US Farathane Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 11, 2018
A us farathane , we design and manufacture highly engineered
plastic injection- molded components ,make them available to
you in variety of ,size ,shapes
Productive and fun
Macine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
If you don't like to sit around and keep you busy this is the place to work at. The culture is very friendly. Management rewards you if you come to work everyday and on time. They give you bonuses every quarter if the plant hits the metrics.
Pros
Free Pizza, Teamwork, Friendly envirnonment
Great Place to Work
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIApril 8, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at US Farathane the people were great the working environment was challenging and I would love to have an opportunity to work there again.
Busy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIMarch 28, 2018
There is much to do and work starts immediately. Hard work is recognized and great attendance is appreciated. Management is fair but they do their job and expect you to do yours. The hardiest part is the chemicals in the air and the plant life drama.
Typical assembly line job, better than many
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 26, 2018
During my time working here, I enjoyed it. This was a few years ago so I don't know how much has changed, but it was not an overly strict, can't even take a bathroom break type of place then.
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 25, 2018
i like my job at us farathane ,i work 17th yrs.good management,supervisor,employes.we work friendly,enjoy.good benifets too,i miss my job and friends too.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Getting empty package to the press. Putting finished goods in proper location
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 21, 2018
I started as a machine operator and quickly moved up to a for lift operator. My duties include scanning product into inventory, putting product up numerically, getting right package to right press.
they had me on an assembly line but was qualified to operate the fork light
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2018
it was a good job but no future in it.had a lot of foreigners no experience.it was a temp to hire the hours were good but not guaranteed a position i was promised to be able to work the forklift but that day never came they wanted me to go thru the company to be full time it never happen just broken promises with experience i really seen myself growing with the company but it did not happen they management some of them didn't speak good english it was hard to understand it really was a mess and i really like the hours vbut the pay wasn't enough with the experience i had
Pros
the hours
Cons
people with no experience in high positions
At Will Employer
Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Worked there for six months, and was let go from company with no reason provided. Had no write ups at time of termination. Worked with plastic materials.
US Farathane
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2018
It's a fast-paced job very easy and simple work to do, you don't socialize as much there. I fell that the pay rate for the machine operators doesn't match the needs of the employees. But overall US Farathne is alright...
factory work setting
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 6, 2018
here I work on making the interiors of numerous cars. parts ranged from the dashboard of trucks to the center consoles. mainly plastic parts was what I handled at this setting
fast pace
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Its very fast and a lot of movement. The management is there and knows how to help you when you need there assistance. I would recommend a friend to work there anytime.
Great place to work!
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MIFebruary 5, 2018
I really enjoy working at US Farathane. The people and upper management are Great and understanding. There are always opportunities for advancement. very low turn over rate which says a lot about the company.
Pros
Great friendly enviroment.
Cons
nothing major
Not a place I would return to
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 30, 2018
The breaks are very short including lunch, There is special treatment for managers friends. Not a lot of training and they throw you on parts that you are not familiar with. A lot of gossiping between manager and long term employees.
Pros
40 hours
Cons
breaks
Very Bad place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 14, 2018
They have no supervision , no management ,some gets to do what they want, then make a good worker do the jobs that no one else will do, they are not considered for the well being of an employee, they don’t see a Doctor’s statement as nothing you get hurt there and you are just helpless when they want to let you go they right you up for anything. Had a friend work there for 30 days promised them the world and they never saw anything but wanted them to work 7 days a week. They have no safety programs. The company don’t care.......
Pros
Cons
Worse company every
Exploitive.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Very loud atmosphere, thankfully ear plugs are provided. Short 15 minute breaks that begin as soon as you walk away from your machine. By the time you arrive to break room or rest room, 2 to 3 minutes have already passed by due to the distance from some machines to destined area, so you are always rushed. Toxic atmosphere due to misunderstandings and frustration from work load and fatigue. Very low pay for such grueling and exploitive work. Strict no cell phone rules for workers on the floor (doesn't apply to office workers and engineers though). Insurance benefits are offered, however, pay is so low that most qualify for state benefits. One nice thing is they will offer English classes on Saturdays. So if you are among the lead's favorites, (favoristim is another thing) you get to work overtime and learn English and get paid for it! Sometimes HR personnel can be a little rude and condescending, very unprofessional.
Just apply at the other warehouses nearby, there is high turn over, hence, the permanent "now hiring" sign posted out front. This job is okay if you want to make a check in between actual decent jobs. Also shame on companies such as Tesla, Mercedes, GMC, Toyota for taking advantage of hard workers for such a low price. We have our very own sweatshops here in America. An important variable to the problem with poverty in America.
Pros
Small weekly paycheck
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 4, 2018
I just know you be a hard worker us farathane is a steady job that u must take serious but it's a good place to work and you not play around at this job good people helpful
Pros
30 minutes break
Great job to work at.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 29, 2017
Go there with positive attitude ready to work and learn things. The Team there is awesome and very helpful the work can be slow or face paced depending on your station.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
Needs Help
Health Safety & Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 27, 2017
Safety Items not a priority, they keep accepting the risks as the Norm. they don't see the risk that are there everyday. when you try to get them addressed they let you go.
Very poor job
Utility (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2017
I worked there for almost 14 months they let me go cause I was sick and couldn’t keep up for one day. The pay is poorly and they play favoritism. This job is very stressful and most of the leads and utility people are rude. Supervisor doesn’t care about you only the job. Human Resources only look out for themselves
Pros
There is none
Cons
It’s very very stressful