US Airways

Arlington, VA26 reviews

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,016 reviews

US Airways insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

I love working

I’m happy working us airways cool customer service and Gertrude when you work feel free cool agent and so many hard worker and we work hard together that is so cool

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

1 hour launch break

Travel Benefits

The company is large enough to find your niche in one or more departments. There are strict rules and regulations to follow which makes things easier to follow.

Pros

Room for growth and promotions

Cons

Pay is low but there are other benefits.

alot of benitfit

i was happy working for this company the gave me and my family the best benifit by seeing the world and good health plan days off vaction and safe work inviorment

Productive interesting

It is a good company to work for specially if you are very young or a retired from other type of industry just for the benefits. Gives the opportunity to see the world while working and having a good time.

Pros

you could make trips with your family on stand by. Met all sort of interesting people.

Cons

you missed most of the holidays

Corporate office moved

This section is not relevant as I worked in corporate and it is no longer in Virginia. The office has since moved to Texas. Just trying to fill in the characters required here.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Wonderful Opportunity

This job was by far the best job for benefits. My family and I were able to fly almost anywhere at no cost. I enjoyed my job. I did everything from typing letters to immigration.

Airways

• Set up, managed, maintained and installed employee workstations and internal servers • Physically construct the network cabling, hubs and servers • Maintained office procedures for back up, disaster recovery and upgrades • Offer internal workstation and technical support to end-users • Available on call basis as required for emergency response for internal and customer support

Pros

stable

Cons

pay

TAKE ASSIGN,prepare aircrafts ,load, and do services need to be done,learned a lot,fast paced,but the good part,time passed fast,really good place to work

workplace with tv

I serviced flights that were on a computer screen. My primary concern was safety then getting the flights out on time and not losing any bags. Also I was concerned about achieving a sustained record or performance.

Pros

tv in breakroom

Cons

computer malfuncions

Us airways

As a Passenger Sales and Service front counter bilingual agent I enjoyed working at the National Airport of Washington DC ( the new airport), back then there were no treats of terrorism; that all changed after 9/11. the Company was growing and had just squired The Shuttle to La Guardia and Boston airports, the possibilities for growth were there. Unfortunately I had to relocate to Florida for a Family issue and left the Company.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at US Airways?

Was a good place to work considering at the time they were based in Crystal City. Enjoyed the flight benefits, and overall the majority of employees were very nice

Fun

I enjoy Working at this property..I work in HR so it was always fun to see my co-workers when Monday comes..The HR office was moved to another states and i did not want to move.

Learning the bisiness and flight schedules and working with others

Great working with a group of professional people dedicated to customers and services. Nice benefits and time for family life and the flying for free benefit compensates for the pay. Work environment was usually cooperative and there were good chances for advancement to different department and great training. The employees were supportive and always put the customer first. There are difficult times when weather causes delays or cancellations but the team stayed focus on the problem and resolutions to help the employee assist the customer, enjoyed working and having conversations with co-workers.

Pros

Relationship building and solving customers problems.

Cons

Flight delays and cancellations

Fun productive workplace

A typical day at work consent of loading and unloading bags on aircraft. I have learned a lot about how aircrafts operate. Management can be strict at times but in most cases very good managers. A lot of co-workers very reliable. The hardest part about the job we had a fingerprint clock in system so always had to be extra early to work. I enjoyed the most at work was having conversations with co-workers.

Pros

travel benefits

Cons

hard parking

Great people,exciting,learning about aircraft safety procedures

It's a great place to work with wonderful people.Learning about flight plans and aircraft safety was a great experience while working for the airline industry.

Pros

Exciting, Benefits etc

Cons

n/a

not a good company to work for

they have a poor management to work for. They only promoted among friends job was not equally distributed. The environment and work condition not safe.

Pros

Cons

non

Fast Paced Environment

US Airways now referred to as the new American is a fast paced working environment. One will expect to make many quick decisions with little notice or time.

Pros

Free flight benefits

Cons

Cancellation of flights can cause a high stress environment

This is a great company to work for. Lot's of opportunities.

Interacting with B to B Companies. Visiting accounts and listening to their needs and coming up with a resolution, for a win win situation for both parties involved. I had great co-workers and my manger gave the best support to all of that reported to him

Pros

Travel Benefits, good insurance. Great opportunites

Cons

The Comoany moved its headquarters to AZ.

loved the benefits

• Responsible for complying with established rules and regulations per company policy and expectations • Ensure quality service with consumer handling and equipment • Coordinate operational activities and communicate with other personnel • Maintained a safe and positive work environment • Lift passenger luggage onto aircraft • Direct pilots to runway for takeoff and landing

new challenge

worked in a completely new & exciting environment , meeting interesting people & discovering that you only thought you new it all. but thankfully-people like to share work knowledge & experiences & most listen to yours also & i guess it's a swap! worked with about 75% former military people & some had some very thorough training to share. don't have to worry about doing repetitive work on an airport, plenty of variety & excitement. constantly attending educational classes pertaining to your work environment.

Pros

always learning & challenged.

Cons

having to work night shifts because of seniority, not home when you'd like to be, tough when your children are still little.

Airline industry is completely overrated

Hard work but an easy job nevertheless. But management is the unethical you will probably ever see in your life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Airways. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.4
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight