US Foods Employee Reviews

Found 2,148 reviews matching the search See all 2,154 reviews
Worst job ever
Selector (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 2, 2019
I have worked at the Tampa location for over 3 years . The management is not very good ! They always ask to express your concerns but will ignore you when someone finally gets the courage to speak up ! The system is flawed and not accurate so you don’t get the neccesary time to do the orders. Not to mention you have to argue with co- workers everyday because they won’t let you pass or try to avoid work ! This by far is the worst place I have ever worked! Management shows favoritism towards certain workers which lowers the morale of the warehouse . If you plan on applying to this place plan on never spending time with your family ! There are others jobs this one isn’t it trust me !
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Dead end job
New management not good
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 22, 2018
When I worked there the would try and only give you 8 hours 4 days a week!!! The warehouse was never on time. When you deliver they only give you 13 hr and it’s about a 18 hr run . So the next day you would get a call if you couldn’t do the job in 13 hr. If you took a break like you where supposed to mangers would ask why you wher running late. DOT makes you take 30 after 8 hr. But customers where always nice and would help where to put the stuff. Other companies want you to turn and burn. Us Foods wants you to put it up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management would write you up for no reason. And do a ride along in a car not a semi lol.
Excellent Company Focused On Current Food Industry Trends
Territory Manager (Greater Rochester, NY Area) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2019
A typical day consisted of meeting with your current customers and bringing them ideas to help grow their business. Another big part of the job was cold calling on potential new customers to grow your own customer base. The workplace culture and management staff were always very professional and supportive. Helping all of my customers succeed was the most enjoyable part but collecting outstanding invoice monies from your customers could be quite frustrating at times.
Pros
The ability to work mostly days
Cons
Being in the car most of the time
Hard Work
Selector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJDecember 18, 2018
This job isn't worth the money, though the money is decent it doesn't match up to what is expected of an associate. You WILL have back problems for the rest of your life if you work there more than a year!! I've seen new hires 18 Years of age require surgery on thier back after being there for less than a year and more than 90% of the work force there has had serious back issues. You will not have a life away from this job because all you will want to do on your days off is recover from the long hard and stressful workweek from trying to make your numbers. This job is good for those who don't have or care about family or there own physical being and just want to make money.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
You will need back surgery!
Horrible environment
Credit Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 10, 2018
With 8 people crammed in small quarters with no windows, it's a horribly depressing environment. There's one long time employee who runs the show, she's the real manager in the department. To make matters worse, she's loud, rude and swears on the floor. It's a very unprofessional, toxic environment. No life work balance and need to work Holidays. Overall, not worth the salary or benefits. I needed to leave to save my sanity.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Poor Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2019
I loved my job, my customers and product lines were decent.
The problem is you have senior management here in Omaha that are childish, petty and unsupportive that should have been replaced years ago. This is a great example of "The good old boy system".
This company could be so much more then it could be. It's a shame that the people in headquarters don't see what they are doing to this market and their employees.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Was great experience and exposure to a different industry.
Credit Analyst Level II (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJanuary 19, 2019
They are a well established company, with great leadership at
the time I worked for them.
Their training and HR are top notch.
Their inclusiveness of all employees is outstanding.
The culture at the time was supportive of new employees and inclusive.
Training was always available, if one felt the need for updating any skills.
Pros
Salary and support
Cons
Not great with time flexibility.
Changing all the time
Coordinator II - Special Bills (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 13, 2019
US Foods offers a lot to it's employees. Stock options, 401K, Medical/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance. The Spirit Committee plans events through out the year. Department team outing once a year. Work from home option once you learn your job function.

USF tries to build a strong work ethic among it's employees.
Say and do the right thing, go above and beyond.
It offers a mentor program if you are looking to advance. Toastmasters is offered on site.

The downside, is you need to be flexible and go with the flow. USF is a changing and growing company ever since it went public.
Pros
Wfh, Benefits, relaxed environment, They want to see you suceed
Cons
Swating for other dept can become cumbersome. More of the employee perks being faded out over time.
Use to be a good place to work
Local retail and restaurant delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 27, 2018
The pay was great, benefits good, and management did there part. But then corporate got greedy, or at least that's how it felt, they made Alot of changes, lied about Alot of stuff and made a hard job harder and the hours longer if they would have kept everything the same I would have happily stayed and probably would have retired there. The job itself is physically demanding and the hours can be long but they made it all Alot worse
Fast Paced Fun work Easy Environment
Lead/ Order Selector /Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 26, 2018
Fast paced work, keeping busy decent pay for young or new family with benefits. No real chance of career advancement outside of warehouse work other than driving or lead or management position. Normal day was around 10 to o12 hours in dry, refrigerated or freezer section handling pallet jacks and lifting and placing all sizes and weights of boxes, cans, and food and restaurant related items. pallets get load on trailer by the loader after being staged on the dock by the selector and afterward delivered to the client.
Pros
Easy money, overtime available friendly and easy going environment
Cons
tiring work, no opportunity for career advancement
Dysfunctional company. Constant cycles of hiring and firing.
Logistics Systems Support Manager/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILNovember 23, 2018
US Foods could be a great place to work but the company is it's own worst enemy. Because they are both publicly traded and private equity owned most decision revolve around stock price and not overall long term growth of company. As a result the company is constantly trying to reinvent itself and this leads to cycles of mass hiring and mass firing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too many meetings. Not enough work can get done.
Re-stocker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Always changing. Some things I agree with; others I don't. Production based atmosphere. Safety is of top importance along with looking at production numbers on an individual basis. Loved my manager because he understood all aspects of the job and showed true compassion for his employees while yet still abiding by company policy
Pros
Health Coverage is amazing
Cons
Back and forth management structure
Worse job ever!!!!
Supply Warehouse Worker/Night selector (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJDecember 31, 2018
This job is terrible to work , they only care about numbers , all you are is a number , they don’t care what you have going on outside the work place . The management is horrible!!! No paid vacation, 10to 12 hour days EVERYDAY , no life outside the job . Pay is good but it’s not worth the labor, there’s no structure or organization, and the on it self will break your body down literally!!!!!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Worse job ever
Good, company with excellent benefits and pay. Strong product line. Advancement not available..
TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LANovember 13, 2018
Most enjoyable, aspects of my work:
Autonomy, in the work place; along, with the ability, to work remotely, from my home.
Strong product line, with dependable, delivery service and well, trained, professional drivers.
Customer service was product, knowledgeable, and helpful, with our customers; moreover, supportive, with me as a Territory Manager.
The company paid excellent, benefits and good pay.

Hardest, part of my work experience:
Mentorship, and advancement, could not be attained. Sadly, very, poor.
Pros
Discussed above.
Cons
Discussed above.
I enjoyed working at US Foods. I loved the challenges .
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 15, 2018
The last six months were very busy with transitioning into the US Foods system. Since going live it was challenging do to product not shipping correctly. So in the end it was stressful but fun. I enjoyed all the people I worked with and was able to work in a different position due to a co worker being injured. So I experienced the will call and the shipping and receiving end of the business.
Coworkers are amazing,
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 3, 2018
Beware of what you say and who you say it to. Products are superior. Distribution out of warehouse is less than desirable, and product availability do to inbound freight struggles to keep its customers supplied.
Pros
great products
Cons
Management, and its appraoch to selling. TM's are over worked, and spend more time doing data entry and not nearly enough time selling. Big brother approach!
USFoods is a good Company to work for. Different departments to work for.
Food Delivery Distribution Driver/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 4, 2018
Great Company. I've been working for this company almost 17 years, and i have been working in different areas and learned different tasks.
There is always round table meetings with different departments to see what kind of challenges we are confronting and find the best solutions.
Pros
Good Benefits, different shifts, competitive pay
Cons
Don't know what to say. I consider myself a good hard worker
union is always the excuse for management shortfalls
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 2, 2018
as you can see on all job board sites, u.s. foods is desperate to hire in all areas. in the union environment, lower level management is always blaming the union for all the problems the company faces and since the upper level management disapproves of the union as well, they just believe what they are being told.
Pros
union enforced pay and benefits which would not be there unless the union negotiated it.
Cons
management is never held accountable for it's shortfalls
Very fast paced and a feeling of satisfaction once all the case loads are shipped out on time
Night Warehouse Verification Clerk (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYOctober 30, 2018
I loved working for US Foods. I felt productive and I had a sense of doing a job that was made just for me. My duties and responsibilities gave me a sense of purpose. I felt important and the company was pleased with my service.
Pros
There was a lot of work to do and you had to be fast to keep up with the pace
Cons
Sometimes there was too much work which means late trucks
Good productive workplace
Will Call Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYNovember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working as a will-call office manager at US Foods. I received phone calls from salespeople during the day pertaining to their food orders that they would pick up and deliver later in the day. Management was great - really worked with me when I needed anything. The workers were really good too - very fast paced and well thought out environment.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight