US Foods

Found 3,753 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,763 reviews
driverselectorroutesyscopalletwarehousefoodserviceusfoods

Great company so far

Featured review

US Foods selected this as a representative review
I have been here for maybe 2 months now. I would have to say by far it's a great company that cares about family and safety over everything. They will bend over backwards to see that you succeed in the company. My boss is a great guy who has bent over backwards for me and has always been there to answer my questions at his most convenient time. They treat you like family rather than another driver they had to have. Can't wait to see what the future holds for me at this company. Also the pay is fantastic I make a good wage and get good family time everyday.

Pros

Everything so far. Third shift can be kind of hard with not getting sleepy.

Cons

None so far

Great people, tough culture

People at USFOODS are great to work for. Everyone is so great full for the job selectors and drivers do. The problem is that the culture is geared to just please the customer, regardless of what happens to the selectors and drivers.

US Foods insights

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Worst company

Las Vegas has two different locations us food and us foods system. For us food systems they don’t pay. They hired a crew of 5 and all of us have been missing hours since day one. We reached out to hr and nothing gets done. Don’t work for us foods systems worst place to work for. If you apply make sure it’s for the us food in town on mlk not the one based off in Phoenix.

It was stressful but very rewarding

I worked there for 20 years, The benefits were excellent my immediate supervisor was great I made good money very good money I did travel a lot I was a national account executive did contracts great meeting all different kinds of people it was very rewarding to me

Pros

Good people to work

Cons

Long

Buyer Beware

Management lied to me on a promotion it's a sweat shop management looks for any reason to fire you and if they can't and you do the honorable thing by putting in a two week notice they escort you off the site. Also forced to work holidays

Horrible upper management and terrible culture

This is a terrible company. The response to COVID was very poor. Upper management is disconnected and mixed messages are frequently the norm at US Foods. I was the only woman in management and my treatment was extremely concerning. Ultimately I left this company and I could not have been happier.

Pros

Cons

Management, Work Environment, Discrimination

Confusion all over the place

GET IT TOGETHER US FOODS!!! There are toooo many problems with this company. If you work as a driver the routes don't get done till practically 3pm they expect you to go to DC,BALTIMORE, ARLINGTON, ALEXANDRIA at night. It was storming and i brought my items back and my manager said i didnt get permission to bring items back even though they got me my routes at 4pm and there were way too many of them. Also the cameras in the trucks and vans are useless unless it is used to get the van and truck drivers in trouble. Pathetic they call it coaching but they don't say anything of use. Also the problem with US foods is most of there orders are wrong so you will get all the way to place and the order is wrong or short or incorrect and you deal with managers who say ive told them this already im done with this company. They talked about the cameras protecting us but i almost got hit soooo many times from crazy drivers and the camera NOT ONE TIME NOT ONCE DID IT EVER HELP ME. AND THEY WONDER WHY THEY ARE SHORT ON DRIVERS LOL WHAT A SAD JOKE!!!

Pros

NONE work somewhere else dont boether

Cons

everything you can think of

Great But Not For Everyone

I would like to see the job place is great but if you’re not making $27 every single day as in speed it won’t be the job for you it’s too much work to maintain a high pick rate then said base pay rate if you’re looking for a job that pays the bills this job is it but for long-term I suggest you CDL’s or try to get a management because order selecting is tiresome and can have a long affect on your back

Pros

Pay

Cons

Work life Balance

Not properly timed

The timing was off for when they expected you to stack the product. They didnt give time for breakers in the cooler. They give great benefits though.

Pros

Retention bonuses, great benefits, employee appreciation week

Cons

Timing was unrealistic, they favor certain employees, they take forever to fix issues at work

Job could be better

I understand that customers need their supplies quickly, but i do believe the incentive pay is hard to reach for newer employees, and managers encourage you to skip your breaks and take shorter lunches which is insane.

Clifton Park

I've been driving my entire life. Now is the time where companies need good professional drivers. This particular location seems out of sync. I honestly don't think anyone is running the ship, as there is very little communication from my immediate supervisor (the guy who hired me). The work is very inconsistent and so is the scheduled start times. As a professional I would expect more from a corporation this big.The pay is good ONLY if your getting the hours. It's really messed up and I feel like I made a bad choice coming here. Hopefully I'm wrong. Best of luck!

Pros

Health benefits on day 1

Cons

Inconsistent schedule/young management

Very productive workplace. Everyone helps each other and work keeps you busy.

I am happy with my experience working with Us Foods. I learned how to pick my products, label, scan, monitor them and palletizing. I learned how to safely use an electric pallet jack and build 2 pallets at the same time when I'm working on an assignment. I also learned how to work in the dry warehouse and the freezer warehouse.

Great company to work for

Hard work. Long hours but they do pay you good. They compensate well. You have early mornings but it’s all worth it. You will lose weight. It’s a fast paced job.

Pros

The pay and you can get a lot of free meals through your customers

Cons

Early hours, hard labor

Trade your body for money

It's not a bad job. One day you'll regret it. That's when your back hurts and your shoulders and your hips. It's very hard to do what they want and not hurt yourself.

Heavy work load

Very physically demanding job with fair to good pay. Schedule for home time it is bad until you have a dedicated route. Once you get your own route work is steady and reliable as well as your income.

No guaranteed/consistent pay

Hours were inconsistent, money fluctuates at this company. You'll work hard and be paid little for your effort. Management also never allowed me to see my work hours.

Fun Work Place very family oriented. Annual Rodeo and Picnic

Good place to work, and is very family oriented. Training is very thorough and they follow thru. Management is great. Overall a very good company to work for.

Pros

Employee meals provided on occasions.

Cons

N/a

Tough job

Physically demanding job that pays well. But over time your body will break down doing this job. Most weekends off but Monday thru Friday you will just work and sleep.

Made good money when I worked there lotta over time the only bad thing I can say is you never know when you will be getting off because of orders if it’s during the school year you will be working over

Pros

45 min lunch

Cons

Never kno when getting off

Work, work

Labor intensive, seldom get assistance, once they’ve worked you enough they’ll find your replacement and fire you. Usually right before your eligible for your sign on bonuses so they don’t have to pay you out before they let you go. So good luck, hope your in good shape.

Pay is good, hours and upper management are awful

Supervisors are treated like disposable equipment. Regularly work 12+ hours on nightshift with no second lunch. Management is rarely there and when they are it's for a few hours during the day. New systems and initiatives are implemented with management having no operational knowledge to offer support. Union warehouse with the union having all control.

Pros

Free lunch, Warehouse is climate controlled

Cons

Long hours, no support from management, too busy taking eachother to sporting events, while understaffed supervisors struggle to complete tasks in 16hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare US Foods with

• US Foods
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?