US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 2,069 reviews matching the search See all 2,075 reviews
Was enjoyable jobs the bosses treat you like a dog
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVNovember 8, 2018
I would not go back to work for them. My father actually put 20 years in for the company and left feeling the same way i do about the company. They only care about certain people who suck up and brown nose
Pros
Dont know of any pros
Cons
Most every experience i had there
Good money
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXNovember 6, 2018
I really like this job but the management at night were bias on other employees. They are not fair. I had grandmother who had a stroke and my manager was not going to let me off. Finally he did but then made me do a UA. After that, he just looked for things to pin on me.
Pros
Money
Cons
Unfair managers, they had their favorites.
Food Service Challenge
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
Demanding culture
Odd hours for warehouse
Driven, caring managers
Customer focus is paramount
work closely with sales team
learned a great deal working there
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Challenging work schedule
Horrible Management but good pay
Selector (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 6, 2018
Management was horrible, but pay was pretty good. Conditions in the freezer are extreme and causes illness with going in and out of the cold and warmer outside
Confusing,Misleading, unprofessional
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJNovember 5, 2018
I worked as a temp. Promised temp to hire in 30 days. For a year and a half I worked multiple positions and covered multiple people when they were absent. I have more knowledge and more skills than the average full-time US foods worker. Despite this I was let go because they were loosing more money then making, and they had to make cuts. I was giving no notice. No severance. No time to find something new. I live paycheck to paycheck. This was sudden and devastating to me. I formed great relationships with the lower level workers and enjoyed my job. It seemed the one who made the decision for me to go is also the same person who has no clue what any of his workers do.(And who you NEVER see) Mistakes by the company are often repeated and never fixed. And managers and supervisors are constantly replaced or fired. Which also explains why they can never get anything right because ideas are always conflicting and contradicting. I never got one paid sick day. I never got vacation time. I never received holiday pay. I was used, and abused. I was convenient because I would have cost more to hire as “company”. So it was cheaper for them to hire me to do everyone’s job and never give me any benefits. I was there a year in a half and had no infractions. I was a respected worker. Don’t work for US foods in Perth Amboy. Also spoiled food gets shipped right back out despite it being a health risk. Don’t even do business with US Foods in Perth Amboy.
Pros
Great people(lower level workers) fast environment, good pay (better if you get benefits)
Cons
Poor management, very unorganized, shady, Unprofessional
chance to advance
switcher driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2018
This is a great company to start a career with.The oppurtunities are there for advancement.From moving up in the warehouae to driving trucks.One of my better experiences in the food business.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
no set quiting time
USFoods is a good Company to work for. Different departments to work for.
Food Delivery Distribution Driver/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 4, 2018
Great Company. I've been working for this company almost 17 years, and i have been working in different areas and learned different tasks.
There is always round table meetings with different departments to see what kind of challenges we are confronting and find the best solutions.
Pros
Good Benefits, different shifts, competitive pay
Cons
Don't know what to say. I consider myself a good hard worker
Quick money, or not worth it.
WAREHOUSE SELECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJNovember 4, 2018
Bad upper management ruins what could really be a good place to work. Union's in the companies pocket. They'll take your dues, but when you need REAL support,.....sorry, it's not in their best interest. Warehouse is not designed safely for long term working environment. Rolling racks were taken out of the warehouse when redesigned to save the company $900,000 = more injuries from having to crawl / hunch-walk under shelving to pick. Co-workers are almost all great to work with, even supervisors not hard to get along with if you come to work ready to move, but management will kill your motivation. Great place to make quick money, especially from April to October, you'll be working so much you won't have time to spend it. Long term though, not so good.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weak union, bad (upper) management.
Absolutely a horrible place to work
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WINovember 4, 2018
If you have your class A but no experience, then this is the place for you. Other then that if you have a family or like to have a social life this is not the place for you.
Pros
Cons
lots
Not fun to work there extremely labourous
Selector, fork lift driver (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 4, 2018
Good for a little while to make some money but takes a toll on your body quickly. Do not stay long if you intend to not live your life in constant pain
Pros
Coworkers, decent pay
Cons
Extremely hard work not worth the pay
union is always the excuse for management shortfalls
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2018
as you can see on all job board sites, u.s. foods is desperate to hire in all areas. in the union environment, lower level management is always blaming the union for all the problems the company faces and since the upper level management disapproves of the union as well, they just believe what they are being told.
Pros
union enforced pay and benefits which would not be there unless the union negotiated it.
Cons
management is never held accountable for it's shortfalls
A lot of broken promise and No raises when your due!
Deisel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 1, 2018
Didn’t pay me any of my raises even after I was promised and put in a lot of hard work!!! Was a great place when I 1st started with great pay but promises were broken!!
Did not enjoy working here, place was a revolving door.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 31, 2018
The place was a revolving door. I must have seen 20-30 people in the accounting department come and go in my short time there. Management was cold and distant and everyone just seemed out of touch with each other, not a team.
good company
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 31, 2018
great place to work
must be athletic and willing to work long days
physical work
great atmosphere and good work colleagues
hours may vary and must learn how to balance work and family time
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard on your body
Productive and fun workplace-great leadership
Accounts Payable/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coralville, IAOctober 31, 2018
Ability to work at my own pace and have my own companies that I am in charge of was nice.
The nice laid back atmosphere made it easier to work. Great place to be!
Very fast paced and a feeling of satisfaction once all the case loads are shipped out on time
Night Warehouse Verification Clerk (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 30, 2018
I loved working for US Foods. I felt productive and I had a sense of doing a job that was made just for me. My duties and responsibilities gave me a sense of purpose. I felt important and the company was pleased with my service.
Pros
There was a lot of work to do and you had to be fast to keep up with the pace
Cons
Sometimes there was too much work which means late trucks
fun place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 30, 2018
very nice place to work. you can work at your own pace and you also have your own truck to work out of.co-workers friendly and easy to help on your 4 day work week
Hard work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHOctober 30, 2018
Very hard work,alot of hours but you will make money. management does play favorites to the guys that kiss butt,great starter job for the newer drivers.
Pros
money
Cons
hrs, management.
Couldnt keep a supervisor on portland otegom
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 29, 2018
Very hard work poor management.equipment old. Nice drivers lounge but you can't sit in there very long , had to keep eye for green light at dock door.. decent pay
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad management
This is good place work for
Forklift Driver and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 29, 2018
Like working for this place.keeps me in shape and we have a great safe team at work.The place is a good place overall great benefits for families snd great pay
Pros
Great breaks good people
Cons
Note

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight