US Department of the Air Force Employee Reviews

Great Career
Component Maintenance Division Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXJune 19, 2018
Working with the government is a long term objective. The benefits, stability, and security of a government job is the long term goal. The government offers many career opportunities to veterans and non veterans alike. Management, supervision, administrative and technical fields are all found in this field of work.
Short term is weekly/ yearly paycheck in a work environment chock full of benefits: annual leave, sick leave, health insurance, life insurance and training. Long term: pension and health insurance into retirement.
Pros
Safety and stability.
Cons
Government bureaucrac.
Workforce Environment
Secretary to the Commander (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 5, 2018
The work environment is extremely busy. The Federal Government provides continuous training for all personnel in preparation for internal or external upward mobility. Apart of one's job duties, employees learn the Defense Readiness Condition (DEFCON) levels of threats such as public and cybersecurity. Additional training involves safety, security measures, and remaining vigilant of one's environment. The department engages in different types of activities such as sports, fundraising events, and feeding indigent people within the community. The synergy in the workplace increases morale, which is the management's ultimate goal in this respect.
Pros
Assisting indigent people in the community with food and clothing.
Cons
Should increase the frequency of helping impoverished people.
Moderate pace,and work all departments
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2018
Learned coding,updated military folders.Very confidential environment.Met dead lines and learned protocols,Updated all old military files.Learned to decode information and hand scanned all documents.
Pros
It was a privilege to work for the DOD
Cons
The civilians got laid off .
Fast paced meaningful service
Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 15, 2018
I have learned valuable leadership and management skills. I have served with numerous people leading diverse teams to achieve mission objectives. A great way to achieve your goals.
Pros
30 days vacation
Cons
not living where you want
Great People and Great Place to Work
Director of Religious Education (Current Employee) –  Richardson, AKDecember 28, 2017
The people I work with have the employee and family in mind continually. If something is going on in the family it is almost a need to let your co-workers know and they have all stepped up to help in many different ways. Everyone here is no less than incredible and the best to work with - it is an awesome career and environment.
Pros
Family First
Civilian Govt. job in Services
Lead Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  DEApril 10, 2018
Typical govt. job for civilians. Work morale depends on leadership and command which changes often - sometimes good, sometimes bad but overall enjoyed my time working for them in the marketing department and clubs.
Very much centered on the process not the product
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins GADecember 8, 2017
The job was secure and we had all the tools we needed to be sucessfull, however the process is often the objective rather than achieving a particular result,
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Pay, tough to advance
Job Review
Propulsions Specialist (Current Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJJanuary 16, 2018
I have always wanted to serve my country. Serving as a reservist and still attending school has given me the best of both world. I would recommend this opportunity to anyone.
Excellent Manager; great team work; redotnition for a job well-done.
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MANovember 21, 2017
I have only the utmost respect and admiration for my superiors. Work was distributed fairly and equitably and team work was of the greatest importance. Best and most interesting job I held in the Federal Government sector.
Pros
Awesome work environment.
Cons
Very young atmosphere, not always professional.
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 19, 2017
Would have been a place I feel I could have succeeded, the announcement of my fiancée having twins initiated my move to be with her. There isn't an exact culture of success, you basically have to ask for advice, then follow through on your own without much guidance.
Pros
I actually enjoyed the job and the airman.
Cons
Night and day difference between airman and civiians.
working envirnment
Computer Specialist (Programmer/Analyst) (Former Employee) –  McClellan AFB, CASeptember 25, 2017
It rated this is on top of the list. The systematic of job processing and human work team is great. Unfortunately, jobs got re-located. Every time when things are settled and the organization got transfer of function and relocated else where.
Pros
Found good organizational working environment
Cons
Organizations always relocated
Long, hard, fun, enjoyed the team
Electronics Technicion supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAJune 17, 2017
Personnel install, evaluate, maintain, modify and certify facilities, services and equipment that support the Air Force They are also responsible for various auxiliary duties that contribute to providing reliable Aircraft to support the mission of the Air Force..
Pros
experance
Cons
politics
Challenging and past-faced
42nd Air Base Wing Command Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 5, 2017
I am not at liberty to disclose this information. In summations, the nature of this of position includes day-to-day office functions and administration with a high-level of confidentiality.
Great people, Great work environment
Security Forces Squadron Commander Secretary (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CA 95903September 18, 2017
If it were not for the 50 mile one way commute, I may still be working there again and may have never left. Loved the people, the work, just not the location.
Pros
work environment, co-workers
Cons
location
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 28, 2017
From hire to when I left working for the U.S. Department of Air Force was an enjoyable experience. I recommend it in every capacity. Working with the military personnel was a joy.
Awesome place
Classification Specialist GS (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAAugust 8, 2017
This was a very honorable place to work where we learned about our military and what they do to keep the country safe. I took pride in my job and was taught to be a great hr specialist there.
Usaf
Desk Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Edwards, CAJune 25, 2017
Manage Flight activities, Dispatch to security issues and secure facilities. Ensure security policies are being followed. Contact local law enforcement for issues occurring off base or Co-operative response.
cool experience
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOMay 12, 2017
overall it was a great experience. Got to learn new skills and interact with new groups of individuals on a seemingly daily basis. This particular job was never quite the same day in day out.
Pros
got to work on homework.
Cons
late night shifts