US Airways Employee Reviews

Great place to work for. Excellent benefits
Flight Fund Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 28, 2017
I enjoyed staying on point at all times. The job was very important. I learned that it is very important to pay close attention to details. I would be very easy to make a mistake, and instead of sending someone to Paris France, send them to Paris Texas. The culture was subdued and very focused on the job at hand. The hardest part of the job was not taking the work home with me. The most enjoyable part of the job were to flight benefits.
Pros
Extreme freedom in travel.
Cons
Slightly cold and sterile work environment.
Weather played a major part in work day activity
Pilot Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 27, 2017
Work was fast- paced and under pressure to make sure all Federal Aviation Regulations, collective bargaining agreements and company policies were followed.
Pros
The money
Cons
no breaks unless you were a smoker
Excellent place to work
Material Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 26, 2017
They treated employees with respect, and worked as team players. Great flight benefits, and insurance. Always willing to help with suggestions. Turnover of employees was very low, due to good pay and benefits. Foreman's always available when needed.
Pros
everything was great, good to employees
Productive workplace
Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 24, 2017
Hands down one of the best jobs ever. Easy going, relaxed work environment (when the flight were on time). The job had good benefits and perks. The required work hours were not too bad. there was always opportunities for overtime.
team players
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 21, 2017
working with passenger and there security is a most for me at USAirways. Putting a smile in passenger that don't like to fly. Loving the challenge. I think one of the hardest part of this job was letting a passenger know they lost there plane.
great benefits
Operations manager Catering PHL (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 21, 2017
If working the AM shift, consistently filling gaps in staffing, briefings to all teams. Communicated any issues with higher ups. Inspection of teams work, addressed any all employee concerns. Ensured adequate staffing for PM turnover. ordered all stock and equipment necessary for all shifts. Provided shift report, accident reports to higher ups. Counseling employees.
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
No breaks, stress level high.
It was a very long boring job that had to be done- I was only a temporary
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2017
It was very boring at first then you got used to it. with what I was doing I didn't get to learn very much.Management was just ok nothing special.culture there was very competitive.the hardest part of the job was trying to stay awake since it was so repetitive work and the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
short breaks
Productive Experience
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 17, 2017
Enjoyed my experience working with the individuals as well as my employees. Coming to work everyday was different which made me enjoy the daily tasks even more.
Marketing and Sales Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 16, 2017
You need to have strong management skills and techniques to motivate staff and create positive, productive work environment. Overall good place to work.
Love US Airways and American
REGIONAL PROJECT MANAGER- AIRPORT PROJECTS (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2017
Such a great corporate culture!
The travel benefits are great!
If you work hard, they take note and give you more responsibility and a chance to grow and learn more to advance your career.
Time
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2017
Good job to learn about airbus skill commutation understand your skill. They allow people to pick up extra hours from other co-workers
The most enjoyable part was learning new experiences every day
Pros
lunch
Cons
heathcare
poor management, poor working conditions, lack of professionalism
Sales and Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 14, 2017
chairs extremely uncomfortable, lack of leadership and communication with staff. no room for advancement. poor vacation rules and demanding of overtime.
Pros
free flights
Cons
treated like children, executives were absent in office
fast paced
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 10, 2017
I loved working for US Airways. I was sad when I had to leave.
It is a great place to work if you like fast paced and challenges everyday. I love the culture that US Airways provided.
Pros
Free flight benefits, vacation, benefits.
Cons
Not enough hours for me
Initiative,Teamwork skills, Time Managerment,Workplaced culture
ARICAM WEST AIRLINE - Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2017
Initiative : Positive
Teamwork Skills: Positive
Time Managerment : Positive
Learned : Positive
Workplace culture: Positive
Is Goog placed to work and Learned
Your contacts can take you places, not your hard work.
Technologies Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
All you need to know are the right contacts. Few leaders work with vendor companies to get anybody into any role, for reasons not known and even back them irrespective of their performance.

Work-lift balance is normally good, but depends on your managers. Few feel their direct reports are paid out of their pockets and have the "bossy" attitude. Jobs security is good, as long as you deliver, but don't expect any major pay hikes - irrespective of you being a super star or a side kick. All in all, there is lot of chatter about equality, diversity etc., but looks awesome on paper and that's where it's restricted to.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Lots to list
company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2017
It was a great company to work for and people were awesome to work with there really not much to say other they r out of servicewhat else there I miss the company
Pros
more hours
Cons
less pay
Lots of good people, friendly and helpful
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2017
Loved working for the airline and the airline business. It was a job of responsibility and at times fast pace.
An employee is able to work thru out the airport in different levels and capacity. Ramp agent, Catering, Baggage, weather room, least and found. A BIG advantage for the employee. Like having multiple jobs under one umbrella.
Pros
Down time in between flights
Cons
Weather...rain, snow, extreme heat or cold the tarmac can be difficult to work.
Great place
Associate Manager Product & Communications (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2017
Great package, benefits, flight options which included family, and if not married with kids can include a friend or significant other. Company overall is a great spot, culture is fantastic, management was ok but tolerable.
great
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2017
great travel. great lifestyle. no complaints at all. i would work for the company again, given the chance. i don't have much more to say but its asking me for at least 150 characters.
great place to work
Senior Accounting Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 21, 2017
loved my job and co workers. Management was wonderful also. We had great benefits and free travel was the best. I hated to loose this job due to 9/11.
Pros
travel, pay, benefits
Cons
lay offs