US CORRECTIONS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work Place
Field Training Officer and Classroom Instructor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne FLSeptember 19, 2018
Working here is fast paced and always on the road, you really dont have a life, always being called to tranport some criminal somewhere or to another jail. Pay is really lacking for the work completed.
Pros
Cool Uniform
Cons
No life, little pay
Alot of travel. Exciting work. Great experience builder.
Extradition Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 19, 2018
I recently read some of the other reviews that were low. Don't' listen to that stuff. New management team has raised the pay AND the standards so a lot of disgruntled former employees out there now that have been fired for poor performance and misconduct.

I have been here a few years and have seen the company grow and improve constantly. Pays is more than you can make in LE or corrections. We have also recently taken over 2 smaller companies and some of their employees were not happy with the new standards and more professional requirements. Someone also mentioned that the pay was cut. Not true... we actually got a $20 per day raise this year. The money is really good plus you get $50 per day in per-diem.

There is a lot of travel and you do have to deal with inmates, but if you are a decent person and can handle the travel time it is a great job! As for the sitting home for weeks I don't know what that is about... I have never sat home more than about 4 days between assignments unless I requested time off.

Don't listen to the negative stuff. Its not a bad place to work, plus if you are a good employee, you can be promoted really fast. Probably not a job you will want to do for 10 years but a great company to get some experience and do a lot of travelling for a year or two.
Pros
Travel and experience
Cons
Time away from home if you have a family.
NO, Just NO!!!!! Don't Do it!
Military, Corrections, Law Enforcement (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
The company recent remodeled the pay infrastructure, which took money from the officers (US Corrections) in Florida and gave a serious pay raise to the Tennessee based (PTS) officers. In this line of work where your on the road constantly and away from home the pay needs to be better.

40000-44000 is a sham...there were officers sitting waiting for work...can't make 40k if your sitting at home.

You can't continue to take advantage of people while you make millions. $8.50 is not enough...yes $8.50 an hour to risk your life over night driving carrying prisoners, fugitives...some with Aids/HIV, Hepatitis and host of other diseases. It is not enough. The owners are greedy and wrong. The in your face, if you don't like it doesn't work. Pay people what they are worth, train them right, invest in your staff.

All the guys with military, corrections back ground deserve more. Straight con artist.
very bad
Fugitive Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 16, 2018
the worst most underpaid job i've ever had, for what we were doing the pay should've been upward of $50 an hour compared to what they where making at the top.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Extradition Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 4, 2018
NOTE: This is the same company as PTS(Which is public and published information)

I worked for this company a while back. I was with them for a fair amount of time. The job itself wasn't that bad. Dealing with fugitives, and even the extended periods of time on the road, was easier than dealing with the company. They try and sell it like that's why people leave the company and it's not.

The pay only slightly went up recently but not by much, and it's nothing compared to what other extradition companies pay. The other reviews hit the nail on the head. You can make around the same as a cop, if you stay on the road 28 days a month. That's simply not going to happen unless you're lucky. Other times, you may be off work for two weeks at a time. They did that to someone who went through training with me. He had just joined and they kept him off work for a couple weeks with no word as to when he'd work.. So you might be out for 3 weeks and then request 2 days off, but then they'll end up keeping you off for a week. My gripe isn't about being on-call or working a lot. It's about randomly getting a lot of time off when you have bills to pay and not have any word of when you can get back on the road.

I worked every holiday possible there and didn't get any type of additional compensation. They'd make us go several days without a shower at a time. A lot of the other agents were extremely unprofessional. It was one of the most unprofessional and unorganized companies I had ever worked for.
Cons
good work experience, bad job.
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 3, 2018
You might be trying to get your way into a company that pays more than what you already make, and this pay is comparable to a $12/hour job. you will not be able to make the advertised salary unless you are office staff, the work is sporadic, unsteady, and you could be home for 10+ days at a time (which you will never be paid for). when you do get work, you can be gone for long periods of time, this job is not for a family man for this exact reason, oh also the reason that it doesnt pay near what is advertised, and if you have regular bills, you will not be able to pay all of them and put decent food on your table that you will not have because you wont be able to afford a table made of anything stronger than cardboard... In all seriousness, the work experience is good, but the job isnt. the office and managers only worry about themselves, they do not care for your well being, and they will try to work you through your scheduled time off. its almost like they try to make the employees miserable. if you track your hours, you'll see how many hours you dont actually get paid for, you will not receive a holiday bonus or pay, and the job has virtually no real benefits. the recruitment page is a lie in the most basic form. This is part of the largest prisoner transport private company in the business and other smaller transport agencies pay you more, dont overwork you, as well as the fact that you will not struggle to work either, and they will make sure you go home to a bed and a shower every night. this job will not. they do not care about you or anyone beside themselves. military,  more... LEO, anything like that, it doesnt matter, they dont care, and they will not have your back if a situation arises.  less
Pros
you get to see the country
Cons
you dont get to experience any part of the country you see. bad pay, 0 benefits, non caring higher up staff
Non caring company
Transport Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 30, 2017
US corrections promised the world but didn't come close to caring for the employees. It could of been that they were bought out by a competitor but a person has to argue with them to take a shower after 3 days on the road.
Pros
Non
Cons
A non caring attitude
good Experience
Armed Fugitive Extradition Officer (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 23, 2015
It was a good experience to work for this company. I had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling, meet new people, and get on the job training.
Pros
travel
Cons
long runs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US CORRECTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

1.9