US Ecology Employee Reviews

the company is awesome
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 16, 2019
we got bonuses and raise and continued training. threw company parties. offer tuition reimbursement. worked hard. a lot of walking and straining. worked with you and cared about there employees.
Pros
great company to work for.
Cons
a lot of physical work involved
Loved it
Maintenance and operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 28, 2018
Excellent place to work. Loved it and the people . 2 thumbs up. Learned alot sbout safety and doing things the correct way. Management was always helpful and friendly
was like a family
detriot, mi transfer and process operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 7, 2018
every one i worked with was awesome. we were like a big family all worked well with one another. long hour multiple applications for the job. managers directly above you were great the ones above them not so
Good Place to Work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2018
Good place to work, they just don't pay well.
I would recommend them to someone for a job if they don't need
to rely on their income alone. People are really great!
High Risk/Low Reward Job
Hazardous Waste Processor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
Employees are disposable there, the working conditions are subpar, they work employees to death and throw them away when they are done with them. There are very few advancement opportunities.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Working Conditions, hours, advancement opportunities
Positive Support Team
Human Resource Generalist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 17, 2018
I enjoy the outlook on the company's potential and the positive influences I feel from my leadership team. I enjoy knowing I am playing a large role in improving our environment.
Pros
Great Benefits: Good PTO: Excellent Values
Very Fufilling job
CHEMICAL OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 14, 2018
Great atmosphere to work in great pay great benefits plenty of payed time off but you have to work for it managed by great people very Fufilling job
Great fun place to work
Chemical cleanup (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2018
The management at US Ecology is the best I have ever had. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet lots of new people and work outside under any and all conditions. A typical day at US Ecology consist of lots of exercise and lifting, always staying busy and everyone working together to get the job done. I learned how to communicate with others better and also improved my leadership skills.
Work expectations far exceed salary compensations
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulligent, ALJuly 25, 2018
Poor communication and lack of responsible management in the Southeast make this a poor choice for gainful employment. Employees stressed to complete work with no applicable guidance from upper management. Salary not competitive for hazards involved. Safety for remote site handled from afar. No opportunity for advancement locally. Tools necessary to perform work not readily supplied.
Pros
Benefits provided, though expensive
Cons
Stressful, hazardous work environment for the pay
Great Job
Driver/Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
I loved working for this company. It was great until we lost a major contract with a vendor and had to downsize causing a huge lay off process. A typical day consisted of traveling from state to state. Meeting new people and learning about new places. Management gave you the upmost freedom. Only bothering you if there was a problem.
Abuse of positions to enact personal preferences
Accounts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 18, 2018
HR and department supervisors would advise situations based on friendship and personal taste, becoming exceedingly unfair and biased. Constant inter-departmental blame that forced expensive and redundant rash solutions.
Pros
Good starting job
Cons
Moral ambiguity needed for company advancement
Fun work environment
Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIApril 30, 2018
If this company would step up the salary for Chemist then it would be perfect. The benefits are great and free food occasionally a plus. Great place to start off a science career.
Pros
Fun people, lots to learn and great management
Cons
Pay
Ok job if you have a degree
Process Operator II (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 13, 2018
No advancement and poor management.and the management rides the wrong needs to look at there problem childs and not the ones who do there jobs all day
Pros
Pay
Cons
No advancement and poor management
A Great Place to Work
Project Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIJanuary 25, 2018
US Ecology is a great company that has a lot of opportunities. There is a strong safety culture, and workers that I came across were dedicated and loyal to the company. Many co-workers had been working there 10+ years. I enjoyed working there.
it is a very fast pace job but there are many resources to help
General Clerk, Billing/HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Laveen, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Everyone is very friendly and are willing to help each-other out. There is an open door policy and helps out tremendously since we are all every spread out.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
raises are that much
A Positive Transformation
Administrative (Current Employee) –  MichiganDecember 8, 2017
The company went through an acquisition a few years ago, and the changes being made are definitely positive. My colleagues are knowledgeable, and everyone seems to be behind the mission and vision of the company.

The benefits are some of the best I have ever had, and my manager is very flexible. The company is growing rapidly and people are excited about new sites and jobs that are being created.

The work being done at US Ecology often goes unseen, but it's critical to the health and wellbeing of our communities. It's nice to be a part of a company that stands behind what they do with pride.
Pros
Culture, benefits, mission/vision, good people, important and meaningful work
December 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We take great pride in the work that we do, and we are fortunate to have such a dedicated and passionate team working on behalf of our customers every day.

Poor wage/benefits/managment
Logistics Coordinator/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 3, 2017
I have been working for US Ecology for 2.5 years. I have received outstanding yearly reviews from my supervisor and manager. They praise me on my work ethics, dedication and punctuality. I have not received one raise because my general manager wont allow it. The benefits cost too much for employees with children.
Pros
Occasional lunch provided
Cons
No brakes given, cut throat work environment between departments. General manager plays favorites.
December 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all the hard work and contributions of our team members, and strive to provide exceptional benefits at an affordable cost to our employees. We value and consider all feedback, and will continue looking for ways to improve in the future.

Poor mangement
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 30, 2017
They don't want people to advance unless they are a favorite even if they lack the skill. They also the non favorites like trash and will try to humiliate you in front of other employees for their own personal amusement.
December 18, 2017

We appreciate your review and feedback about this experience. US Ecology strives to create a comfortable and collaborative environment for our employees. It appears we have fallen short here. Please reach out to the Corporate Human Resources Manager so we can address and resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

Everyone is very helpful
Deep Well Operator (Current Employee) –  Robstown, TXSeptember 25, 2017
I usually attend the safety meeting first, we will discuss issues that need attention. I think that overall I like my work environment the only down side is working in the heat.
Postive
Receiving Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 19, 2017
It's a nice place to work for they are still working on their communication skills which management is focusing on more.
Nice benefits package & many more.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Communication