the hard work and fast pace that is required of the workers.
Pros
A great work out very physical job
Cons
Minimal hours
Productive and hard workplace
Preloader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
A typical day at ups thousands of packages coming all at you at once on a conveyor belt take it off put it in the truck at a fast pace and repeat until it’s time to go
This job did not supply mask for the dust that was getting in the employe's system from the UPS trucks.
PACKAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2018
A typical day working at UPS could be ok and bad but never a good day. I learned that inside some warehouse industries, they can be very unorganized with how they conduct their work. The Managment was not so good. The workplace culture was unfair. The hardest part about the job trying to unload 40,000 packages within a half an hour. The most enjoyable part of the day was when it was time to go home.
Fun fast paced work environment with a almost family feel
UPS Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 9, 2018
UPS is a competitive fast paced work environment whilst being relaxed never too much pressure. There is always opportunities for advancing and making more money through ups which is also a plus
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, weekly pay, no dress code
Cons
No real breaks, low pay
Fast paced
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 9, 2018
A typical day started off setting up the equipment to make loading the packages into the trucks easier. It was a lot of fast-paced work, but very safety conscious.
Good job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYAugust 9, 2018
It’s been almost 30 years since I worked here, a lot had changed but I still keep in contact with some employees and they are happy to be working there
it was a very productive,fast pace environment
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2018
it was a fast paced, competitive,fairly stressful environment. it was nice getting paid weekly, but i needed more for my cost of living . the workers weren't really treated fairly, the starting pay should have been more for our pace/type of work they wanted from us. the benefits were nice too
Pros
Benefits, weekly pay, discounts
Cons
Short breaks, starting pay
It was fun and comfortable
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAAugust 9, 2018
I liked working at ups because my supervisor made sure we felt comfortbale the whole time there. The people there were friendly. I liked that we could talk while getting our job done all the time
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not enough hour shifts
A competitive, quick paced environment.
UPS Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 9, 2018
Ups was a very quick paced and competitive place to work, it was a good experience for me because I learned how to be responsible for my trailers as time passed on. I thought of that as a great opportunity for my self.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UPS.

Powered by Comparably