US Foods
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 3,337 reviews matching the search
Featured review
US Foods selected this as a representative review
I have been here for maybe 2 months now. I would have to say by far it's a great company that cares about family and safety over everything. They will bend over backwards to see that you succeed in the company. My boss is a great guy who has bent over backwards for me and has always been there to answer my questions at his most convenient time. They treat you like family rather than another driver they had to have. Can't wait to see what the future holds for me at this company. Also the pay is fantastic I make a good wage and get good family time everyday.
Pros
Everything so far. Third shift can be kind of hard with not getting sleepy.
Cons
None so far
Good money, but long hrs. Only got 1 good Manager that willing to help you and have your back. Overall...would be great if work load wasn't so much ALLL THE TIME
Pros
Money
Cons
Hrs and fellow employees
Its a good place to work at if youre chasing the money...but if youre a family person...working in the warehouse will take your time away from your family...a lot of overtime in the summer when it tends to get busy.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Lack of family time
Excellent job good hours , I go to work to get my job don’t and make money. We get paid good money , management is cool. I just stay to myself honestly
Pros
Pay
Cons
This is overall a good company to work for. There are days that are tougher than others. I wish there was more communication from upper level management.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay could be better
They require everything of you and support you none, I’m fact they put you down and degrade you no matter how hard you try, unrealistic expectations! You are disrespected thru the gate and it don’t end!
Pros
Above average pay for industry but once you do it you will know why!
Cons
Only ever took a break one time, dispatch skips it for you daily!
Managers don’t manage and supervisors don’t supervise, everyone else is trying to get someone else fired. Cut throat coworkers and management is far removed. The pay was somewhat fair but other than that it was horrible and I mean HORRIBLE! I wish their next subject good luck, they will need it.
Cons
If you want to start your day at 3 am and not get back to the dock until 4 or 5 pm then this is the place for you. Back Breaking physical labor. trailers and trucks are junk
Pay/Benefits are great. Driver will have one on call day which, usually means off. Routing/Scheduling bad now. Trucks maxed out if they can= worn out.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked
Good company to work for just long hours in which I like you get to experience of her states in the tri state area you meet new people being on the road is cool plus the drivers are very nice
Pros
Being out on thevroad
Cons
Great pay
Place is unorganized, management doesn't really care for the workers and its always clustered up badly when it comes to getting work done. Everyone is usually in such a rush to get orders selected that it's pretty much a mad house and not really a too safe environment, seeing as you can possibly be injured easily there. The pay is nice and all, but for the toll it takes on your work/life balance and what it's worth, you're better off working elsewhere.
Management does not really communicate as much as they should in my opinion could it have better communication? Yes. But overall the pay is GD the benefits are gd. Equipment is not the worst unfortunately folks opinion is worse than the job is but in my personal opinion as to myself I been their 10 yrs now and we all have our stressful days but doesn't every job? Look if your not afraid of work and want to make gd money this is a great place if it was a bad as many ppl put it as they wouldn't have the majority pass a yr . Everyone their is pass their 5th to 25 yrs of employment. Don't go by what ppl say and don't get pushed away from benefiting your fam your home every night and every Thursday your money is guaranteed 💯
Pros
None 80+ k. A yr
Tough starting out but gets easier over time. Pay is good, co-workers are friendly. Yes there are days when I hate my job but all in all I am happy with US Foods.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Digging for product on poorly picked pallets
Bad management bad Communication Then if you work very hard and finish your shift early They want you to help the lazy drivers with the high seniority.
Pros
If you are a resident you don’t get your free lunch’s
Cons
Lots of over time if you want it
The company is learning to be adapt to a constantly changing environment. The culture is evolving to be more diverse and inclusive with the addition of new departments.
Relaxed atmosphere and teamwork.Cross training went well and all cross trainers were knowledgeable. Management was amazing.Culture was always driven by cultural beliefs.Working remotely.The workforce.
Pros
Great atmosphere and room to grown and learn.
Cons
Being impacted by furlough.
pays good because there is no way that you would put up with the horrible culture. Most people are good but there are some bad ones here. You will work long hours so be prepared.
Since 2016, US Foods has been in a constant state of re-organization, making it difficult to achieve Company goals at the local level. US Foods has done an excellent job with its response to the Coronavirus pandemic, focusing on employee safety and implementing paid leave programs.
Pros
Excellent medical benefits
Cons
constant state of change, sometimes for the sake of change
I have worked here a while now. It was great starting out, but now it is so disorganized. Management only focuses on problems and not solutions. However, I have had some excellent co-workers in the past.
Pros
Excellent co workers especially when I started
Cons
Management, company culture
Warehouse was a joke. Only thing management was ever concerned with with getting cases out the door. Driver’s “Union” constitutes legalized theft. Union stewards are big fans of anyone who did bare minimum and routinely filed fictitious grievances against the company.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else. Use your imagination.
This is a very physically demanding job. Don't expect any kind of flexibility. You are a number and that's it. Want to be rewarded for getting done early they will add even more stops and cases. The expectation is extremely high.
Pros
Union benefits
Cons
On call and no weekends or holidays off for at least 6 years
  1. Employee Reviews