US Foods

Found 4,134 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,145 reviews
driverselectorroutesyscopalletwarehousefoodserviceusfoods

Great company so far

Featured review

US Foods selected this as a representative review
I have been here for maybe 2 months now. I would have to say by far it's a great company that cares about family and safety over everything. They will bend over backwards to see that you succeed in the company. My boss is a great guy who has bent over backwards for me and has always been there to answer my questions at his most convenient time. They treat you like family rather than another driver they had to have. Can't wait to see what the future holds for me at this company. Also the pay is fantastic I make a good wage and get good family time everyday.

Pros

Everything so far. Third shift can be kind of hard with not getting sleepy.

Cons

None so far

Don't care

Good pay but you will work hard for it not for people who aren't in good physical shape. job isn't hard once you find a system that works for you .

US Foods insights

Based on 2,699 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good job if your okay with nights

Not a bad job for night shift. Drive to Montgomery and back. Hours depend on how long it takes them to load your trailer. They pay isn’t bad for what you do.

Good company

Been there over 10 years you get to know your employees pretty well management pretty well. Very comfortable environment. I feel Management is respect both with everybody.. really nice when they look out for each other as in healthwise.

Pros

Trying different foods

Cons

Healthcare

This job pay and benefits are below average.

What is the best part of working at the company?None. Very low pay for shuttle drivers and they give you pto and vacation time but it gets denied when requested.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Old beat up equipment and delays.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Normal, nothing special. Come in do your job and go home.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Come in, get paperwork and start your route.

Good pay, long hours

Long hours, worst management ever. favoritism to the max, union reps are hypocrites. Loads are badly mixed, only good thing is the pay, but not paid enough to deal with the stupidity

Good company.

Good company to work for. You get vacation , sick and personal time; if you are full time. Only 20 hrs of vacation if you are part time. They do have a strict point system.

Excellent Company/Management

HR Shared Services team was excellent to work with. Leadership was always looking for opportunities to teach and train employees new skillsets to succeed in roles.

Pros

Learning-Oriented Environment

Cons

Great company to work for...

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits and pay along with management overall environmentWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The physicality time management routes sometimes What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great managers laid back not pressuring you if you doing your best What is a typical day like for you at the company?Early start time and expect a 10 HR day

Demanding job but worth it

Very physical and demanding job, but if you can do the work it’s a good job with good pay. It’s seniority based so if you stay there long enough it’s gets less physical because you’ll be able to be a Forklift or load trucks. Would work there again.

Pros

They feed you often

Productive as a ping-pong player

Taking pride of the work duty as to be assign to with the most asset of my knowledge and my ability Work as a team player The most enjoyable part of the job. I willing to learn everything about the company and all position that is available throughout the facility

Over worked

They lay you off for a reason that makes no sense No communication with management They never give you a answer in a timely manner. They say the truly care but no they don’t You are just a number Not a name/ person

Pros

Pay check

Cons

Lay offs

Can be fun but challanging.

US Food has great benefits and start out pay is decent but can be more especially in the warehouse as a selector. You will get into great physical shape.

The pay is decent but not worth the stress and hours.

There is no work life balance. You're constantly getting yelled at by upper management and they give you no support. You'll never know when your shift is over. It's over when production ends.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

No work life balance

Fun work place

I love working here. It is fast paced and perfect. There is a lot of heavy lifting and loading but it is okay if your not weak. You just have to stay productive.

Horrible culture backed upper management that only cares about making it to retirement

What is the best part of working at the company?I can’t think of one good thing.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Every aspect of the job was stressful.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Cut throat work environment perpetuated by a culture of mistrust and old school management.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Imagine wanting to repeatedly stab yourself in the neck with a pencil.

Great co workers- management and HR needs work

Loved working at us foods. Until management changed and triple the work was issued without a pay raise. Worked there for 7 years and made an extra $2.25 in that time period. Training needs to be delegated better. Not much room to move up without jumping departments

Management sucks

The work is okay. Management sucks. They pick and choose like favoritism. Also make up they own rules as they go. The pay is good. And a lot of overtime

Pros

Great pay

Traditional sales role

The position offers you full autonomy of your schedule as long as you deliver on key results. Company is on their third CEO in about two years so lots of changes.

Good money stressful work environment

They will run you into the ground physically and mentally. If you don’t complete orders in the time they expect they’ll fire you no matter if you show up and work hard. Good money though

H*ll hole

What is the best part of working at the company?My coworkers helped make the job worthwhile. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Regardless if you like tour job or not your stuck in that position for 6 months. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very fast paced and draining. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Around nine hour days or more. You won't know until halfway through the shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare US Foods with

• Restaurants & Food Service
  • US Foods
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?